Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] We were in Love, 우리 사랑했을까

40 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

@corey - ditto on that poll LOL like as soon as they introduced the subplot of a "paternity mystery" it became suuper obvious of what the most cliché route would be to go & Kdramas are 90% just that predictable xD 

But it's not always so. I can remember dramas, where father was someone else.

I wish to think, that this drama won't be that predictable.

• Like 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

1 hour ago, thistle said:

(sorry can't get the names right when there are four guys to deal with) ..

Shouldn't that be a ~learned skill by now for any "drama" fan? ;P (especially from ones with ensemble casts) Of course it probably helps to have a history of being in music fandoms too.. so many bandmembers, so little time! 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Although the teacher ..cares for the FL, his love is a kid's love for a girl who is older.  I can't see it as a mature relationship.  If he wrote that book for her child, it was because he was wishing he could take the place of the real father and because he was trying to be a hero to the FL. 

YW's sunshine character is totally #GOALS to me; exactly the kind of person I aspire TO BE and TO FIND.. which breaks my heart even more whenever I remember every time how a majority of both audiences & writers of typical cliché dramas view such a good soul: as too-often relentlessly-overlooked doomed-to-just-second-lead-syndrome brush-aside-able chars or worse, to be broken &/or corrupted/twisted/etc. :bawling: I really especially don't understand how such goodness cannot be seen as "mature".. is it the ~brightness? Does someone need to be more ~serious & stoic to be seen as "mature"? :no_mouth: That's a real mystery right there.. 

When it comes to ships tho, I gotta have a little bit of each:

sunshine/serious/snarky = a perfect trio-shippy match :wub: 

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, SimbiAni said:

@corey - ditto on that poll LOL like as soon as they introduced the subplot of a "paternity mystery" it became suuper obvious of what the most cliché route would be to go & Kdramas are 90% just that predictable xD 

So, what is your prediction, pretty please (i.e. the poll result?)

Now if there had been some kind of ~AU version where they were all meeting for the ~first time ever~ lol (as suggested by that one really cute trailer) that would've been much more interesting with less clichés to rely on.. & maybe all the others would have a more ~equal chance ;P (in various directions, lol) 

What is AU version? So basically you think that AJ will go back to the father of the child, as I think she will?

And you are right, the gusy do not have equal chance. Which is kind of shame. Really of all the four, I think the gangster has the most depth and maturity.

@thistle - thanks for the explanation. Actually, as soon as I asked you that question, I began to think and you have something there - but I based this on AJ's reaction. ODO was the only one that she reacted so strongly to - comare it to YW, whom she barely recognized - therefore there could not have been any deep emptional connection there, just as you said. Friend zone definitely.

However, of all the four leads, I like ODO least - his "revenge" is sooooo immature. I would not want to end up with such a whiner myself.

Edit: @SimbiAni sunshine and brightness can be seen as immature, because life in general sucks (and then you die) but you need to live a little to see that, lol. So I belive YW is all sunshine party maybe because he is the youngest? But I would not call him immature - ODO is the one who I consider immature. YW is squarely in the friends zone, sadly.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, SimbiAni said:

Shouldn't that be a ~learned skill by now for any "drama" fan? ;P (especially from ones with ensemble casts)

Perhaps it should be.  However, I have Aphasia.  This means that I have difficulty in comprehending and recalling new information.  When I first became ill, I forgot completely how to read and had to learn all over again.  Reading is a skill that I struggle with daily.  Watching subbed dramas is actually helpful to me in this regard because I have to work quite hard sometimes to enjoy them.  If I forget names or initials along the way, that's something I have to deal with.  I enjoy attempting to communicate about dramas because that is helpful to me as well.  

I have particular problems with language acquistion.  Korean and Chinese are especially incomprehensible to me.  After nearly 15 years of watching Japanese dramas, I can still only command about a dozen words in the language.  It can be very dis-heartening to desire to understand but to be completely unable to do so.

I'm sure that you did not intend to be judgmental but it's good to remember that every person has a challenge in life, and we should not jump to conclusions before getting to know what they might be.  We cannot assume that each person is as able as another.

22 minutes ago, corey said:

thanks for the explanation. Actually, as soon as I asked you that question, I began to think and you have something there

Thank you.  It is entirely probable that I am being dull and predictable.....but I have watched a lot of dramas; many relationships have identifiable markers.  

I always like reading your take on things.  :) 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

It is entirely probable that I am being dull and predictable.....but I have watched a lot of dramas; many relationships have identifiable markers.  

I hope you did not infer from my post that I consider you dull and predictable  - on the contrary - I am never right about endings of dramas and I admire people who are able to predict how the drama will end. It is true that K-Dramas are full of cliches and thropes which are sometimes incomprehensible for me, as someone from entirely different culture - hopefuly at one point I will be able to identify those relationship markers.

It would be interesting to see if this particular writer follows the thropes or is out to surprise the viewers; or worse still, is prone to change the ending based on viewers' preferences, as we know sometimes happens in K-Dramas.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, corey said:

I hope you did not infer from my post that I consider you dull and predictable  - on the contrary - I am never right about endings of dramas and I admire people who are able to predict how the drama will end.

My apologies.  I did not think that at all.  In fact, I like seeking out your posts as being particularly insightful--that is why I so often agree with you!  

I was just feeling a bit like an idiot for being unable to remember characters.  As far as I am concerned, the four guys are:  Scary Dude, Writer, Teacher, and.....now I've forgotten the fourth guy.  Oh dear.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@thistleOk, if you really must, let's feel like idiots together, since I can't get the names either :):smooches2:

Firstly, Korean names are just alien to me - sometimes I am sooo grateful to the writers for giving their characters short, catchy or Western-sounding names - like Ha-nee, Se Ra, Dan Te, O Dae O etc.

Secondly, why should I bother?  - it is highly unlikely that the knowledge of the character's name would ever be useful to me again and our brains are not willing to remember things we would not use - it has enough tasks and information to process as it is.

What I do before posting, is to consult previous higher posts on the same page, usually there is always a kind soul who mentions the name in his/her post.

Please do not feel bad.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, thistle said:

My apologies.  I did not think that at all.  In fact, I like seeking out your posts as being particularly insightful--that is why I so often agree with you!  

I was just feeling a bit like an idiot for being unable to remember characters.  As far as I am concerned, the four guys are:  Scary Dude, Writer, Teacher, and.....now I've forgotten the fourth guy.  Oh dear.

And the actor - It's a miracle that I also remember his name is Ryu Jin.

Except for those who have difficulties with remembering their name, there are also those like me, who could not care less about their name. I sometimes remember them, while some other times I do not. I do not make any effort to remember them and I usually remember weird names (e.g. Dalsik, Hogu) or names that I like (e.g. Hyeon). I do not think remembering names is a quality in itself, so don't worry (I don't always remember names in real life, mainly because I don't make an effort to remember some people's names.).

But I do remember you, @thistle, from other threads, and I like reading your posts - and the "universal" ML and FL (it makes it easier for me to follow live recaps for various dramas without having the remember the name of the ML and that of the FL).

• Like 4
  • Love 1

i like most of the actors in this drama maybe i'll try it :) after watching Dinner Mate :) 

• Like 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

Posted (edited)

@thistle My dear friend, love seeing you here.

I am Chinese American and Korean names are now more comfortable to me after only 17 years watching Korean dramas and having Korean friends. As my mom said, all American names and faces looked alike for her when she first came over. When I am initially I need the character chart in the beginning as reference myself. I don’t recall character names well myself. So not Remembering is fine BUT as long as we as forum members know who you are referring to is more important. One forum I don’t even care for the character cameo - I call her ‘leech.’

I was nodding my head on my agreement with your comments about the dad and ODO and AJ - due to my Kdrama history knowledge too. Lol.

@hibiscus23 Please join us after DM! Or whenever you can join us!

@shaym I too love a Song Ji Hyo from Running a Man as well . So I have watched the majority of her dramas. I love her as a person too. My korean language dongseng met her younger brother while traveling in Europe. He doesn’t know Korean celebrities but asked me if I knew of her. I was freaking out! Such a small world!

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, thistle said:

Perhaps it should be.  However, I have Aphasia.  This means that I have difficulty in comprehending and recalling new information.  When I first became ill, I forgot completely how to read and had to learn all over again.  Reading is a skill that I struggle with daily.  Watching subbed dramas is actually helpful to me in this regard because I have to work quite hard sometimes to enjoy them.  If I forget names or initials along the way, that's something I have to deal with.  I enjoy attempting to communicate about dramas because that is helpful to me as well.  

I have particular problems with language acquistion.  Korean and Chinese are especially incomprehensible to me.  After nearly 15 years of watching Japanese dramas, I can still only command about a dozen words in the language.  It can be very dis-heartening to desire to understand but to be completely unable to do so.

I'm sure that you did not intend to be judgmental but it's good to remember that every person has a challenge in life, and we should not jump to conclusions before getting to know what they might be.  We cannot assume that each person is as able as another.

There was absolutely no offense intended especially as a person with similar various learning & other disabilities myself, I was merely making a "*winkwink* yeah, isn't it hard keeping track of all these ppl & chars lol" kind of fannish camaraderie comment.. (thus the ;P lol) I even have similar difficulties with languages too, I grew up around both French & Spanish but only latched onto English & still need captions on all English media due to audio-processing issues & reading what I'm hearing is the only way to truly absorb whatever ppl are saying, etc etc. & while I'm still persistent in ~trying to learn other languages anyway, I will likely never be able to speak anything else fluently nor read them at a "speaking pace" & yes, that's definitely frustrating. 

Even moreso as an aspie, my obsessive urge to study languages as well as other detail-oriented hobbies (ie basic html coding, making lists- of literally everything, & so on) is an oxymoronic constant battle with my said various learning & memory issues. The main reason I took on the immense task of transcribing & translating those MBTI pics was for the challenge, & to reinforce recognition of the various Hangul symbols (typing with a Korean keyboard for the Hangul quotes) which are so simple yet so complicated, omg. They are so easy to mix up & the cursive versions are even more harder to read! Still, it is one struggle I actually enjoy in life. 

So yes, I have difficulty with names etc too & I can end up checking & rechecking cast lists a hundred times or more when involved in any media.. but I think it's fun <3 That's all.. sorry that my sincere intentions weren't more obvious. :cookie:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nodame said:

@shaym I too love a Song Ji Hyo from Running a Man as well . So I have watched the majority of her dramas. I love her as a person too. My korean language dongseng met her younger brother while traveling in Europe. He doesn’t know Korean celebrities but asked me if I knew of her. I was freaking out! Such a small world!

Likewise @Nodame! I agree with you about what you've said about Song Ji Hyo. :) Wow! Such a small world indeed. Your Korean Language dongsaeng is so lucky; maybe in the long run, it'll be Song Ji Hyo that s/he will see/meet! Haha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)

@shaym The dongseng is actually shy. They saw each other on a long walk twice (it is a long walking trek). In fact they did meet up in Korea later on too because of bonding during that trip. Not sure if he met her, but cool he can contact the brother as his hyung. I am jealous ! I said let him know if not weird your pal in the USA is a big fan!

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, corey said:

So, what is your prediction, pretty please (i.e. the poll result?) What is AU version? So basically you think that AJ will go back to the father of the child, as I think she will? 

Oops, I thought it was clear I was ditto'ing the other responses, hehe. :sweat_smile: 

Yeah, I theorized about it in an earlier post in which all signs seem to point to DaeOh.. so I'm expecting to be totally not surprised yet hoping that it will surprise me anyway LOL :lol:

AU means "Alternate Universe" (or "altverse" for short) &/or "alternate version", often used when fans wish a story went different ways (fanon) than it did in the official version (canon), to the point of ~rebooting the entire story. Which can be very fun to think about! :blush:

9 hours ago, corey said:

@SimbiAni sunshine and brightness can be seen as immature, because life in general sucks (and then you die) but you need to live a little to see that, lol. So I belive YW is all sunshine party maybe because he is the youngest? But I would not call him immature - ODO is the one who I consider immature. YW is squarely in the friends zone, sadly.

Oh I agree, life can be a downright miserable place overall, & I've been living through some wicked pains of all kinds- but all the more reason for me to crave that goodness, purity & sunshine & optimistic idealist type, lol I believe we as people can be heavily influenced by those we are around the most & having personally been surrounded by toxic people for so long my own attitude can be horrible too, yet I try really hard to still put on a (genuine) happy face so I can make other people happy (sincerely) because that makes me happy, knowing any little effort could just maybe improve someone else's day at least a little bit, & I just realized how incredibly dorky that sounds but.. :love: 

I call myself an "optimistic pessimist" (or vice-versa), "the glass is always both" (50/50 or 60/40, depending on the day) kinda person, haha. When I was younger, I had a motto: "Happiness can be a choice; sadness isn't." Basically it was a way of helping explain my feelings & why I constantly have to make a conscious choice to look on the brighter side instead of dwelling on all the negativity; because being purposely positive can truly make a difference. Maybe that's why I identify with YW so much.. similar situations too, hehe. ^_^ 

• Like 3

I just finished the first two episodes and I'm placing my bet that Oh Dae-oh is the father just because I'm biased with Son Ho-jun hahaha. But seriously though, as some of you here pointed out, Ae-jung reacted differently with ODO compared to Ryu Jin and Oh Yeon-woo (who were also people from her past).

Surprisingly though, I'm looking forward for more "Koo Pa-do as father scenes". I kinda want this tough guy to go soft with his son.

• Like 7

I really wonder what character will Dasom play

Is there any character description for her yet?

• Like 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Here's some direct links to posts that answer your question: 

Posted October 25, 2019 / Posted January 28 / Posted June 6 / Posted Saturday at 01:10 AM 

& a really interesting trailer :kiss_wink: 

Perfect this is what i really need!!

Big thanks for the link 

It really helpful 

Really excited for next episode

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

22 hours ago, jannedrumsit said:

The Dad is ODO, no one can change my mind, not even the writer.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to characters' stories between 2006 to 2020, and also the investigation that HN will do to find her father.

Ahahahaaa i also strongly believe that one of the suspect is ODO. For me, Ha Nee dad is between ODO and RJ :)

Even the writernim luring us as they show that baby teacher name is written in the book as the dad..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)

@SimbiAni  High five to you ! (I try to live my life by what you believe! YESH!) Not always easy but all your words resonated with me. I apply it to my daily life not always easy but it helps-every little bit. Thanks for kindly sharing!

As I am patiently waiting for the next episode later this week. I found this article.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411974wpp/watch-son-ho-jun-tries-to-shield-song-ji-hyo-from-the-rain-while-filming-was-it-love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0MLSIdqNqQ

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 3
  • Love 1