[Thai Drama 2019] Until We Meet Again

nastyacolors00

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I guess for Buddhist people the though of reincarnation is a natural thing; and so Sing or Dean's grandma just embrace it as it is:

a believe we have lost in the Western culture, despite its presence in all the leading philosophical thinking. Nietzsche's "Eternal Return" has been forgotten by a large majority... and even all Christians believe in reincarnation (that is a life, after death... weather is in heavens or hell). 

I'm not religious person (at all). But of course i respect when people have their believes. In a way i even admire when a person can respond with words "I believe you because i know my grandson would never lie to me". So for me An's words sounds even more touching. It shows kindness and trust despite all this years they didn't see each other. (My guess that An saw Dean only when he was very-very little.)

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

What was that about with team? Has he been sneaking out into Win's room every time he has problems sleeping...?

People say that yes, Team often sleeps over at Win's room. And their relationship are quite close already.

But i'm trying not to get too deep with spoilers about UWMA (not always successfully but at least i didn't read translated part of the novel). Because I read everything i could while watching TharnType, but with UWMA i want to be more focus on the series.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I guess for Buddhist people the though of reincarnation is a natural thing; and so Sing or Dean's grandma just embrace it as it is:

a believe we have lost in the Western culture, despite its presence in all the leading philosophical thinking. Nietzsche's "Eternal Return" has been forgotten by a large majority... and even all Christians believe in reincarnation (that is a life, after death... weather is in heavens or hell). 

It is and it's sometime that we never have any doubts about. It's a fundamental part of being a Buddhist. Although memories are not usually carried over from your previous life to your next life, I'm sure it can happen. 

• Like 1

I'm almost up to date with the show, I'm only missing ep 10 but I have to say that I noticed a big increase in quality in ep 8 and 9. I was a bit "meh" because of the directing and editing that was killing the flow of the show for me and I confess that I'd zone out a bit sometimes and had to push through a bit to continue watching. I almost had to refrain myself from fast forward almost all Manow scenes or the repetitive and annoying scenes of the group of friends gushing about Pharm/Deam or the sponsorships. Show me the relationship itself and them interacting and not what the friends think about the relationship or their commentary lol This type of story doesn't work with a directing approach similar to Love By Chance.

However, I loved loved loved episodes 8 and 9 and I even cried. The actor that plays P'Dean really stepped up his game and my interest in Pharm/Dean's relationship (as they are in the present) finally increased. I was also very pleased with more beautiful Korn/In scenes that also made me tear up. Sometimes Earth's acting is a bit too much for me, specially in the romantic scenes but when he tones down it's beautiful. I'm also very interested in Dean's resentment against Korn and how he'll reconcile with it and how all this will affect the current relationship. I'm also curious about how they'll let go of the weight the painful past of their past lives has in their current lives and move on forward. If we just stick to the nitty/gritty of this show: Korn/In and how it translates to Pharm/Dean and how it goes from there, we have a very beautiful story. More exploring of the depth of these characters and story and less filler nonsense please, P'New lol

How many episodes are do we have in total? 12?

On a funnier note, I need to talk about this:

- Alex: yikes and creepy, dude needs to learn the meaning of the word "no" but it's hilarious when they play that loud dramatic music when he shows up trying to get with Pharm (didn't they even use the same music for dramatic scenes where Dean is about to discover things from the past?). I haven't read the novel and knew nothing about the story so from that  dramatic music I thought that Alex was a big villain that was going to do something nasty (and possibly highly predatory). But then he ends up stepping back, which was refreshing to me because this story is much more than "evil guy/girl tries to break up the mains" so it was refreshing not seeing them using this overused troupe.

- Some of those other LBC actor cameos were extremely forced. Like wtf was that with Plan's character? LMAO I was laughing the whole time because it made no sense at all. It was cute seeing Gun but it also add to the comedy of that scene. Also Perth is amazing because during his short cameo he outacted almost everyone. His was the only LBC actor cameo that didn't seem forced or out of place for me.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:33 AM, aniola said:

I think after that scene i fully saw their ability to be main characters in their own series

(since so many fans dream about it)

I know only one who is from Win-Team team:)) While watching that scene, I felt, "from WT fans POV, wont they be more frustrated than happy with these tidbits?" A call for opinion from @mellialuna :D

Agree, I am surely watching HempRope B) P'New is going to be very busy making all the things I like heh.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:33 AM, aniola said:

It actually a bit funny how Team is so nosy about Pharm but so secretive about his own personal life.

haha Thats the definition of nosy people :joy:

On 1/12/2020 at 8:04 AM, Mel_Rios said:

I guess for Buddhist people the though of reincarnation is a natural thing;

and even all Christians believe in reincarnation

I think most religions (Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism) of the world believe in rebirth. Its only some section/group of those religions that dont believe or changed notions later. Personally though, one life is enough :lol:

On 1/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, aniola said:

"I believe you because i know my grandson would never lie to me". So for me An's words sounds even more touching. It shows kindness and trust despite all this years they didn't see each other.

Wow. U said it beautifully. It didnt strike me while watching. Its unconditional love indeed.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:03 AM, Mel_Rios said:

She is the fujoshi of the Series... she has to know for sure.

There are words, that I think that I know the meaning just by the context it was used in. Fujoshi is one such word and now I googled to make sure.:) I dont think Manaow is a fujoshi though. For me, She seems like, just a supportive friend and a teasing and a nosy-with-Pharm's-permission one at that :D

This episode's thoughts:

The disclaimer at the start, scared me a bit and I was anxious throughout the episode that they are going to show the 1st ep 1st scene again. So.. Phew (I guess it was for the broadcasters censor which caught up to them very late). I am happy with the 10th episode. Much progress and better than the last episode (Without the friend's gang and especially no Manaow in the 9th episode - I lost my interest to post anything :lol:) I want to see more of Pharm and Dean's relationship - but also I want to see Win and Team too (Just one scene, it seems like the tiny bite of a starter lol, I dont think we are getting to SEE even the Main-Course here :lol:) and Of course Manaow, Del and Don too (After watching heart-rending convo between grandma and Dean, I find them as a bit of a relief to lighten the mood of the series). And the episode has got only 59 minutes to show them all (Okay I might be terrible for poking my gift horse here, but I am wishing for the title song of 1.49 minutes -yeah I counted those- and the 5sec title card in each part of the episode -which is 20seconds totally- to be cut-off, so that I get to see 2 more minutes of this series :lol:. With just 2 more episodes to go, its not me, partly the series has got to take the blame, for making me think this way :triumph:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I know only one who is from Win-Team team:)) Even while watching their scene, I was thinking, "from WT fans POV, wont they be more frustrated than happy with these tidbits?" A call for opinion from @mellialuna :D

I like the scene (because it's light and after all the crying scene I need it) but, because there is a but, and a big one, if I may!

I didn't like the hug, for me it's not even a hug, there are too far apart. I love real hug even between friends.

Team is asking for a presence and he got a forehead and a slacky hand! :wacko:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

I didn't like the hug, for me it's not even a hug, there are too far apart. I love real hug even between friends.

Team is asking for a presence and he got a forehead and a slacky hand! 

haha This is why, I wanted to read your opinion :D For me, I didnt expect we would even get a scene of WT, so I thought that scene was so sweet and cute. I was more of Aww over Team asking Win to come along with him to see the lights, leaving all the other friends (I am sure Manaow will feel betrayed (? or tease) if she knows lol) or even him thinking of Win as the 1st person for reaching for consolation - I want to know more of whats going on between them since this scene only left me puzzled of all the whys. So, now I went back to watch it again, I see what you see :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dramaandfood said:

I know only one who is from Win-Team team:))

I meant not here but in general. There are many WinTeam fans out there.

Personally though, one life is enough :lol:

If it's not possible to remember previous life it doesn't really matter how many lives you have. Every new one feels like first.:)

I dont think Manaow is a fujoshi though. For me, She seems like, just a supportive friend and a teasing and a nosy-with-Pharm's-permission one at that

She is fujoshi. She reads bl-novels, she likes shipping guys, she was dying of excitement when Alex approached Pharm first time.. Just supporting friend is not have such interest into gay-relationship (i mean in entertaining way).

I personally don't like to call myself fujoshi (because they're often presented as too crazy or over excited). But probably in a way I am.

The disclaimer at the start, scared me a bit

Same.:D

2 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Team is asking for a presence and he got a forehead and a slacky hand!

Agree, it's hard to call it as a real hug. But since they are going to sleep it makes sense to lie more or less comfortable so heads to each other will do.)

Okay I might be terrible for poking my gift horse here, but I am wishing for the title song

I got confused what song exactly you want.

Spoiler

So there is song from KornIn scene at the beginning. (sung by Sammy)

And there is title song from this ep. (sung by Boun)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, aniola said:

There are many WinTeam fans out there.

Yeah and lot of them made talk about them at the end of episode 9, and not in a positive way. They wrote bad messages to the author and Khun New because of disappointment of lack of WinTeam's screen scenes.

I want more of them too but the story is so great that I don't really care! It's a shame but i think it's most a problem of too many CP, one is gonna be left behind! The worse is Manaow and Puck, they had 2 scenes!

20 minutes ago, aniola said:

She is fujoshi. She reads bl-novels, she likes shipping guys, she was dying of excitement when Alex approached Pharm first time.. Just supporting friend is not have such interest into gay-relationship (i mean in entertaining way).

I personally don't like to call myself fujoshi (because they're often presented as too crazy or over excited). But probably in a way I am.

Yes, she is one!

And I get why you don't like to call yourself like that because Fujoshi is really a pejorative word, even without the representation we have of them (us). But I don't know other words!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, aniola said:

I meant not here but in general. There are many WinTeam fans out there.

Generally also, I know only one :lol: (since I am not following UWMA in other social platforms so I dont know) Its good to know that there are many WT fans

26 minutes ago, aniola said:

If it's not possible to remember previous life it doesn't really matter how many lives you have. Every new one feels like first.

Why this sentence gives me a deja vu feel, I hope its not from our previous life :D

27 minutes ago, aniola said:

She is fujoshi. She reads bl-novels,

She reads? I will take this chance to go watch UWMA again for the 3rd time lol.

30 minutes ago, aniola said:

This is the definition I got: Fujoshi (腐女子, lit. "spoiled girl") is a reclaimed Japanese term for female fans who enjoy any media works or fanworks with romantic relationships between men.

Personally it doesnt seem like a good word to use (based on its literal meaning). And why only BL fans are named? People are watching other non-bl dramas and movies, sports, variety shows (there is no name-calling of fans watching any of that).

39 minutes ago, aniola said:

I got confused what song exactly you want.

I think I confused you with my incoherent sentence. I meant that the opening song can be cut-off, so we get 1.49 more minutes of UWMA Scenes. But ending song is alright, since they have to credit their sponsors :D

24 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

But I don't know other words!

Sometimes words are not needed :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mellialuna said:

They wrote bad messages to the author and Khun New because of disappointment of lack of WinTeam's screen scenes.

*sigh*

but i think it's most a problem of too many CP, one is gonna be left behind! The worse is Manaow and Puck, they had 2 scenes!

I think the second time P'New makes the same mistake promoting series with four couple when in fact we have two.

Many fans was so happy that Sammy's character will finally have a love story. But what we have? They could've at least show us how Puck looks at Manaow from the distance for example, or them bumping into each other accidentally sometimes.. just few short cute or funny scenes to acknowledge their presence as "one more couple from the series".

But I don't know other words!

Me too.

Actually i used to call myself "a slasher" before. But it was from the times when i read fanfiction. I don't do it anymore. A don't even use slash mark / with character's names now.:D

24 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

female fans who enjoy any media works or fanworks with romantic relationships between men.

Personally it doesnt seem like a good word to use (based on its literal meaning).

I think description is right. But literal meaning... not nice way to call a fan.

27 minutes ago, dramaandfood said:

I meant that the opening song can be cut-off, so we get 1.49 more minutes of UWMA Scenes.

I re-read and get it.:lol: After few ep. i usually start to skip the opening. But i'm not sure if i want it to be cut off.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, aniola said:

Scene with Dean and his grandma was heartbreaking. It's probably such a roller coaster of emotions. At first you see your grandson for the first time for many years. And then he brings all this memories about tragic end of your young brother. That reaction when Dean said that his loved one is a man (and her asking never ever to hurt himself..).

(If to think rationally it must be so... let say.. unusual when your grandchild comes to you and starts to apologize on behave of your brother's dead lover. Or when your friend ask you to investigate about people he saw in his dreams.

I think there is so much in Dean's head right now, mix of his own and Korn's emotions, fear of losing Pharm (which makes him be more clingy to him). Unlike Pharm he didn't struggle with nightmares for his whole life, but now got so invested into InKorn + his own story and probably don't know how to deal with it. So Pharm words of not knowing something upsetting what don't change his relationship with Dean anyway kinda make sense. Self-care. It was really nice to see in previous and today's ep. how Pharm was worrying and trying to gently care about Dean.

Aye it was a good scene and I liked the way that the revalation was made. For a moment I thought that Dean was a bit too brutal because he wasn't really making sense. You needed all of the story to understand the implications. But the script got us there.

I like the idea that Dean's story is immediately considered possible. The faith allows it to be so. Or so I presume.

What did surprise me was that gran did not ask who 'Intouch' was - obviously the boyfriend or perhaps she hadn't put that together. 

I would need to go back in the story. Was it the meeting with Pharm that truly set Dean off ? I don't think so because he has always known he was seeking someone. I think their meeting has merely made things clearer. Although he has not talked about nightmares I suspect Dean has certainly been having the dreams. Perhaps because his must finish before Korn dies they do not end as violently as Pharm's. 

My only complaint : get on with it. Cut the cute lovey dovey scenes and spend more time on the story. It doesn't take five minutes to look at breakfast or open a bathroom door. :D

On 1/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, aniola said:

I think the second time P'New makes the same mistake promoting series with four couple when in fact we have two.

Honestly, though fans were frustrated with unfinished story and limited time for their favorite couple, the-4-couple-script worked well for the LBC team (popularity-wise). Even in UWMA, the noise created by the secondary couple's fans is really a positive flag for the Hemp Rope producers, just like it was for LBC S2 (TinCan). My only wish will be, they dont make us wait for a year lol.

Many fans was so happy that Sammy's character will finally have a love story. But what we have? They could've at least show us how Puck looks at Manaow from the distance for example, or them bumping into each other accidentally sometimes.

I want to see Manaow being couple too. But It should be all or none, I dont want just one scene though -_-

Actually i used to call myself "a slasher" before.

Cool :D. Sounds like calling a fellow gamer.

I re-read and get it.:lol: 

haha sorry lol. I usually put brackets to make my longer sentences, look short. At that time I thought, "I already used 1 bracket, and using another bracket-inside-the-said-bracket, will become a math-problem, so I will use hyphen instead." And thus it became an unusually longer and incoherent sentence :sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

My only complaint : get on with it. Cut the cute lovey dovey scenes and spend more time on the story. It doesn't take five minutes to look at breakfast or open a bathroom door.

My suggestion for UWMA will be: the playback speed. Sometimes they are just staring/walking-to-next-door, at those times, I feel the series seems slow moving. Increasing the speed a little like 10%, will do the trick. And they can fit in more scenes too.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, dustinmyeye said:

What did surprise me was that gran did not ask who 'Intouch' was - obviously the boyfriend or perhaps she hadn't put that together. 

I think An got it right away, she probably asked about Pharm later. They both mentioned that there is so much they have to talk about.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, dustinmyeye said:

Although he has not talked about nightmares I suspect Dean has certainly been having the dreams.

Yes, we saw in the first ep. that he has been having dreams too, but his were more happy ones.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, dramaandfood said:

Sometimes they are just staring/walking-to-next-door, at those times, I feel the series seems slow moving.

In today's ep. it felt like forever when In&Korn were entering their home.

• Like 1

I like the parallel. In&Korn who can't openly kiss each other in public and Pharm&Deam kissing in the middle of whatever-place-it-is.

18f0456bc261bc95f307c4a7f9540fa73fd49cbb

e498c08a2c7cbdecfeabc1e2c31e38ed68c6395f

Oh, i wish WinTeam would stick with Lays commercial.:D

I like that because of WinTeam scenes we are able to see different vulnerable side of Team. This look..

8f49debe2e36214afb4acb971a81b1c5175ffe92 fe887eabc00b173d3edbd6c65bf9ffa828f1cc4a

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aniola said:

I like the parallel. In&Korn who can't openly kiss each other in public and Pharm&Deam kissing in the middle of whatever-place-it-is.

I didnt catch up on that. Nice find :D

9 hours ago, aniola said:

Oh, i wish WinTeam would stick with Lays commercial.

Now that you say, it strikes me that except one scene of WinTeam, all the others had commercial :lol: #LaysCouple

This episode's thoughts:

1. All kisses were so sweet in this episode :wub: For Pharm-Dean, this episode made it clear for me that (though not much is shown to viewers), they are having a healthy relationship off-the-scene. I think Pharm uses his cuteness on Dean, by being surprised whenever Dean kisses him. I kinda wish he stops doing that though. I liked the pro-active Pharm in that car-kiss. Its time to bring him back for the last episode.

2. I am a bit worried about what will they show as last scene for Korn-In. Happy ending was not in the chart for them from the start, but I wish they send them off on a happier note at least.

3. For WinTeam, in this episode's epilogue, I wished they were talking something romantic lol. Not complaining though, at least we have got 2 scenes of them.

Every-time my favorite series approaches the end, there is this tingle I feel. Whether to watch the last episode, now or later lol. But most importantly for me, Perth has another cameo coming up for the 12th episode. So I have no choice :D

• Like 1

I love Until We Meet Again.  This series has me wishing even more for Saturdays to get here.  Thanks for creating this thread.  I am wondering if there is going to be a season 2 since next week is episode 12 and the sorry seems very far from finished.  Does anyone know if there are plans for a season 2.  My Saturday will not be the same after next week with the 12th and final episode airs.

• Like 1

We are so used to have 12 episodes that we all think that next week it's the finale.

But LBC was 14 episodes and not 12

Khun New made a post this week to announce the finale on Cinema the 1st of March, even if I don't expect 17 episodes, I hope they won't wait one month before the finale!

:crossedfingers:

• Like 2

Yeah, i almost sure already that we'll have more than 12 episodes. I only wish they would say it officially. Some fans said that Fluke confirmed in his ig live that there will be no less than 16 ep. Same guesses goes from fans who familiar with the novel because we're not that far to the end of the plot now, but there are still some important things to happen.

• Like 2