[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

Caught the raw version of 17-20

I seriously love their love story. Even from the beginning when Fang Leng started to show his feelings for her without realizing it himself he loves her like no other. The way he quick to apologize when he knew he made a mistake, the way he let's her get away with stuff and even when her silly self gets on his nerves lol he still give into her ways. Through his clouded memories of her, in his own way his love never wavered. Fang Leng was never mean to her he just wasn't used to her ways...and when he did he pretty much love her unconditionally. It's such a treat to watch the ML love the FL this way. 

I love episode 18...

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved today's episodes. No dragging. Will rewatch this night.
The previews are looking great and our "Minion" strikes next week. I'm curious if he did it without Wannabe's consent. And FangLeng's heart is still weak and making troubles. Funny, but drinking alcohol and having a Tennis match shortly after it is totally okay in Dramaland. :mrgreen:

36 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

The previews are looking great and our "Minion" strikes next week. I'm curious if he did it without Wannabe's consent. And FangLeng's heart is still weak and making troubles. Funny, but drinking alcohol and having a Tennis match shortly after it is totally okay in Dramaland. :mrgreen:

Dramaland is definitely an excellent way to escape reality. Where things that are impossible became possible and we love it:D I am looking forward to the minion striking our Alien because our Human Hero will be there to save her. So, in a sense the minion is doing us a favor by giving us more Fang Leng and Xiao Qi together...so thank you wannabe bad people :P

Every episode seemed so short. And Miss Jiang....poor soul. Fang Leng doesn't let an opportunity pass to put her in her place lol

37 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

Every episode seemed so short. And Miss Jiang....poor soul. Fang Leng doesn't let an opportunity pass to put her in her place lol

But it is good to be that outspoken. Indecision on the male side often is misunderstood as agreement in Dramaworld.
And I can't feel sorry for her. In Destiny's Love I had a serious case of "sympathy for the devil" (both) but here the character is a bit too underdeveloped for it. Probably for the reason that she is a trigger only...alike FangLei.

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

Are you talking about the previews for episode 21-24. Because I can’t find them anywhere 

20 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

But it is good to be that outspoken. Indecision on the male side often is misunderstood as agreement in Dramaworld.
And I can't feel sorry for her. In Destiny's Love I had a serious case of "sympathy for the devil" (both) but here the character is a bit too underdeveloped for it. Probably for the reason that she is a trigger only...alike FangLei.

In my head I somewhat feel sorry for her but when I see her on screen, she deserves it. I have watched plenty of dramas where the ML is wishy washy and it was annoying. I don't take a character like Fang Leng for granted cause it usually doesn't come by often. With or without his memory he didn't lead her on. At the banquet is a perfect example. He could've said something to give her false hope but he never did. He puts a stop to it before it materialized. 

Now Xiao Qi on the other hand, she's too generous hahhaha. She has the tendency of wanting them to spend time alone. I don't know if she has the jealous function because even in later episodes she still try to get away from them lol. I want to thank the writer for being team Fang Leng and Xiao Qi. Because there are so...so many good moments to choose from. Every episode they have some sort of interactions. 

Totally agree with @ash1999 and @usagi1997 about the awesomeness of the ML not being wishy-washy! I love how Fang Leng is very clear on what he doesn't want, even if he doesn't admit what he wants. And yeah! I love that the main couple always have swoony interactions every episode - even when they're separate, they are always close. On a separate note, I'm amazed by how much you guys understand even though you need translations :sweatingbullets:

Oh, and sorry when I said the previews would be released today. They are, but not on the official YT channel. The Tencent site does have it, and I found one on YT that's not all chopped up in random episodes. There is only one frame and sentence cut off in the beginning (of every ep preview, I think). It does say 21-25, but it's only 24. Edit: Official trailers are up! Replacing them in my posts.

I haven't watched Ep17-20 but GAH. The previews are FRUSTRATING.

Episode 21 Preview Translation:

Fang Leng: So what would you say our relationship is?
XQ: Friends, of course. (WHY!)

XQ: Why is he here?
Fang Leng: You said, I’ve hurt you enough. I want to make up for all the hurt I caused.

Fang Lie: You’re the one who played with people’s feelings. I’ve always been serious towards XQ.
Fang Leng: But she’s my girlfriend. This is between us.
Fang Lie: So you insist on fighting me then? (He means like snatching from him)
Fang Leng: Aside from her, I can give you anything.

Fang Lie: I like you.
XQ: First Fang Leng, now Fang Lie. Have they both gone mad?
XB: You need to ask yourself. Who do you like between them?

Fang Lie: From now on, we’ll compete fairly.
Fang Leng: If you think you’ll get her by winning me, you’re wrong. I won’t go easy on you.

Fang Lie: Come here.
XQ: What is it?
Fang Leng: Fang Lie.
Fang Lie: Bro.

(ridiculous male posturing)

XQ: If you don’t mind, how about both of you teach me together?
Fang Lie: Smartass.

Like I said, I haven't watched the new episodes but from the previews, didn't she realise her feelings?? Why are they still FRIENDS. GAH. And Fang Lie! Why would he do that when he knows how everyone feels? I hate it when they insert second ML like two-thirds into the drama when you know it's not going to go anywhere, and is just for the sake of unnecessary drama. GRR. 

Episode 22 Preview Translation:

Reporter: Recently, the CEO of Future Group was exposed as having amnesia. (report: the company has been affected by this news.)
Noisy people complaining: Why were we not told of us? Amnesia?! Such bad news for the company!
Man: Mr. Fang, as CEO, how can this happen to you? You need to give us an explanation.
Fang Leng: I agree with a change of CEO. I believe this will only quieten down once I resign.

XQ: Was he discovered because of me?

Doc: What’s wrong? Are you ok?
Fang Leng: Get the medicine!

Evil mum: Are you still worried about him?
JX: I’ve never once regretted what I’ve done.

Fang Leng is surrounded by reporters as he is attacked by pain.

Fang Leng: Xiao Qi. (so awesome that he finally sees her power again!)
XQ: Let’s go. Come on!
XQ: Are you alright?
Fang Leng: Everyone only asks about the company. You’re the first person to ask how am I.

XQ: Everyone forgets things. It’s just that the things you forget may be a tiny bit, slightly more than others. (So cute - she’s comforting him the way he comforted her when she felt she didn’t belong.)

Episode 23 Preview Translation:

XQ: Ms. Chai, have you seen my turtle?

Ms.C: Isn’t it in your room?
XQ: No, she’s not. I’ve looked everywhere.

Fang Lie: Yesterday, when XQ lost her pet, she immediately came to me. Bro, what do you think that means?

Fang Leng: What do you think if I’m not the CEO of this company?
XQ: How would I do whatever I wanted then? Just the thought of it is quite disappointing.

Fang Lie: How about I replace my brother? I guarantee, I’ll be much better than my brother.

Minion: Ms. Chai.
XQ: You are…
Minion: Who I am is not important. What is important is - who are you?

JX: If he gets my support, doesn’t it solve all the problems? (NOT THIS AGAIN.)
Stupid Dad: You mean…
JX: You get the say. Make Fang Leng marry me immediately.

Stupid Dad: Fang Leng, marry Jiang Xue.

Minion: Tell me where the gemstone and you are from. Then I’ll let your pet go.

Episode 24 Preview Translation:

Stupid Dad: Even if you don’t like Jiang Xue, don’t you care for this family at all?
Fang Leng: So you want me to make a decision between Xiao Qi and the Fang family?

Fang Lie: Xiao Qi, shall we elope?

Fang Leng: As long as I give up on Xiao Qi, all the problems will be solved.

Fang Lie: You won’t end up with him, even if you wanted to. And he will never choose you.
XQ: Why?
Fang Lie: Because he’s different from me. I can be childish, and I can be indulgent. But he can’t.
(Ohhh I hope XQ isn’t wishy-washy either and puts her foot down.)

Fang Leng: If you’re here to talk about joining in marriage, I can give you my answer now. (I have confidence in you! Don’t let me down.)

XQ looks sick and is abducted by Minion.
Assistant Han: No one’s answering. Has something happened?
Fang Leng: The press launch is starting soon. Send someone to pick her up from the restaurant.

Evil Minion cuts XQ and sees her blue blood.

Fang Leng: I have a feeling that something’s happened to her. Postpone the press launch. Let’s find Xiao Qi first.

XQ: Then you have to hurry. If you don’t hurry, I might die soon. Then your experiment will be really useless.

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

Episode 23 Preview Translation:

Reveal hidden contents

XQ: Ms. Chai, have you seen my turtle?

Ms.C: Isn’t it in your room?
XQ: No, she’s not. I’ve looked everywhere.

Fang Lie: Yesterday, when XQ lost her pet, she immediately came to me. Bro, what do you think that means?

Fang Leng: What do you think if I’m not the CEO of this company?
XQ: How would I do whatever I wanted then? Just the thought of it is quite disappointing.

Fang Lie: How about I replace my brother? I guarantee, I’ll be much better than my brother.

Minion: Ms. Chai.
XQ: You are…
Minion: Who I am is not important. What is important is - who are you?

JX: If he gets my support, doesn’t it solve all the problems? (NOT THIS AGAIN.)
Stupid Dad: You mean…
JX: You get the say. Make Fang Leng marry me immediately.

Stupid Dad: Fang Leng, marry Jiang Xue.

Minion: Tell me where the gemstone and you are from. Then I’ll let your pet go.

Episode 24 Preview Translation:

Reveal hidden contents

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/gy9azl8fq6bc59i/k0031va0v05.html

Stupid Dad: Even if you don’t like Jiang Xue, don’t you care for this family at all?
Fang Leng: So you want me to make a decision between Xiao Qi and the Fang family?

Fang Lie: Xiao Qi, shall we elope?

Fang Leng: As long as I give up on Xiao Qi, all the problems will be solved.

Fang Lie: You won’t end up with him, even if you wanted to. And he will never choose you.
XQ: Why?
Fang Lie: Because he’s different from me. I can be childish, and I can be indulgent. But he can’t.
(Ohhh I hope XQ isn’t wishy-washy either and puts her foot down.)

Fang Leng: If you’re here to talk about joining in marriage, I can give you my answer now. (I have confidence in you! Don’t let me down.)

XQ looks sick and is abducted by Minion.
Assistant Han: No one’s answering. Has something happened?
Fang Leng: The press launch is starting soon. Send someone to pick her up from the restaurant.

Evil Minion cuts XQ and sees her blue blood.

Fang Leng: I have a feeling that something’s happened to her. Postpone the press launch. Let’s find Xiao Qi first.

XQ: Then you have to hurry. If you don’t hurry, I might die soon. Then your experiment will be really useless.

Thanks a bunch for translating the previews. Talking about being a spoiled Alien lol. She's just worried that she won't be able to lazy around. If Fang Lie takes over she'll probably be worst cause they both don't seem to do much. Since she started to work for Fang Leng I haven't seen her do anything useful until he threatened to demote them to the construction site hahaha.

There's so much to love about episode 20. And Xiao Qi looks so pretty in her dress. When I watched "when we were young" Wan Peng looks like a different person in there vs here. She seemed to mature in her looks and it suited her.

I always like watching a jealous Fang Leng. And every time he throws Fang Lie in her face, Xiao Qi always give this dumb look lol. I don't think she'll ever able to figure that part out because she doesn't seem to have it. 

I don't know what I'll do when I get hooked on another drama and there are no spoilers. This drama spoiled me so much every drama should put out a bunch of spoilers where I feel like I already watched all those episodes lol

The scene where Xiao Qi thought of Fang Leng and ends up in his room the way she touched his chest in front of Miss Jiang to see if it's real or a dream. She has no shame and I love it. What made it even better is the way Fang Leng dismissed and got rid of Miss Jiang so eloquently that she didn't even realize it hahhaha.

Where Xiao Qi is from I am starting to believe they must use Yuan as well cause the girl is all about the money lol. But it doesn't seem to bother Fang Leng. Xiao Qi can be the best gold digger in the world he would still like her. In fact, in the beginning I think he prefers for her to love his money anyway so he doesn't have to do anything :D

1 minute ago, NEVERending said:

What episode does fang Leng remember XQ. I hate JX rn. Bloody hell they’d just started getting together. 

Episode 20...but before that he started to remembered bits and pieces. I don't mind Miss Jiang all that much. Only because Fang Leng is firm in what he wants. And she isn't it hahaha. He doesn't use her to make Xiaoqi jealous or give her anything more than there is between them. If he doesn't want her around he has always been direct and no matter how much he thinks he can't stand Xiaoqi, he would not let Miss Jiang bullied her. And I find that so attractive about Fang Leng.

I like the part when Fang Leng compared the two women.

Even one is nice (Miss Jiang) I will forgive him since his memories are whacked lol. That he doesn't want to get close.

The other has shortcomings from head to toe but he wants to get closer. 

So for all the flaws that Fang Leng saw in Xiaoqi and even if his memories are blurred he would still pick her. The heart will be true to itself even if the mind isn't.

how come there are only 6 pages in this thread?

I frankly expected a lot more or is this show underrated?

I guess the majority of Soompi users are more into K-drama's.

Anyway, I think this drama is a masterpiece!

The main leads are doing such a good job, especially Xiao Qi and her facial expressions. She's such a scene stealer, every time she appears the others becomes blurry in my eyes haha

It's been a while since I've laughed that much watching a drama. This show has become my all time favorite romcom tv series haha

can't wait for the last 8 eps

Since we are only 3 people regular posting 6 pages are quite many. There are few bigger productions who already ended and have less. If there are too little, just add some posts. :wink:
The show isn't underrated. As far I know, it is quite popular. It is just a Webdrama and doesn't have such a wide range like TV Drama. Not everyone can watch Drama onlien but most people do have access to TV.

And that Korean Dramas are more popular here isn't quite a surprise. Soompi is a plattform for promoting Korean Entertainment worldwide. There isn't really something alike for Chinese Entertainment even when it is bigger.

1 hour ago, ash1999 said:

@usagi1997 Xiaoqi needs to stop running away from her man. How can she leaves him standing there all by himself? Beside him saying I love you, he can't be more obvious hahhaha. Anyhow, I can't stress just how much I like Fang Leng and Xiaoqi. Their effortless chemistry is so addicting:wub:

I think she is overwhelmed. He should have gone after her. She needs a bit "guidance". Push and pull gets a bit boring after a while especially when she is so much in love and already knows it. Let's hope EP24 will be another trigger for getting further. FangLeng isn't the problem here. :lol:

Archived