[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Someday or One Day 想見你

0ly40

I watched this show for Alice Ke and the scriptwriters tbh (i really liked Marry Me or Not), but this show is severely underrated internationally... tight plot, fast pace, relatable characters, amazing actors... easily one of the best I've seen in years. Really hope they get as much attention internationally as they did in TW and Mainland China. Will b rooting for them at the golden bell's.

• Like 3

It's on top of douban trends, so I was kinda shocked to see such little discussion:huh: how come it isn't popular internationally?

Now I watched 11 episodes and feel very satisfied that I discovered it. Reminds me about Steins;Gate anime and couple of 明星大侦探 episodes:D

Actors are incredibly cool. You can distinguish between characters even when they are not in the supposed position and are pretending...it's more then high class acting.

I am especially impressed by Chen Yunru and the oldest version of Li Ziwei. Such interesting personalities and their portrayals.

A bit dissapointed that a kiss from douban page was just a clickbait...but well. Bromance between Ziwei and Junjie compensates for it :D 

Very sorry for the elder Xie brother... 

Also, really liked that those sweet sweet memories about ideal Quansheng wasn't complete. In Yuxuan's memories he seemed unrealistic, so I couldn't feel empathy towards him. But then the story revealed itself...

How to just go to bed today and not binge the last two episodes?..

sorry for the pinyin transcriptions, not really sure how the Taiwanese one should work.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this series sometime last week and this series totally lived up the hype.  I've to say that I don't hate any of the characters and the the development of every characters, the layers that get peeled off with each episodes made it very heart-wrenching.  Especially for the trios, my heart break for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this drama, so much layers, like an onion! However there’s a few things I don’t like: the wig on HYX :expressionless: that long hair wig made her look 30s! She did not look University age at all whenever she has that long hair wig on, maybe it’s the makeup, but man, she looks old. The acting - I’m on the fence. While it’s not cringe bad, it’s not super good? The male lead is ok acting, the female lead is ok, too. She shines however on the last episode as CYR when she was revealing how deeply sad she is. That’s there an award winning performance, but the rest of the drama is pretty feel like every other Taiwanese drama lol.

i do like how this drama touches on teen suicide, a tiny bit of LGBT, and very intricate soul time traveling (because it’s very different than normal time travelling lol) that could do people head in. And with 13ep, it’s a good watch!

• Lynne changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2019] Someday or One Day - 想見你

I actually finished this drama last night (very late to the boat) and like most people here, I like it a lot. It actually has topped my list of favourite Taiwanese dramas and I'm very surprised at the lack of discussion on Soompi! I thought the story line was amazing - The time travel genre is not for everyone, but this one was particularly good as it's a mix of several genres: romance, school-life, body-swap, nostalgia, mystery- you have to pay attention as the story can get complex at times with the different time planes, but it's easy enough to follow along when you watch consistently

Although it's a fantasy (which some people take more lightly), the team behind this drama put together pulled together a nostalgic, mature, thoughtful and original story. Tightly-woven script (it's only 13 episodes), plot holes covered, amazing retro soundtrack, beautiful backgrounds, good costumes, good chemistry between the leads, examines issues (like depression) and is highly nostalgic and poignant.

Alice Ko is a pretty seasoned actress and I'm amazed that even though she's from the Rainie Yang gen, she could still play a pretty convincing high school and uni student.  I think someone here didn't like one of her wigs, but I didn't think it made her look old  - the hairstyle was for a different era, so it'd be weird if it was modern?! I thought she was pretty with the 90's long hair! Greg Hsu was also super charismatic and charming. Both actors had to play several identities and pulled it off quite seamlessly. 

It also had amazing marketing, so not sure why this never reached the international market - I watched it on Viki and admittedly I wasn't drawn in from the picture (shallow as that sounds). But they had all this amazing media below and that simple poster was what viki used?? It does have high rating though, which is what convinced me to give it a go. I have so many more thoughts about this so will link blog posts on this later :)

0Hg2EaJ.jpg

1PMjWJN.jpg

Spoiler

zAO26NA.jpg

I missed this when it was airing live probably as I was on a drama break when it was on air, which I'm sad about. I started watching because I've been following one of the actors (Simon Lien) who made a cameo in this drama. He's only in the music video below, but it made be highly curious:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So many feels for this drama that I wrote all the things I liked, pondered, learnt from this drama in an opinion piece here. I watched it all recently when it aired earlier so didn't really have anyone to discuss with. If you're in the same boat, it may be fun to read and discuss, dissect right here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/series-opinion-piece-someday-or-one-day.html

Gp6pV3u.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it's been months since the drama wrapped up, there was a Some Day or One Day Writer's Symposium yesterday and Alice and Greg were both there to meet a tiny number of fans and a bunch of reporters.

More Pictures , videos and translations here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/some-day-of-one-day-writers-symposium.html

3tHw9CQ.jpg

8w8mBfg.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, JenL said:

Some Day or One Day nominated for 6 categories at Golden Bell Awards next month including Best Drama, Best Actor & Best Actress: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/some-day-or-one-day-nominated-for-6.html

I'm so glad the drama made it into the nomination round! I was so nervous when the nominations were going to be announced because I wasn't sure if the drama met whatever criteria the judges had in mind. However, I was soooo happy and relieved when I found out they made it! The award ceremony will be next Saturday and so far it seems like a tough competition:sweat:. Hopefully, the team can go home with something *prays* :hooray:!!

On 9/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, JenL said:

Started the Behind the Scenes Translations for Episode 1 of Some Day or One Day. Unsure how many of these I'll do, but keen to do some more this month in honour of the drama being up for the Golden Bell Awards :)

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/someday-or-one-day-episode-1-behind.html

Awww, thanks for translating the BTS. I always love watching how the scenes are shot and everyone's interaction with each other. I think Alice, Greg and Patrick are so funny together. From all the clips I've watched of them, they're always teasing and bickering with each other which shows how close and comfortable they are with each other. Their chemistry and friendship definitely shines through on-screen or off! I can't wait to see everyone reunite again for the award show!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, S.C. said:

I'm so glad the drama made it into the nomination round! I was so nervous when the nominations were going to be announced because I wasn't sure if the drama met whatever criteria the judges had in mind. However, I was soooo happy and relieved when I found out they made it! The award ceremony will be next Saturday and so far it seems like a tough competition:sweat:. Hopefully, the team can go home with something *prays* !!

Awww, thanks for translating the BTS. I always love watching how the scenes are shot and everyone's interaction with each other. I think Alice, Greg and Patrick are so funny together. From all the clips I've watched of them, they're always teasing and bickering with each other which shows how close and comfortable they are with each other. Their chemistry and friendship definitely shines through on-screen or off! I can't wait to see everyone reunite again for the award show!

Me too!! I just loved this drama and I thought the script writing was excellent. It's one of the best Taiwanese drama I've seen in years (probably the best out of everything) and it helps to see we've come a long way from just super romancey idol dramas to dramas with substance. Yep, it's going to be super tough competition - I've only just finished The Victim's Game (it's hardest competitor) and I have to admit, that one was good too. I'm hoping they win at least one award - I feel like Alice has more of a shot than Greg, who is up against Joseph Chang (who is a very brilliant and seasoned actor.) I think maybe the Script writing or Directing might hopefully go their way - I worry a little because romances traditionally (around the world) are often not taken as seriously as other genres, even if they sometimes have deeper meanings.

Haha I plan to translate more - I will at least translate Episode 8 behind the scenes which is my favourite one. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, JenL said:

Me too!! I just loved this drama and I thought the script writing was excellent. It's one of the best Taiwanese drama I've seen in years (probably the best out of everything) and it helps to see we've come a long way from just super romancey idol dramas to dramas with substance. Yep, it's going to be super tough competition - I've only just finished The Victim's Game (it's hardest competitor) and I have to admit, that one was good too. I'm hoping they win at least one award - I feel like Alice has more of a shot than Greg, who is up against Joseph Chang (who is a very brilliant and seasoned actor.) I think maybe the Script writing or Directing might hopefully go their way - I worry a little because romances traditionally (around the world) are often not taken as seriously as other genres, even if they sometimes have deeper meanings.

Haha I plan to translate more - I will at least translate Episode 8 behind the scenes which is my favourite one. Thanks for reading!

Yeah, I thought the script was very well written too! I'm usually not a fan of time travelling dramas, but I gave this one a try because of Alice and the production team and boy was I pleasantly surprised! It's definitely one of my favourites and one of the best Taiwanese drama in recent years. I'm really glad to see that Taiwanese dramas is slowly changing and diversifying :thumbsup:

Yeah, I also think they might have a chance for the Best Director and Scriptwriter awards *fingers-crossed*, but I'm not sure about Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Drama awards. I hope with all my heart that Alice can win another Best Actress for her performance in Someday or One Day, but I think the chances are pretty slim since Cheryl and Tien Hsin are tough competitors and I don't know anyone (except for Ariel Lin) who has won Best Actress twice. Like you said, idol dramas are usually not regarded in the same way as other genres, so it might not appeal to the judges :cry:. In terms of Best Drama, I really can't say much since I haven't watched any of the other dramas this year, but I have heard about The Victim's Game being really good so I am not surprised by the number of nominations they got. I also kind of expected it since it's a big production drama and Joseph is a very versatile actor. But, yes, competition is definitely tough and I'm soooo nervous.

Anyways, I think Alice announced that she'll be doing a Live on her Facebook page tomorrow before or during the award show so hopefully we can see some funny and cute interaction no matter what the results are! Sadly, I think it'll probably be the last time we'll see the cast and crew together (in the near future at least), so I hope we can get a lot of nice videos and pictures to remember! 

Yay!! Thanks for translating the BTS for the second episode :smile:! I can read/watch it while we wait :smile:

• Like 1

Greg Hsu and Alice Ke brush up real nicely for the red carpet of the Golden Bell Awards. They're still yet to announce best drama, so tune it now on Youtube for the Live stream. Otherwise I have compiled all Someday or One Day Golden Bell content here: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/09/some-day-or-one-days-alice-ke-and-greg.html

muD7IvC.jpg

Q9kW5AQ.jpg

b2OHvW6.jpg

• Like 1