[Drama 2020] Search, 써치

larus

Is that Dongjin's mother photo on the news article Dajung was reading. The photo was a bit blurred but I believe it's Mrs.Heera's photo on that article regarding the protest the against north korean defector.

aEjAiwG.jpg

------------------------

Guess the team will have to deal with the green eyed monster now!

All this time 'it' was keeping an eye on Dongjin and Yerim when they were on their missions!

I wonder what the real deal is with Song MinKyu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG his dad! (He is Yeon Woo-Jin who was in Priest, Marriage Not Dating and slew of other lead roles!!!)

https://asianwiki.com/Yeon_Woo-Jin

PS: I watched live today but I'm not going to spoil too much. I still need to watch with subs.

Spoiler

Why do I have this feeling that Lee Hyuk is going to send a team to kill of Dongjin and his mother too!!!

Why is Lee Hyuk not even arrested yet after that news!!

So, Lee Jun Sang indeed not Le Hyuk's son. 

And the mutant was indeed capt Jo. I always wonder why they said he flet to NK. It means they never found his body. And capt jo got his infection from yerim's father plus the substance thus making him have a green eyes. 

But i wonder why some mutant become wild and capt jo still in his right state of mind. I presume since he got it from human not like the other that presumably getting bite by wild dog.

It is getting interested since Dong Jin was capt. Jo's son and he remember the fist bump with his father. Probably his mother change their family names to avoid the crowd

Today EP8 is the best EP so far as most of our speculations were pretty much answered in this episode. 

The root cause was the radioactive substances that the male lead's father was practically gotten from the spillage of the radioactive substance and from being contacted with the blood fluids of the "Host" (NK soldier with red eyes). 

Female lead's father was the Host (NK soldier) and he was dead in 1997.

Male lead's father was the 2nd target - mutant with green eyes which is everyone searching for him now. 

Lee Hyuk, the congressman,is more monstrous that any mutant.  The last EP shown that he wanted to turn around the table to modify the video tape was really a pissed off.

There is one possible plot hole that how can the mutant father with green eyes hiding in the old abandoned building could recognise his own son (male lead) after so many years (since 1997 event till now) without the connection to the outside world using proper radio or improved technology devices? What left with him was only the family photo- his wife with a young boy. The only possible explanation was that his wife has been connected with him all these while....but how? Lets wait for the remaining two EP for next week. :D  

Ep. 8 is such a great ep. it has many revelations. I really thought the host was Yerim's dad. And when I saw captain Jo I was O___O 

The encounter of captain Jo with Dongjin, his son, was emotional. But I really think they still don't know abt each other's identity. 

Abt congressman Lee, I agree with many on Twitter, he's the real monster... He wanted to kill baby Yerim >____< is he even human??? grgrgrgrgr... 

Spoiler

Abt the next episodes I have the feeling that there will be many deads T____T and one of them will be captain mutant Jo maybe saving Dongjin or Yerim... 

Dongjin will suffer so much ( and I will suffer with him huhuhu) and also Yerim when she will discover abt her parents' deads... And abt the doctor that is/was her protector, I think he will play a big role in exposing congressman Lee (probably the general, that was murdered, contacted him before taking the desicion to reveal the true) 

And talking abt the general, that man who kill him by Lee's order... The camera focus in his tattoo hmm weird but I think it has a purpose. 

Well, well I hope all the other questions that we have will be answered in the last two eps. I want to know abt the NK radioactive substance. Why Dongjin and Yerim broke up ( totally curious abt :Please:

P.S. I hope congressman Lee will be arrest and pass the rest of his life in prison in shame and disgrace. 

It was an exciting episode.

I like how DJs feelings are portrayed from the moment he saw that fist bump

in that basement. He was surprised at first and then he began to hope that 

the man was his father.

The scene when DJ recognized that photo on the screen, was the highlight of this episode.

that was touching...

EmXeWa2U4AAGyp3?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SearchEp8?src=hashtag_click

Jang Dong Yoon, Krystal, And More Bid Farewell To “Search” With Closing Comments

Search-1.jpg

The cast of OCN’s “Search” shared their closing remarks ahead of the conclusion of the drama!

“Search” is a thriller drama about a special search party sent to investigate a mysterious death in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Jang Dong Yoon stars as Yong Dong Jin, a conscripted sergeant and military dog handler who has just one month left in his service before he is recruited for the search party. f(x)’s Krystal co-stars as Son Ye Rim, an elite lieutenant who received her training in the United States.

Jang Dong Yoon hinted at the key point of the final episode as he said, “It’s a shame the drama ended so quickly. Look out for how all the conflict will be resolved as the hidden secrets are revealed.”

Krystal commented, “I had such a good time together with the wonderful director, actors, and staff. I think the hot summer I spent together with ‘Search’ will remain in my memory for a long time.” She ended with a thanks to the viewers, saying, “Thank you to the viewers who tuned in to the drama. Make sure to look out for how Son Ye Rim and Yong Dong Jin will clear up the misunderstandings in their past.”

Moon Jung Hee played Kim Da Jung, a guide at the DMZ memorial center and former team leader of an all-female squadron in charge of anti-terror in the Battalion Task Force. She commented, “I’m so thankful that ‘Search,’ which we filmed while sweating in the hot summer, is wrapping up with such a good reception. I feel really proud.”

Reflecting on the drama, Moon Jung Hee continued, “Although 10 episodes feels very short, and I always feel some regret with every production, this was a production where the film-like angles and camerawork that went together with the storyline felt fresh.” She concluded, “I want to say thank you once more to all of my colleagues, staff, the producers, the director, and everyone who eagerly tuned in to the drama.”

Yoon Park, who took on the role of Captain Song Min Gyu, said, “So many actors and staff worked hard on the drama while sweating in the middle of the hot summer. While it’s a shame that the results of that hard work have finally come to an end, I’m also happy that the viewers gave us such generous love and support. I am extremely grateful for your interest in ‘Search’ and Captain Song Min Gyu.”

Next, Lee Hyun Wook, who played Lieutenant Lee Jun Sung, shared, “‘Search’ gave me the opportunity to try something new and challenge myself. Thank you so much for tuning in to the military thriller ‘Search.’ I’ll greet everyone again through another good production in the future.”

Lee Ha Yul played the role of Sergeant Park Gi Hyung. He revealed, “Throughout filming, we had to deal with heatwaves and a lot of rain, so it’s a production where everyone worked really hard. Although there were times when we were tired, everyone was able to come together and wrap up filming well.” He continued, “I’m so thankful to everyone who tuned into the drama and gave us support, and I hope everyone’s futures are full of happiness. We stand united!”

Finally, Choi Yoon Je, who played Sergeant Joo Moon Chul, said, “It feels like just yesterday that I began practicing the script for ‘Search,’ so I can’t believe it’s already time for the final episode. I have a lot of regrets and I could have done better, but the role of Joo Moon Chul gave me the opportunity to learn and grow.” He concluded, “I’m thankful that I was able to work with good people, meet a good character, and have a good experience. With a grateful heart, I’ll return to everyone again and make an even better impression.”

The final episode of “Search” airs on November 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437905wpp/jang-dong-yoon-krystal-and-more-bid-farewell-to-search-with-closing-comments

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Search, 써치

After finishing the show, I think it was a good show though somethings would have been a bit better.

But Overall I liked the show. But the biggest thing that kept me watching was Jang Dongyoon. I watched Solomon's Perjury and did not follow any other drama of him after that.

I wish story-wise it was bit more complex and the monster sent out search parties to ferret out Lee Hyuk rather than sit for long hours of periods!:huh:

“Search” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Entire Run + “Homemade Love Story” Hits New High

bab143b49f764dc28f8fab600b904883.jpeg?s=

Nov 16, 2020
by E. Cha

OCN’s “Search” ended on a high note last night!

On November 15, the series finale of the mystery thriller achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Search” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent and a peak of 4.7 percent for the night, marking an all-time high for the drama.

The finale of “Search” also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.9 percent and a peak of 3.5 percent nationwide.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438016wpp/search-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-entire-run-homemade-love-story-hits-new-high

I enjoyed it. It was exciting and thrilling. It was also really sad. A country torn in half, at war with each other. That will never stop being sad.

Not to mention a greedy, ruthless villain who ruined so many lives.

Hurray for Yeon Woo-Jin as Captain Jo. Even as the green-eyed mutated zombie, he is ... cute. :lol:

Also loved Moon Jeong-Hee as the bada$$ ahjumma who used to be in the special forces. I was looking forward to seeing her kick some butt, and she did not disappoint. I love this actress.

I didnt expect Captain Song and Lieutenant Lee to die.

Its a little strange that Captain didnt realize earlier that it was a trap.

I thought he was smarter.

DJ and Yerim are a good team.

I understood that she was in a North Korean uniform...does that mean 

she would go to NK...

Those scenes between DJ and Captain Jo were natural.

They both were calm but it just looked like that...

It would be nice if DJ could hear Captain Jo's voice...

It was a very interesting drama...:approves:

I enjoyed the series. My first prediction was true. Dong Jin`s father became a mutant. I did not understand how it happened since he was shot by his comrade but they answered my question. I am glad that Dong Jin met him and called him father at least once.

I had a feeling that Lee Hyuk will kill his son (or that his son will try to save Dong Jin and will be killed) and it happened. I felt sorry that Lee Joon-Sung and Captain Song died. Just because Lee Jong Sung  sent the video to reporters and did not cover his father`s wrongdoing, he had my admiration. It was a hard thing to do but he did the right thing. 

I( like who we saw Dong Jin with Mac in the end and we see how they are searcing for victims or other things as a job outside military. I like that the show ended with the word: Search!. Dong Jin`s comand for his dog.

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I understood that she was in a North Korean uniform...does that mean 

she would go to NK...

I don`t think she was in a North Korean`s uniform. I think she remained in the army (in South Korea army) but she found out about her origins after the mission. She had her mother`s passport and her birth certificate.

4 hours ago, larus said:

I( like who we saw Dong Jin with Mac in the end and we see how they are searcing for victims or other things as a job outside military. I like that the show ended with the word: Search!. Dong Jin`s comand for his dog.

I don`t think she was in a North Korean`s uniform. I think she remained in the army (in South Korea army) but she found out about her origins after the mission. She had her mother`s passport and her birth certificate.

I thought it was a North Korea uniform because of that five-pointed metal star on her pocket...

I like the last scene too...cool...

7 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I thought it was a North Korean uniform because of that five-pointed metal star on her pocket...

I like the last scene too...cool.

It was a South Korea uniform. Besides that, it doesn`t make any sense that she will go to North Korea. Her home and her country is South Korea now.

On 11/16/2020 at 2:26 PM, chickfactor said:

Hurray for Yeon Woo-Jin as Captain Jo. Even as the green-eyed mutated zombie, he is ... cute. :lol:

I thought this guy looked rather familiar when I saw him in ep 1, didn’t know he is a famous actor doing a cameo haha. But he really looked good in military uniform. 

I enjoyed this drama same as everyone here. I noticed the Captain Song Min-Kyu is a good looking guy but did not realise he looked so different (with blonde hair) in the above interview in youtube. I still prefer his black hair with army uniform. 

Anyone can recall the music/sound background (not OST) at the beginning of each EP (like a big ship/cruise docking sound at arrivals), i remember the background sound appeared in some of the hollywood thriller movies, just can't recall, would highly appreciate it if anyone can share here.  :D

Archived