[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

@shaym - thanks! I was mostly referring to a ~potential twist that RJ actually likes *DO*.. "I ask nothing but to stay by your side." & also just, being an actor (good at hiding his true feelings?) with a hidden secret.. well that'd be a pretty big one :phew: but either way, still bad to split them up so cruelly- then again, maybe ~AhRin was the one who did it! & RJ can still be semi-guilty by association if he had an idea of what she did.. :tears:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, shaym said:

Hi @sadthe1st! That's most likely a reason, too. The one he's gazing with so much thought in his mind seems to be different from Noh Ae Jung's character - and it's like in China/Chinese-related, too. Maybe that's why he was speaking in Chinese in some scenes (where he was talking to a beaten member of a gang/group). He was looking for someone so maybe that someone is connected to him and NAJ or to him and his son. There's also this solo picture of Ji Hyo's character looking so fierce that I've seen somewhere, so like what you have mentioned, AJ looking very similar with his ex-wife can be a possible plot. Haha.

Regarding with the film they did way back in their Hankuk University Days, you have a good point - it's true that Ryu Jin's name was already that one before he became a famous actor. But maybe he was already an aspiring one way back. Haha! I don't know for sure, but hopefully we get to see his interaction with NAJ in present time, too. He's the only one not being able to talk to her after such a long time. Haha. 

I do agree with @mel22 (hi there, by the way :)) that their (PD-AJ) scenes together are full of chemistry, too. I wish their scenes were also longer. And even Oh Dae O and Yeon Woo's scenes with her, too! Maybe Song Ji Hyo majored in Chemistry quadruple times that's why her chemistry with the four male leads is just so overflowing! All of them are so equally appealing! I don't know how to call this syndrome. Is it PentaLove/STFL (Second-Third-Fourth-Lead) Syndrome? Haha! I'm still not certain who's the very lead yet. Haha!

I wish the next two episodes will be available sooner than soon! **counting the days**

Hello @SimbiAni

That's such an interesting theory! Ryu Jin could actually have done that because of the bitterness he felt when he found out that the almost love he had with Ae Jung was given to Dae Oh instead. It could be possible that he was so in love with her, so at the time that AJ had asked him for them to kiss due to a dare, he was already contemplating to confess, but DO ruined the mood for them and took the chance to confess first. Making AJ's heart and feelings swaying to DO as time goes by. Maybe RJ, conveying something to AJ and DO separately, something in between led those lovers to break up which pained all of them. Obviously, AJ and DO have no closure yet since both of them are unaware of what exactly happened since the second episode showed us two different sides of their break-up.

omg! so this is my first time posting here. I reeeeallly love mystic pop up bar, and kinda expect something from this drama as MPUB's replacement. ((English isnt my first language so im sorry!))

Tbh, at first I didnt really like the editing style or how the stories develop on the first episode. But, as I came to second episode, I really like it!

And I do have the same theory, that Ryujin may involved in Daeoh and Aejong breakup, so thats why he looked anxious when Daeoh confronting Aejong in his book concert. I think Ryujin felt guilty, and at first he didnt know about Aejong's pregnancy. But after he knew that he felt miserable and stay by DO side.

But hey, Ryujin plot twist is an exciting one too!

5 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

@shaym - thanks! I was mostly referring to a ~potential twist that RJ actually likes *DO*.. "I ask nothing but to stay by your side." & also just, being an actor (good at hiding his true feelings?) with a hidden secret.. well that'd be a pretty big one :phew: but either way, still bad to split them up so cruelly- then again, maybe ~AhRin was the one who did it! & RJ can still be semi-guilty by association if he had an idea of what she did.. :tears:

@SimbiAni That's such a shocking theory, but yeah, it could be possible, too. Nowadays one of the few/a lot of handsome men wants another handsome man, too. Haha. No judging though, but yeah, that's also plausible. 

Or maybe, when AJ and DO had a misunderstanding/broken up, RJ was somehow a confidant/rebound. And with AJ being emotional at that time, maybe drunk too so she became weak and gave in trying to forget emotions and everything. And then when DO learned about this sometime later, he drunk so much that he met the runaway CEO of Thumb Film and was tricked to sign the said contract. But maybe this thought is just so out of context, haha. It's just that I'm pretty sure there will come a time that RJ and DO's relationship will also be tested because of what they feel towards AJ and each other. Haha. 

5 minutes ago, xchoco lilac said:

omg! so this is my first time posting here. I reeeeallly love mystic pop up bar, and kinda expect something from this drama as MPUB's replacement. ((English isnt my first language so im sorry!))

Tbh, at first I didnt really like the editing style or how the stories develop on the first episode. But, as I came to second episode, I really like it!

And I do have the same theory, that Ryujin may involved in Daeoh and Aejong breakup, so thats why he looked anxious when Daeoh confronting Aejong in his book concert. I think Ryujin felt guilty, and at first he didnt know about Aejong's pregnancy. But after he knew that he felt miserable and stay by DO side.

But hey, Ryujin plot twist is an exciting one too!

Hello there @xchoco lilac! I think most of us think that Ryu Jin might have been involved with the doom of Ae Jung and Dae O's relationship. I'm waiting for the time that they'll show us more about what happened between RJ and AJ in the past. I think the first episode was to introduce her backstory with Oh Yeon Woo and then the second episode was about Oh Dae O. Maybe next week's episodes will show us more of RJ and Goo Pa Do's interactions with her in the past.

Also, Dasom's character, Joo A Rin, isn't out yet, so maybe she has something to do with the break up too like what @SimbiAni mentioned in her post earlier. 

Like you, I really like the second episode, too! I also like the soundtracks played there. Haha!    

13 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Glad that the post is lively again after the first two episode!

Hope everyone enjoy watching and comeback with amazing theories and thoughts next week

Fighting!

Hello there @Samuel Yohanes! That's what I hope, too! And I also hope that we can hear/read your theory soon, too! Haha! 

Fighting!~ :) 

Oh this drama is getting interesting. I love how quick witted HN is and I see how she'll begin her quest to find who is her dad. 

I see that ODO is still loving AJ. And probably there's some misunderstanding between them in the past. AJ thought he left first but he thought she was the one who abandoned her. Interesting. How could these two are the opposite into each other story. So we need them to have a seat, face to face, and have a proper talk. But I think it's what the drama is going to stall. Haha. But it's kind of fun to me. Once ODO meets HN at school later. Things might be much clearer. I bet he'll end up teaching to her school as AJ's mom suggested. 

What the lady bar said is right. All the problem comes together is probably they all will be gone at once. AJ is spending all her bad luck for now. She was conned by her ceo with lots of debts, she got threatened, no money jobless to be and about to lose all her hope. But how fate comes pretty beautiful in making such a sudden twist. That something is not over until it's really over. Like the crystal glass that can't be used for drinking whisky but it turned to have another meaningful life by being a flower pot. AJ's second chapter of her life will have such a twist here. Wow. I love the moral messages in this drama and I love how these characters deal with their current matters which stems from their unressolved probelems in the past.

P.S. the ending ost is just so mesmerizing. Dunno what it means but it sounds cheerful. I wonder has it been released or not. 

Further speculation..

Even worse (but maybe slightly better for RJ? ) if AR ~knew about his feelings & ~blackmailed him into staying quiet (mid-2000s being a much more volatile time for certain secrets), &/or helping her with Operation: Breakup Notes.. then after both AJ & DO disappeared, AR just moved on to focusing on her career instead.. & what if that's how AR got famous, because she used RJ's connections to get her better options etc in the acting industry? :o arrghh now I'm so curious! 

@corey - I didn't see his reaction as "nothing", he was beyond ecstatic & ~giddy as a puppy.. his description pretty much summarizes him up: pure sunshine LOL so it's no wonder he'd have a good attitude about seeing both of them again :D plus I'm fairly sure I did catch a few wistful looks.. he's hoping he's really gonna get a second chance, awww.. I just hope that his storyline does him justice! :wub:

1 hour ago, corey said:

about who will end up with AJ - of course it will be the Ha nee's father. OYW most probably.

i have a weird feeling that AJ will not choose to go back to any of them in the end... but she will let Ha Nee acknowledge with her dad...

of cos, it's still too early for any speculations since the kdrama plots always twist and turn every other episodes for us audience hahaha :fun:

13 hours ago, corey said:

Guys, I feel like I am not getting something. I thought that we have been clearly told that Oh Yeaon Woo is Ha Nee's father??? Or not?? Why else should AJ wrote the dad's name in the dairy? Or maybe I did miss something?

Anyway, it is also clear to me that OYW has no idea that he has a daughter - his reaction are not that of a dad who was pushed away, but a long lost friend. Or maybe this diary was a hoax to conceal the true identity of Ha Nee's father? So far, neither of the three old acquaintances showed any anxiousness which should be there if there had been even a remotel possiblity that they were the father. So maybe there will be someone else?

Also - I take back what I said earllier about who will end up with AJ - of course it will be the Ha nee's father. OYW most probably.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Hey so.. I think it's a cliche drama scene, to make some assumption and theory. But really, we all know how OYW is mad in love with AJ. I have the same theory as @SimbiAni, it doesnt mean anything. I think somehow OYW made that to AJ bcs he's a highschooler—a pure one, and think that he can take the responsibility as a dad (obv no for OYW). 

#WasItLove #MBTI by @JTBCDrama 
~ transcribed & translated by {me} ~ 
(please credit if using anywhere else) 

SOURCE LINKS: 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2045180242282631&id=728383530628982

https://instagram.com/p/CCAzLYZn1Q-/

Noh AeJung - 
adc854558d66990d35ff3f54f54f7a4231a97eb9

TEXT: 
[ENFP: 재기발랄한 활동가] 
"꽂히는 일 꼭 해야만 하는!" 
"매우 긍정적이고 낙천적인 인싸" 
"이러니 애정에게 안 반할 수 있나!" 
◇◇◇: 
ENFP: cheerful activist 
"Determined to make things work!" 
"Stays very positive & optimistic." 
"Who wouldn't fall for AeJung!" 

Oh DaeOh -

Spoiler

bad266b6c877ad37d6ac06c82041ff5999228347

TEXT: 
[INTP: 논리적 인 사색가] 
"천재적인 예술가! 이 와중에 수려한 외모." 
"중간이란 게 없는, 일명 노-재수남!" 
"펜과 종이만 있으면 뭐든지 할 수 있숴..☆" 
◇◇◇: 
INTP: logical thinker 
"Genius artist! & gorgeous too.." (LOL) 
"There is no middle, aka No-Jaesunam!" 
(^ possible alt?: "Unfortunately empty!") 
"Can do anything with a pen & paper..☆" 

RyuJin -

Spoiler

f901af88518c313fdb24fb57d1727d3b605478f9

TEXT: 
[ESFP: 자유로운 영혼의 연예인] 
"그의 사전엔 어색함이란 단어는 없다!" 
"최강 외향형! 천상 연예인!" 
"MBTI부터 슈퍼스타 기질이☆" 
◇◇◇: 
ESFP: free-spirited celebrity 
"In his dictionary, the word 'awkward' doesn't exist!" 
"Very outgoing! Pure personality!" 
"MBTI says: top-quality superstar☆" 

Oh YeonWoo -

Spoiler

5421bd0661411f59c3a363c80ecbb360d195569d

TEXT: 
[ISFJ: 용감한 수호자] 
"헌신적인, 끈기 있는, 점잖은, 책임감 있는." 
"그에게 없는 건 노애정 뿐?" 
"빼박 교사할 MBTI일세" 
◇◇◇: 
ISFJ: brave guardian 
"Dedicated, persistent, decent, responsible." 
"Will he get the one thing he's missing: No AeJung?" 
"MBTI says: first-generation teacher" 

Goo PaDo -

Spoiler

1ed272741cae3462f97d418e6921f456463ec69f

TEXT: 
[ENTJ: 대담한 통솔자] 
"깐깐 완벽주의에 철저한 야망가!" 
"애정 표에도 매우 야망!!있는 직긴남." 
"이래서 파도파도(매력있는) 구파도인가~" 
◇◇◇: 
ENTJ: bold leader 
"Strict ambition for perfectionism!" 
"Will lay all his cards on the table for AeJung." 
"Even his name is as {charming} as ocean waves~" 

Joo AhRin -

Spoiler

449adebceeb1d47de65aedda25053164aa9e9900

TEXT: 
[ESTJ: 엄격 한 관리자] 
"모든 건 확실히 해야만 하는." 
"승부욕 만렙! 능력캐." 
"역시 아시아의 엔젤이 된 이유가 있었어." 
◇◇◇: 
ESTJ: strict manager 
"Must be sure of every action." 
"Competitive in any situation." 
"Yet there's a reason why she's Asia's Angel!" 

(wow that was a lot of work LOL) 

Just watched both episodes tonight in Netflix!  I am happy to see Song Ji Hyo & enjoyed the unfolding story so far.

Wow so many interesting theories! I just wanted to say hi as I just spent time catching up when I should be sleeping 4am now here. Oops.

Song Ji Hyo looks great! Love get smile!  I write more later but have a great day !

I think it's strange, that AJ isn't scared, that Oh DaeOh will find out, that she has a daughter. And she is comfortable with Oh YeonWoo. I think she should be uncomfortable with the father of her daughter. especially if he didn't know, that he has a daughter. 

@airgelaal Hi Friend! Nice to see you here! 

@SimbiAni omg Thanks for the Myers Briggs on All the main characters. Very interesting noting Kdramas doing that lately.

I love Song Ji Hyo and I have good feelings about this drama .  I love that she adds the comedy and seriousness well. 

Someone pointed out the scene of the broken cup, omg that scene was touching and poignant. The actress as the mom is amazing . Love her! From being supportive and being there to even going to Parent teacher meetings she didn’t want her precious daughter to deal with gossip and unfair looks as she is a single mom.

Not 100% sure who the dad is but I am leaning towards her ex boyfriend . What crazy that they broke up but not being able to talk? She disappeared and then in her memory he wasn’t around? I only recall that scene she snuck in to see RJ for the final project she was the producer but she was heavily pregnant and snuck out without anyone noticing her.

Yuck on her former boss to lie to her to shoulder the debt. The loan shark is intimidating and later when he threatened knowing all her info that is scary. I couldn’t blame her thinking he was after her after she ignored his call for a report. I wouldn’t have guessed his so was the social outcast. Glad AJ didn’t let it slip. Loved she said his son is her daughter’s friend. Later when they sat together it was cute. Glad she stood up for him but sad the daughter felt wronged by her mom. She is very upset because she loves her mom so much. When she told mom Santa was a joke at such a young age, she had to grow up fast . Kids are harsh. 

Def don’t think OYW is the dad. Def feel he helped AJ while pregnant and his crush on her still exists or reawakened . Cute how he noticed AJ right away. To think her daughter along with everyone else is smitten. He is tall, handsome and kind. Please he saved the daughter and says she IS a new student so she doesn’t have a name tag. He knows his students to even remember her name wow, nice home room teacher.

@Alice Wonderland I agree with what you said about the friend who had the bar, she ya awesome. She is loyal misunderstanding the debt amount she was getting money ready to give to AJ. Until AJ made her realize it was a crazy bigger amount than she realized! What loyalty & so to bust out the good stuff too! Wow! 

I loved the background story : AJ kiss dare when she wanted to choose the person asking RJ and then then getting ticked at ODO dirtying her shoes. To get a love confession from him not wanting her to kiss his pal RJ. It was awkward and I was chuckling her keeping the line - I am sunbae. He was like we are same age, but I am junior and you had to retake the test a few times. Lol. Bickering then and bickering now. 

ODO def was scarred and was affected by AJ. I mean to meet her to see her reaction now he is a big international recognized writer. Finding out he lost the will to live after she left/ dumped him. ( why she not tell him ?) We heard RJ and ODO talking how he was broke as one reasons she left him. Doesn’t sound she is that shallow as she dated him.  

The cornering of AJ to answer the question at the book concert was petty and childish . But glad she made it known to him not only the guy lost our but the gal did too. Her assistant and loyal colleague, glad she pointed out that the story AJ liked didn’t realized it was autobiographical by ODO.

The internet search scene where ODO was wondering if AJ was the one he thought by sleuthing around lol. 

She has made big impacts to be memorable that is for sure. This for now as I am going to rest now. Looking forward to next week’s episodes!! 

57 minutes ago, Nodame said:

It was awkward and I was chuckling her keeping the line - I am sunbae. He was like we are same age, but I am junior and you had to retake the test a few times. Lol. Bickering then and bickering now. 

Lol. It does. And I like how she statured and deman his respect as she is his sunbae. And he replied that what he'll going to do next is the right 'disrespectful' while comes closet to her face. Aww.. he tried to win her and stop her from confessing to RJ. A bit selfish in his part but that was part of love fight. To get your love you need to fight for it. 

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

We heard RJ and ODO talking how he was broke as one reasons she left him. Doesn’t sound she is that shallow as she dated him.  

There must be something he missed. We see how desperate she was looking for him but ODO didn't know this fact yet. So from AJs story, there was a moment which I thought it's when she knew that she's pregnant and might want to talk about this to him but he wasn't there. Then we get the scene where ODO returned with his resignation letter, looking all messy and unhealthy caused by break-up depression. So there must be something in between which we'll find out along the way. I believe she's not that materialistic type. She dared herself to keep her baby and raise her without telling anything about it to the father. She must have that reason and I bet as how much ODO tried to get his revenge he'll end up with guilt if he knows the reason of all this. 

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

The internet search scene where ODO was wondering if AJ was the one he thought by sleuthing around lol

I like this scene. It shows how he can get over her even he claims he wants revenge. There's just a slight thin line between hate and love. And ODO's hatred is more like he is clinging to her. Lols. 

Yes, I am excitesly looking forward for next episodes.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:07 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh this drama is getting interesting. I love how quick witted HN is and I see how she'll begin her quest to find who is her dad. 

I see that ODO is still loving AJ. And probably there's some misunderstanding between them in the past. AJ thought he left first but he thought she was the one who abandoned her. Interesting. How could these two are the opposite into each other story. So we need them to have a seat, face to face, and have a proper talk. But I think it's what the drama is going to stall. Haha. But it's kind of fun to me. Once ODO meets HN at school later. Things might be much clearer. I bet he'll end up teaching to her school as AJ's mom suggested. 

What the lady bar said is right. All the problem comes together is probably they all will be gone at once. AJ is spending all her bad luck for now. She was conned by her ceo with lots of debts, she got threatened, no money jobless to be and about to lose all her hope. But how fate comes pretty beautiful in making such a sudden twist. That something is not over until it's really over. Like the crystal glass that can't be used for drinking whisky but it turned to have another meaningful life by being a flower pot. AJ's second chapter of her life will have such a twist here. Wow. I love the moral messages in this drama and I love how these characters deal with their current matters which stems from their unressolved probelems in the past.

P.S. the ending ost is just so mesmerizing. Dunno what it means but it sounds cheerful. I wonder has it been released or not. 

Hello there @Alice Wonderland! It's my first time seeing the child actress, Um Chae Young, in a show so I'm quite impressed on how she plays the role of AJ's daughter, No Ha Nee. She seems to be very mature compared to the other young ones being shown in the show which is obviously because of the situation that she has been experiencing ever since she was born - not having a dad. Perhaps she was sultry about it when she was way younger but when she saw how AJ has been trying to attend her needs, she finally embraced it. Although of course, there's no doubt that she has always been curious and wondering who her father is and why her mom is not giving her any details about him. It's getting interesting now that she's on a hunt to discover who he is with the help of Pa Do's son. Who knows they might discover themselves as siblings/cousins/young lovers. Haha.

I like her friend, Kim Young Ah, too. She seems to be very wise and experienced in life. Haha. I'm a big fan of quotations, so whenever I hear her say something like that in the scene, it makes me happy. Haha. Speaking of which, I've thought of a clover: the four-leaf one. The leaves remind me of the four male leads and Ae Jung is the finder. Their lives are and will definitely be intertwined but as the saying goes, those who find a four-leaf clover is destined for good luck, as each leaf in the clover symbolizes good omens for faith, hope, love, and luck for the finder. 

The OSTs are so nice to hear. Actually I thought the singer from one of those songs was the singer of the OST from "My Secret Hotel", but I was wrong. They sounded so similar, so I searched it right away. LOL

On 7/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, SimbiAni said:

Further speculation..

Even worse (but maybe slightly better for RJ? ) if AR ~knew about his feelings & ~blackmailed him into staying quiet (mid-2000s being a much more volatile time for certain secrets), &/or helping her with Operation: Breakup Notes.. then after both AJ & DO disappeared, AR just moved on to focusing on her career instead.. & what if that's how AR got famous, because she used RJ's connections to get her better options etc in the acting industry? :o arrghh now I'm so curious! 

We really should be watching the next episodes now. Our curiosity might kill us pretty soon. Haha. Maybe A Rin will be appearing anytime soon next week, so I can't wait to see and learn how she's connected with the leads. All I know about her is that she's so into Oh Dae O. Hopefully her character isn't the desperate and annoying one because most second female leads are like that. Haha.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:01 AM, corey said:

Guys, I feel like I am not getting something. I thought that we have been clearly told that Oh Yeaon Woo is Ha Nee's father??? Or not?? Why else should AJ wrote the dad's name in the dairy? Or maybe I did miss something?

Anyway, it is also clear to me that OYW has no idea that he has a daughter - his reaction are not that of a dad who was pushed away, but a long lost friend. Or maybe this diary was a hoax to conceal the true identity of Ha Nee's father? So far, neither of the three old acquaintances showed any anxiousness which should be there if there had been even a remotel possiblity that they were the father. So maybe there will be someone else?

Also - I take back what I said earllier about who will end up with AJ - of course it will be the Ha nee's father. OYW most probably.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Oh no, don't worry. You didn't miss anything. We're just digging more and speculating that there might be another twist in the scene presented to us on the second episode where Oh Yeon Woo's name was on her diary/journal. Haha. In my case, I was thinking that it's way to early to tell us that it's really the Homeroom Teacher, OYW, who impregnated No Ae Jung. So we tried to share what we think or speculate about their situations and relations towards one another. The writer will probably be bringing more twists as the story goes by without having the teacher being the real father or that's exactly the point of the writer - makes us all confuse and speculate that there's more to it when in fact it really is OYW whom Ha Nee has been looking for - her father. After all, her relationship with him at school is also good.

As you have mentioned, OYW didn't seem to be bothered/surprised/angered if he was pushed away by AJ in the past. So, for me, as of the moment I'm typing this, he's just merely a close friend/younger-brother-like-friend to AJ. But this thought can actually be changed once we've been shown the next episodes of the drama. Haha. And if in case, none of them is the father, I wondered who'd do a cameo role as HN's dad. Haha. There goes the 5th man, if ever. Haha.

I'm fine no matter who ends up with AJ and whoever ends up as HN's father. Even if both of those ones are just the same person or two different persons. Haha!

I agree it feels like, AJ seems to have turned YW down because she most likely didn't feel the same. (I can feel my heart breaking for him already) So the real question is.. will she accept back into her life the love that was ~stolen from her that she's been missing all these years? (~DO) Because it's obvious that there was a huge misunderstanding that unfairly separated them, & so this series is likely just their journey "back to each other".. (but I'm always up for a ~OT3 ship; YW/AJ/DO ftw! lol YW really just radiates adorable "loving caretaker" vibes, so I'm gonna need him to be *loved* in return) <3 

Archived