[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

I did a marathon watch of the first season to rekindle how KDJ is. I mean, of all 3 seasons, KDJ is still the best/most developed character in the Romantic Dr universe. I forgot how hotheaded  and stern he was because I confused KDJ with AJW (Hospital Playlist) for awhile. Both are doctors, but very very different in personality.

Comparing KDJ with SWJ, the former is louder and is more of a challenge while the latter is more silent and steadfast. SWJ respects and likes KSB so much that KSB can practically do no wrong in his eyes, so when KSB placed his utmost faith in KDJ, SWJ is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his own trust in KSB. I don't detect jealousy but curiosity.

CEJ is probably the most brash character in the Romantic Dr world and she is also prone to be more judgemental. Likely a product of a spoilt upbringing. Rather than trying to communicate with KDJ she decided to create camps despite that man only shortly arrived in Doldam. Her character development hasn't been the strongest in both seasons. Her character is not too different from YSJ actually. Their temperments are similar except YSJ's style is more quiet and dignified while CEJ is more of a stamp-foot-when-unhappy kind.

I'm also a bit pissed that there weren't any mention of YSJ to KDJ - are they no longer together? Logically speaking they should be married now since it is about 6 years from the end of S1.

It does seem that JDH is related to KSB's dead patient-student JHJ. JHJ was a 3rd year student in 1998. Let's say 'today ' is 2022, that is 24 years apart. So how old is JDH?

Anyhow, I find Dr PMG being supebly under utilised as character and doctor, which is a shame. And I hope the cute couple will make up and get back together in the next episode.

• Blob 1

Watch: “Dr. Romantic 3” Cast Members Have A Blast Poking Fun At Each Other During Filming

Watch: “Dr. Romantic 3” Cast Members Have A Blast Poking Fun At Each Other During Filming

“Dr. Romantic 3” has released a funny new behind-the-scenes video!

The “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 features the return of Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung alongside Han Suk Kyu and more, joining several new cast members.

The first scene features several Doldam Hospital employees welcoming Season 1 star Kang Dong Joo, who is played by Yoo Yeon Seok, back to the hospital. When Im Won Hee messes up his line, he initially powers through but bursts into laughter once he realizes all his co-stars are stifling their smiles. They maintain the light atmosphere with more bloopers and laughs and the video caption jokes that they’ve all caught the “blooper virus.”

Yoo Yeon Seok’s next scene with Han Suk Kyu takes a calmer tone. They recall Yoo Yeon Seok’s character’s dramatic outburst in Season 1 and the actor notes that Ahn Hyo Seop has a similar scene in Season 2. The director then clarifies, “But compared to Dong Joo, [Ahn Hyo Seop’s character] Woo Jin is incredibly soft-hearted.”

Various cast members gathers for a presentation given by Kang Dong Joo, which once again leads to an outburst of giggles when he accidentally scrolls through the slideshow. Yoo Yeon Seok then laughs over how many lines he has for his guest appearance and adds, “It feels like ‘Let’s see if I can do this!'” When his co-stars start bickering, Yoo Yeon Seok jokes, “I guess you don’t have a great relationship just because you’ve worked together for a long time?” Jin Kyung jokingly responds, “My relationship with you is the best right now.”

After, Yoo Yeon Seok films with Ahn Hyo Seop. Once they flawlessly complete their surgery scene, someone comments that the “Dr. Romantic” series, which is titled “Romantic Doctor Master Kim” in Korean, could continue with Master Kang [Dong Joo] or Master Seo [Woo Jin] in the future.

At the end of the video, the male and female employees of Doldam Hospital hold separate discussions to give Park Eun Tak (Kim Min Jae) and Yoon Ah Reum (So Ju Yeon) their funny and ill-informed dating advice.

Check out the full making-of video below!

The next episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” will air on June 16 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593966wpp/watch-dr-romantic-3-cast-members-have-a-blast-poking-fun-at-each-other-during-filming

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yoo Yeon Seok Tackles An Unexpected Crisis With Help From Lee Sung Kyung And Ahn Hyo Seop In “Dr. Romantic 3”

Yoo Yeon Seok Tackles An Unexpected Crisis With Help From Lee Sung Kyung And Ahn Hyo Seop In “Dr. Romantic 3”

“Dr. Romantic 3” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

The “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 features the return of Han Suk Kyu alongside Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, and more, joining several new cast members.

The newly released stills depict Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) and Cha Eun Jae (Lee Sung Kyung) back at the trauma center.

Previously, Seo Woo Jin ran to the break room, where the other staff members were on strike, after hearing news of the mountain fire, while Cha Eun Jae decided to stop her attempts to boycott Kang Dong Joo (Yoo Yeon Seok). Viewers are curious to find out how the two will return after persuading the trauma center staff to do the same.

Lee-Sung-Kyung-5.jpegLee-Sung-Kyung-Ahn-Hyo-Seop-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, the trauma center is in a chaotic state. Along with paramedics who are looking at their wounded peers, Kang Dong Joo and Jung In Soo (Yoon Na Moo) are giving it their all to save their patients. Amidst internal issues with the boycott, Kang Dong Joo must step up and showcase his leadership skills as he faces his first big crisis as the current head of the trauma center. Viewers are curious to find out how he will work together with Seo Woo Jin and Cha Eun Jae to resolve the issue.

Yoo-Yeon-Seok-Yoon-Na-Moo-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Yoo-Yeon-Seok-5.jpeg

The production team previewed, “Please watch to see how the relationship between Seo Woo Jin, Cha Eun Jae, and Kang Dong Joo will change.”

The second to last episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” will air on June 16 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594020wpp/yoo-yeon-seok-tackles-an-unexpected-crisis-with-help-from-lee-sung-kyung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-in-dr-romantic-3

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 9:44 AM, dzareth said:

It does seem that JDH is related to KSB's dead patient-student JHJ. JHJ was a 3rd year student in 1998. Let's say 'today ' is 2022, that is 24 years apart. So how old is JDH?

I was betting on mother-son relationship. There is also no say that Jang Hyunju started medicine right after high school. Missing a year or two isn't that uncommon, even if not welcomed. She could have a child back then too... 

I wonder what Jang Donghwa knows about her death - does he knows that she died during operation performed by her mentor (which is a lie, but nobody clarified this... I also wonder why there wasn't any law suit)? 

• Insightful 1

Spoiler

Park Hyo Joo To Make Special Appearance In “Dr. Romantic 3”

Park Hyo Joo To Make Special Appearance In “Dr. Romantic 3”

Actress Park Hyo Joo is set to make a special appearance in “Dr. Romantic 3”!

On June 13, SBS officially announced that Park Hyo Joo will be making a special appearance in “Dr. Romantic 3.”

Park Hyo Joo previously appeared in the second season of the series as Shim Hye Jin, a cold and defensive anaesthesiologist who moved to Doldam Hospital from a large hospital. Loved by viewers for her refreshing and charismatic “fact spitting” lines, Park Hyo Joo’s character was one of the most prominent characters in “Dr. Romantic 2.”

With the news of Park Hyo Joo’s special appearance, fans of the hit series are excitedly waiting to see Shim Hye Jin at Doldam Hospital once again.

Park-Hyo-Joo-3.jpgPark-Hyo-Joo-2.jpgPark-Hyo-Joo-1.jpg

The “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 features the return of Han Suk Kyu alongside Ahn Hyo SeopLee Sung Kyung, and more, joining several new cast members.

The next episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” featuring Park Hyo Joo will air on July 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593821wpp/park-hyo-joo-to-make-special-appearance-in-dr-romantic-3

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

With just 1 ep. left what else is in store for the Doldam team?

Dr. Kang will have to shelve his plans as nature has a different plan in mind or is this the work of the evil assemblywoman LoL!? 

That lil remark made by Master Kim on how everyone made a "perfect team" sounded like a farewell. Eun Jae, Ah Reum seem to have high school mentality LoL. Same goes for Nurse Joo who looks like a chipmunk! 

I never liked the over the top, theatrical acting by Chief Jang it's not funny but annoying. Speaking of annoying, Dr. Yang I just want to tape his mouth shut! Dr. Ung's medical condition almost cost a patient's life, luckily Dr. Jang was there. 

The finale just round the corner, it looks like it will be a rushed ending. As per usual in most k-dramas LoL. With Prof. Shim joining in so late doesn't bring much of a difference either. 

The last scene of Master Kim walking through the hospital amidst the smoke how is he not choking from inhaling the fumes LoL? 

• Blob 1

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The last scene of Master Kim walking through the hospital amidst the smoke how is he not choking from inhaling the fumes LoL? 

I'm wondering the same thing. 

Also I think it maybe a dream, because he passed out when he was left by director Park, and last few shots are in his dream or worse...

• Insightful 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15 :).

“Dr. Romantic 3” Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

“Dr. Romantic 3” Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 3” continued to dominate Friday night television ahead of its finale!

On June 16, the popular medical drama—which has just one episode left to go this season—successfully remained the most-watched show of Friday with its penultimate episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Dr. Romantic 3” scored an average nationwide rating of 14.0 percent. Despite seeing a dip in ratings from last Saturday’s all-time high, the drama was still the most-watched program of any kind to air that day.

“Dr. Romantic 3” was also the most-watched show of Friday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 5.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594519wpp/dr-romantic-3-heads-into-finale-on-no-1-ratings

The gameboy Dr Jang - I still cannot decipher why he does his residency in Doldam. He was hardly serious with his work. If he had done enough homework besides knowing Master Kim runs the place, he would have known Doldam is not a typical countryside hospital to R&R.

I like to also believe Master Kim fainted from smoke inhalation and what we saw was his dream.

I wonder who was the woman who screamed in the A&E in tonight's episode.

Is Dr Lee Seonung aka navy doc the only resident who gets such gentle treatment from Master Kim in all 3 series of this drama?

And.. that's a wrap folks for now at least for Doldam Team. 

Another doc joins am guessing she's one of the og like Dr. Kang. I need to watch seasons 1 and 2 now oh boy LoL.

Woo Jin, Eun Jae are engaged while Eun Tak, Ah Reum are a cp officially. Was confused I thought they were already together LoL?

Dr. Jang is staying and his late sis was one of Master Kim's proteges I guess LoL? 

Well that's it for me adios. And to the next drama. Stay safe y'all. XOXO.

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

Who was the doctor under the paper bag that stole evidence from the office of Eun Jae's dad?

Dr Lee, the naval officer who joined Doldam. 

A provocation...not real theft actually. Before he got exposed, the last scene in one episode showed him in the office and he opened the drawer. And in it, the paper bag with two eye-holes.

The last scene of someone with a luggage from LA is Dr Yoon, the 'crazy whale'.

Looking at how perfectly the episode wrapped up, I doubt there is season 4.:cries:

• Thanks 1

Han Suk Kyu, Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, And More Say Goodbye To “Dr. Romantic 3”

Han Suk Kyu, Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, And More Say Goodbye To “Dr. Romantic 3”

The main cast members of “Dr. Romantic 3” have shared their closing comments!

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 featured the return of Han Suk Kyu alongside Ahn Hyo SeopLee Sung Kyung, and more, joining several new cast members.

On June 17, “Dr. Romantic 3” aired its finale and cast members Han Suk Kyu, Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Min Jae, Yoon Na Moo, and So Ju Yeon bid farewell to viewers and the drama.

Han Suk Kyu, who starred in all three seasons of “Dr. Romantic,” played the genius Dr. Kim. He commented, “When we were doing Season 1, I couldn’t have even imagined Seasons 2 and 3. The reason ‘Dr. Romantic’ was able to continue for seven years is all thanks to the viewers’ support.

Dr. Kim is a character I portrayed for a long time, to the point where he takes up a significant part of my acting career. While living as Dr. Kim, I thought about living life in a meaningful way and was also comforted. I enjoyed the time in which I was able to create memories with viewers and I want to thank my colleagues and the staff I worked with. I hope that the romance of Dr. Kim continues on and I sincerely wish that everyone is always healthy and that everything you wish for comes true.”

In Season 3, Ahn Hyo Seop reprised his role as surgeon Seo Woo Jin. The actor commented, “I was endlessly happy to meet Seo Woo Jin again. It was an honor to join those I respect on this long journey. As every moment was a lesson for me, I think this will remain as an unforgettable memory and a piece of my life. I want to sincerely thank viewers who especially gave us lots of love.”

Season 2 star Lee Sung Kyung reprised her role as cardiothoracic surgeon Cha Eun Jae in the third season and showcased tons of character growth.

She remarked, “I sincerely thank the viewers who loved ‘Dr. Romantic 3’ and laughed and cried with us. I believe the viewers were the final member of ‘Doldam Avengers.’ Because of those who believed in, waited for, and loved us, we were able to gain strength from that support and get to this point.

I’m so happy we were all able to spend the third season of Doldam Hospital together.”

Kim Min Jae, who played nurse Park Eun Tak, also starred in all three seasons. Looking back at this time, Kim Min Jae shared, “After joining all the seasons, I am now bidding farewell for the third time as Park Eun Tak, but for some reason, this time I feel more regretful to send [the drama] off, I will miss it, and I feel choked up. I felt more touched the more I acted on this romance-filled set. I learned, felt, and experienced a ton and this was such a valuable period that I’m thankful for.

Because viewers sent so much love, I was able to act even more enjoyably with that strength.”

Yoon Na Moo is another star who appeared in all three seasons. Reflecting on his role as doctor Jung In Soo, Yoon Na Moo shared, “Although the final filming is over, I still can’t believe it. I will not forget the director, writer, and all the actors and staff for the rest of my life. It was such an honor to act as the character of Jung In Soo. Throughout Seasons 1 to 3, I think I was able to grow as a doctor and as an ordinary member of society.”

Also returning from Season 2 was So Ju Yeon, who portrayed emergency medicine doctor Yoon Ah Reum. She commented, “I’m happy that I was able to safely finish filming well along with the staff and Doldam family I was able to meet with again. Thanks to how we are always treated with love [by viewers], we were able to film up to Episode 16 well. As this is a project I have deep affection for, to the point where I bawled on the day of our last filming, I still feel like I have to head to work at Doldam Hospital.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594593wpp/han-suk-kyu-ahn-hyo-seop-lee-sung-kyung-and-more-say-goodbye-to-dr-romantic-3

Here are the ratings for Episode 16 * Last episode* :).

“Dr. Romantic 3” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “King The Land” And “See You In My 19th Life” Premiere To Strong Starts

“Dr. Romantic 3” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet; “King The Land” And “See You In My 19th Life” Premiere To Strong Starts

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 3” wrapped up on a new all-time high!

On June 17, the hit drama achieved its highest viewership ratings of the entire season for its finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Dr. Romantic 3” scored an average nationwide rating of 16.8 percent, making it the most-watched miniseries of Saturday—as well as the most-watched program in its time slot.

The finale of “Dr. Romantic 3” also earned the highest ratings of any program to air this week among the key demographic of viewers age 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 6.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1594651wpp/dr-romantic-3-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-king-the-land-and-see-you-in-my-19th-life-premiere-to-strong-starts

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

Apologies if this has already been posted but the Season 3 blu-ray pre-sale is underway. Please check this link to get the details in cafe daum: 

회원님 앞으로 [aliu0204]님의 다음카페 [SBS 드라마 낭만닥터 김사부3 감독판 Blu-ray/DVD 추진 카페] 초대장이 도착했어요.
http://kko.to/zSr7QcLGf1

Thanks in advance!

Regarding season 4, DrRomantic director YooInsik says on his post-drama interview that it's hard to guarantee as they have to know what they will do with the Trauma Center in the future & to match schedule with all cast, but he would love to everyone to look out for it

Talking about the chance of DrRomantic S4, writer Kang says that even after she was done with S1, she didn't think she would write for S2 & same went for S3. So about S4, she says that she's thinking of it.

Spoiler

Watch: Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Min Jae, And So Ju Yeon Get Shy Filming Kiss Scenes For “Dr. Romantic 3”

Watch: Ahn Hyo Seop, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Min Jae, And So Ju Yeon Get Shy Filming Kiss Scenes For “Dr. Romantic 3”

SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 3” has shared a making-of video from the final day of filming!

The “Dr. Romantic” series follows the stories of realistic doctors working at a rundown hospital in the countryside. Season 3 featured the return of Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung alongside Han Suk KyuKim Min JaeSo Ju YeonJin KyungIm Won HeeByun Woo MinJung Ji Ahn, and more, joining several new cast members.

The making-of clip kicks off with Lee Sung Kyung, Ahn Hyo Seop, and Kim Min Jae rehearsing for a scene wherein they are trying to find Dr. Kim (Han Suk Kyu) who went missing in an emergency.

Before filming starts, Lee Sung Kyung teases Kim Min Jae, saying, “I won’t be seen on television thanks to you covering [the camera].” Although they are filming in a hospital that is steamy and full of smoke, Lee Sung Kyung, Ahn Hyo Seop, and Kim Min Jae try to maintain a light atmosphere by exchanging hilarious poses and jokes.

dr.-romantic-3-2.jpg

The second half of the clip shows the emotional and romantic scenes of the two drama couples Park Eun Tak (Kim Min Jae) and Yoon Ah Reum (So Ju Yeon) as well as Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) and Cha Eun Jae (Lee Sung Kyung).

After successfully filming their kiss scene, Kim Min Jae and So Ju Yeon walk around aimlessly as if they are shy to face each other. At that moment, Lee Sung Kyung suddenly appears with her cell phone held up high as if she is taking a video and shouts, “Kiss!” drawing laughter on set.

making-of-01.jpg

The clip then goes on to show Ahn Hyo Seop and Lee Sung Kyung’s kiss scene this time. Lee Sung Kyung jokingly says on the bed, “I got proposed to while I was sleeping. It’s the first time in my life that I’ve worn an engagement ring even if this was acting.”

making-of-02.jpg

Watch the full clip below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Vc4ZNfQ3Q

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595885wpp/watch-ahn-hyo-seop-lee-sung-kyung-kim-min-jae-and-so-ju-yeon-get-shy-filming-kiss-scenes-for-dr-romantic-3

Looks like Season 4 is highly likely. Since the title is Romantic Doctor Kim, I am expecting some romance plot for Dr. Kim. Probably his former love interest (played by Kim hye soo) will be  brought back. Additionally, whoever casted HSK in this role, made the perfect choice! Good job! Kudos to cast and crew for an outstanding medical drama!