[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

16 hours ago, Benji D said:

I'm not sure is this the right way to respond, or should l click a new section, still new to soompi.  Anyway, the episode you are interested in is ep 372.  One of my fav section, so informative, and l don't think kjk was lying.

Thanks! I somehow skipped past it when I was forwarding through the episode for kookmin moments earlier!

This same episode he also said he likes to tease the girl he likes, and he's been teasing Somin a lot lately! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

On 5/9/2019 at 6:50 AM, minahnoona said:

Thanks! I somehow skipped past it when I was forwarding through the episode for kookmin moments earlier!

This same episode he also said he likes to tease the girl he likes, and he's been teasing Somin a lot lately! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Can't deny the 'love vibes', heheh

8 hours ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

did you believe,  somin has it :D

span widget

What a 'mole' coincidence, heheh

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 5/7/2019 at 12:24 AM, minahnoona said:

Jongkook being a protective Oppa in the video here at the RM fanmeet in Taipei - i feel bad for Somin that she had to play the balloon popping game with a total stranger, and they had a hard time popping it. You can see Jongkook come up to check on them once, and when they repositioned the balloon and tried again, he came up again and helped to discreetly pop it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoxdnKflLMp/

With Hong Jinyoung putting her on-screen loveline with Jongkook to rest in a radio appearance in mid April, the recent kookmin SNS activity, and the talk about Somin's mother, does anyone else have the feeling that he is laying the ground and getting RM fans and the public prepared so that no one is surprised when an announcement does come? 

With the help of RM members and staff, I definitely get the feel that the whole team is laying the ground to minimise the 'announcement shock'.  That is why l've started to observe the other RM members closely for any 'slips of the tongue'.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 5/6/2019 at 1:07 PM, kirbee b said:

For anyone who wants to share, I have a couple of general questions about how kookmin fans got into "kookmin."

- How long have you been watching Running Man?

- What made you first notice the on-screen chemistry of "kookmin"?

I've been watching RM for about 5 years. I was a casual fan of it for a while. But I got more enthusiastic about it once Jeon Somin joined. I love the early episodes, but it's hard to keep up the energy and inventiveness of a show that's as long-running as RM. Once Somin joined, however, the show got a new spark, and I was amazed at how the show felt revitalized to me. So, I was Jeon Somin fan first, and noticed what she did on the show more than anything else.

The first "kookmin" moment I noticed after Somin became a permanent member was in ep. 372, when they role-played dating scenarios. They were all wearing pink sweatshirts, and Ji Suk Jin got really absorbed in JSM's and KJK's roleplay. Their roleplay was cute and JSJ getting more excited than I'd seen in a long time was also ridiculously cute. I really liked how new, unexpected things happened when KJK and JSM were put together.

For me, l was just an on-off viewer of RM, not a kjk fan, enjoyed jsm's acting in 1% of anything, that's all.  What drew me in was the 'vibe' kookmin exchanged in ep 424.  It reminded me of the 'vibe'/'electricity charge' that was exchanged by the song-song couple in the scene they first met in Descendants of the Sun.  That felt real, even on screen.  That got me curious and started looking deeper into this.   So now l have my 'full detective gear on' and nothing will stop me until the truth is out ..... ‍‍heheh

• Like 5
  • Love 2

-How long have you been watching Running Man?

- What made you first notice the on-screen chemistry of "kookmin"?

I have watched running man since 2014 and I sort of liked it when I was first introduced, I mean I was not a fan, but I would watch it once in about 5 months. But in 2016 I stopped all together because it was totally boring to me and the show quality was really decreasing. 1 year later, in late 2017, I became obsessed with kdrama and  watched something about 1% and I loved the drama so much that I started to goggle the actress who happened to be Somin. I found that she joined running man and started to watch the episodes from where she joined and I really got hooked again. That is how I became a running man fan, somin fan and started to actually love the show. 

As for Kookmin, I thought somin sort of fit the unlucky team better, and after seeing lots of ships towards kwangmin, I got hooked. I mean I thought they were not it, but at the same time it was my first time actually interacting with fans, I started to ship a long. So I never thought of possibility of Kookmin, even though my heart fluttered on the prison episode where Jong Kook hugged Somin after giving her the tofu. So lately there after kwangmin was just sibling and I can totally see some flirting between kookmin too, I am on a ship again, which I would love to support. 

Edited by shamos83
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

During this clip what I found interesting is that Jong Kook Said, I would refuse her cute acts on running man and he further puts emphasis on "if I behaved like that while dating her, I'd be considered insane." 

Thinking of this makes me think of many many moments, I name a few:

- When Somin gives JK oppa a small red flower, he didn't reject it at all

- When somin unii says mosquito, and vacuums him with the item she got from haha he says she is cute

- When Somin Unii starts a play and calls him "yeobo" he plays along.

This is a bit interesting for me, why does he not reject somin Unii's aego and cuteness? Am I thinking too much.....

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, shamos83 said:

During this clip what I found interesting is that Jong Kook Said, I would refuse her cute acts on running man and he further puts emphasis on "if I behaved like that while dating her, I'd be considered insane." 

Thinking of this makes me think of many many moments, I name a few:

- When Somin gives JK oppa a small red flower, he didn't reject it at all

- When somin unii says mosquito, and vacuums him with the item she got from haha he says she is cute

- When Somin Unii starts a play and calls him "yeobo" he plays along.

This is a bit interesting for me, why does he not reject somin Unii's aego and cuteness? Am I thinking too much.....

Good question, very good question.  When compared to minahnoona's RM video above and kookminclan's research (posted in her channel), he seemed to be man of conflicts.  One part, he admitted to like teasing and saying cheesy lines, one part he 'refused' cute acts, and one part he preferred aegyo/bright/cheerful girls.  Hmmm, to me irrespective of what he said, his smile/facial expression/body language showed that he enjoyed jsm's attention a lot, and l mean a lot.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Benji D I am actually worried about their interaction, because first it is rarely labeled as a love line or interaction between two people who might be interested with each other. I really love to see their change interactions from arguing to now agreeable but what worries me is that maybe, Jong Kook is just getting close to Somin so it might just be slight better interaction that we see. However, what confuses me is that recently KJK himself is actively teasing both fans and JSM on SNS by commenting on her IG. I actually was surprised that out of all the love lines he has had, he neither likes/comments/follow them on SNS. So just slight worries as a shipper who is getting started and hoping there is something. 

What I want to point out is that in the recent episode 445 where JK waits and looks for awhile towards Somin before getting in the car, my heart fluttered, so is there something?

:blush: I hope there is. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

shamos83,

I totally understand the emotions that these two evoked from us RM viewers.  The same thing happened to us too and we have been venting it out in kookminclan's channel, heheh.  Just like you, I couldn't believe my eyes when l first noticed the 'out of the ordinary' facial expressions/body language exhibited by kjk towards jsm.  You wouldn't believe how many times l re-watched those moments just to be sure.  In order not to be caught misreading the cues, l started researching and found kookminclan's channel.  Besides watching the wonderful videos posted on the channel, we also have been carrying very robust discussions on the interactions (verbal and non-verbal) between the two.  To appease my curiosity, l have also carried out an exercise to list in time sequence what l think were the key interactions between the two since ep 384 (January 2018) and analyse how the relationship developed.  For better understanding on what transpired, we even roped in help from some of the commentators such as kirby b to provide alternative translations.  Kookminclan plus a number of the commentators also provided their analysis, and it seemed both of them had already shown micro attractions quite early on.  Yesterday, kookminclan had posted an updated analysis on kjk's and jsm's preferred types.  A very informative piece, especially if you compare the timing of the comments and kookmin's interactions/body language exhibited in and outside of RM.  To be honest, at this point of time l am pretty convinced both of them have already started dating, but that's only my personal opinion ;).  If you want to know more, check out the comments under each video, l promise you will find them very enlightening and entertaining.  

Yahoo, you also spotted kjk's slight hesitation in ep 445.  So l am not the only one getting excited about it.  It's good to know we are not alone and delusional, heheh.  :crazy: :w00t:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Benji D

I have actually been following kookminclan videos on youtube from the moment I had sensed some vibes from them, has been a few weeks now, actually I started watching those videos from the second one. I just was hesitant to start interacting with fans just yet and actually I have been read all your comments under those videos as well, and I alway look forward to them. As time went, I mean weeks I have been getting convinced but I was just not an active commenter, but I loved and still enjoy reading those comments. However, I am in the ship, so I want to interact with fans and other shippers now and so I just want to calm myself before I sail before them. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

shamos83

So you have been with us all this while.  I totally understand your concerns.  l'm sure you have also seen some of the doubts and worries shared in the channel, but after more clarifications/discussions we are all at peace or should l say 'in bliss', heheh.  Anyway,  join us, that's where the fun is.  We are in this together, if we are correct in our convictions, we will make damn good investigators, if we are wrong, it has been a heck of a wild and fun ride.  Yahoo!!!! :D

• Like 5

Ep 451 subbed on Myrunningman.com

Subbed ep is out and I watched the spanking segment. One thing about subbing is that sometimes they don't translate literally and apply their own interpretation of the intent of the sentence rather than the actual sentence which I think can be misleading or missing the nuance somethimes? Like Jaesuk's line to Jongkook - 'ni yeoja chingu ya?"which was translated to 'are you two dating?' whereas he clearly said girlfriend "yeoja chingu" (so more like 'is she your girlfriend?). 

Then there's Jongkook's line "nega do yojeum choahaneun dongsaeng" which was translated as "she's like a sister to me" whereas I think it's more like "these days she's a close younger female that I like" (probably in the sense of am fond of/close to rather than romantically in this context). Dongsaeng doesn't mean sister literally, but a younger male/female that you have a close relationship/friendship with (not just biological younger siblings). 

For those of us that depend on subs I guess that's the thing we have to deal with. My Korean is very basic but enough to understand simple words, so I do pick up on these things. Just like i notice that in dramas they hardly ever translate Oppa or those other Korean pronouns correctly in English - choosing to use the character names instead in the subs. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

@minahoona perfectly put there!!! I would appreciate it if u can copy what u had posted here to  kookminclan’s YouTube channel please? Because a lot of others were kind of being misled with the subtitles shown. Thank you in advance!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ep 451. Kookmin sibling interaction makes my heart flutter during today's episode and mostly on the second game segment. OMG who knew spanking can have so much skinship and be so romantic, even though they were wearing gloves. I could notice some flirting between the two when they keep taping each other's shoulder, 1st Somin taps JK oppa before he reveals his spoon ,2nd JK oppa taps Somin Unii multiple times when she reveals her spoon (which I think she might have given him a sneak peek) and 3rd when she chooses him as the person to spank her. I really enjoyed their chemistry while spanking Jaesuk oppa as well, you could see Somin's plan and just how JK doesn't get flustered and goes with it, while everyone else is surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

13 hours ago, minahnoona said:

Ep 451 subbed on Myrunningman.com

Subbed ep is out and I watched the spanking segment. One thing about subbing is that sometimes they don't translate literally and apply their own interpretation of the intent of the sentence rather than the actual sentence which I think can be misleading or missing the nuance somethimes? Like Jaesuk's line to Jongkook - 'ni yeoja chingu ya?"which was translated to 'are you two dating?' whereas he clearly said girlfriend "yeoja chingu" (so more like 'is she your girlfriend?). 

Then there's Jongkook's line "nega do yojeum choahaneun dongsaeng" which was translated as "she's like a sister to me" whereas I think it's more like "these days she's a close younger female that I like" (probably in the sense of am fond of/close to rather than romantically in this context). Dongsaeng doesn't mean sister literally, but a younger male/female that you have a close relationship/friendship with (not just biological younger siblings). 

For those of us that depend on subs I guess that's the thing we have to deal with. My Korean is very basic but enough to understand simple words, so I do pick up on these things. Just like i notice that in dramas they hardly ever translate Oppa or those other Korean pronouns correctly in English - choosing to use the character names instead in the subs. 

My thoughts is it doesn’t matter if he called her as his sister. If I’m at his shoes I’m not gonna reveal my real feelings for her in front of everybody right? Just remember Kwang Soo treat So Min like her sister but he always tease and hurt her, lol.. (that’s is how you treat your real siblings anyways right?) lol..

I think the most important is how JK react, this is the first time I saw him being careful if he’s gonna hurt somebody or not. For him running man is a game, it’s a competition. In the past he is always happy to do this things, he’s actually excited if he is the one gonna punish someone. But in the latest episode you can see in his face he is not that excited, he is smiling but looks worried about SM too.. And check out how he Flogged SM, it feels light not too hard. Notice his hand is so apart to each other when he flogged SM. On the other hand when he taught SM to flogged YJK he told her that the hands should be closer together to make it harder. Lol.

By the way it’s my first time commenting here. Been shipping them for a week now. I’m gonna share my story how I become a shipper. And all of you guys are awesome.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@SheKC31 This is really sweet what you wrote here!! I too have been going with my gut all along and sometimes you do get quite disturbed with people saying otherwise and how kjk oppa has always treated somin as a 'sister' on social media. But, all things we kookmin shippers have seen and watched are entirely their actions and not part of a deliberate loveline which is why I root for them. But, what u said is completely true. Neither of them would want to reveal whatever it is that they share for each other since there is the show to deal with. Coming to the point, thank you for penning down a well put thought here!! Appreciate it. 

Edited by Lobsang Dolma
  • Like 7
  • Blob 1

Welcome to the comments thread @shamos83and @SheKC31

I quite liked that soft touch Somin gave when Jongkook was making a big fuss revealing his spoon - it looked very affectionate. 

I also think that there are few words that he could have used to refer to her to convey their closeness and taking into account the age relationship other than dongsaeng. 

For me, the biggest indicator that Kookmin are at a new phase after getting to know each other better was ep 449, when Jongkook not only DIDN'T insist that Somin is family (his usual mode, like in the honeybee episode) but looked like he enjoyed their teasing and even talked about Somin's mum. I feel like that was his statement of intent and maybe appeal to future mum-in-law hehe. 

Since the filming for ep449, he has left a playful/flirty comment on Somin's insta, and posted a pic of his 'squad' during filming of ep452 on his insta. I would be very interested to see if this was the actual grouping during the games in ep452 or if they were hanging out together during the break when they took the pic. 

In ep450, he quickly chose to be on Somin's team, justifying it as balancing the teams. Then there was his teasing Somin - 우리 아가, 애기 아니구나 아가 (uri aga, aegi aniguna aga) which is "our baby, not babe but baby". That "our baby".. *clutches heart*. And why would he bring up aegi hehe. 

In ep451, he looked a bit flustered when he saw Jihyo alone in the restaurant and looked around the room. I don't know if it's the editing but he seemed rather quiet when it was just the 2 of them, even sitting at the opposite end of Jihyo. Poor Jihyo, I don't think he had to take it that far, it's not like she's desperate for him either :rolleyes:. Maybe he was concerned not just about being teased but as to how it might look to certain people watching the show later? B)

He perked up when Somin entered, saying 그래 (that's it) when he should have been wanting no further members in order to win, and indeed when the other 2 guys entered he reacted appropriately aghast LOL. He was much brighter when the whole group was sitting together, Somin somehow :Dsitting next to him. And he showed reluctance to be the one to spank her again - maybe again being conscious that Somin's family will see him doling out her punishment? The Kookmin trickery over Jaesuk's punishment was a delight lol. He was very quick to pick up Somin's intention. 

Looking forward to what signs we'll see in ep452! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1