[Drama 2020] Search, 써치

larus

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon, Krystal, And Yoon Park Keep Up High Spirits Despite Difficulties On Set Of “Search”

dc47e554372247318530130d5414cf28.jpeg?s=

Oct 30, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s “Search” released an exciting new behind-the-scenes video!

The first video begins with Jang Dong Yoon and the rest of the cast getting ready for a special performance. Excitedly, the cast shows off their dance skills despite the small hiccups with the sound equipment.

On a different set, the cast maintains their bright energy despite working with heavy gear and equipment. Jang Dong Yoon explains how he slightly twisted his ankle while filming, and f(x)’s Krystal expresses her concern for him.

While Jang Dong Yoon is filming, Yoon Park comes forward to greet the camera. He shares his character’s military dog tag and comments, “I’m really blood type AB too. People with blood type AB tend to be either brilliant or dumb. I’m dumb.” He later adds that the set has been very hot these days while filming on a rigorous schedule.

In the scene where Jang Dong Yoon offers to draw a picture of their target, Jang Dong Yoon draws a hilarious picture of a grownup version of Pikachu. After filming, Krystal sits back down to rest, but every else leaves the table. Surprised, she asks, “Everyone’s leaving?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434766wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-krystal-and-yoon-park-keep-up-high-spirits-despite-difficulties-on-set-of-search

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And f(x)’s Krystal Discuss Similarities To Their “Search” Characters, First Impressions, And More

473d2d88e22c40abbca2b32b2e5dec67.jpeg?s=

Oct 29, 2020
by S. Cho

In an exclusive interview with Rakuten Viki, Jang Dong Yoon and f(x)’s Krystal spoke about their “Search” characters, their first impressions of each other, and more!

OCN’s “Search” is a drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon plays Yong Dong Jin, whom he explained as “a soldier who has almost completed his mandatory military service when he becomes tied up in a mysterious case and works to uncover the truth.”

Krystal also described her role as lieutenant Son Ye Rim, sharing, “Lieutenant Son is an elite officer. She’s the brain of the special search team and maintains the balance of the group.”

As for how similar the two are to their characters, Jang Dong Yoon commented, “I think with Yong Dong Jin, it’s about 80 percent.” Krystal cut in, “I think it’s more,” and Jang Dong Yoon joked back, “How do you know?”

Krystal revealed that her first impression of Jang Dong Yoon was “the boy next door,” and he responded, “Isn’t that a good thing?” They both added that they each thought the other was very friendly, and Jang Dong Yoon explained that in contrast to her aloof image, Krystal was very kind and open-minded.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434705wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-fxs-krystal-discuss-similarities-to-their-search-characters-first-impressions-and-more

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Encounter A Shocking Situation And Moon Jung Hee’s Past Is Revealed On “Search”

713aece515e9463fbe9c6ad1fcd24509.jpeg?s=

Oct 31, 2020
by C. Hong

Search” has shared a teaser for the twists and turns in their upcoming episode!

“Search” is a thriller drama from OCN about a special search party sent to investigate a mysterious death in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Jang Dong Yoon stars as Yong Dong Jin, a conscripted sergeant and military dog handler, who has just one month left in his service before he is recruited for the search party. Krystal co-stars as Son Ye Rim, an elite lieutenant who received her training in the United States.

Spoilers

The last episode of “Search” ended with the mysterious creature attacking the search party’s headquarters. Bleeding from his wounds, Private Seo (Seo Byuock Jun) manages to alert the others to the attack in time for Yong Dong Jin and Son Ye Rim to advance to the site.

krystal-jang-dong-yoon-search.jpg

In the new stills, Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal look shocked at what they discover at their headquarters. Although Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal are upset to discover the collapsed Seo Byuock Jun, they also remain tense and alert for signs of further danger.

The reason the attack was so unexpected was that the creature seemed to know the search party’s strategy in advance, taking advantage of the time they would be away from the base in order to attack it. The search party had been researching methods to kill the creature, and Krystal figured out that destruction of the brain would be the only viable method. Yoon Park had set up an ambush in the forest in order to do so, but the creature took them by surprise by attacking their base instead.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1434962wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-encounter-a-shocking-situation-and-moon-jung-hees-past-is-revealed-on-search

After watch ep 5, I'm in conclusion indeed there was 2 mutant/zombie.  First one with radiation (this one is the NK's runaway soldier) and the other one probably from accident 1997 since this one doesn't have any radiation.

In the preview from ep 6, we can see that those mutant sensitive with sound wave. Thus when DJ's radio acting up, the mutant are retreat/escape. 

But i wonder what was the relation with DJ?! The killed soldier was using DJ's gloves thus he got killed since the soldier that got attacked first, leave untouch only fainted and not even injured.

Oh seems like the mutant looking for the video. I wonder which one that looking for that.

“Search” And “Start-Up” Both Soar To All-Time Ratings Highs; “Delayed Justice” Sees Rise For 2nd Episode

Nov 1, 2020
by E. Cha
e6ce7418c3ea4c498bebd8dd9f0e0754.jpeg?s=

Both OCN’s “Search” and tvN’s “Start-Up” soared to new heights last night!

On October 31, both new dramas achieved their highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Search” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent, marking a new personal record for the mystery thriller.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435103wpp/search-and-start-up-both-soar-to-all-time-ratings-highs-delayed-justice-sees-rise-for-2nd-episode

Judging that the mutant is looking for the camrecorder, I assume he is still have a consious human side. I suspected that there are more than one mutant and now we have the confirmation. Probably the mutant with radioations is the Noth Korean soldier. And probably the second is, indeed,  Dong Jin`s father.

We found out that Han Dae-Sik was visiting Dong Jin`s mother and it looks like he is full of guilt. I thought it was one of the two but Lee Hyeok was Min Kook`s friend so i thought it was more likely him. hey definetly cover up what happeneds at DMZ in 1997 but it is interesting how one of them feels some guilt and the other is just an opoortunitic (Lee Hyuok just use that incident to gain sympathy from his voters.

Lee Joon-Sung is Lee Hyeok`s son. His father send him in a dangerous mission to get his hands to the camrecorder?

I wonder why they did not try to get the recorder until now. Speaking of that camrecorder. It is not realistic to let the camrecorder in the open for so many years and still working. If the recorder was in a cave,  under a bridge, protected from weather conditions,  I would be more willing to believe it. But maybe just recently got there. Whatever, I will ignore this fact. I am curious what Dong Jin will do after seing this video. He will report to his superiors or Lee Joon Sung will convince him to not do it.

Will Kim Dajung's special military training be of any help to the villagers and the soldiers.

I feel Song Mingyu is now very curious how a villager like her is ready to overpower a soldier carrying a gun!

So will the North Korean mutant come out into the open. Or will Yerim figure out that she got her radioactive sample near that derelict building!

What happens when they get the South Korean mutant!! Will the other one come out in to the open!

Why I wish today I watch this live coz my expectations going up with this drama!!

Spoiler

OMG! I found a live stream!!!

I just knew that Lee Joon Sung faked the injury to get the cam recorder. He was a good man and he was ashamed of that his father did but he chose to save his father. I was a hard decision ( I admit) but the moment he decided to hide the truth to cover for his father he brought a burden on his conscience. he will do other mistake. Dong Jin knows the truth. I hope he will not want Dong Jin to die to not say anything.

One mutant is killed. They will be surprised that it is another one (at least one).

We know what happened at DMZ in 1997. I suspected that Jo Min Kook was killed but now we have the proof. But if he was dead before he was infected, then he is not the mutant. But we`ll see.

I am glad that Dong Jin saw the video and heard the name of Lee Hyuk and captain Night Owl`s name. Now I am not sure that Jo Min Kook was his father (but I still think he is) but we know that Dong Jin did not know his name. But he connected the dots pretty well. he will find out everything.

Han Dae-Sik yelling at Song Min-Kyu that he did not recover the cam recorder was annoying.  He was not interested to get the mutant but to save his a**. It was Min Kyu`s fault to not tell him specific what other thing has to get from section 21.

The mission continues.

“Search” And “Homemade Love Story” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

Nov 2, 2020
by E. Cha
2646a54569a54b308eccf3889b388381.jpeg?s=

Both OCN’s “Search” and KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” are on the rise!

On November 1, both dramas soared to new all-time highs in viewership. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Search” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent and a peak of 4.4 percent, marking the new mystery thriller’s highest ratings to date.

“Search” performed particularly well with the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49, among whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent and a peak of 3.0 percent for the night. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435247wpp/search-and-homemade-love-story-both-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

9 hours ago, mizv said:

I noticed there are 3 men not 2 left alive in the video.  Who is the third guy???  The limping guy and the commander are 2.  

very good drama keeps my attention 200%. :thumbsup:

Maybe the third man is the one who took the baby and gave it to Yerim's gaurdian doctor! But I'm confused on this part too!

Also I was a bit confused with the last part after the credits.

Also Head of Defense Han DaeSik is lousy in his directives. He should have told Song Mingyu what exactly he is trying to recover or kill. Now he is blaming SM for siding with LeeHyuk.

I wonder if the mutant they caught is Captain Jo!!! That would be so entertaining as both LeeHyuk and Daesik will be running scared to cover it up again!!

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon, Krystal, And More Banter Playfully Behind The Scenes Of “Search”

753b475c561343f7a3df3564ebbfed05.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s “Search” released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The making-of video begins with the cast rehearsing and checking their movements with the director. Yoon Park has to recite a long line, but he accidentally stumbles on his words. Jang Dong Yoon playfully asks, “You didn’t purposefully cut it off, did you?”

Before filming, Moon Jung Hee thoughtfully checks in on f(x)’s Krystal to make sure she didn’t get hurt while filming an action scene. Later, Krystal also shares, “I’m 27 in international reckoning.” She adds, “I’m still young.”

When Moon Jung Hee begins filming, a rooster keeps crowing and interrupting her lines. Jang Dong Yoon comments, “This is so bad,” and Moon Jung Hee says, “I think it knows we’re shooting.”

Behind the scenes, Krystal and Jang Dong Yoon banter about Jang Dong Yoon’s singing. Jang Dong Yoon says, “Why are you laughing? That’s why I couldn’t sing that well that day. It’s because you were laughing.” Krystal replies, “It’s because it was different from what I expected.” Jang Dong Yoon asks, “Was it too light?” and Krystal agrees. She adds, “There wasn’t any sincerity.”

While filming action scenes, the cast members tease Krystal for acting so realistically tired. All of the cast members work passionately despite the difficult action scenes while maintaining bright energy between filming.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435585wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-krystal-and-more-banter-playfully-behind-the-scenes-of-search

Is the drama going to shift her focus on Kim Dajung and her daughter being kidnapped by the zombies/north koreans.

Does she know more about the 1997 incident. I sure hope she does know some keypoints of the event for YD to figure out who killed his father. I need to know if the show will go that way but that incident needs to be brought to light coz we need justice for Captain Jo and the others who were betrayed by that Lee Hyuk person!

Also maybe we will come to know of Yerim finding out what happened to her parents!

What else are they going to find in the forest of the DMZ . I wanna watch live today!!

On 11/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, angelbeast90 said:

Maybe the third man is the one who took the baby and gave it to Yerim's gaurdian doctor! But I'm confused on this part too!

I'm sorry to cut your post short. The one that carried the baby and gave it to the doctor was Han Dae Shik. He is the one that carried the cam corder previously and put it down when capt jo ask him to bring the baby over. 

The doctor was came later with the rescue team and he get passed the baby by young daeshik. 

He hand it to the orphanage but decided to report the baby was died coz of malnourished.

For Lee hyuk son's i wonder if he is the real son or just adopted. Coz i remember when he met daeshik, he asked about his son and how old he is, it can't be older than his which is daeshik replied that he have 2 doughters.

Lee hyuk is just married during the 1997 scene which is the time line not match with the son's age that it should be older than yerim at that time.

@Ima04  Thanks for the clarification.

Now I wonder if the camcorder memory card not break. At first I thought it would be the type of camcorder used with mini tape for film recording!! Well looks like the 1990's were the early stages of digital media!

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/history/story09.html

All I used in year 1997 as I remember was video recorder mini tape 8 mm! heheh

Tension Rises Between Jang Dong Yoon and Lee Hyun Wook As The Past Comes To Light In “Search”

5e63fbf29216437da8fa8a165a5c0305.jpeg?s=

Nov 7, 2020
by C. Hong

Tension is rising between old friends in the next episode of “Search”!

Ahead of the upcoming November 7 episode, OCN released stills of Jang Dong Yoon and Lee Hyun Wook’s characters at odds with each other. Jang Dong Yoon plays Sergeant Yong Dong Jin and Lee Hyun Wook plays Lieutenant Lee Jun Sung.

Spoilers

These two soldiers hold the key to the incident in 1997 that has not yet been revealed. The central character in last episode’s shocking ending was Lieutenant Lee Jun Sung. After the special task force had been dispatched to Cheongong-ri to shoot the target, Lieutenant Lee stayed behind in headquarters by pretending to be injured. He then destroyed Sergeant Yong’s camcorder that contained footage of the “Two-One Sector” military operation in 1997. It seemed as if he was willing to destroy evidence in order to hide the truth and protect his father, Lee Hyuk (Yoo Sung Joo).

This betrayal was made even more shocking by the loyalty that he and Sergeant Yong have shown each other. Until this moment, Lieutenant Lee was a warm leader who comforted and took care of Sergeant Yong when he lost two comrades-in-arms. For Sergeant Yong, who can be reckless and direct, Lieutenant Lee is one of the few soldiers he implicitly trusts.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436398wpp/tension-rises-between-jang-dong-yoon-and-lee-hyun-wook-as-the-past-comes-to-light-in-search

Let's me try to follow and summarise the whole team Search for  "non-human creature" :

1. The Host (NK soldier who was holding the box with the ionizing hazard label at the beginning EP) was infected directly from the radioactive substance ;

2. Then a wild dog with rabies bite the Host and got infected (created a "mutated virus" came from the combination of rabies and the radioactive substance) - bear in mind that the wild dog didn't have a bite mark as mentioned on the EP ;

3. The soldier who was holding the map in the forest, was shot by NK soldiers and got bitten by that infected wild dog and became "The Target" with red eyes, and he attacked First Class Kwon and Corporal Oh ;

4. Now, the "first target" with red eyes has gone but the "Host" with green eyes in the hoodie (probably the male lead's father?? We don't know yet) still remained and may be the strongest one in terms of his speed and swift action.

A dire calamity may cause much suffering/death in the next EP. We hope there will be less casualties on the upcoming EP.

I would think that the "Host" did not go around biting and infecting others, he probably knew that his physical appearance that caused by the radioactive substance would pose a threat to anyone and thus he had been hiding in the abandoned old building all these years. If the "Host" went round the forest hurting and infecting others, these "mutant non-human creatures" would surely increase or multiply and became noticeable long time ago after 1997 accident.

I enjoyed watching most of the OCN drama , this drama with the "mutation" elements storyline is really worth watching for the weekends. B)

Archived