Product placement

I watch a lot of Korean dramas and I notice they all wear coats all day long in the office,at home while they are cooking in the kitchen and go to bed with there clothes on also. I understand product placement, but some of this don't make sense to me. It just looks strange to see them wearing garments that should be discarded at some point indoors. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the growing popularity of South Korean programming worldwide, including the Middle East, product placement is all over the shows and viewers seem to be buying into all of it.

The export success of South Korea’s TV dramas has spawned a hard-selling world of branded entertainment that uses product placement to push everything from smartphones to best household products.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I hear you.  I don't watch a lot of television or dramas and only started once I was stuck inside.  I noticed a lot of product placement in the Korean and Chinese dramas and was very surprised.  I didn't realize that there was such a concept as 'product placement' until I started watching these dramas.  I've never paid attention before, but I don't recall seeing products being placed in American television shows or movies. The long coats and outwear they show aren't my style but I'm sure there fans that buy whatever their favorite actor/actress is wearing on the shows.  

• 9 months later...

Product placement is where TV began, at least in U.S.  It was all about getting eyeballs to watch their channel so they can sell stuff...I remind myself that whenever I see outlandish product placement.  But if you what a big laugh, watch Welcome to Waikiki 2 - I watched that because of Kim Seon Ho (yep, I caught the 2nd lead syndrome after watching Start Up) - they poke fun at it in such a hilarious way that I no longer get annoyed when I see it in other dramas.  Whenever I see product placement now, I think of that drama and it make me smile instead. =)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • ferily locked this topic