[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

He still goes with her antics even though he easily could overpower her. The first woman who doesn't get chased away after he forgot her. Too bad she is "shying" after...:tears:. The clip is funny anyway and kind of sad.

https://bit.ly/30H5gwA

Her antics are something else. Fang Leng is such a sweet man. When she keeps on reminding him that their relationship is not real you can see a hint of disappointment on his face. She isn't aware of her feelings for him because she believes she has no emotion of that sort. Which I kind of like because I have watched so many dramas where the FL chased after the ML but here she oblivious to it. 

Bie is doing so great as Fang Leng and I lol at some of their scenes. The stepmom is evil but Fang Lie is a sweetheart for now :)

Yes, he is tsundere but he fell for her instantly. She was so warm and innocent (untained)...and naughty. And he loves to be her hero even when he says otherwise. It is good that he went from passive to active chasing after her the last episodes. She still doesn't unerstand but the amnesia part, as much I hate it, will make her growing in that way. And we will get a few more kisses. :P

Yeah, he is a lot better than in his last drama. But I think it is because Fangleng is a character who someone can easily understand. And I think it is also the directing. The actor of Fanglei is pretty bad but it always gets glossed over.

It's her innocent and pure outlooks on things that make him drawn to her. She's so simple that even her rival is confused lol. 

Whenever she sees Jiang and Fang Leng together Xiaoqi gets so excited in matchmaking it's funny. Besides Fang Leng's chest she isn't aware of much. For example when he was drunk and she stayed overnight. He lectured her about how dangerous it is for a woman to stay alone overnight with a drunk man. Try as he may, she never got to understanding it.

I like that he does get annoyed by her antics but always found himself going along with it even if it's brief. Also, his jealousy is rather cute...it's very subtle. He's usually her Hero without realizing he's one. It just comes naturally to him :)

Fang Lie isn't a strong actor but I'm such a sucker for the second lead's relationship with the FL. Especially right now, his heart is still with Jiang and not really see Xiaoqi in that light yet.

This is the first drama I watched of Bie as the main guy. I searched for his other dramas and came across Love won't wait...but wasn't into it. He was supporting in that one. I simply love their nonchalant chemistry in here. There's this level of comfort they have that makes them enjoyable to me as a couple.

Did you notice that his "former" girlfriend probably wasn't one? From all backflashes he rather treats her a friend. Even the hug looks more brotherly. Wouldn't be surprised when it was a typical he-loves-her-she-loves-his-brother-bro-doesn't-love-her triangle. XQ may be the first he loves and that was why he didn't forgot her instead of the chip connection. What I get from the Previews is that she still triggers something in him and he is desperate and afraid the same time to find it out.

As for the 2nd lead relationship, probably FangLei will have a crush on her but his heart still is with his former love. I don't think he is ready for another deep love. Other than a trigger for FangLeng jealousy and story pace I don't think it will be come out much of it. Too little episodes left. But, of course, the Drama can surprise me.

I only watched his Chinese ones and even when he was quite okay in Cinderella Chef, the story of that Drama was messed up. I wished the female lead wouldn't have ended with him. She always forgave him way too fast and he really did grave things to the people she loved. Love won't wait wasn't something that stuck with me in any way. Boring story, boring characters. Waste of time, money and work of the actors.

I never get the feeling he ever love his ex. There's something that doesn't seem to connect between them. I think she knows too but just trying it the second time hopefully it'll work since the first time it didn't. 

After the car ride which he didn't want to take her home while our girl XQ so eagerly agree lol (I love that scene when Fang Leng kept on looking at XQ from the rear-view mirror) and she tried to listen to their conversation. And Jiang was having such high hope since he wanted to talk to her alone only to pretty much killed her dreams of being with him. He was straightforward and let it be known he didn't like her that way. 

As I've mentioned, XQ is a simple girl. The part I thought was sweet yet direct is when he finished his conversation with Jiang and came back to XQ's place with a bag of medications thinking she has a cold. When she earnestly told Fang Leng don't treat her too nice because she doesn't want to get used to it. Fang Leng has fallen in love with her she just doesn't know how to return it yet. I for one, love that Fang Leng is trying while XQ is still in the learning stage. 

I have watched up to episodes 12 but 9-12 I watched raw so didn't understand most of it but since I am hooked it didn't matter lol. But later on it seemed Fang Lie does seemed to like XQ but not sure if it's something as profound as his feelings for Jiang though. But if he only likes her as a friend or a sister kind of love I am cool with it. I like him being a sweet friend to her anyway.

Agreed, I tried Love won't wait and made it to only 1 episode. It was boring and nothing grab my attention. I don't know if it's just too dramatic but everyone seemed to just go through things so slow. I never noticed Bie even in the thai industry. And didn't even know he ventured into Chinese drama. I wanted to try Cinderella Chef but since you mentioned about his relationship with the FL, I might pass on it.

I don’t think the story is so complex that us non-Chinese have troubles to understand it. That also makes it great. I have seen many Dramas raw and subbed later and most of them had lots of difference between body language and words. Not with this Drama. The director is having a good eye for it.

And I love QX too. Who doesn’t? She is a living pink bubble. :wub:

I love that they put out a lot of mini clips too...so I have been spoiling myself. This drama is fluffy and with little stress. I freaking love XQ's facial expressions whenever she runs into Jiang while she's with Fang Leng. She clearly think there's something there while Fang Leng tried to reassure her there isn't. When Jiang said that she has been certified by his mom and dad, he looked at XQ and quickly made sure she doesn't misunderstand lol. 

The body language is basic in here...but I love that when it's sub they put it high definition and make me glued to my screen. I can't wait to watch episode 12 with subtitles because there's a few scenes that have me laughing. Because Fang Leng and XQ were on a totally different thing.

I have found my new drama crack that makes me come out of hiding XD Probably also because I'm not allowed to binge (Dissertation madness) but at the same time, I'm gonna burst from all the crack!!

On 8/26/2019 at 7:35 AM, usagi1997 said:

New MV (Beware, contains scences not shown yet) on Weibo. I think it will be posted YT soon but probably you like it anyway.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4409479972503014

Good news for Indonesia. As far I have seen Tencent made an own channel for you. At least it showed up in my search.

Thanks so much @usagi1997!! I heard one of his covers on YT and was pleasantly surprised that he can actually sing (I didn't know anything about this actor before). It's great to hear that he's doing one of the OSTs and this MV!! Oh my heart... I'm so excited for all the upcoming scenes and even the angst looks like delicious angst :ph34r:

I've only watched up to Ep 3 at the moment, because I can only allow myself a video after reaching a certain word count... I agree with all your opinions though - I usually really dislike "cute" FLs, but XQ is really great and she's adorable without the feeling like she's trying too hard. Fang Leng is so swoony... even before I've seen the later episodes (I've watched so many clips and being spoiled so much though). 

I haven't watched the latest yet so I could be wrong on the order of scenes... but I'm curious about Fang Leng's amnesia in the rain... wasn't there a scene where he was in the rain, and was supposed to forget but then realised he didn't forget XQ? But in the latest clip you guys are talking about, he did forgot her... and they were even indoors during the rain. Hmm... :unsure:

Bie does have a good voice (sorry I am used to his Thia name that I keep on calling him that :) ) I didn't know he could sing so was pleasantly surprised when I saw the video.

The first time it rained while he was with XQ he didn't forget her and that's when the doctor think she might be the only person that can help him with his amnesia. I feel sorry for him for the fact that the only person before XQ he didn't forget was his stepmother...to remember an evil person like her out of all the people. 

From the latest episode I saw he hasn't forgotten XQ yet but I feel eventually they will write that in...in doing so probably help XQ in realizing just how important he is to her. But what I hoped they won't do is drag it out more episodes than necessary. I just want to thank the writer...giving us plenty of the main leads scenes. In every episode there's something of them to spazz about. They are not greedy that's for sure...there's side characters but so far I didn't feel like the overshadowed the couple which is very important:)

From what I have seen yet, I don't think his stepmother is evil. She may be antagonistic but she never did something to hurt him. All she did was to make her son to be favored. Even in the hospital,  the doctor was after knowing about his ailment. Her involvement with the exhibition was because her son told her it was against his wishes. And Fang Leng isn't exactly nice to her, so no wonder she not warm to him either. Until now she is all bark but not bite.

The real evil one for me is the Wannabe-Girlfriend. I think rather she is the one desperate enough to turn really dark soon. Never underestimate a slighted woman.

@angelflower The first rainstorm will coming for you soon and Fangleng is so desperate that he will forget her. :tears:

Us spoiled ones will see the next tomorrow and this time he will forget her because of the involvement of Wannabe. But it looks the feelings aren't removed, so he will remember her over the time. And both seem to be attached by the annunciator. In past that wasn't a big problem since they weren't apart from each other for long. I think the entire relationship will be resolved in EP 17 up. This series made me desperate wating for Monday's :D.

The reason the stepmom stands out as evil to me is because as of now she's the one scheming with her brother to overthrow Fang Leng so her son can take over. She tried to pinned him with the amnesia and get him in trouble by his dad...it almost work if it wasn't for XQ. The ex, I seemed to not count her because it's almost a given she was going to go that route lol. 

The annunciator is going to be the piece that will not let him forget her. It'll make his chest hurt when they are apart. I have a soft spot when a ML does something only for the FL :). When he dropped Jiang off and she said to Fang Leng, that it was the first time she has ever seen him lively. And he questioned her back...Lively? It's almost something foreign to him. Because I felt since his mom passed he never have a reason to smile or act in any way other than his structure self. XQ basically brings out the other side of him that he desperately need in his life. He smiled more in the short time he's been with her.

Oh wow so it wasn't just XQ he didn't forget... the stepmother too?! (Hmm... maybe it's because she's the mother figure? :huh:)

GAH. I really need to catch up. (Need to get cracking on that dissertation) Particularly since I don't need to watch for subs... I can watch another episode tonight... 

Do you guys want me to translate previews for you or you're good?

25 minutes ago, angelflower said:

I'm good. Don't procrastinate on your dissertation. Fighting. :grin:
Probably in the future, I wouldn't mind.

3 hours ago, angelflower said:

Oh wow so it wasn't just XQ he didn't forget... the stepmother too?! (Hmm... maybe it's because she's the mother figure? :huh:)

GAH. I really need to catch up. (Need to get cracking on that dissertation) Particularly since I don't need to watch for subs... I can watch another episode tonight... 

I would like it translated:) 

This week's episodes were so cute but bittersweet. :wub::tears:

Spoiler

Just a question for someone who knows the newest episodes and understands Chinese. What is the reason for XQ's malfunction? Her own unbalanced feelings or the feelings (pheromones) of the brothers? I rather would say her's since the bulbs stopped flickering when Fanglei got her out of her hysterics but I'm not sure...and what will happen in future when she will get overwhelmed? I saw in the previews she electroluted Fangleng by mistake.

And I'm happy that Wannabe starts to learn that memories without feelings are nothing against feelings without memories. The picture got her a small step forward but XQ is still everywhere. I understand if she goes against XQ in future by harder means to get her out of the picture. The actress is good, I can literal feel how desperate her character is.That girl is the one who needs the doc.

I'm warming up to Fanglei. He started to have feelings for XQ but you also can see she doesn't take him serious. Fangleng otherwise...:lol: But I'm sure he even would be jealous of cute turtle if its get more love from XQ that him.

@usagi1997 Thanks for your encouragement! I was asking since I need to take breaks occasionally, and when my brain just doesn't work academically >.< Translating is a fun thing for me to do haha...

I found the official MV of the insert song sung by Xu Zhi Xian/ Hsu Thassapak (Bie):

The title itself is a bit of a struggle to translate because I've never seen these words in combination before. The four words are 爱所当然 (Ai Suo Dang Ran); there is a common Chinese phrase 理所當然 (Li Suo Dang Ran), which means 'of course' or 'taken for granted' when used in certain contexts. I saw some translations of the title as Definitely Love and Of Course Love, which could be correct as well. I've tried to make the translation flow a bit more naturally in English and considered the meaning in the context of the lyrics. Here is my attempt:

爱所当然 Love Naturally (English Translation)

Please take out with credits to angelflower@soompi

别让乌云眼角躲藏Don’t let dark clouds cover your eyes

当过往难过也难舍 When it’s hard to let go of past sadness 

有些话想替你说 There are words I wish I could say for you

谁愿真的在冷漠 No one truly wants to be cold

Pre-Chorus:

如果心像陀螺旋转着If the heart is spinning like a top

如果命运总隔着银河 If destiny is separated by galaxies

缘分是星穿梭 Then fate is like stars crossing

微笑是光 在飘落 And a smile like light falling 

Chorus:

爱所当然你的轮廓 Loving naturally the outline of you

起伏着心跳的闪烁My heartbeat flutters, rises and falls

茫茫星空下回眸着 Looking back under the stars 

爱所当然勾勒我底色Love naturally drawing out the depths of my being 

你让我活的更像我 You make me live a truer me

记忆像漫长的烟火Memories are like long-lasting fireworks

我都记得 I remember them all

Repeat Pre-Chorus and Chorus

The conversation at 1:55:

XQ: If you can't always be with the person you love, would you let that person keep all the memories by themselves?

FL: But feelings cannot be erased, Xiao Qi.

FL: Even if we forget each other, we will still end up together.

-----------------------------------

I AM FILLED WITH ANTICIPATION AHHHHHHHH.... 

Ok back to work I go. 

On 8/31/2019 at 1:47 PM, ash1999 said:

It's her innocent and pure outlooks on things that make him drawn to her. She's so simple that even her rival is confused lol. 

Whenever she sees Jiang and Fang Leng together Xiaoqi gets so excited in matchmaking it's funny. Besides Fang Leng's chest she isn't aware of much. For example when he was drunk and she stayed overnight. He lectured her about how dangerous it is for a woman to stay alone overnight with a drunk man. Try as he may, she never got to understanding it.

I like that he does get annoyed by her antics but always found himself going along with it even if it's brief. Also, his jealousy is rather cute...it's very subtle. He's usually her Hero without realizing he's one. It just comes naturally to him :)

Fang Lie isn't a strong actor but I'm such a sucker for the second lead's relationship with the FL. Especially right now, his heart is still with Jiang and not really see Xiaoqi in that light yet.

This is the first drama I watched of Bie as the main guy. I searched for his other dramas and came across Love won't wait...but wasn't into it. He was supporting in that one. I simply love their nonchalant chemistry in here. There's this level of comfort they have that makes them enjoyable to me as a couple.

cinderella chef was good. he was the main lead

30 minutes ago, Pyong Hwangpo said:

cinderella chef was good. he was the main lead

Someone else had recommended it to me as well. If this ends I'll give it a try. Do they have chemistry in there? Sometimes the drama is good the leads have next to nothing chemistry and that sucks. 

There are lots of cute moments between them this week. One thing this drama is not greedy is the scenes between the leads...there are so many it is hard to pick my favorite. 

Fang Leng might forget but there's no doubt he's internally struggling whenever he sees her with Fang Lie. The look he gives her, heart melting. I'm glad Fang Lie is there for her. He likes her but yet he knows his brother does too. I feel bad for him up to date. Falling in love with two women that's connected to his brother, twice. The Banquet...sigh Fang Leng. But it was nice to see the ex stood there watching Fang Leng jealous over XQ a girl he supposedly doesn't remember hahahah.

Archived