[Drama 2020] Search, 써치

larus

3 Reasons To Tune In To OCN’s New Military Thriller “Search”

d1bbe6ea326f4e03b47af48b578cd288.jpeg?s=

Oct 17, 2020
by C. Hong

Are you intrigued by OCN’s thrilling new military drama “Search”?

“Search” is part of OCN’s “dramatic cinema” series and directed by Im Dae Woong and Myung Hyun Woo and written by Goo Mo and Go Myung Joo. It stars Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal in a story about a special military team put together to investigate mysterious disappearances and deaths in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Described as Korea’s first military thriller drama, here are three reasons you should tune in to the show:

Unexpected twists and turns

krystal-search.jpeg

“Search” promises to live up to its name of “thriller” in its teasers! The posters and trailers highlight “a terror that no one has ever seen” and show the soldiers of the task force fighting a mysterious inhuman threat. Director Im Dae Woong said, “With the DMZ as the backdrop, we worked hard to make something that goes beyond viewers’ imaginations.” The production staff also stated, “There is a mysterious figure that appears in the peaceful DMZ. With its appearance, various incidents like disappearances and murders start to take place. The special task force is appointed to uncover secrets and solve the mystery, but they will encounter twists and turns that neither they nor the viewers will expect.”

Military action scenes

search-krystal.jpeg

With a solid cast of Jang Dong Yoon, Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook, their synergy shines through in their military action scenes. The cast and crew all picked the military concept as a key point for the drama. Krystal said, “I worked to absorb the real language and posture of military personnel.” Yoon Park said, “I was more passionate about my character than usual because it’s rare to find a role whose principal job is a soldier. It was a fun experience.” The production staff added, “We focused on the details of props and tools that the military uses in order to bring the genre to life.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432128wpp/3-reasons-to-tune-in-to-ocns-new-military-thriller-search

• Like 4

Just watched ep 1 and im so craving ep 2. I watched either zombie, gumiho and now wolf :sweatingbullets:

i think someone in previous DMZ scene (after gun war) who bring the box is the mysterious cratures. Is he infected by something? He looks strange. Hmmm 

• Like 4

Krystal And Jang Dong Yoon Join Yoon Park In The Interrogation Room In “Search”

c10dd6a311a54383884c02482937254a.jpeg?s=

Oct 18, 2020
by S. P

OCN’s “Search” has revealed new stills ahead of the second episode!

“Search” is a military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The drama stars Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

Spoilers

The first episode gave viewers a shock as the body of Corporal Oh (Lee Kyung Min), who had gone missing after being caught by an unknown enemy, was discovered in a field. The incident, which was once thought to be an attack by a wild animal, is now considered to be provocation from the North. The mysteries continued to pile up with the detection of a virus that is difficult to trace, as well as the illogical movements of an unknown being.

The new stills show Sergeant Yong Dong Jin (Jang Dong Yoon), first lieutenant Son Ye Rim (Krystal), and Captain Song Min Gyu (Yoon Park) in the military police interrogation room. Yong Dong Jin, who only has 456 hours left until he returns to civilian life, ended up being caught up in a different squadron’s operation. He is called to the interrogation room and sits with a confused look on his face. Son Ye Rim, who proved her great analytic skills by uncovering the key clues needed to investigate the disappearance of Corporal Oh, is also present, leading viewers to wonder what awaits the pair.

Jang-Dong-Yoon-Krystal-Yoon-Park.jpg

The first appearance of Song Min Gyu will also mark an interesting development in the drama. With a solemn appearance and an icy cold gaze, he makes plans with a face that is impossible to read. In the preview at the end of the first episode, Song Min Gyu met Commander Han Dae Shik (Choi Duk Moon) in secret and was told, “You can carry out everything I order, right?” Song Min Gyu’s appointment to leader of the special task force and other suspicious actions will amplify the mystery in the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432229wpp/krystal-and-jang-dong-yoon-join-yoon-park-in-the-interrogation-room-in-search

• Like 5

The beginning of the first episode was spooky. I am not sure why the South Korean soldier shot first to the North Korean and started to kill each other. He panicked or it was something in the air? That North Korean baby was Yong Dong-Jin?

Sergeant Yong Dong Jin made me smile when I saw him with the other comrades. He was good at basketball, did not feel the hit of the sun like others. They were sent to tranquilize that wolf without weapons? I like Dong Jin and his dog, Leo. I hope Leo won will be alright.

The creature that was created by Noth Korean is terifying. It was a virus that had such effect on humans and animals? I am waiting for episode 2 but I hope and expect calm moments too where the character can interact with one another.

• Like 6

Krystal And Jang Dong Yoon’s New Drama “Search” Sees Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

Krystal And Jang Dong Yoon’s New Drama “Search” Sees Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

Oct 18, 2020
by E. Cha

OCN’s new drama “Search” appears to be on the rise!

On October 18, after premiering to a strong start the night before, the new mystery thriller starring f(x)’s Krystal and Jang Dong Yoon enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the second broadcast of “Search” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent and a peak of 3.6 percent.

“Search” also saw its ratings rise among the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 2.5 percent and a peak of 2.9 percent for its second episode.

• Like 7

I've watched the 2 episodes and I'm so excited about the upcoming eps. Now there are many things I'm curious abt. One of them Is who's Dong Jin's father... hmmm... and my guess is Commamder Night Owl and Yerim's father could be the one that was holding the 'Joseon' box AND that now is a mutant (?) 

/o\ 

can't wait for the next episodes!!!! :sparklyeyes:

• Like 5

I can`t believe that Leo is dead. :tears: But I was glad that Dong Jin has another dog, Mac.

I was surprised how this virus works. So the dead person comes alive (like a zombie thing?)?

We found out that Ye Rim is that North Korean baby from DMZ incident. And there are two suvivors as well and they did not tell the truth about what happened. Is one of them the one who start the shooting?

I am also curious who is Dong Jin`s father. He could be Jo Min-Kook`s son. He was about to get married but he died at that mission from 1997. 

• Like 6

I think it was a nice surprise to have Ye Rim be the missing NK baby. I actually thought it was Dong Jin. :sweatingbullets: I think the creature might indeed be her father. 

I also agree that there’s something odd about the shootout in 1997. The soldier who fired seemed like he did it intentionally even if he was a little scared. It makes me wonder if there’s some conspiracy here that started before the shooting. 

For covering up the incident, I hope it comes back to majorly or literally bite the politician Lee Hyuk. He seems way too comfortable with covering up the incident where as the commander seems harassed by the coverup still over all those years. 

I wonder how exactly the virus spreads. Is it through a bite and therefore bodily fluid? I’m curious since Ye Rim was attacked but not bitten. Hopefully she’s not infected.

Episode 2 felt far too short for me. So far it’s an interesting thriller. I like that the comedy is genuinely funny to me. I found it hilarious when Dong Jin’s crew were clinging to the tree in fear after they found the wolf. :lol: And shortly after when they accidentally shot him with the tranquilizer. :lol: His team members are so amusing.

• Like 8

Search: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by missvictrix

Search0102_1.jpg

Soldiers, mystery, and monsters at the DMZ? Sign me up! The opening week of OCN’s Search was exactly what I was expecting: an introduction to our hero, setup around our search team, and just enough of a hint at something gone terribly wrong to keep our interest going.

EPISODES 1-2 REVIEW

SEARCH0102_2.jpg

I love a good military story so much that I jumped headlong into this drama without thinking very much about it. Throw in Jang Dong-yoon as the lead, and it’s pretty much a guaranteed win for me, even if I don’t wind up loving the plot. Here’s the consensus so far: if Predator and Doom had a K-drama plot baby that was set at the DMZ and featured a super handsome Korean actor, it would be, well, Search.

Even though there’s enough of a story to keep things going, if military stories low on plot, heavy on night shoots, and full of low-budget CGI are not your thing, you might want to pass on Search (I love all three of these things for some reason, so I’m biased). And if you’re just here to find out about the promised scene of a shirtless, sweaty Jang Dong-yoon playing basketball with his teammates and showing off some pretty sick skills, that scene can be found at the 18-minute mark of Episode 1, and is well worth watching. You know, for science.

But, if you’re game for the drama at hand, we’ve got a nice supply of soldier camaraderie, military maneuvering, gunfire, search squadrons, and an enemy that’s shaping up to be much worse than any soldiers from the opposing force.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/search-episodes-1-2-review/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello there!

Okay I saw the preview for this drama and thought it was super interesting. (plus Jang Dong Yoon is the main lead), but didn’t decide on watching the drama while it’s ongoing. (also because a drama I was watching just finished yesterday and I haven’t had time to get over that yet..) But I watched the first episode out of curiosity today and was immediately hooked....so I HAD to watch the 2nd episode as well :brokenheart:

Now I will be watching this drama while it’s ongoing because it’s just SO interesting! and spooky I admit.. My goodness, the tension and suspense gets to me (plus watching the first two episodes late at night might not be the best idea)...

I was surprised that Hye Rim was the baby.. tbh I was thinking it’s Dong Jin as well but we were proved wrong! At the end of episode 2, I was internally screaming for Hye Rim to get out of there but I wouldn’t be any better in that situation ah.

Super curious about this “virus” that the North Korean guy is infected with. Actually assuming that him and his wife were nuclear weapon workers, I’m thinking it has to do with that..but it seems to be more than a “virus” because it even brought a person from the dead! And your eyes get all red.. I want to say though, the original infector (Hye Rim’s real father) must have some sanity I feel like.

Overall, this drama so far is super intense and thrilling! I want to see what happens next..

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:03 AM, larus said:

The beginning of the first episode was spooky. I am not sure why the South Korean soldier shot first to the North Korean and started to kill each other. He panicked or it was something in the air?

The SK soldier who starts shooting had been infected by that time and starts to show 'effects' of virus (heightened sense of fear and senses and predator-like panic before he turns full-on undead zombie). He is the captain who was drinking water from the ravine. The water must have been infected. 

I had difficulty understanding who was who in the SK battalion in 1997, especially the 2020 older congressman with one leg and the serving commander, because all the hired actors representing 1997 looked the same. So had to watch their scenes twice.

Sad about Leo. But the writers must explain how a NK scientist on the run from NK and who turned into a zombie/ infected undead hasn't contaminated anyone in TWENTY-THREE years except for dogs/ animals! But now, after all this time, the virus is in danger of spreading into population!

I liked that the dog handler ML had a past (break-up over rumored cheating) with the virus-doctor FL. Should make for nice tension.

They even have the cute kid from Tale of Nokdu! And a shady villain in the form of SMK (apart from the oldies from 1997).

It looks like the drama/thriller has a good spooky zombie-virus story but writers would avoid obviously dumb actions - such as the FL turning her back on the undead soldier in post-mortem exam room, and calling her ex-bf miles away. That was incredibly lame writing especially since she is an army doctor and should know better than to touch blood with her bare hands, and to run away from the room and call security!  

Good start, nonetheless. I need this to be good, because am missing a good solid horror show before Halloween! Hope this one fits the bill.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, noor1 said:

He is the captain who was drinking water from the ravine. The water must have been infected.

The moment I saw him drinking the water I thought that it is contaminated. But I thought he just panicked and shot the North Korean soldier and everything went crazy at the scene.

I know that the politician was the friend of Jo Min-Kook (Night Owl).

33 minutes ago, noor1 said:

the FL turning her back on the undead soldier in post-mortem exam room, and calling her ex-bf miles away.

I could not believe my eyes. She wanted to write a sms when there was a zombie soldier in the room who attacked her. :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Show Dedication To Their “Search” Roles And Explain Why Their Characters Broke Up

a4087d209d54461ba3a28833738811c1.jpeg?s=

Oct 22, 2020
by S. Cho

OCN has released a new making-of clip of the “Search” cast!

The video begins with Jang Dong Yoon’s search team on their way to catch wolves. One by one, they notice the camera and introduce themselves and their dog Leo. Fitting for his role as a military dog handler, Jang Dong Yoon carefully looks after Leo before they start rehearsals. f(x)’s Krystal shows off how much she’s adjusted to her role as lieutenant Son Ye Rim as she nonchalantly puts on all her military gear.

Later, Jang Dong Yoon is hiding behind a big curtain as he comments, “Wow, this really looks so cruel.” After, he walks out with a dart stuck in his leg as he pretends to limp.

Once the cast begin their night filming, Jang Dong Yoon remarks, “Since we’re wearing our masks, you probably won’t recognize me.” Krystal shouts from behind him, “Are you doing an interview?” He replies, “I don’t know” and she jokes back, “I don’t think they’ll know it’s you.”

Jang Dong Yoon explains that’s why he took off his mask, and Krystal comments, “How kind of you.” When asked if she has any comments to make, Krystal answers, “Not right now.” Jang Dong Yoon makes her laugh by explaining, “It’s actually lieutenant Son’s bedtime right now.” Due to the darkness and the masks covering the cast’s faces, Krystal exclaims, “I don’t think we’ll get any screen time in the making-of video,” making Jang Dong Yoon burst into laughter.

After repeatedly filming a scene with an explosion, the cast hilariously reassure one another by explaining how genuinely surprised they were. Krystal reveals that she screamed one time as Jang Dong Yoon comments, “I thought that was Leo.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433169wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-show-dedication-to-their-search-roles-and-explain-why-their-characters-broke-up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here I'm again bringing some wild theories abt SEARCH :rubchin:

Spoiler

I'm watching ep. 3 and there are some scenes that got me curious abt, 1st when Yerim was exposed to the Zombie's blood and then when she said that she's afraid of shots. 

Wild guess but could it be a reason  that her fear to shots has something to do with experiments that probably happened when she was a baby? And maybe she is kind of inmune to that virus? 

Ok I'll be back... I'll continue watching the episode :please:

By the way it was so cute and funny when Dongyin asked to Mac to sleep with him and she kinda ignore him lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:12 AM, jstgt1501 said:

Here I'm again bringing some wild theories abt SEARCH 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm watching ep. 3 and there are some scenes that got me curious abt, 1st when Yerim was exposed to the Zombie's blood and then when she said that she's afraid of shots. 

Wild guess but could it be a reason  that her fear to shots has something to do with experiments that probably happened when she was a baby? And maybe she is kind of inmune to that virus? 

Ok I'll be back... I'll continue watching the episode 

By the way it was so cute and funny when Dongyin asked to Mac to sleep with him and she kinda ignore him lol

Hmm...Its an interesting and possible theory...

It was fun when DJ asked if anyone wanted to sleep with him.

I hope he doesnt ask Yerim the same thing...

I think she will catapult him...:D

I like that he took her hand after that kiss...

dtYKK3k.jpg

https://functionlove.net/category/uncategorized/

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 4

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2020] Search, 써치