[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

23 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

@Mercipourleslivres Yes. Me too. What a way to describe his mum. A black hole that breaks down and consumes anything that comes near it and make it its own. No matter how you try to fill up the black hole, it will never be filled. And No matter what you say, the black hole will not respond. I can feel his hopelessness and helplessness towards his mum. 

It is really creepy that she doesn’t acknowledge that it was what she wants  but gives lame excuses such as uncle suggested it, or XCZ wants it etc... No wonder XCZ, with less patience, calls her out and points out the obvious. And that smile she has on is the worst... So not congruent. You can feel the unspoken wrath and malice she feels but she is smiling calmly... eeewwww

it was really quite funny reading how some Chinese netizens (male) complained about having difficulties falling asleep after seeing her character on tv.

18 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Looking at how LX’s mum cut up LX’s childhood photos with JJ and ZQ, I am also wondering whether LX is fearful of his mum doing bodily harm to JJ. That could be the reason why he dashed back when he found out that his mum saw JJ outside his flat and asked for JJ to open the door for her. That could also be the reason why LX told JJ to stay away from his mum and if she sees his mum again to run the opposite direction and as far as possible.

XCZ also insisted in telling both ZQ and JJ about what the mum did to LX’s photos back in Singapore. “They need to know how crazy our mum can get so that they are better prepared.” XCZ explained. This is like a premonition of things to come...

Furthermore, tomorrow’s episode will show XCZ siding ZQ when mum accused ZQ of evil intentions to have XCZ working in his cafe. Mum may begin to feel the desperation of her children pulling away from her. In retaliation, she may hurt JJ so that she is removed from their lives...

That woman scares me. She is crazy

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@Marcelle Ines

She scares me too. She knew what to do to cause maximum damage and hurt. She had been observing her son and knew the shoes and photos meant a lot to him and she destroyed them. She could calmly say “I threw your shoes away because they are worn out, I’ll buy you a new pair. You don’t need these photos cos you will see the persons daily...” 

LX should be given sainthood for staying with her...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Looking at how LX’s mum cut up LX’s childhood photos with JJ and ZQ, I am also wondering whether LX is fearful of his mum doing bodily harm to JJ. That could be the reason why he dashed back when he found out that his mum saw JJ outside his flat and asked for JJ to open the door for her. That could also be the reason why LX told JJ to stay away from his mum and if she sees his mum again to run the opposite direction and as far as possible.

XCZ also insisted in telling both ZQ and JJ about what the mum did to LX’s photos back in Singapore. “They need to know how crazy our mum can get so that they are better prepared.” XCZ explained. This is like a premonition of things to come...

Furthermore, tomorrow’s episode will show XCZ siding ZQ when mum accused ZQ of evil intentions to have XCZ working in his cafe. Mum may begin to feel the desperation of her children pulling away from her. In retaliation, she may hurt JJ so that she is removed from their lives...

Omg o_o 

That would be dramatic...I wondered why LX rushed back so quickly. His mom is probably capable of anything what with her mental problems...

I’m liking little orange more and more. Her mom is the one doing the brainwashing. It’s good HZQ is there to poke holes in that bs. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

@Marcelle Ines

She scares me too. She knew what to do to cause maximum damage and hurt. She had been observing her son and knew the shoes and photos meant a lot to him and she destroyed them. She could calmly say “I threw your shoes away because they are worn out, I’ll buy you a new pair. You don’t need these photos cos you will see the persons daily...” 

LX should be given sainthood for staying with her...                                                     True  I am so happy at how he lashed out at her. I want him to sever connection and only send money if she needs it or move to another country . She is crazy 

• Like 2

Sigh... I am really tired of LX’s mum scenes. Too long drawn... they spend too much time making people really disliked this character....with 4 episodes left. 

The way the netizens complained, sounded like death for her is the only acceptable closure.

My fear is that with 4 episodes left, they will rush through and not give LX and his mum’s relationship a proper closure...this may taint the enjoyment of the whole drama

• Like 2

I really really hate JJ partners boyfriend.  He is really a piece of garbage. He was smiling and happy that JJ got accused of plagiarism and even try to influence JJ partner thoughts and destroy their friendship.  I don't know what that senior sees in him. He is a lazy worker who only wants to reap benefits. 

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/170163791.html?weibo_id=4545193828948973

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Sigh... I am really tired of LX’s mum scenes. Too long drawn... they spend too much time making people really disliked this character....with 4 episodes left. 

The way the netizens complained, sounded like death for her is the only acceptable closure.

My fear is that with 4 episodes left, they will rush through and not give LX and his mum’s relationship a proper closure...this may taint the enjoyment of the whole drama

Agree, LX’s mom made my blood boiled, not good for health, fortunately there was cute scene of HM and Li dad. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

:joy::joy::joy:

Me me me 

I love how HM just say matter of fact that she likes to be JJ stepmother now. :joy: Rendering  Li papa to speechless and happiness at the same time. He is always such a gentleman and he already won her over long time ago when she saw how he loves children and how he treats ZQ on first meeting.  After all these years, he is still the same heartwarming man who loves children. 

Li papa hurry up and marry HM so that she can put CT in her place if she ever step on any of the kids.

Hahaha. They were a much needed dose of happiness and cuteness in today's episodes. 

But my goodness, SWL's acting today for LX's scenes were just superb. This boy has a bright future ahead of him.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, luluponyazn said:

Hahaha. They were a much needed dose of happiness and cuteness in today's episodes. 

But my goodness, SWL's acting today for LX's scenes were just superb. This boy has a bright future ahead of him.

I’m rooting for SWL after all the backlash it’s good to see him do so well in this episode

why do I feel even though everyone hates CT they may still try to reconcile everything it’s going to make me so mad but a lot of Chinese dramas do that So it won’t surprise me I just want her gone

I’m really liking XCZ she’s a little bratty but who wouldn’t be with that kind of mom I love her scene with ZQ when she was telling him that LX did want to go back to China but she asked him to stay because she was scared to be the only one with her crazy mom I want to see her be free and grow to be independent she’s already on the path to freedom since she’s working at ZQ cafe and in the preview she’s fighting back about ZQ family not being as bad as her mom is making them out to be

• Like 4

I was so disheartened by the attitude of someone in this thread, that I could not make any more posts.  But I just have to "share" the following pieces of informations with you all:

Piece 1

Director Ding Ziguang's Analysis of Song Wei Long's Performance in "Go Ahead",  And As An Actor

It is worth mentioning that Song Wei Long who has cooperated with Ding Ziguang many times, has also been highly recognized for his performance in the play.  

Director Ding Ziguang said:  "I never think that Wei Long is an actor who shows his age. Even though he is the youngest, his eyes are full of drama. He is an actor who can act with his eyes. "

In a scene where Ling Xiao confronted his mother, Song Wei Long had been brewing his feelings for a long time, and Ding Ziguang on the other side of the monitor was moved to tears through the final emotional explosion.

Piece 2 (From A Reviewer)

"Song Wei Long's Ling Xiao character in the play is relatively calm.  Most viewers think that Ling Xiao's character is too weak.  He dare not stand up to his mother, Chen Ting and as a result he regresses into "Depression".

Although the role of Ling Xiao has shortcomings, Song Wei Long's acting skills are really impeccable.

If you still insist on questioning his acting ability, then I can only say one thing.  Song Wei Long is too handsome.  Therefore some people are jealous of him. Song Wei Long portrays Ling Xiao's role very clearly. It is a living person, not just a character."

Happy Viewing!  Relish it while it still lasts

• Like 8
  • Love 1

LX character is not easy to act as an abused victim who has been conditioned to repressed his feelings for long time. They will not show any emotion out front. Occasionally they will show a slow smile like we see often in SWL portrayal LX. It's easier to act a happy character than a repressed character that only emote through eyes, body and face. They don't show an outburst of emotion like JJ or ZQ. They observe others most of the time and then they react accordingly. SWL portrayal of LX is point on. The way his silent expression of sadness and desperation to feeling lost in his eyes to how his eyes light up literally whenever he sees JJ. SWL body language of LX -  how he shakes with anger and fear at CT yet couldn't voice out. When he finally did voiced out his anger, his voice shakes with fear. As a child, he grew up in fear of his mom and that fear carries it into his adulthood whenever his mom starts going crazy. Yes he did have a long period where he lives away from his crazy mom and became better. But we must remember...his fear was never treated. So even at 18 or 27 , when facing his mom, his childhood fear resurface. Traumatised victim always shakes in fear when face their aggressor. Hands and body will shake so much that you will even burst out crying. One has no control over it. That's the scene we saw last night ... LX was shaking when he confront his mom for cutting the pictures and his desperation to go find the shoes (his security blanket like toddlers/young kids has their favourite smelly blanket or stuff toys to feel in security) and he as literally breaking down at the lift when Little Orange told him that she has kept it for him secretly.  He had to lock himself in the staircase area from Little Orange because he doesn't want her to see him breaking down. She is afraid of his mom n he has to appear strong in front of her to give her comfort and strength just like our parents. So I have to say ... if we were to connect all the scenes of LX from teenager to now, we can see that SWL did an excellent job as LX. 

LX character on surface seems easy to act as it always appears calm, collected and not much expression, occasional smiles and laughter. If this role was given to an actor who can't act with the eyes, it will come out very flat. We viewers will not be so invested in LX as we do now.  So if we were to look carefully on all the scenes of LX,  we will see the nuances in SWL expression. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

I’m rooting for SWL after all the backlash it’s good to see him do so well in this episode

why do I feel even though everyone hates CT they may still try to reconcile everything it’s going to make me so mad but a lot of Chinese dramas do that So it won’t surprise me I just want her gone

I’m really liking XCZ she’s a little bratty but who wouldn’t be with that kind of mom I love her scene with ZQ when she was telling him that LX did want to go back to China but she asked him to stay because she was scared to be the only one with her crazy mom I want to see her be free and grow to be independent she’s already on the path to freedom since she’s working at ZQ cafe and in the preview she’s fighting back about ZQ family not being as bad as her mom is making them out to be

Yea, I've grown to quite love XCZ as well. She's probably the one kid with the saddest life among all of the young ones, so it's amazing that she's still turned out okay.

The scene in Singapore where she saved his shoes just broke my heart. These two poor kids. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

@Marcelle Ines

LX should be given sainthood for staying with her...

She is doing the same now by visiting his dental clinic often and invading his personal space in his apartment.  She is passive aggressor.  By leaving her imprint/presence in all those places he works and lives in, he will subconsciously be reminded of her presence every single  minute even when she is not there. His fear will eat him mentally. 

Hahaha...kudos to the actress who portray CT. She is so good and convincing that she can even instill fears on screen to viewers. Her facial n eyes expressions are excellent. Her eyes can pierce the viewers.:joy:

I do not know how the Writers are going to end CT character ... something drastically happened to LX that she will wake up and get treated? 

Little Orange is now in safe hands of Little Brother ZQ. I can see Li papa incl Little Orange as youngest of his brood of kids. :joy:

• Like 4

@hush puppy I do notice that the netizens can get really critical of SWL's acting.  But I am seriously impressed with his acting in this drama. I agree; his eyes can really act. So many of the scenes he had with LX's mum was so good, I wanted to swoop down and rescue him away from her.  So many of the scenes he had with JJ was so good too.  i like the scene where he left the eatery out of frustration and JJ ran after him.  JJ asked what he did when he was in Singapore... He talked about thinking of her, missing home etc...  he looked so vulnerable then... My maternal instincts were stirred.  If JJ did not hug him, i would... He gave off very mature vibes as an actor for someone so young.  Well done! 

I have also noticed that certain Chinese netizens can get quite heated up; moreover, they have a lot of power and can do serious damage to actors/actresses' career.  i recall Xiao Zhan (肖战) debacle.  He was so sought after even had a major role to play during the Lunar New Year Celebration Show ( an annual event; a very important variety show that all actors/actresses want to appear on). For reasons not within his control or even his fault, he suffered all the backlash due to heated arguments between fans... now his drama series are in cold storage...

SWL appeared quite reticent in many of the recent interviews which seemed different from his earlier interviews. To navigate the harsh realities of show business industry at such a young age must not be easy and very likely will take a toll.  I really hope he has a good mentor to guide him.

• Like 6

The actress who acted as LX's mum (Yang Tong Shu) has been posting on her own weibo site about her reactions and thoughts to some of the scenes from the drama as well as reacting to netizens' reactions to her character in the drama.  She was really quite candid and told netizens to leave comments they have for LX's mum to her and she will let LX's mum know.

In one of her posts, she commented that she was really happy to have met SWL whose acting was great and she really enjoyed those scenes where they needed to act alongside each other. It was a very satisfying experience for her.

For those who reads chinese, here's her weibo page.  https://weibo.com/yangtongshu07?is_all=1

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I think JJ is going to spy on Li papa and HM at the bookstore. She is trying to rope ZQ in the espionage but ZQ will play no part in it. Do u think ZQ will finally go too?

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/170207264.html?weibo_id=4545387589800472

I think he will, i miss JJ and ZQ’s shenanigans lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1