[Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임

0ly40

I just started this drama and up to ep.4 (or 7/8) now. I shared some of the sentiments in this thread. Agree that there are some confusing part but I am persisting because it is written by same writer of King of Dramas which I happen to enjoy and love so much. 

My guess (so far) is that DK wants TP to help clear his father’s name by seeing the truth using his power ie. finding the true killer. His challenge to him was try losing someone he loves ~ DK lost someone he loves (his father) due to the blunder in the police department. Maybe Nam caught the wrong person (Jo) but just insisted that Jo is the killer. I won’t be surprised if JY’s father knew about this blunder, wanted to correct it and was actually (maybe accidentally) killed by Nam. We can find out if only TP get to see a picture of her father. 

As for the true serial killer, it’s definitely not the father of the 7th victim who died in the hospital. I read a recap saying the person TP saw strangling 7th victim to death was her own father but it is not. The confusion probably came from her calling out “Father?” when that man was still behind the curtain. She only thought it was her father coming into the room, but not that she has actually seen his face thus calling him father. 

Out of extreme exasperation, I just have to say something about the police guarding the door. I mean, there were like 4-5 other police officers down the other side of the hallway, but none of them moved at all and remained in their far-away-less-crucial posts while this one person posted right in front of the door left his post and got distracted! And the mother even specifically notified him of her absence. Hellooo....?? What happened to teamwork? And if they can dispatch so many officers to the hospital, why not have two officers standing guard at the door?? Argh!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2020 at 5:08 AM, cherriesblue said:

KTP shouldnt have removed the blood from the pipe since it can be used as evidence. Granted there are still traces but...

Could he be trying to change his premonition?  Preventing the rooftop confrontation with police? 

He also asked Mrs Jeong for  a bomb and it looks like he will get hurt.  I dunno, this drama keeps surprising me.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:17 PM, cherriesblue said:

I think he needs to see the eyes, not sure

Yes, I am pretty sure he needs to see the eyes.  And Mr Baek's eyes are clouded over due to his blindness.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:46 AM, Fabbo said:

The press in this drama continues to be boggling. How do they always know when and where people are getting killed? Do they have some minority report skills? ...

But i mean in this drama they also had that scene where they took Jo Pil Doo back to the scene to let him show what he did - in front of a bunch of reporters. Lol.

Crime scene "re-creation" is a standard process in Korea.  Reporters and the public are allowed to be present.  There is much debate going on between the privacy of the individual and the right of the public "need to know".  

Some news agencies assign reporters to various police stations to get up-to-date information which is immediately submitted to newsroom.  It is also legal to release photos/information of suspects who have confessed or where there is strong evidence of guilt.  You don't want to be a criminal in Korea!  

Just had to share this, such a beautiful MV with a very sad lyrics 

At the end of the day
On my way back home
I suddenly started to cry
I lost my way

Where am I headed?
What am I living for?

Being alone feels so cold and lonely
I’m longing for someone

When I close my eyes
It feels like a dream
I’m hoping I’ll wake up to a different world
But when I open my eyes, it’s still the same me

So I can’t fall asleep and only sighs remain
On this day that will become tomorrow

What does it mean to have a normal life?
Do other people secretly cry like me?

The only warmth comes from my other hand
There’s no place to go

When I close my eyes
It feels like a dream

I’m hoping I’ll wake up to a different world
But when I open my eyes, it’s still the same me
So I can’t fall asleep and only sighs remain
On this day that will become tomorrow

How much more do I have to live to get used to this?

My way back home feels so much longer

When I look at the night sky, it’s endlessly big
It silently comforts me, like tears
I still don’t even know myself
But if I keep taking one more step
Another day will come again

On 1/31/2020 at 7:13 AM, calledtoteach said:

To lighten the mood, I have thought for years that the actor who plays that reporter has one of the most beautiful heads of hair of any actor I’ve seen.

Park Won Sang is a really handsome older man with, oh my yes, great hair.  When I began watching TGTZ, I kept thinking that I had seen the actor before.  Had to look him up on MyDramaList, and that's when I realized that I'd seen him in lots of dramas but he plays such a wide range of characters so believably that he's a real chameleon.  Just for example:  He was a completely bad guy in W Two Worlds.  He was a slightly befuddled good guy on Healer.  And here he is as a kinda-sketchy but ultimately repentant guy on TGTZ.  That's some great drama work.  

On 1/31/2020 at 8:16 AM, blademan said:

OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD!!!!

It is so convoluted and twisted I LOVE IT.

And the killer medical examiner is so dark :w00t: but at the same time such a good actor...?? 

This show is excellent and it saved me from Deep-Down Drama Doldrums.  After watching a whole string of dramas last year that disappointed and angered me, I gave up KDramas (and also posting on this board as it happens).  I could Not watch anything for more than four months.  I tried but no, absolutely nothing--nothing I could stand watching.  Did not trust the Drama Gods at all anymore.   But old habits die hard so I was still kinda keeping up on drama news, and that's how TGTZ caught me.  Had to give it a chance.  And I'm really glad I did.

Love the twists and the fact that we don't exactly know who, what, and why.  There's always just another clue or two hidden under the mud.  The three leads here are amazing.  The plot is great but it's watching the three leads play it all out that keeps me coming back for more.

I honestly don't expect anything like a happy ending on this one but I'm kinda okay with that.  I just want to see how it all plays out. 

Maybe my Drama Drought has ended after all.

Just saw the preview for the last episodes.  I REALLY HOPE that wasn't a clue that TP will die in the end, with the last scene being JY walking on the beach.  

Since TP told everyone about the possible suicide, one would think there is a safety net/mattress (whatever) at the bottom waiting to catch the two men.

Anyways I am enjoying the twists and turns and surprising reveals along the way.  The romance started very slow and that's OK, I get it.  The relationship between the main 3 is what interests me, how it started, what happened in between (which we find out in bits and pieces) and how it is so complex now.  The fact that I keep changing my mind about the villain, is kudos to IJH acting and the way the writer has portrayed him.  Isn't that the reason all mothers tell their kids to be careful of strangers with candy and lost dogs?  Bad guys know how to act "good".  Bottom line, though, despite the awful hand he drew in life, that's no reason for the killing he has done - BAD GUY!

That TP goes all out and is willing to do anything to save JY is understandable, I'm all for finding a "white knight".  It's just too bad that TP's sheltered life leaves him ill-equipped to make rational decisions on how to go about doing that.  He's really a lost boy in a man's body.  It's too bad teacher Baek wasn't able to reign him in. 

Am nervously awaiting the last episodes next week, preparing myself for a possible less-than-happy ending.  After it all done, will likely marathon all episodes and see if my impressions are different without having to do the weekly wait!

On 3/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, TheaN said:

Am nervously awaiting the last episodes next week, preparing myself for a possible less-than-happy ending.  After it all done, will likely marathon all episodes and see if my impressions are different without having to do the weekly wait!

I felt the same.  And I ended up spoiling myself by going right to the last ten minutes of the raw to see how it all turned out.  Couldn't wait for the subs.  Really did not expect this drama to have a happy ending.  And I'm glad it did.

What I honestly don't get is why this drama seems to have been ignored by so many.  I loved it.  And I am planning to marathon the whole series soon.

Hi all, just wanna drop by to say that, this is the first time I am watching drama because of villain

He made me crying like hell again after the 1st time he did on Bride of water god. And no villain did that to me. 

It's not easy being a villain that people hate after watching but it's extremely hard to make audience crying for them at the same time. 

Im Joo Hwan is sooo good at acting I'm really speechless. His heart breaking emotion always got me. 

Someone please give him an award :star:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임

Archived