[Drama 2020] Search, 써치

larus

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Gets Into Action In Teaser For Military Thriller “Search”

79f19923611045d1802abbf8a77adb4f.jpeg?s=

Sep 22, 2020
by C. Lee

A new teaser has been revealed for the upcoming OCN drama “Search”!

The military thriller drama is about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murder that take place in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon will star as Yong Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party.

Yoon Park will be playing Song Min Kyu, an elite officer who becomes the leader of the search party, and Lee Hyun Wook will be Lee Joon Sung, the deputy team leader who possesses the mindset of a true soldier.

Starting off the teaser, the commanding officer announces, “The special mission team will be formed.” Yong Dong Jin, Song Min Kyu, and Lee Joon Sung are introduced, and they will be working together at the DMZ.

Song Min Kyu says, “I’m in charge of the special mission team ‘North Star.'” Meanwhile, Lee Joon Sung shows off a perfect kick and declares, “I’m in charge of reconnaissance operations, and I have a black belt in specialized martial arts.” Next is Yong Dong Jin, who is athletic on the basketball court and sweet to his military dog.

The trio gather at the DMZ and prepare for the next day’s plans. They finally get to work after hearing their command, and the teaser previews tense moments of the team in action.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427065wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-gets-into-action-in-teaser-for-military-thriller-search

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
September 29 2020

Main trailer for OCN drama “Search”

Search-KD-maintrailerSM1.jpg

Main trailer added for OCN drama series “Search” starring Jang Dong-Yoon & Krystal. Captions in the main trailer states (0:02) “Mysterious death found in the demilitarized zone,” (0:08) “A special operation to reveal the secret,” (0:17) “An unidentified enemy,” (0:22) “No one has ever seen,” (0:23) “Face fear.”

“Search” first airs October 17, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Military search troop members, including Koo Dong-Jin (Jang Dong-Yoon) and Son Ye-Rim (Krystal) try to fight against a mysterious creature and struggle to get away from the DMZ. They build camaraderie through their struggle.

Koo Dong-Jin is a sergeant with only a little time left in the army. Son Ye-Rim is an elite officer and she has a secret about her birth.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-trailer-for-ocn-drama-search

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Face An Inhuman Threat In “Search” Trailer

2b1ea35550c4409baec3eee1f028bc12.jpeg?s=

Sep 30, 2020
by C. Hong

OCN has released the main teaser for their upcoming drama “Search”!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and deaths in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon stars as Yong Dong Jin, a military dog handler who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. Krystal stars as Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation as a special officer.

In the new trailer, Jang Dong Yoon and his fellow soldiers carry a body out of the DMZ in the pouring rain. Krystal notes several odd features about the body, which died in mysterious and suspicious circumstances. A team is put together to investigate and go hunting in the DMZ, only to face off against a terrifying creature that Jang Dong Yoon describes as “not human.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428892wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-face-an-inhuman-threat-in-search-trailer

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, And More Talk About Working Together For New Drama “Search”

d63ee6727cb54893be7227bdc505de8b.jpeg?s=

Oct 5, 2020
by S. Cho

OCN’s “Search” has released a special interview of their main cast!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

On October 5, OCN uploaded an interview with Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

When asked about the atmosphere on set, all the actors commented on how upbeat the cast is and how they all cheer each other on, despite how physically demanding the filming is. Krystal explained, “As it’s a military thriller drama, physically, all the actors are…” before stopping to laugh. “We’re all working hard,” she added. “In order to show a new image, we’re all staying strong in the mountains and filming diligently.”

Yoon Park said, “The atmosphere is very hot. The weather is also hot. We are also feeling hot,” and laughed.

Regarding their decision to appear in “Search,” Jang Dong Yoon explained, “I picked it because the subject matter was unique and the character was charming.”

The actor also talked about his chemistry with Krystal, sharing, “Since she is a very bright and open-minded person, it wasn’t hard to approach her. I think that was what allowed our chemistry to happen so seamlessly.”

Krystal commented, “When I first met Jang Dong Yoon, it felt like I already knew him. He was very friendly and when we talked about our first impressions, I already felt comfortable with him. I thought that I’d also feel very comfortable with him on set, which I was. We get along well and he’s fun.” While laughing she continued, “He’s funny. A bit weird.”

When discussing the hard parts about filming, Jang Dong Yoon explained, “There are a lot of action scenes and we had to film in very rough environments like mountains and swamps. Filming in those places inevitably made us prone to injury. However, we did our best to film safely, so we were able to do so.”

Krystal talked about meeting with a real-life female soldier in order to receive tips on how not to look awkward on screen. She said, “I think I asked a lot of questions in order to account for those aspects.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429722wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-fxs-krystal-and-more-talk-about-working-together-for-new-drama-search

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And f(x)’s Krystal Come Face-To-Face With Mysterious Enemy In “Search” Teaser

ccf42ec4a93842deb67eea828d3c1375.jpeg?s=

Oct 8, 2020
by C. Lee

OCN has shared a new preview for the first episode of the upcoming drama “Search”!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon will star as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. Meanwhile, f(x)’s Krystal will play the role of Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

The video begins with Corporal Oh (played by Lee Kyung Min) being chased in a grassy area surrounding the DMZ. Without any protective gear on, he seems desperate to escape. When he pauses for a moment to catch his breath, he’s suddenly attacked, and he then disappears, leaving only his gun and traces of blood behind.

A search party to find the missing person is announced. Yoon Dong Jin joins the team, and Son Ye Rim sets out to investigate the scene as well. They initially thought that Corporal Oh had been attacked by a wild animal, but when Son Ye Rim looks closely at the bloodstains, she says, “I don’t think it was an animal.”

After analyzing the blood collected from the scene, they unexpectedly detect

rabies, and the case of the missing corporal becomes even more suspicious.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430213wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-fxs-krystal-come-face-to-face-with-mysterious-enemy-in-search-teaser

f(x)’s Krystal Reflects On Her Acting Career And Talks About Her Character In Upcoming Drama “Search”

5d7deda622ef4dfabb4da721ac8cdc43.jpeg?s=

Oct 8, 2020
by C. Hong

f(x)’s Krystal participated in a fall-themed pictorial and interview for the cover of the magazine 1st Look.

Krystal is starring in the upcoming OCN drama “Search,” which is about a special team assigned to investigate mysterious disappearances and deaths in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Krystal plays Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the team as a special officer.

In the magazine interview, Krystal said, “I was drawn to the fact that the drama tackled the daily lives of soldiers in the armed forces. The character of Lieutenant Son Ye Rim was very attractive to me as well. I thought it was new and exciting to see a female soldier character who serves in active duty on the field and leads a special task force. In preparing for the drama, I met with real soldiers and interviewed them in order to bring a sense of realism to the character. I want to hear that I looked like a real soldier in the drama.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430187wpp/fxs-krystal-reflects-on-her-acting-career-and-talks-about-her-character-in-upcoming-drama-search

Watch: New Teaser For Drama “Search” Explains Why Krystal And Jang Dong Yoon Had To Join A Special Task Force

10f72c26beb342088aee28063611e693.jpeg?s=

Oct 12, 2020
by M. Kang

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” has released a two-minute teaser that gives a taste of what the plot will hold.

“Search” is Korea’s first military thriller and tells the story of a mysterious disappearance and murder case in the demilitarized zone, or DMZ. The video shows Corporal Oh being attacked and dragged away by an unknown being while on duty. A search team is sent out to find traces of the missing soldier.

In the middle of the night, amid the grassy plains, Lieutenant Son Ye Rim (Krystal) comes into contact with the unknown culprit. But in an instant, the unidentified being disappears again. A special task force is then formed to resolve the case. Led by Captain Song Min Kyu (Yoon Park), the team is given the name “Polaris” and instructed to kill the enemy within a week.

Things are set into motion with Captain Song Min Kyu’s confident brief announcing that the mission will start at 12:05 a.m. the next day. The situation quickly escalates when while investigating, Sergeant Yong Dong Jin (Jang Dong Yoon) reports seeing a sign of the culprit. He goes after the movement in the grass in a frenzy, adding to the suspense.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1430994wpp/watch-new-teaser-for-drama-search-explains-why-krystal-and-jang-dong-yoon-had-to-join-a-special-task-force

“Search” Director On What Makes The Drama Different, The Cast’s Chemistry, And More

12c582029e554f82be35947ee4551f02.jpeg?s=

Oct 12, 2020
by S. Cho

With only a few days left until the premiere of OCN’s “Search,” director Im Dae Woong sat down to discuss some burning questions from excited fans!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The drama stars Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

This “dramatic cinema” project is the first drama that Im Dae Woong has directed. He has previously demonstrated unique types of horror through his work in films “House of the Disappeared” and “Horror Stories.”

Regarding his decision to work on “Search,” Im Dae Woong shared, “I wasn’t used to the system of narratives longer than movies and having to film so much. To carefully describe it, I think ‘dramatic cinema’ is a project that acts as a bridge between films and dramas. It was also a big selling point that OCN specializes in unique genres. ‘Trap,’ ‘Hell is Other People, and ‘Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation‘ among others have already laid the foundation for dramatic cinema projects.”

He continued, “‘Search’ has borrowed that factor of being more like a film than films themselves. Additionally, the staff worked delicately in each of their fields to portray the fast storyline of a drama as a movie. That synergy really perfected this project.”

The interviewer asked what he paid most attention to while directing “Search” and Im Dae Woong answered, “Angling it toward the viewers. For example, viewers of horror films are people who enjoy paying money to feel trapped in horror. However, I judged that drama viewers are slightly different. As a result, I paid a lot of attention to directing in a way that could be comfortably enjoyed.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431156wpp/search-director-on-what-makes-the-drama-different-the-casts-chemistry-and-more

Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Describe Each Other And Their Teamwork, Share Their Experiences Filming “Search,” And More

856ec69ec27c46ecaaba77adbc01b269.jpeg?s=

Oct 13, 2020
by J. K

The cast of “Search” took another step towards its much-anticipated premiere by holding a press conference on October 13.

“Search” is OCN’s upcoming military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The drama stars Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

Director Im Dae Woong stated at the press conference, “The drama is mainly a military thriller. There are also other genres mixed in with that, so it would be best if you think of it as a hybrid genre.”

Jang Dong Yoon has taken the role of Yong Dong Jin, a passionate and optimistic young soldier who works as a military dog handler. He’s assigned to the search party when he only has a short time left in his mandatory military service.

He spoke about acting in his first genre drama at the press conference. “I think the biggest reason I chose to join the cast was how interesting the script was,” he said. “I chose it because, like the director said, even though this is a genre project there are aspects of it that the general public will find interesting, rather than just fans of the particular genre.”

Jang Dong Yoon also transformed his whole look to play his character. “I ate well and worked out a lot,” he said. “I put on a bit of weight too. I’ve lost it now, but I built up my physique to fit the character who’s a soldier and someone with strong physical abilities, since he’s a military dog handler and has to join the specialized search party too. Also, soldiers toward the end of their service do tend to put on some weight.” Director Im Dae Woong added, “On set, he really had the look of a soldier toward the end of his service.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431378wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-describe-each-other-and-their-teamwork-share-their-experiences-filming-search-and-more

Premiere Watch: Search, Start-Up

by missvictrix

premwatch_search1.jpg

You don’t have to Search for more dramas to Start-Up this week (heh, sorry) because we have two more premieres! One is an interesting military mystery starring the lovely Jang Dong-yoon, and the other is the latest (and hopefully greatest) from the writer of such dramas as I Can Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, and While You Were Sleeping.

Search

premwatch_search2.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Mystery, thriller
Episode count: 10

Reasons to watch: Sometimes a drama’s trailer grabs me so hard that I’m willing to forget things like it’s on my least favorite channel. And that’s exactly the case here, with OCN’s latest drama and military thriller, Search. The trailer was a total win for me, with its stylish, intriguing cinematography, that field of eerily moving grasses, and of course, the promise of a mysterious story of soldiers at the DMZ. Even if it’s not your cup of tea, though, there are some other reasons to check it out — Jang Dong-yoon doing a 180 from his last role, Krystal in a drama we’d never picture her in, and lots of dogs, since our hero has been serving in a K-9 unit. I convinced you to watch, right?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/premiere-watch-search-start-up/

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Pick Key Points Of Their Upcoming Drama “Search”

63e828b938624a57a7fed747236e2847.jpeg?s=

Oct 16, 2020
by S. Cho

Jang Dong Yoon and f(x)’s Krystal recently participated in an exclusive interview with Rakuten Viki for their upcoming drama “Search”!

OCN’s military thriller drama “Search” is about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Jang Dong Yoon plays Yong Dong Jin, a passionate and optimistic young soldier who works as a military dog handler. Krystal plays his ex-girlfriend Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation as a special officer.

Both Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal introduced themselves to viewers and expressed their excitement to share their drama with fans of Viki. To help the audience enjoy the drama even more, the two shared some key points of “Search.” Jang Dong Yoon explained, “First off, ‘Search’ is Korea’s first military thriller drama and tells the exciting story of a search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the DMZ.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon-1.jpg

Jang Dong Yoon added, “I play military dog handler Yong Dong Jin and I plan to show a new kind of acting that I haven’t showcased before. Since it was a new challenge, I did my best, so please watch it lots.”

For her key points, Krystal shared, “I think you’ll be able to see lots of Lieutenant Son Ye Rim’s action scenes and her cold and strict charms. Please look forward to it.”

Krystal-1.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431862wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-pick-key-points-of-their-upcoming-drama-search

'Search' side "Yeon Woo-jin, special appearance...mystery case opened"
YBY4HNJGKNKHQCML4HQYY4HU4A.jpg

Actor Yeon Woo-jin opens the door to the DMZ mystery that occurred in OCN'Search'.
OCN Dramatic Cinema'Search' (played by Go Myung-ju, directed by Lee Sang-woong Myung Hyun-woo) announced the news of Yeon Woo-jin's special appearance just a day before its first broadcast. He plays 'Captain Cho Min-guk', the company commander of the Search Battalion, who was put into operation in the Demilitarized Zone in 1997. As a person who was responsible for the past operation that started the mystery incident that occurred in the DMZ, he plans to complete the episode that is the key to the play.

In the midst of raising expectations with the disclosure of the still-cut that has already been completely transformed into a soldier, the '97 Demilitarized Zone Operation' part, which he included in the character relationship. Because of the fact that the ROK Commander, Daesik Han (Dukmoon Choi) and the next presidential candidate, Hyuk Lee (Seongju Yoo), were involved in the demilitarized zone operation in 1997, and that the person responsible for this operation was none other than Captain Cho Min-guk, the commander of the Search Battalion, It amplifies curiosity about the first broadcast of how the operation of the three people in the past could relate to what is happening in the DMZ.

An official said, "Actor Yeon Woo-jin will appear in the first episode and give great power to the'Search.' "Please look forward to it," he said, "The first broadcast is coming one day ahead. We hope that you will have a fresh and fun experience through the military thriller drama that is being released for the first time in Korea."

Archived