[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

0ly40

22 hours ago, Nodame said:

Just watched both episodes tonight in Netflix!  I am happy to see Song Ji Hyo & enjoyed the unfolding story so far.

Wow so many interesting theories! I just wanted to say hi as I just spent time catching up when I should be sleeping 4am now here. Oops.

Song Ji Hyo looks great! Love get smile!  I write more later but have a great day !

3 hours ago, Nodame said:

@airgelaal Hi Friend! Nice to see you here! 

@SimbiAni omg Thanks for the Myers Briggs on All the main characters. Very interesting noting Kdramas doing that .

I love Song Ji Hyo and I have good feelings about this drama .  I love that she adds the comedy and seriousness well. 

Someone pointed out the scene of the broken cup, omg that scene was touching and poignant. The actress as the mom is amazing . Love her! From being supportive and being there to even going to Parent teacher meetings she didn’t want her precious daughter to deal with gossip and unfair looks as she ya a single mom.

Not 100% sure who the dad is but I am leaning towards her ex boyfriend . What crazy that they broke up but not being able to talk? She disappeared and then in her memory he wasn’t around? I only recall that scene she snuck in to see RJ for the final project she was the producer but she was heavily pregnant and snuck out without anyone noticing her.

Yuck on her former boss to lie to her to shoulder the debt. The loan shark is intimidating and later when he threatened knowing all her info that is scary. I couldn’t blame her thinking he was after her after she ignored his call for a report. I wouldn’t have guessed his so was the social outcast. Glad AJ didn’t let it slip. Loved she said he her daughters friend. Later when they sat together it was cute. Glad she stood up for him but sad the daughter felt wronged by her mom. She is very upset because she loves her mom so much. When she told mom Santa was a joke at such a young age, she had to grow up fast . Kids are harsh. 

Def don’t think OYW is the dad. Def feel he helped AJ while pregnant and his crush on her still exists or reawakened . Cute how he noticed AJ right away. To think her daughter along with everyone else is smitten. He is tall, handsome and kind. Please he saved the daughter and says she IS a new student so she doesn’t have a name tag. He knows his students to even remember her name wow, nice home room teacher.

@Alice Wonderland I agree with what you said about the friend who had the bar, she ya awesome. She is loyal misunderstanding the debt amount she was getting money ready to give to AJ. Until AJ made her realize it was a crazy bigger amount than she realized! What loyalty & so to bust out the good stuff too! Wow! 

I loved the background story : AJ kiss dare when she wanted to choose the person asking RJ and then then getting ticked at ODO dirtying her shoes. To get a love confession from him not wanting her to kiss his pal RJ. It was awkward and I was chuckling her keeping the line - I am sunbae. He was like we are same age, but I am junior and you had to retake the test a few times. Lol. Bickering then and bickering now. 

ODO def was scarred and was affected by AJ. I mean to meet her to see her reaction now he is a big international recognized writer. Finding out he lost the will to live after she left/ dumped him. ( why she not tell him ?) We heard RJ and ODO talking how he was broke as one reasons she left him. Doesn’t sound she is that shallow as she dated him.  

The cornering of AJ to answer the question at the book concert was petty and childish . But glad she made it known to him not only the guy lost our but the gal did too. Her assistant and loyal colleague, glad she pointed out that the story AJ liked didn’t realized it was autobiographical by ODO.

The internet search scene where ODO was wondering if AJ was the one he thought by sleuthing around lol. 

She has made big impacts to be memorable that is for sure. This for now as I am going to rest now. Looking forward to next week’s episodes!! 

Hi @Nodame! Like you, I also love Song Ji Hyo. I'm probably be watching her live on the show (Running Man) later after posting this one. I have yet to confirm the time though. Haha. 

I like how you pointed out the scene where she watched the show whilst she was pregnant. I wonder if Oh Dae O and Ryu Jin have seen her in that state or she was trying to hide from them. Also wondering when exactly did Goo Pa Do has seen SJH's character (whichever may it be) for the first time. Oh Yeon Woo is such a charming guy; it was so nice seeing his little background story with AJ. This drama is so interesting so I really can't wait to have the real story be untold. Haha. 

I'm really happy that Song Ji Hyo took the character role of No Ae Jung. It gives out such a different vibe and energy. Haha!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a lot of dramas on my list right now but I'm giving this one a try because, hey, Son Ho Joon.  Really like all the male leads in this one.  Maybe it's the role but I feel like the lead actress is pushing a little too hard here and I wish she would connect with her character a bit more comfortably.  It's early days, though, and I'd like to see where this story ends up.

2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

There must be something he missed. We see how desperate she was looking for him but ODO didn't know this fact yet. So from AJs story, there was a moment which I thought it's when she knew that she's pregnant and might want to talk about this to him but he wasn't there. Then we get the scene where ODO returned with his resignation letter, looking all messy and unhealthy caused by break-up depression. So there must be something in between which we'll find out along the way. I believe she's not that materialistic type. She dared herself to keep her baby and raise her without telling anything about it to the father. She must have that reason and I bet as how much ODO tried to get his revenge he'll end up with guilt if he knows the reason of all this. 

Can it be the reason behind No Ae Jung didn't really pursue talking to or finding Oh Dae O was because she was also blocked by some people that will bring fortune/great success/fame to ODO? It may sound cliche, but usually one of the main lead tends to do that just so s/he can't hinder his/her lover's future. If that's the case, this can also be one reason why ODO is the father of No Ha Nee. Or maybe they had to break up at first because AJ wanted to think about their relationship more so she can contemplate whether to tell to DO about her pregnancy or not. And by the time she was ready, she went to talk to ODO and found out that he's no longer in that place. But in DO's POV, since she took so much time, he probably thought that it had really something to do with his personal background. And that time when she went for him to reveal something, that was when he started drinking so bad after maybe trying to apply for jobs in so many different places and just keep getting rejected until that con CEO of AJ in the future discovered him and his talent.

After all, I think his pseudonym, Cheon Eok Man, means "Think About It" in English. 

Haha. There are just so many reasons and points to consider who's really who in this drama. But I ain't complaining. It's actually fun and exciting to watch and think about. Haha!

Hi @shaym I missed your post. So here's my late reply :D

I think it's also my first time seeing the child actress here. Or she probably in other shows that I didn't notice here before. And yes so far I like her portrayal as HN. She does have good chemistry with her on-screen mom Song Ji Hyo. Cried with tjem when she yelled frustratedly that mom didn't even think of her and kneeling to those people like a sinner.

6 hours ago, shaym said:

It's getting interesting now that she's on a hunt to discover who he is with the help of Pa Do's son. Who knows they might discover themselves as siblings/cousins/young lovers.

He'll be best friend. Poor that boy being another bully victim. He seems distant from his dad. He even called his uncle complain why did he come instead of him. It's interesting to see how things unfold more in this.

6 hours ago, shaym said:

Their lives are and will definitely be intertwined but as the saying goes, those who find a four-leaf clover is destined for good luck, as each leaf in the clover symbolizes good omens for faith, hope, love, and luck for the finder. 

Interesting. I also ever heard the four-leaf clover symbolized to some positive elements. AJ's life is facing such a turmoil right now but those actually will bring her to some surprises that will change her life which I believe it'll much better. 

6 hours ago, shaym said:

The OSTs are so nice to hear. Actually I thought the singer from one of those songs was the singer of the OST from "My Secret Hotel", but I was wrong. They sounded so similar, so I searched it right away. 

So have you found it? I haven't searched it tho. If it has been released then we can find it soon on the net. 

5 hours ago, shaym said:

Oh no, don't worry. You didn't miss anything. We're just digging more and speculating that there might be another twist in the scene presented to us on the second episode where Oh Yeon Woo's name was on her diary/journal. Haha. In my case, I was thinking that it's way to early to tell us that it's really the Homeroom Teacher, OYW, who impregnated No Ae Jung. So we tried to share what we think or speculate about their situations and relations towards one another. The writer will probably be bringing more twists as the story goes by without having the teacher being the real father or that's exactly the point of the writer - makes us all confuse and speculate that there's more to it when in fact it really is OYW whom Ha Nee has been looking for - her father. After all, her relationship with him at school is also good.

As you have mentioned, OYW didn't seem to be bothered/surprised/angered if he was pushed away by AJ in the past. So, for me, as of the moment I'm typing this, he's just merely a close friend/younger-brother-like-friend to AJ. But this thought can actually be changed once we've been shown the next episodes of the drama. Haha. And if in case, none of them is the father, I wondered who'd do a cameo role as HN's dad. Haha. There goes the 5th man, if ever. Haha.

I'm fine no matter who ends up with AJ and whoever ends up as HN's father. Even if both of those ones are just the same person or two different persons. Haha!

Indeed :)

I think how they easily show us about Yeon Woo as Ha Nee appa's name, obviously leading us into wrong hint..

I don't believe that for sure ;)

Anything about Ryu Jin reaction towards Noh Ae Jeong is more suspicious hahaa :sweatingbullets:

Furthermore, from the beginning Ryu Jin seems too awkward when involved in Dae Oh and Ae Jeong romance..

I strongly believe that Ha Nee father is between Dae Oh and Ryu Jin.. 

i feel dizzy already hahahaaa

7 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Hi @shaym I missed your post. So here's my late reply :D

I think it's also my first time seeing the child actress here. Or she probably in other shows that I didn't notice here before. And yes so far I like her portrayal as HN. She does have good chemistry with her on-screen mom Song Ji Hyo. Cried with tjem when she yelled frustratedly that mom didn't even think of her and kneeling to those people like a sinner.

He'll be best friend. Poor that boy being another bully victim. He seems distant from his dad. He even called his uncle complain why did he come instead of him. It's interesting to see how things unfold more in this.

Interesting. I also ever heard the four-leaf clover symbolized to some positive elements. AJ's life is facing such a turmoil right now but those actually will bring her to some surprises that will change her life which I believe it'll much better. 

So have you found it? I haven't searched it tho. If it has been released then we can find it soon on the net. 

Hi again @Alice Wonderland! It's okay, better late than never. I appreciate it. :)

Yeah, her performance is really good. I guess being in eight dramas and three movies helped her. Too unfortunate that the dramas and movies I've watched so far didn't have her as a cast. Haha. Hopefully I get to see her more in the shows that will piqued my interest.

Yeah, their dynamic as a mother-daughter is really good. It's a kind of relationship that you'll still be envious of even though there's something lacking, which Ae Jung is trying to provide and fulfill. I also like the the mother-daughter relationship of AJ and her mom. Her mom is just so full of love and understanding. I like how the three of them gather strength from one another and the love they give and take is just so precious. It's always so good to have someone who believes and reminds you on what, why, and how life is. 

They will be best of friends? That's great. At least if Pa Do and AJ won't be the end game, there's a high chance that their children will end up together. Haha. I wonder if the kids bullying him knows how powerful his father is. It'd be pretty fun to see those kids' reaction when they find out that he's not just an ordinary kid. And even if his dad is not that powerful in the drama, bullying is not really good so I hope those who bully him get their price. Haha. I'm more than happy that both of those kids (HN and DC) have found someone to be close to and that they are no longer loners. 

This might contain some spoilers:

Speaking of Pa Do, a scene reminded me of AJ and Oh Dae O's probable reason of their break-up. The scene where ODO asked Ryu Jin if it's true that AJ left him because he's poor and he had nothing. Maybe there was a misunderstanding because they didn't know that AJ had a lookalike - PD's wife, most probably. Maybe someone who knew AJ and DO saw PD and his wife (who seemed to be very classy and elegant) together so s/he thought AJ was cheating. Maybe the "She vanished." line was about AJ's lookalike leaving for China or another country. Which makes me go back to the point why I think RJ is HN's father. Haha. Because there was this scene in the trailer that hasn't been shown yet to us that RJ will be the one holding and hugging the blank AJ when she learned that DO was no longer in that place when she went to look for him/talk to him on that rainy night. 

But of course, I'm pretty much open to more twists and turns. Haha. It's just that after two episodes, I'm thinking that what I'm thinking might be one of the thinking that we can get to think after those episodes gave us something to think. Haha. 

Unfortunately, I only found the title of the first OST: "Dreams" by Lee Ba Da. The said song is so light and breezy. So comforting to hear. 

I really can't wait to know what will happen and what has happened to them. Haha. Three more days of waiting seems to be so far away. Haha.

39 minutes ago, holyfea said:

Indeed :)

I think how they easily show us about Yeon Woo as Ha Nee appa's name, obviously leading us into wrong hint..

I don't believe that for sure ;)

Anything about Ryu Jin reaction towards Noh Ae Jeong is more suspicious hahaa :sweatingbullets:

Furthermore, from the beginning Ryu Jin seems too awkward when involved in Dae Oh and Ae Jeong romance..

I strongly believe that Ha Nee father is between Dae Oh and Ryu Jin.. 

i feel dizzy already hahahaaa

Hi @holyfea! Me, too! I'm already dizzy yet I can't stop thinking about it. Haha. Guess I've become an addict because of this show. Haha.

I agree about Oh Yeon Woo but imagine how dizzy we'll be if the writer is just playing with us throwing twists and turns only to find out that it's really him all along. Haha.

I guess I'll be brokenhearted for whichever trio's love won't be reciprocated. Huhu. Haha.

25 minutes ago, corey said:

Hello, I am so happy you are here too! I am also giving this drama a go, because I love the loan shark character ha ha. IDK, but all the other MLs seem like immature boys compared to him. On the topic of ending, the FL can end up with whoever she likes, as long as there is no stupid pointless unnecessay 2-year separation for no specific reason but to keep viewers on their toes until the very last minute.....

Yes, come to think of it, I agree that to reveal the father in the second episode is rather early, and the writer probably threw us a red herring...

BTW, guys, this drama is a perfect setup for a poll

1. Who do you think Ha Nee's father is ...a) ODO b)RJ  c) YW d)  someone else

2. Who do you think AJ will end up with a) ODO b)RJ  c) YW d)  loan shark e) someone else f) alone

I'd say 1 is either c or d, and 2 - my heart goes to d), but it will never happen. She will end up with whoever the Ha Nee's father is...

Can my answer be changed every after episode? Haha! After two episodes, my answer for that would be:

1. B. Ryu Jin

2. A. Oh Dae O

My heart goes to A, B, C, and D! If only she has four hearts there won't be any problem at all. Haha.

Ae Jung can just give us the rest of them so they won't be hurt too much. Haha.

1 hour ago, corey said:

Hello, I am so happy you are here too! I am also giving this drama a go, because I love the loan shark character ha ha. IDK, but all the other MLs seem like immature boys compared to him. On the topic of ending, the FL can end up with whoever she likes, as long as there is no stupid pointless unnecessay 2-year separation for no specific reason but to keep viewers on their toes until the very last minute.....

Yes, come to think of it, I agree that to reveal the father in the second episode is rather early, and the writer probably threw us a red herring...

2. Who do you think AJ will end up with a) ODO b)RJ  c) YW d)  loan shark e) someone else f) alone

I'd say 1 is either c or d, and 2 - my heart goes to d), but it will never happen. She will end up with whoever the Ha Nee's father is...

Hahaha G-Dragon's brother in law is really good in developing his character as loan shark.

His gangster gesture is really swag yet mature. But i schocked that he has a son hahaahaa

Younger RJ comforting AJ is one of the most confusing preview clips, because that means he was ~aware of how they both felt- thinking that the other left them!! :bawling: Which even more supports my very sad theory about him lying to both of them too.. because how could he not tell either how horribly the other was taking it?? :cold_sweat:

1 minute ago, holyfea said:

Hahaha G-Dragon's brother in law is really good in developing his character as loan shark.

His gangster gesture is really swag yet mature. But i schocked that he has a son hahaahaa

That's true. He has that charisma. I rooted for him more than Lee Seo Jin in their drama with Ha Ji Won although with their relationship there, it's nothing to being possible. Haha. I'm just saying that he's really good in roles like this. Hopefully, this drama won't turn dark and brutal. Haha!

I think I would be as surprised as you if I wasn't able to read the character description on the very first page prior to when they showed the second episode. Haha. 

It's really good to see how each one of the male leads is being supported by us viewers and Soompiers. Haha.

5 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Younger RJ comforting AJ is one of the most confusing preview clips, because that means he was ~aware of how they both felt- thinking that the other left them!! :bawling: Which even more supports my very sad theory about him lying to both of them too.. because how could he not tell either how horribly the other was taking it?? :cold_sweat:

Because on that rainy night, perhaps he was reminded that his love is like rain. Sometimes too much, sometimes not even a drop. If by chance he was really involved in the break up that means at that time, it over rained. Causing too much.. flood. Haha. By flood, I meant, tears and separation, as well as confusion. I wish those scenes in the trailer will be shown to us pretty soon. I really can't wait! Haha!

2 hours ago, corey said:

I love the loan shark character ha ha. IDK, but all the other MLs seem like immature boys compared to him.

Same!  I am sure that Loan Shark will not win the lady but he is the sort of character I love:  a wounded warrior hiding a good heart.

2 hours ago, corey said:

1.  Author ODO, no question

2.  Ditto

46 minutes ago, corey said:

I am dying to know, what makes you think so??????

Of all four of the guys in this drama, ODO is the one who is suffering and who has suffered because of his relationship with the FL.  There's serious history there that doesn't exist with anyone else.  It's also obvious that there has been a serious misunderstanding between the two of them that has caused them to misjudge and blame one another.  It's unlikely to get that angry with someone unless there's passion involved, too, because it's the people you love the most who can hurt you the most.

Although the teacher (sorry can't get the names right when there are four guys to deal with) cares for the FL, his love is a kid's love for a girl who is older.  I can't see it as a mature relationship.  If he wrote that book for her child, it was because he was wishing he could take the place of the real father and because he was trying to be a hero to the FL.  

ODO=passion

Teacher=friend-zone

@corey - ditto on that poll LOL like as soon as they introduced the subplot of a "paternity mystery" it became suuper obvious of what the most cliché route would be to go & Kdramas are 90% just that predictable xD 

Thus, my previously-posted theory.. about how they were all connected in the past; but as far as in their future? Well, both ~heteronormative & "traditional nuclear family" endings are also a top cliché, so.. highly doubtful there would be any other kind of twist here ie yup, "journey back to first big love" is my bet! 

Now if there had been some kind of ~AU version where they were all meeting for the ~first time ever~ lol (as suggested by that one really cute trailer) that would've been much more interesting with less clichés to rely on.. & maybe all the others would have a more ~equal chance ;P (in various directions, lol) 

Overall, this is definitely an interesting ~OT6! I'm really just here hoping for poly/cohabitation hijinks.. :love: Please pretty please may they surprise me!! 

12 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Kdramas are 90% just that predictable xD 

That is part of the enjoyment.  Human beings are indeed predictable like that.  It makes us feel secure and sensible if we believe we know the how and the why ahead of time.  

14 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Overall, this is definitely an interesting ~OT6! I'm really just here hoping for poly/cohabitation hijinks.. :love: Please pretty please may they surprise me!! 

It would be very funny indeed if they all ended up in the same house.  I like that idea.  :D 

33 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Now if there had been some kind of ~AU version where they were all meeting for the ~first time ever~ lol (as suggested by that one really cute trailer) that would've been much more interesting with less clichés to rely on.. & maybe all the others would have a more ~equal chance ;P (in various directions, lol) 

Actually there's another drama, a mini one (4 eps i think) that has that kind of concept. 3 or 4 men has their own scenario on why they are the father. The drama name is Baek-hee Has Returned, you should try to watch this!

40 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

@corey - ditto on that poll LOL like as soon as they introduced the subplot of a "paternity mystery" it became suuper obvious of what the most cliché route would be to go & Kdramas are 90% just that predictable xD 

But it's not always so. I can remember dramas, where father was someone else.

I wish to think, that this drama won't be that predictable.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

(sorry can't get the names right when there are four guys to deal with) ..

Shouldn't that be a ~learned skill by now for any "drama" fan? ;P (especially from ones with ensemble casts) Of course it probably helps to have a history of being in music fandoms too.. so many bandmembers, so little time! 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Although the teacher ..cares for the FL, his love is a kid's love for a girl who is older.  I can't see it as a mature relationship.  If he wrote that book for her child, it was because he was wishing he could take the place of the real father and because he was trying to be a hero to the FL. 

YW's sunshine character is totally #GOALS to me; exactly the kind of person I aspire TO BE and TO FIND.. which breaks my heart even more whenever I remember every time how a majority of both audiences & writers of typical cliché dramas view such a good soul: as too-often relentlessly-overlooked doomed-to-just-second-lead-syndrome brush-aside-able chars or worse, to be broken &/or corrupted/twisted/etc. :bawling: I really especially don't understand how such goodness cannot be seen as "mature".. is it the ~brightness? Does someone need to be more ~serious & stoic to be seen as "mature"? :no_mouth: That's a real mystery right there.. 

When it comes to ships tho, I gotta have a little bit of each:

sunshine/serious/snarky = a perfect trio-shippy match :wub: 

16 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Shouldn't that be a ~learned skill by now for any "drama" fan? ;P (especially from ones with ensemble casts)

Perhaps it should be.  However, I have Aphasia.  This means that I have difficulty in comprehending and recalling new information.  When I first became ill, I forgot completely how to read and had to learn all over again.  Reading is a skill that I struggle with daily.  Watching subbed dramas is actually helpful to me in this regard because I have to work quite hard sometimes to enjoy them.  If I forget names or initials along the way, that's something I have to deal with.  I enjoy attempting to communicate about dramas because that is helpful to me as well.  

I have particular problems with language acquistion.  Korean and Chinese are especially incomprehensible to me.  After nearly 15 years of watching Japanese dramas, I can still only command about a dozen words in the language.  It can be very dis-heartening to desire to understand but to be completely unable to do so.

I'm sure that you did not intend to be judgmental but it's good to remember that every person has a challenge in life, and we should not jump to conclusions before getting to know what they might be.  We cannot assume that each person is as able as another.

22 minutes ago, corey said:

thanks for the explanation. Actually, as soon as I asked you that question, I began to think and you have something there

Thank you.  It is entirely probable that I am being dull and predictable.....but I have watched a lot of dramas; many relationships have identifiable markers.  

I always like reading your take on things.  :) 

2 minutes ago, corey said:

I hope you did not infer from my post that I consider you dull and predictable  - on the contrary - I am never right about endings of dramas and I admire people who are able to predict how the drama will end.

My apologies.  I did not think that at all.  In fact, I like seeking out your posts as being particularly insightful--that is why I so often agree with you!  

I was just feeling a bit like an idiot for being unable to remember characters.  As far as I am concerned, the four guys are:  Scary Dude, Writer, Teacher, and.....now I've forgotten the fourth guy.  Oh dear.

14 minutes ago, thistle said:

My apologies.  I did not think that at all.  In fact, I like seeking out your posts as being particularly insightful--that is why I so often agree with you!  

I was just feeling a bit like an idiot for being unable to remember characters.  As far as I am concerned, the four guys are:  Scary Dude, Writer, Teacher, and.....now I've forgotten the fourth guy.  Oh dear.

And the actor - It's a miracle that I also remember his name is Ryu Jin.

Except for those who have difficulties with remembering their name, there are also those like me, who could not care less about their name. I sometimes remember them, while some other times I do not. I do not make any effort to remember them and I usually remember weird names (e.g. Dalsik, Hogu) or names that I like (e.g. Hyeon). I do not think remembering names is a quality in itself, so don't worry (I don't always remember names in real life, mainly because I don't make an effort to remember some people's names.).

But I do remember you, @thistle, from other threads, and I like reading your posts - and the "universal" ML and FL (it makes it easier for me to follow live recaps for various dramas without having the remember the name of the ML and that of the FL).

Archived