[Thai Drama 2019] Until We Meet Again

nastyacolors00

73afa4bee6aec7541d295392106f6ca3e900a576

Feels so sad that Korn and In actually had many supportive people around them (In's mom, sister, friends, Korn's brothers). But two most powerful ones ruined everything. I would even say one - Korn's father. Because probably worst thing that In's father could do is to say "you're not a son to me anymore". (Yes, it would be hard for In too but i believe they could have deal with it.) But Korn's father was capable really do some damage to In...

On 2/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, aniola said:

Feels so sad that Korn and In actually had many supportive people around them (In's mom, sister, friends, Korn's brothers). But two most powerful ones ruined everything. I would even say one - Korn's father. Because probably worst thing that In's father could do is to say "you're not a son to me any more". (Yes, it would be hard for In too but i believe they could have deal with it.) But Korn's father was capable really do some damage to In...

After staying away from the episodes for a few weeks I have caught up again. I have learned something : it had never occurred to me that the bridge over the River Kwai was in Thailand which set me off looking at history. Thailand 'supported' Japan is perhaps the best way I would put it (considering that I live in a country where if you suggested that the government of France 'supported' Hitler you would be shouted at, despite elements of the argument being true.) Moving swiftly on...

I was a bit confused as to why in some of the flashbacks we have seen a dual funeral, the two coffins side by side. Why would the fathers allow that ? Especially, as you say, Korn's. You would have thought that he would have gone to great pains to hush the entire episode up.

There has always been something melancholy about Dean's memories. When you see Korn you can feel the impending doom weighing heavily on his shoulders. He senses that it is all going to end very badly - unless they can get away.

If this is only going to be sixteen episodes (I am sure I spotted that somewhere on here) then this weekend is going to be very rushed. There seems to be a lot of inter family explanation that needs to be uncovered. I they really going to do the whole Pharm's family over a video link ?

If this is the final episode I will be disappointed that we spent so much time with Win/Team and far too long in some scenes where nothing happens apart from meaningful glances. I've got nothing against cute scenes if they are integral and are not holding up, shall I say, really important stuff. If on the other hand we have had entire chapters of opening a door or having a bath, only to rush through the entire family history in ten minutes  because an extra five were spent eating Lay crisps, I'll be annoyed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellialuna said:
5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

If this is only going to be sixteen episodes

I've read somewhere it would be 18 (the TT of Alonew, but I'm not 100% sure)

The final is next week, on 1 March (on Sunday instead of Saturday). So it's 17 or we will have double ep.

5 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

I was a bit confused as to why in some of the flashbacks we have seen a dual funeral, the two coffins side by side. Why would the fathers allow that ? Especially, as you say, Korn's. You would have thought that he would have gone to great pains to hush the entire episode up.

Probably there is difference between ruining your son's life and to lost him completely to death. I think both fathers loved their sons but their own way. They thought they know better. Korn's father was a criminal so his methods could've been more cruel. I don't know if he really was going to hurt In but he hardly wanted for his son to die.

But as we saw in flashbacks there was only family members on the funeral. Also seems like the episode was indeed silenced up since both Dean and Sin (who didn't even know that he had to look into his own family) had hard time to find any information about Korn and In and their story.

• Insightful 1

I have that sad-ish mood, exactly like it should be after such episode. I like the last scene, emotions from In/Pharm. Not sure if Dean aware that the gun cannot be loaded. (At least i hope that Korn's father was sensible enough to not keep loaded gun in this memory box on a book shelf.)

I like the scene with cutting the red thread from teaser. Looks symbolic: cut off the past to live present at its fullest.

Also i really want for Dean to meet Korn's father.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:45 PM, aniola said:

I have that sad-ish mood, exactly like it should be after such episode. I like the last scene, emotions from In/Pharm. Not sure if Dean aware that the gun cannot be loaded. (At least i hope that Korn's father was sensible enough to not keep loaded gun in this memory box on a book shelf.)

I like the scene with cutting the red thread from teaser. Looks symbolic: cut off the past to live present at its fullest.

Also i really want for Dean to meet Korn's father.

I watched the episode last night with intention of finishing off the series. Forgot that the last part is tonight so was a bit of a confused bunny until rereading the reminders here. 

Once again I found myself frustrated with the pace. There are too many longueurs where we are looking at people looking at people. It took Pharm forever just to walk down the stairs. I get the idea that the situation is supposed to be tense, but we know already what is going to happen, so it is only tense for the character. Some of the scenes could have been cut by a few seconds here and there. 

I doubt it is loaded, probably hasn't even been oiled and cleaned since last used all those years ago. 

Need to watch again but I am pretty certain Pharm hasn't checked to see if it is loaded or indeed charged the barrel. All go for tonight then. I hope we are not going to have intrusive cute/funny scenes from the others until the drama has been sorted. 

I was re-watching second part of the episode few times only because of Fluke. I like emotional scenes and i think he was amazing in delivering what was happening with Pharm/In in that moment.

I think Pharm's mom and brother showing up was a bit out the place. Also i had mixed feeling listening Krit's words. He probably was just explaining how KornIn deaths affected their families, but for me it looked like he want them to feel guilty for this. I might be cruel but i think Korn as Dean didn't have to apologize to his father, only to In (the most) and Krit, + to An to whom he already said sorry.

But it was right thing to forgive.

DeanPharm "reconciliation" was really touching.:rolleyes:

Scenes with Manaow, Team and Pharm were great, it was nice to see them together again. (I really hope Sammy was ok after playing such epic falling.:lol:) Finally it's Pharm time to tease Team about his relationship. Scene with Manaow and Pruek was cute, i guess it was quite in character to enthusiastically jump in Pruek's arms.:D

Have just watched the final episode. More than happy. I admit to getting worried half way through the fourth act. Happily there was a fifth. For a moment I was wondering : is this going to be one of those up in the air endings ? 

The wrap ups for the other characters were not too silly, funny but without ruining the dramatic atmosphere that proceeded it. When Sammy rushed in and tripped I flinched. It certainly looked like it hurt. 

The background piano music was getting on my nerves a bit during all the serious stuff. Minor quibble. A series to watch again.