Jump to content

[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Someday or One Day 想見你


0ly40
 Share

Recommended Posts

Someday or One Day ended up taking 4 out of 6 awards it was nominated for including best actress for Alice Ke and Best Drama: 

 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/someday-or-one-day-sweeps-4-awards-at.html

 

Vi36tr3.jpg

 

At the after party interviews there was a lot of questions about Alice meeting her ex on stage and Greg jumped in to save her. It was very sweet : 

 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/pictures-translation-some-day-or-one.html

 

hThpCBe.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JenL Awww, thank you for posting all the lovely pictures and updates! It's been a busy weekend and I haven't had the chance to fully look through all the pictures. I woke up early on Saturday just to catch the award ceremony live and I was sooooo happy that I did. It was such a longgg award show, but it was all worth it in the end when the four awards were announced :blush:! However, I was a little sad that they missed out on the Best Director award which I thought they had a better chance in but it's okay. Like you said, the competition was tough and I think everyone who was nominated were all deserving of an award. We can't ask for everything haha! I really liked the speech the producer gave when the drama won the "Best Innovation / Creative Programme & Production Award". I loved how she encouraged all the CYRs, WQSs & MJJs out there to not lose faith and accept and love themselves the way they are. I think it really ties back to one of the important messages of the drama, which was really nice. Alice's bittersweet speech also made me a little teary as I think anyone can relate to what a wild year 2020 has been. I can also understand why it had such a tone of sadness to it since she and many other Taiwanese artists are still grieving over the sudden passing of their close friend, Alien Huang, who was such a charming artist/character. Hearing him in the last bit of the commemoration section of the award ceremony was so heartbreaking :cry:. Anyways, I'm so happy I was able to follow this drama from the start to the finish and I'm glad people (including the judges) also loved the drama as well :blush:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, S.C. said:

I was a little sad that they missed out on the Best Director award which I thought they had a better chance in but it's okay. Like you said, the competition was tough and I think everyone who was nominated were all deserving of an award. We can't ask for everything haha!

 

@S.C. Aww, Thanks for looking at the content and sharing in Someday or One Day chats even though this thread is pretty quiet here in Soompi! And sorry for the late response - I meant to write earlier but it was a busy week for me too. Yep, I agree. I do think it was a  sad they missed out on Best Director because watching all the Behind the Scenes episodes, he really knew what he was doing. I felt like he guided the team so well! And he was supportive of Alice, Greg and Patrick. But I have also watched Yong Jiu Grocery Store (Whose Direct won in that category) and I can honestly say that the series, and the Director, deserved that award because it was also a beautiful series and would have been difficult to direct because of the several time lines in it too (I recommend that drama if you haven't seen it and liked SOOD).

 

On 9/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, S.C. said:

 I really liked the speech the producer gave when the drama won the "Best Innovation / Creative Programme & Production Award". I loved how she encouraged all the CYRs, WQSs & MJJs out there to not lose faith and accept and love themselves the way they are. I think it really ties back to one of the important messages of the drama, which was really nice. 

 

I agree! That was the most beautiful speech.  I think she was really kind to say such encouraging words. And you're right, it really emphasises the meaning of the series - that everyone is important and shines in their own way.

 

On 9/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, S.C. said:

 Alice's bittersweet speech also made me a little teary as I think anyone can relate to what a wild year 2020 has been. I can also understand why it had such a tone of sadness to it since she and many other Taiwanese artists are still grieving over the sudden passing of their close friend, Alien Huang, who was such a charming artist/character. Hearing him in the last bit of the commemoration section of the award ceremony was so heartbreaking :cry:. Anyways, I'm so happy I was able to follow this drama from the start to the finish and I'm glad people (including the judges) also loved the drama as well :blush:

 

Have you seen Alice's vlog of her 24 hours at the awards? I'll add the video below as well as a translation I did for it, but she actually cried after the awards out of being emotional! But yeah, it's been a sad year for everyone and Alien's death was shocking because it was so sudden and tragic for a reasonably young, healthy person. But Alice has still been sharing pictures of the awards this week so I'm guessing she still had a good time. And like you, I'm super proud of SOOD and glad the judges felt the same way that we did about the drama! 

 

Translations for Alice's Vlog: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/alice-ke-posts-additional-behind-scenes.html

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was missing travel this week in quarantine and discovered that fans have actually been visiting all the filming locations of Some Day or One Day in Taiwan (SOODs team released the filming locations on social media).

 

So I've found all the English romanised addresses and wrote a Some Day or One Day Filming Locations Travel guide for Tainan: 

 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/filming-locations-for-someday-or-one.html

 

32 Record Store

zuklNMx.jpg

 

The shaved ice sold at Mo Jun Jie's Grandma's shave ice store

 

hCZQ8wg.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 5:14 AM, JenL said:

Was missing travel this week in quarantine and discovered that fans have actually been visiting all the filming locations of Some Day or One Day in Taiwan (SOODs team released the filming locations on social media).

 

So I've found all the English romanised addresses and wrote a Some Day or One Day Filming Locations Travel guide for Tainan: 

 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/filming-locations-for-someday-or-one.html

 

 

I love your blog!  You put so much work into it, and the details are so interesting to read.  Thanks for making that information accessible to people who can't read Chinese :)

 

I am definitely bookmarking this for the next time I head to Taiwan!!  hopefully next summer!  It would be great to have an excuse to escape Taipei for a few days and head down to Tainan. 
 

And congrats to all the SDOD cast and crew for their amazing showing at the award ceremony, but even without all the awards, for an insightful, thought-provoking, challenging, sweet, dramatic, and well-done show.  2020 is more special for it!!

 

Also, I agree with @JenL that Yong-Jiu was an amazing show.  Would be hard to decide between the two.  I did feel that the SDOD story was really hard to choreograph and tell consistently.  But Yong-Jiu...did feel more consistent in tone.  And very indie/Sundance-y, so maybe more along lines of what would appeal to award-givers?  But I think SDOD is much more creative, and such a hard story to tell and direct well.  I just wish it could have done without some of the overly dramatic evil guy moments.  I feel that the evilness could have come through even better, even more creepy without the exaggerations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

I love your blog!  You put so much work into it, and the details are so interesting to read.  Thanks for making that information accessible to people who can't read Chinese :)

 

I am definitely bookmarking this for the next time I head to Taiwan!!  hopefully next summer!  It would be great to have an excuse to escape Taipei for a few days and head down to Tainan. 
 

And congrats to all the SDOD cast and crew for their amazing showing at the award ceremony, but even without all the awards, for an insightful, thought-provoking, challenging, sweet, dramatic, and well-done show.  2020 is more special for it!!

 

Also, I agree with @JenL that Yong-Jiu was an amazing show.  Would be hard to decide between the two.  I did feel that the SDOD story was really hard to choreograph and tell consistently.  But Yong-Jiu...did feel more consistent in tone.  And very indie/Sundance-y, so maybe more along lines of what would appeal to award-givers?  But I think SDOD is much more creative, and such a hard story to tell and direct well.  I just wish it could have done without some of the overly dramatic evil guy moments.  I feel that the evilness could have come through even better, even more creepy without the exaggerations.

 

Thank you! Haha, I think I just really like collecting drama pictures and information but it seems pointless just to save it into folders, so blogging (and putting it on forums) is a way to collect and share. I'm so glad you (and hopefully others) enjoy it!!

 

Woo! I really hope we can travel someday or one day soon (haha pun intended!) - I miss it so much. But putting together these future travel lists for Someday or One Day has really helped! I've put together a second list here too because there were so many interesting places they filmed at: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/filming-locations-for-someday-or-one_12.html

 

I think SOOD definitely deserved it's 4 awards, but Yong Jiu also deserved it's awards too. It would be hard to pick between the 2!  And it's the shame that the Directors were put against each other in the same year because I do feel they were both done very well. I think Yong Jiu was more slice of life and had a sort of bittersweet realism to it especially with the grandfather's story. I think the Director for Yong Jiu probably won for being able to bring the sense of tender, small-village warmth on screen, while having to interweave the stories of several characters and timelines. But that's not to say the Director of SOODs didn't deserve it for his amazing ability to direct such a complex story either. Without him, I don't think Alice, Greg or Patrick would have had as much support.

 

SOODs is nominated for Korean awards by the way! Nominated for the Busan International Film Festival Asia Content Awards: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/someday-or-one-day-crashing-landing-on.html

 

6rgscLW.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2019] Someday or One Day 想見你
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I rewatched some scenes of Someday or One Day and felt like making a journal spread about the drama. People do them all the time for K-Dramas, so I thought I'd do one for my favourite TW-drama. It's a music video rather than voice, but I have a caption chat about my favourite things about the drama :) If you watch, let me know what you loved about the drama too!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna start watching this... i miss taiwanese dramas, used to be good but not so much since many left to go to work in china.... I'm looking again because of Evan Lin of Crush drama..  apparently his accent is good enough not to be dubbed.. ha:D

 

I read that this drama won awards.. so it must be good!:D hopefully its happy ending :ph34r:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, realistic2280a said:

Gonna start watching this... i miss taiwanese dramas, used to be good but not so much since many left to go to work in china.... I'm looking again because of Evan Lin of Crush drama..  apparently his accent is good enough not to be dubbed.. ha:D

 

I read that this drama won awards.. so it must be good!:D hopefully its happy ending :ph34r:

 

This drama is really really good...you won't regret watching it. I've been watching Taiwanese dramas since Hana Kimi  and Someday or One Day is my favourite of them all by far! 

  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 12:01 AM, JenL said:

 

This drama is really really good...you won't regret watching it. I've been watching Taiwanese dramas since Hana Kimi  and Someday or One Day is my favourite of them all by far! 

 

I started watching Taiwanese before Koreans and now more of China's drama than before... :D 

 

Most of Joe Chen's drama, famous and favourites like Fated to Love You and Autumn Concerto :lol: after that there wasnt much to see then i got addicted to Koreans even the Japanese dramas couldnt hold my interest... i did wonder what happened to Taiwanese dramas, until this drama became famous recently. Will make time to watch it soon! Easier to watch as its short episodes! Thanks!

  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 1:54 AM, realistic2280a said:

 

I started watching Taiwanese before Koreans and now more of China's drama than before... :D 

 

Most of Joe Chen's drama, famous and favourites like Fated to Love You and Autumn Concerto :lol: after that there wasnt much to see then i got addicted to Koreans even the Japanese dramas couldnt hold my interest... i did wonder what happened to Taiwanese dramas, until this drama became famous recently. Will make time to watch it soon! Easier to watch as its short episodes! Thanks!

 

Haha Taiwanese dramas were one of the original dramas! But yeah, I shift between Korean dramas and Taiwanese dramas as they don't always hold my interest. Taiwanese dramas have improved a lot over the years - I've really enjoyed Yong Jiu Grocery Store and The Victim's Game if you're looking for other good short TW series too :)

 

Someday or One Day just does everything amazingly though - music, cinematography, acting, chemistry. They studio is going to have a new drama out soon as well - Rainless Love in a Godless Land

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JenL said:

 

Haha Taiwanese dramas were one of the original dramas! But yeah, I shift between Korean dramas and Taiwanese dramas as they don't always hold my interest. Taiwanese dramas have improved a lot over the years - I've really enjoyed Yong Jiu Grocery Store and The Victim's Game if you're looking for other good short TW series too :)

 

Someday or One Day just does everything amazingly though - music, cinematography, acting, chemistry. They studio is going to have a new drama out soon as well - Rainless Love in a Godless Land

 

Thanks for the recommendations! Ive tried to see Jasper Liu's drama before but somehow i couldnt finish it as welll... yet the one - clean with passion, i did  - crazy

 

At least im glad to read that there is no ban on Taiwanese actors acting in china drama... so hoepfully more recognition will be there for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..