[Drama 2020] The Game: Towards Midnight, 더 게임

0ly40

The idiocy in this drama is driving me nuts LoL!

In previous ep. they wasted too much time in locating Mi Jin, now they failed a simple task of keepin' her safe.:crazy: Why did the policeman tend to that old lady, he's a police officer not a nurse!?:P How is it that the forensics examiner able to be everywhere at once LoL? He sure has plenty of time on his hands. 

Mi Jin's dad is still .. (sigh) I have no words.. how dare he blame it on policeman? He was as much at fault as him. Apparently his daughter's kidnapping isn't a lesson well learned.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

The guy who plays the medical examiner is playing a psychic killer again? Haven't i seen him play a patrol officer cum serial murderer somewhere?

Are you thinking of "Oh my Ghost" where he plays an innocent looking police officer but is actually the one who murdered the "ghost"?

@Latte_Anyday I was thinking the same! When the medical cart was thrown against the old patient, I could understand his immediate response was to go to her but after that, he should let others take care of him and return to check on the girl, which would have interrupted the murder. But no! He continued to tend to the old patient as if that was his main job and totally left the poor girl alone (forgetting that the mother was away). I wanted to whack him! He deserves to lose his job because he lost focus and discipline and a discipline force... 

The parents are another thing... To hear the mother say "he is always ignoring my calls" and then proceeding to still do what "he" told her to do i.e. settle the bills, which should be the least of worries when you know you have a killer waiting to strike at your daughter. And the father who never learns his lesson and continues to ignore his wife's calls which led to his daughter being killed...

I have some things to point out.

1. The hospital room is already a crime scene. The police should preserve the scene so evidence can be collected.

2.  I understand the mother wanting to hold her dead daughter. But the way she was holding and caressing her face, hair and other parts of her body, she's removing traces of evidence. Where are the police officers who are supposed to take care of the crime scene?

3. There was focus on Mi Jin's broken fingernail. I do hope that it will be preserved. The irony is that the autopsy, if ever, might be assigned to Koo Do Kyung, who will definitely get rid of that piece of evidence.

4. Det. Seo Joon Young might be in denial regarding the artist sketch, since she believes that the forensic examiner is a good person.

Tae Pyung should also have am artist sketch of the man he saw who might be the actual serial killer. Could that be Ki, Yong Bae/Kim Hyung Soo, the name of the man the younger Koo Do Kyung reported to Chief Han before?

Maybe he is innocent searching for his bad person unjust prison but I think he told them the trust and may be just may be a twin.  Chief too seo young that was her friend went they were little everything for him was take away and the friend was kim payeong . I think he was happy because the report make him loose his bad went he was young so off karma get him back what he did.  Or may be is his killer.

Yeah I think I'm dropping this drama - don't really like the relationship dynamics/development or the story. When I saw the description of the show it sounded generic and I feel like that's what we're getting. Will check at the end of the show to see if it got any better

On 2/1/2020 at 9:57 AM, chubbz said:

Are you thinking of "Oh my Ghost" where he plays an innocent looking police officer but is actually the one who murdered the "ghost"?

Bingo!

This drama started as a tragedy from justice miscarried and it does seem to end with the major characters dead. Yucks! I am dropping too.

I started watching thinking the main guy is going to use his special power to solve crimes......:flushed:

A few quick thoughts before i watch this weeks episodes. 

The drama really makes it hard to suspend my disbelief at times. 

The media frenzy especially in the first two episodes was pretty frustrating and infuriating. I can imagine i was not the only one. But that can be a problem. Because everytime when it gets worse and worse i am going to stumble over all those details (or not even details really). "Yeah i know the media can be bonkers but this is just stupid."

Are reporters allowed to report on an active investigation? I guess so. And i've read about many cases where the police themselves (or just some random officer) shares all kinds of crazy stuff on ongoing investigations.

But why or how do the reporters get notified when the police gets a kidnapping casel? Aren't there any limitation on what can be released to the public? Any gag order that the police could have gotten for this case? It was damaging the rescue mission on so many levels. They weren't simply reporting on a crime but revealing all kinds of sensitive information about the kidnapping. Tipping the kidnapper off and further endangering the victim.

Not to forget you have the intern crawling around in the police station and listening in to sensitive discussions. And nobody cares. (Hey she is only doing her "job").

And they let the reporters trample all over the scene a few hours later? When it was still dark? 

They didn't inform the father about the kidnapping? What?. And then you have her wife trying to reach him all day lol. Even apart from the obvious as a parent he might be tied to the kidnapper as a reporter and would be a help to the investigation.

I dont know.. everytime a drama wants to show how terrible or unfair everything is it always a problem when it has those ridiculous situations.

A bit about the characters. I like the leads. But i feel like it might be moving a bit too fast. From the previews for this week it seems like they already deeply care about each other and want to protect each other. We barely got any moments between them. And they were mostly running from place to place. There was little room breathe and character moments because the drama is moving so fast.

But i liked that moment in the car where he mesmerized with her face. I can imagine it would be hard to fall in love when everytime you look at a persons face you see his or her death. This is a nice change for him.

But some of their dialogue was a bit awkward. And then you have the scenes of mistrust, coworking, attraction and understanding all weirdly mixed up. When she feels for him because of the horrors he constantly has to see. I liked that but give all of that more time and put it in a better structure.

Oh those moments where you have her talking to the forensic she just met a few minutes ago about a guy with some crazy psychic abilities who she also just met 2 days ago. Felt completely out of place.

Let's see what this week has in store :)

The police really useless.... If the police trust KTP so much. They should get him sketch the drawing if the murderer... Sad to say,  KDK really a victim. 

The reporter really get his karma... Although,  both his wife & daughter are innocent... He really deserve it...  When those reporters took his wife's picture, he asked them to stop. He should have the same feelings, afterall he harassed SJY & KDK badly.... 

Yeah, there was not much substance in the latest ep.  The revelation was obvious  and anticlimactic.  My mind started to wander.  To add insult to injury, they repeated the whole sequence of flashback just because.  Maybe they're running out of ideas and want to fill in the time.  I will give it a benefit of a doubt for a twist in the next ep.  If things won't get better next ep, I will have to drop this like a hot rock.

@Prettysup and @Shinobu

Agreed with both.

Writer may be running out of ideas. :D I was hoping to see some surprises on last week EP (not refer to this week). Especially at the end of the last week ep, the detective Seo Joon-Young instructed the police force to check and shut down the road exit from the hospital in order to catch the murderer, but the next scene we've seen the murderer wasn't in the car, it was someone else, and Koo Do-Kyung went back to the hospital. At that moment, I was expecting the writer would give us surprise that the murderer indeed sitting in the car when the traffic police asked him to wind down window but it shown another face to the audience- the writer could have made Koo Do-Kyung change into a new face (since this is a supernatural and fantasy drama, I will expect some supernatural power imposed on the character including the face changes). I think that will be more interesting to see, rather making him to route back to hospital. The last EP was repeated and the plot was predicted. 

If the writer can change Koo Do-Kyung into new name, change his DNA, why not change his face too that can make the male lead even harder to hunt him down....i am sure the plot will get more intense...:D

Most supernatural drama encompass the creative and fantasy genre, the US seasonal drama mostly shown hunting down evil supernatural creatures such as monsters, demons and even fallen gods, while trying to save innocent people along the way. However, this story is revolving three young children staying in the orphanage house since day one. Story seems like heading towards two male leads competing each other (fighting against time) to gain the love and possession of female lead, and the male lead wants to change the fate, wants to stop the overall disaster that the female lead will die because of him and Koo Do-Kyung will commit suicide in front of the police force...all in all, will male lead able to change all of their fates, can he stop the disaster in the end?

At this juncture that I analysed the story so far, what the writer wants to put across the message is we can change our destiny, because ignorance is the unawareness that we repeat the cycle and the past conditioning over and over again, thinking that we can’t alter our course, or trying to change our circumstances without understanding the root cause of our problem, which lies in our conscious and subconscious mind, and that happened to Koo Do-Kyung during younger days that witnessing his father, Jo Pil-Doo, was wrongly accused.

If the writer can develop the storyline clear enough in the end, that means totally change the suicide destiny for Koo Do-Kyung, the essence of the message will even be more meaningful as it brings out that "feeling of his repressed emotions and integrating his emotional wounds is the key to rewriting his future".  If Kim Tae-Pyeong can do it using his power, he will be able to save two persons lives.....I hope I am right for the writer intention. :)

I do empathize a lot with “young” Ko Do Kyung but in no way do I feel sympathy for the adult version of Ko Do Kyung. Did we really see him murder that poor defenseless child to the point where even her nails were broken and bloodied from the struggle against her murderer? No matter how much of a terrible human being her dad is, she was innocent. I don’t care if Ko Do Kyung lives or die. He crossed the line by premeditatedly and “willfully” killing a child. I do care however that the female detective lives and I hope the male lead can change her fate although it may come with a heavy price. 

I have been meaning to share some thoughts on this thread for a while, but I have been really busy.

First, let's go back to the Jo Pil Doo murders. Did the police EVER have any solid evidence against him? Finding his DNA in the vicinity is circumstantial at best. That poor man has been saying for 20 years that he didn't kill those girls. And deep down, the police chief knew it was more than possible that JPD wasn't the right person and he sat on his hands and did nothing. I predict the killer will come after him next.

LJH, the journalist was horrible as a young reporter. Showing up to every crime scene, obsessively writing about every murder and JPD every chance he got and even disrespecting the grieving families. He definitely received karma for his prior actions, but I just don't understand why both parents would think that it was okay to leave their daughter at the hospital alone, knowing a killer was on the loose. I knew that girl wasn't going to make it. Even in the midst of all of this, her father is still chasing some JPD theory and in the meantime, his daughter was losing her life. He is the worst.

However, the person I am exasperated with the most is the old blind man that took it KTP. There is something that he is not saying. He is harboring a secret that would help KTP, but misery loves company. I am sorry he lost the love of his life, but KTP has already proven that an outcome could change, Keeping him locked up and cut off from the world is not the answer and I really hope that KTP wakes up and realizes this before it is too late. 

They didn't even find the DNA. That was fabricated. (Or i think we might be talking about different things here.)

And yeah.. the karma coming back to that reporter is pretty fun. Him running around in panic is great. I still don't understand how his wife doesn't blame him at all. But i liked that she murdered Jo Pil Doo. It's just another thing piling up for the reporter.

The press in this drama continues to be boggling. How do they always know when and where people are getting killed? Do they have some minority report skills? Seems like they were even faster at the hospital than the police (who already had people there). They were waiting at the entrance of the hospital and at the police station. Sure there might be some people at the hospital posting stuff on social media. The classic media is the slowest to pick up on things like this.

But i mean in this drama they also had that scene where they took Jo Pil Doo back to the scene to let him show what he did - in front of a bunch of reporters. Lol.

He buys a bunch of surveillance equipment at some lowkey place. And then he pays with credit card lol.

Archived