[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

Lynne

Preview for tomorrow episode LX mom trick his female dentist coworker into thinking that she invite all his coworkers to dinner so she was asking am I the only one here awkward lol finally the slam of table scene happens his mom keeps pushing him he says stop having these kind of things happening I have a girlfriend she keeps saying she doesn’t like JJ and he says I’m not telling u to like her in the end she says she hates her than LX slams the table 

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/170532144.html?weibo_id=4545893628642956

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

Preview for tomorrow episode LX mom trick his female dentist coworker into thinking that she invite all his coworkers to dinner so she was asking am I the only one here awkward lol finally the slam of table scene happens his mom keeps pushing him he says stop having these kind of things happening I have a girlfriend she keeps saying she doesn’t like JJ and he says I’m not telling u to like her in the end she says she hates her than LX slams the table 

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/170532144.html?weibo_id=4545893628642956

It seems LX already lost his patience in facing CT, like us viewers LOL. But i need to thumbs up the actress who play CT, she is marvelous 

• Like 1

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4546104252695421

BTV did an interview with the actress who acted as LX’s mum. She mentioned that to her, CT is sick. For CT to say and act the way she did, she had to be sick. That’s how she prepared for CT’s role. She talked about how family of origin can contribute to how a mother relate to her children. And it is important for a mother to be aware of that and not pass the issue to the child.

Like what we saw in the drama, CT’s mother (LX’s grandma) was not the best mother or grandma. She refused to do much to help with raising LX (when CT left LX) but expected LX to be filial to them. Never once did she thank Li Ba but thought the worst of him and JJ. Ling Ba who is an escapist (when ex wife was quarrelling all the time after daughter’s death) at least tried to fulfill his duty towards LX’s grandma (who would call Ling Ba to carry out miscellaneous tasks so that. in her own words, LX does not forget this grandma). When grandma was ill, he brought LX to the hospital and stayed with them. He never said bad things about CT to LX no matter how horrible her behaviour was and even tried to reframe it to something positive.

So much negativity from her family of origin, that’s probably one reason why CT is one of the worst characters in the drama. Just look at CT’s brother, forced LX when he was so young to take care of CT alone in Singapore... couldn’t he had flown CT back and play a role too? A very very selfish and negative family.... XCZ was like that too. Thankfully, she had the influence of LX (seeing him contributing quietly, taking care of her) and ZQ guiding her. 

I am ready to see CT getting treatment or at least declared with mental illness in the last 2 episodes. That is the only way to soothe all the hurt we see LX suffer in her hands.

• Like 3

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4546271111552846

Li Ba and HM are getting married!!!!

The truth is OUT!!!! Now we know why CT hates JJ, Li Ba, ZQ and Ling Ba. I believe that includes LX too. In a conversation between MY, JJ and TC, MY discloses why she thinks CT hates JJ. This is because they knew her past (she went out to play mahjong and locked the kids at home). She believed they were judging her for the daughter’s death!!! She hated them for judging her. That’s why she had been punishing

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4546272318458298

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4546271111552846

Li Ba and HM are getting married!!!!

The truth is OUT!!!! Now we know why CT hates JJ, Li Ba, ZQ and Ling Ba. I believe that includes LX too. In a conversation between MY, JJ and TC, MY discloses why she thinks CT hates JJ. This is because they knew her past (she went out to play mahjong and locked the kids at home). She believed they were judging her for the daughter’s death!!! She hated them for judging her. That’s why she had been punishing

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4546272318458298

Yes everyone knows her dark past and she couldn't deal with her own guilt over her daughter's death. She prefers to hide and runaway n blame everyone else.  It's also the same reason why she thinks everyone in the neighbourhood judged her for that when in fact nobody judges her. And also the fact that every time she sees LX n Ling papa, she is reminded constantly she is the cause of her daughter's death. The sight of JJ also reminded her of the daughter she lost and if not for her negligence and mistake, her daughter would have been still alive.

• Like 3

What a sweet ending.  All it takes is for 3rd party like the colleague to tell CT straight off and asked her to read the article that JJ wrote. I guess the timing was just right and CT was in one of her lucid moment where her conscience eats her alive and  made her realises her wrong doing. Thankfully her attempt at suicide failed and was saved by strangers. If she had died, she would have made LX feel guilty further. 

I'm still not happy that Ling Papa never tell LX that he is not at fault when LX told him about dreaming of his sister n repayment to his mom. The script writer should not just leave it as that. If they have strengthen that part and added another dialogue when CT was at hospital... apologise personally to LX for blaming him n reassure him that it is not his fault as well as for abandoning him n mistreating him ... that would be perfect. That was the weak link that might have made the drame perfect.

• Like 3

The ending was anticlimactic they rushed the ending like I thought they would and made CT change too fast is there really a big stigma against mental health y after everything CT still isn't getting help I worry for XCZ that went back to Singapore with her nobody told LX it wasn't his fault his sister died that was one of the biggest thing they should have done Everything else that happened was what I expected 

Plagiarism problem solved 

Spoiler

LX mom trying to set him up with colleague 

Spoiler

After suicide attempt everything is just a ok ignore past problems LOL 

Spoiler

XCZ and LX mom leaving I will never trust this lady lol

Spoiler

Happy ZQ his mom pick him up because he did bring umbrella to work 

Spoiler

Ending with Li dad and HM getting wedding photos even until the end LX and JJ kissing gets interrupted 

Spoiler

• Like 4

@cheekychipmunk_stv Frankly, I am not completely satisfied with the drama’s wrap up for CT’s portion of the story. It felt very forced. She had been so angry and bitter for so long. Her actions and words had showed forth that bitterness and anger all targetted at LX. She had all these crazy outbursts...Suddenly, drama explained it as selfish love which stamped from insecurities. It doesn’t add up. How she screamed and blamed LX for killing his sister? How is that not explained. How she cuts up his photos and threw away his priced shoes? 

Yes. I’m very upset that even CT gets an apology from Ling Ba and LX gets nothing from anyone!!! I’m going to take it that Ling Ba did have the heart to heart talk but drama didn’t show and assumed we know. But CT owes him that apology. If drama wants to give CT clarity of mind then she should apologise for that horrible accusation thrown at LX. 

XX’s (LX’s colleague) pointing CT to JJ’s anonymous letter is the turning point for CT is really too shoddy a way for CT to receive insight to her behaviour. It makes the counselling and mental health profession a mockery.

At least, her suicide was not complete and I love how LX told her to live on if she was truly sorry and so that she could make amends. 

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Go Ahead 以家人之名

I’m really sad it’s over, i love the final, though i think CT’s story was too rushed.

Anyway Go Ahead is really wonderful drama, and the acting of all leads and the supporting actresses and actors are great. 

Thank you to all the ladies here, i really enjoy reading your comments and insights. 

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I'm still not happy that Ling Papa never tell LX that he is not at fault when LX told him about dreaming of his sister n repayment to his mom. The script writer should not just leave it as that. If they have strengthen that part and added another dialogue when CT was at hospital... apologise personally to LX for blaming him n reassure him that it is not his fault as well as for abandoning him n mistreating him ... that would be perfect. That was the weak link that might have made the drame perfect.

I agree, Ling dad should be surprised LX blamed himself for his sister’s death, that scene is really heartbroken to watch 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dundee said:

I’m really sad it’s over, i love the final, though i think CT’s story was too rushed.

Anyway Go Ahead is really wonderful drama, and the acting of all leads and the supporting actresses and actors are great. 

Thank you to all the ladies here, i really enjoy reading your comments and insights. 

I agree, Ling dad should be surprised LX blamed himself for his sister’s death, that scene is really heartbroken to watch 

agree

i feel ling dad should have tried to console his son that his sister's death is not his fault as he is a victim too. but Ling Dad didn't ! i was upset why he did not say it. I am sure he is sad that ling xiao is still having nitemares of his dead sister, right? as a dad, how can he just assume that his son will be mentally strong enough to over come that past all by himself.

show's over, i am happy with the last family picture taken - so fun and hilarious

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Dundee said:

@luvhollandlop

@Dundee

The biggest pet peeve of mine was that Ling dad did look shock n surprised but he said nothing!! Arrggh ... the dialogue stop short there. And when LX told him that there were times he wanted so much to ask his dad to come and bring him home, Ling papa should have said " Son, I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me. You should have called me and I would have brought you home no matter what." 

Then the phone conversation with CT, I thought he would have told CT that LX has been blaming himself for the death of his sister n have been dreaming of her all these years and thought it was his punishment to look after u and causing you to be like that. Now that would have been a better exit for CT guilt over how she treated LX. But he said nothing... just begged her to let LX off and let him live his life. :confounded:

Ending should be LX telling his mom that she should seek psychiatrist treatment at the hospital bed scene and that CT agree to it. None of his parents admitted their mistake and corrected LX off his guilt!!! Arrgghh!

Instead of expanding on MY parents story ... they could have spent that amount of time on Ling family clearing up all the years of guilt and burden. Perhaps the writer didn't know how to wrap it up due to short of time. 

It's good that LX father apologised to CT for the failure on his part during their marriage. It's a closure that CT needs too in her heart.  I think a lot of people are not happy with how CT is cleared off her mistreatment of LX. 

I love the whole drama ... it was excellent except the handling of LX/Ling Papa n CT part. It's was a bit anti-climax. But it all make up with the wedding scene part. They should at least give us a kiss between LX and JJ. 

• Like 5

At 8:20pm on September 6, Tan Songyun released a photo on the studio and sent a message saying goodbye to "Go Ahead". Tan Songyun said: "The most glaring similarity between Jianjian and me is that we are the kind of people who healed our lives during childhood. We grew up in a loving environment.   She became the'inexplicably optimistic' girl, and I am a girl who has the ability to'absorb effective energy'.

Also on September 6, Song Wei Long posted a photo on the set to bid farewell to "Go Ahead". Song Wei Long said: "I am very happy to be able to walk into Lingxiao's life. It is really unforgettable. "Go Ahead" is over, but mutual healing and love are still spreading. Everyone's encouragement and opinions are accepted and I will continue to make good efforts in life."

Still on September 6, Zhang Xincheng sent a long message farewell to "Go Ahead" and talked about his understanding of "home": "The three families without blood relationship guard each other, heal each other, and then become a 'family.' It seems to follow He Ziqiu, crying and laughing, growing up all the way, and finally happy. Home may be the strongest and most vulnerable part of everyone's heart! Slowly you will find that, there is always a harbor where you can always Stop, that's home."

• Like 3

I'm ok with the ending, not very satisfying because of the feeling of being rushed but there are very few dramas with endings that satisfy everybody. I was just amazed that everything got solved in just a couple of last episodes but overall, I'm good with the ending. 

I'm happy that LX and JJ issues with his mom was solved, a bit shallowly but still promising end that she won't be mean for the next decade or so.

I'm glad that HM and Ling Papa got married and it was HM who "pursued" their happiness. 

Even the issues of the girl friends were sort of resolved.  I'm just glad the main characters caught a break after such anguish. 

• Like 3

Though the ratings drop below 2%, It still got first place both on tv and online, so i think many people like the drama. I have successfully persuade my sister to watch this, and she loves it, so happy lol, she’s more into k-drama than c-drama lol
https://dramapanda.com/2020/09/c-drama-ratings-and-celeb-rankings-week-starting-aug-31.html

• Like 1