[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

On 5/6/2019 at 1:07 AM, kirbee b said:

For anyone who wants to share, I have a couple of general questions about how kookmin fans got into "kookmin."

- How long have you been watching Running Man?

- What made you first notice the on-screen chemistry of "kookmin"?

I've been watching RM for about 5 years. I was a casual fan of it for a while. But I got more enthusiastic about it once Jeon Somin joined. I love the early episodes, but it's hard to keep up the energy and inventiveness of a show that's as long-running as RM. Once Somin joined, however, the show got a new spark, and I was amazed at how the show felt revitalized to me. So, I was Jeon Somin fan first, and noticed what she did on the show more than anything else.

The first "kookmin" moment I noticed after Somin became a permanent member was in ep. 372, when they role-played dating scenarios. They were all wearing pink sweatshirts, and Ji Suk Jin got really absorbed in JSM's and KJK's roleplay. Their roleplay was cute and JSJ getting more excited than I'd seen in a long time was also ridiculously cute. I really liked how new, unexpected things happened when KJK and JSM were put together.

I've been watching running man for almost three years now. The first year I was on and off, not too active. I'm just watching their best episodes from the past. Then the half of the second year I started to watch RM again, I start the episode when SM and SC joined. From there I'm active every week. 

First of all, I love all the RM members (even Gary) 100%. But I am a Kwang Soo's big fan, so I love him 200%.. lol

So I really didn't notice the Kookmin because of my eyes only searching Kwang Soo every episode. I love Kwangmin together but I'm not shipping them or anything, I just feel like they care for each other a lot but didn't feel any romantic feeling from them. I just love them when they are together, they make me laugh and happy.  

So back to the question, when did I noticed the on-screen chemistry? I noticed it sooooo late, its the episode when Sm went to JK concert... lol   When yjs said that sm mom said that jk can be her son in law. Honestly, I never saw JK smilling and looking happy when someone teases him about a girl, I was so surprised. He always shakes his head and waves his hand (means NO or stop) when Rm members tease him. And then yjs said but the sm mom thinks its too much age gap or something his face change like he's disappointed or something. That's when I said to myself "there's something going on here", hahahaha.. Then I started searching about somin and Joong jook on youtube and I found kookminclan. Been watching it for almost 2 weeks now and damn I realize JK has some feelings for Sm. lol... I don't know about Sm yet but I think Sm has a crush or something for jk too. But the obvious for me is Jk, he changed when he is around so min and I am so happy... lol

Never shipped anyone in Rm member, even kwangmin I didnt even search them up on youtube ever. Because I don't feel any romantic chemistry, But the Kookmin, damn there is chemistry and it is romantic. hahahaha

By the way, Kookmin shippers are awesome. I love how all the kookmin shippers are so nice and respectful. No toxic shippers. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, minahnoona said:

https://www.instagram.com/jsomin86/p/Bxbf_ynBZFu/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rcv1zybceq3f

I'm screaming!!!!! Jongkook took these pics of Somin. She even put feat. Jongkook Oppa. 

Kookmin are trying to kill me ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG, My Heart what to do??? This is a different level already 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, shamos83 said:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG, My Heart what to do??? This is a different level already 

Grab your life vest folks!!! This ship is speeding up! I'm just... WOW just... 

I'd like to have seen the bts of Jongkook taking the pics hehehe. What would his expression be like as she posed so cutely? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, minahnoona said:

Grab your life vest folks!!! This ship is speeding up! I'm just... WOW just... 

I'd like to have seen the bts of Jongkook taking the pics hehehe. What would his expression be like as she posed so cutely? 

I want to know too, this is so cute, this shows that Kookmin don't care about haters, I mean people speculated that they would stop interacting online but this shows they will not. I just want to know now. I think dispatch can find something on KJK now, they should follow him around for a while now lollllll:D:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh and it looks like the pic was also taken on an RM filming day! That's 3 Insta posts from RM filming by Somin - wonder if Jongkook also took the first 2? :wub: she must be in a really good mood when filming RM these days ㅋㅋㅋ

These 2 are moving faster than I expected lol. Let me breathe pleez 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 5/13/2019 at 6:07 AM, minahnoona said:

Ep 451 subbed on Myrunningman.com

Subbed ep is out and I watched the spanking segment. One thing about subbing is that sometimes they don't translate literally and apply their own interpretation of the intent of the sentence rather than the actual sentence which I think can be misleading or missing the nuance somethimes? Like Jaesuk's line to Jongkook - 'ni yeoja chingu ya?"which was translated to 'are you two dating?' whereas he clearly said girlfriend "yeoja chingu" (so more like 'is she your girlfriend?). 

Then there's Jongkook's line "nega do yojeum choahaneun dongsaeng" which was translated as "she's like a sister to me" whereas I think it's more like "these days she's a close younger female that I like" (probably in the sense of am fond of/close to rather than romantically in this context). Dongsaeng doesn't mean sister literally, but a younger male/female that you have a close relationship/friendship with (not just biological younger siblings). 

For those of us that depend on subs I guess that's the thing we have to deal with. My Korean is very basic but enough to understand simple words, so I do pick up on these things. Just like i notice that in dramas they hardly ever translate Oppa or those other Korean pronouns correctly in English - choosing to use the character names instead in the subs. 

Thanks for that and for posting it on my channel. There are fans going on about how he said jsm is like a sister to him when that is not what he said at all. He said it in context where he was chosen to flog her to make it clear he didn't want to do it since she is a close dongsaeng he likes. He didn't mean to say "she is my sister, we don't have any relationship". It was not even a clarification. The way jsj and yjs reacted also show they were saying it was fine despite him loving/liking her. So how can it be taken as a clarification on his part? How many times has kjk cleared his relationship with sjh, said she is family and the shippers pretend he is joking? 

When yjs asked "Are you helping her because you are your GF", kjk, said "aniya" but to me,  he was answering  more to the second part, "no, i am helping her to make the situation funnier". Like someone pointed out, this is the second time yjs has asked kjk, "is she your girlfriend?". if they are such lovely siblings, why should yjs mention that? there is no reason why an oppa dongsaeng cannot be more than that. everyone knows that. but some fans want to pretend that kookmin have a blood sibling relationship so that they can be at peace.

I found kookmin's tacit understanding about flogging yjs very interesting. we have rarely seen them make mischief together, but there, it looked like both knew what the other person was thinking. it is what YooLee would do together or kjk-haha who have been friends with each other for years. But kjk and jsm pulled it off beautifully.  jsm didn't have to say anything to kjk , he just knew and jsm knew right when she had to take the paddle from kjk. that shows a lot of understanding considering they have not been teamed up enough. That is why i feel what we see on the show doesn't reveal much of the kookmin dynamic.

kjk has been clicking a lot of pictures for jsm from whatever we are seeing. all those pics she posts on filming day, i have my suspicions about who takes some of them. last week when kjk uploaded the picture and jsm replied, "oppa, it is good weather", he said "it is good weather to take pictures". whatever their relationship, i am happy they don't care about the hate and just keep doing their thing.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I love how supportive kjk is of the maknaes, but particularly of our cutie frog. last episode when it looked like haha would win, kjk said 'but she can still win, right?" . i really want to see her win one day. she looks so happy when she wins and i want to see his proud face.

Edited by kookminclan RunningMan
edited to keep peace
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi! the first time join and commented here :D (also my english isnt good, please correct me if I had grammatical errors :sweatingbullets: )

I loved it when I saw jongkook had loveline with every woman who came to rm, because I really wanna see him to get married lol

All the loveline he had, with somin I felt comfortable to see, it is natural and not forced. 

Actually, I wanted to ship them long way before the kookmin shipper exist, but because of spartace and kwangmin I didnt think kookmin shipper was possible

Then, I saw kookminclan video on yt and suddenly feel excited while yelling I knew it! and here I am still shipping them :D

• Like 6
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

Thanks for that and for posting it on my channel. There are fans going on about how he said jsm is like a sister to him when that is not what he said at all. He said it in context where he was chosen to flog her to make it clear he didn't want to do it since she is a close dongsaeng he likes. He didn't mean to say "she is my sister, we don't have any relationship". It was not even a clarification. The way jsj and yjs reacted also show they were saying it was fine despite him loving/liking her. So how can it be taken as a clarification on his part? How many times has kjk cleared his relationship with sjh, said she is family and the shippers pretend he is joking? 

When yjs asked "Are you helping her because you are your GF", kjk, said "aniya" but to me,  he was answering  more to the second part, "no, i am helping her to make the situation funnier". Like someone pointed out, this is the second time yjs has asked kjk, "is she your girlfriend?". if they are such lovely siblings, why should yjs mention that? there is no reason why an oppa dongsaeng cannot be more than that. everyone knows that. but some fans want to pretend that kookmin have a blood sibling relationship so that they can be at peace.

I found kookmin's tacit understanding about flogging yjs very interesting. we have rarely seen them make mischief together, but there, it looked like both knew what the other person was thinking. it is what YooLee would do together or kjk-haha who have been friends with each other for years. But kjk and jsm pulled it off beautifully.  jsm didn't have to say anything to kjk , he just knew and jsm knew right when she had to take the paddle from kjk. that shows a lot of understanding considering they have not been teamed up enough. That is why i feel what we see on the show doesn't reveal much of the kookmin dynamic.

kjk has been clicking a lot of pictures for jsm from whatever we are seeing. all those pics she posts on filming day, i have my suspicions about who takes some of them. last week when kjk uploaded the picture and jsm replied, "oppa, it is good weather", he said "it is good weather to take pictures". whatever their relationship, i am happy they don't care about the hate and just keep doing their thing.

And I saw on ig,  a jongkook fan acc posted a photo of jk said somin like a sister and their capt was no f****ing loveline 

looks like we cant ship them in peaceful

• Like 1

Hi! People attack what they feel threatened by, so I wouldn't worry about these folks who have their own stories to push. Jongkook and Somin certainly aren't bothered by them, as we can see by their continued SNS activity! 

Thank you @kookminclan RunningMan for stepping up to clear the air in this thread. I think that really was the best approach to take. :thumbsup:

Another thing about the word dongsaeng, it literally is the pairing word for Oppa/Hyung. If you have an Oppa/Hyung, you have a dongsaeng. Does that mean that all girls who call guys Oppa mean that the guy is like a real brother to them? This is why you don't have dramas literally translating the word "Oppa" in their subs - it would ruin the romantic vibe if the translation in dramas for "Oppa saranghae!" was "Brother I love you!" LOL. There is just no adequate English equivalent for this. Whereas there is something pretty similar in some other Asian countries that I know of. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Great fun and relief after yesterdays' whirlwind of people shouting 'he said sister' despite the kookmin interactions in the flogging scene to somin posting pictures taken by oppa today, I mean everyday feels like a drama we watch hoping for the perfect ending. Obviously, it may turn out to be a long run but, I am glad to share the excitement with the fellow shippers with positivity and no ill intent towards others. And I greatly appreciate such efforts. However, I can see few non-kookmin shippers coming in on the kookmin youtube channel or here where they put their own thoughts which are not necessarily always positive. No disrespect to them, but if possible, if admin can remove such members, I would really appreciate it. It is the best scenario for them as well as us. Happy writing kookmin shippers..:)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I didn't realise Jongkook has such an expressive face hehe. Here's a gifset of his micro-expressions from the intro in ep449 and my interpretation of his thought bubbles (in my opinion, just for fun hehe)

PRVQ54v.gif

iWcWvEk.gif

PlMq3Kz.gif

myFnrO1.gif

DouF7q2.gif

Key points for me:

- He was unusually earnest in praising Somin's mum's beauty

- He didn't revert to his usual MO in deflecting lovelines by saying she is family to him

- He looks quite delighted compared to his usual reaction to teasing of lovelines by others. 

- Even when Jaesuk rained on his parade by mentioning age, he was like yeah but in any case I still made an impression on her mum. Why so insistent on this Jongkook instead of just going yeah i'm too old for her and leave it at that. 

- He said "for now"... i wonder what he else he would have said if Jaesuk hadn't started talking about him leaving comments on Somin's SNS posts. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

i am really glad i have calm, level-headed kookmin shippers with me here and on the youtube channel.

this would be the perfect time to introduce myself. perhaps it is because i have been an on and off RM viewer who have watched other variety shows and dramas that i never entered the 'we hate new members' bandwagon. coffee prince was the first kdrama i watched. i fell in love with yeh, stayed as a NERI for a while and flitted in through different fandoms. i became kjk fan because of X-man, loved family outing and was a regular RM viewer in the first few years. then RM started becoming boring and i went into the greener pastures of other fandoms.

it was the firing controversy that brought me back to RM. it also coincided with a marriage forecast and blind date for kjk. so in 2017, it looked like kjk was going to get married soon. soon after, the new members were added and i, for one, found it refreshing because finally you had new faces.

i have followed kjk's other ships but because of reasons not to be mentioned here, weren't into any of them. perhaps we ship based on what we think our bias needs and in case of kjk, feel he needs someone who will brighten up his life, get him out of his 'black' house, drag him to do spontaneous things. perhaps that is the reason i prefer kookmin. 

i watched kjk's other shows when i came back to RM. there is this show called dragon brothers he did with his friends. i referred to an article by hong kyung min, right? he is also there on the show.on that show, all his friends ask kjk to get married, but he just doesn't seem like a person who has the enthusiasm to take the plunge. it is like he is in search of someone or something and whatever the others tell him and whatever safe choices are before him, something tells him 'this is not it'. maybe i am projecting what i went through in a different phase of my life, but you know what i am getting at :))

if you watch the episode on MUD where kjk attends his niece's wedding, it is the same picture. he is always asking his nephew-in-law 'how do you know she is the right one?'. his aunts tell him 'meet a woman once or twice and that is enough. marriage happens when the people around you force you into getting into it' and kjk just nods his head and sits there, not convinced.

so if kjk has to get married, he has to meet someone full of life, someone who will make him feel marriage is exciting enough to get into, someone full of romance and you know who has all that - jsm. if you take a look at kjk's career graph as an artist, his most popular songs are all love songs. to be a romantic singer, you need some romance in your life. kjk might have had that. after all he has dated 8 women, but after 2012, his solo albums just stopped. may be it was because his RM image took over, may be  it was something else. 

anyway,  it is after 9 years that he had a solo concert after long. guess who comes to the first day of the concert? jsm.

so i don't know, i just see jsm as this spring that kjk needs in his life :)) that is why i ship them. their being opposites and having the thing that the other lacks add to the charm of the relationship. he is colder on the outside, she is warm. she has the persistence and the energy to worm her way into his heart and find its gooey centre. he has the courage and the generosity to protect her and try to understand her.

despite the differences, their concept of love is similar. they are both cheesy, hardcore romantics for whom, it looks like marriage is something more than what it is for other people.

one more reason i love jsm for kjk: she has an amazing ear for music. she is into all these indie songs most k-pop fans haven't even heard of and loves singers, both mainstream and non-mainstream. having a partner like that will not just fill your life with romance, but also with music.

for me, kjk needs all these things in his life - romance, music and full-blooded life and jsm has all those. 

that is my answer to the big question: why do i ship kookmin? :))))

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, minahnoona said:

I didn't realise Jongkook has such an expressive face hehe. Here's a gifset of his micro-expressions from the intro in ep449 and my interpretation of his thought bubbles (in my opinion, just for fun hehe)

PRVQ54v.gif

iWcWvEk.gif

PlMq3Kz.gif

myFnrO1.gif

DouF7q2.gif

Key points for me:

- He was unusually earnest in praising Somin's mum's beauty

- He didn't revert to his usual MO in deflecting lovelines by saying she is family to him

- He looks quite delighted compared to his usual reaction to teasing of lovelines by others. 

- Even when Jaesuk rained on his parade by mentioning age, he was like yeah but in any case I still made an impression on her mum. Why so insistent on this Jongkook instead of just going yeah i'm too old for her and leave it at that. 

- He said "for now"... i wonder what he else he would have said if Jaesuk hadn't started talking about him leaving comments on Somin's SNS posts. 

this is perfect :)))) i have to agree with your captions because the micro-expressions scream those very things you posted. 

praising somin's mum's beauty was a nice touch. a man with his eye to the future ;)) 

yes, there were hundreds of objections kjk could have raised. he could have said 'it is not natural', 'she is too young for me', 'i see her as a sister', 'i can set up jsm with younger men than me' , 'so min and me don't match' but no, it had to be 'i am happy i left an impression on her mom for now' :))) exactly the kind of thing a man would say when he is on the road to conquer a potential in-law's heart. 

today's post: i feel ysc meant to troll jsm. he posted the pics an hour after jsm posted hers with the exact same caption except for changing the gender. this time, her oppa didn't troll her but trolled the man who trolled her :))) 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@kookminclan RunningMan thanks for sharing your kookmin story! i didn't pay as much attention to Jongkook other than being a general fan of RM. As I have mentioned in your channel that I came to kookmin as a fan of Somin and I really appreciated your comments on how Jongkook is well-suited for her as well! 

To be honest, I'm more of a anyoneSominwantsihopeshegets-min shipper. But I'm  really enjoying Kookmin right now - is it love or spring in the air these days heheheheh. Somin has been gifting us with lovely posts of her and flowers or just being cute while filming. Is it Spring there now because it's the season or because she is in love (to paraphrase a certain Ms Jeon Somin hehehehe)? 

Waiting for the day she'll make an appearance on MUD - i know they showed her in the concert segment, but I would love something with more interaction. Either with Jongkook or as a guest in the studio. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, minahnoona said:

@kookminclan RunningMan thanks for sharing your kookmin story! i didn't pay as much attention to Jongkook other than being a general fan of RM. As I have mentioned in your channel that I came to kookmin as a fan of Somin and I really appreciated your comments on how Jongkook is well-suited for her as well! 

To be honest, I'm more of a anyoneSominwantsihopeshegets-min shipper. But I'm  really enjoying Kookmin right now - is it love or spring in the air these days heheheheh. Somin has been gifting us with lovely posts of her and flowers or just being cute while filming. Is it Spring there now because it's the season or because she is in love (to paraphrase a certain Ms Jeon Somin hehehehe)? 

Waiting for the day she'll make an appearance on MUD - i know they showed her in the concert segment, but I would love something with more interaction. Either with Jongkook or as a guest in the studio. 

i have shipped kjk with female celebs who may not be the fan-favorites and have followed his other popular ships. at the moment, feel kjk and jsm have something which can help fill up what the other lacks. the personality differences can be a bonus but it can also be an issue if not handled well. so my policy is i will ship as long as that feeling stays in me. when that feeling 'these two people can have something beautiful if they get together' goes away, i will move on. 

whatever has to happen between kookmin has to be organic. i know some jsm fans have wanted her to guest or feature in the show in some way for some time but it can happen only when people see them as close in public. now that is happening. kjk called jsm his favorite dongsaeng, she attended his concert with her parents, her mom met him and wondered if he could be the 'one'. there is a story to tell and that is what variety shows look for. perhaps it will happen in the future :))

• Like 6

@VinTae everyone has their reasons. some fans may be feeling protective over their biases, some fans may not want kookmin to happen because they ship him/her with someone else. i had an experience like that with a neutral sounding commenter on my channel recently. once you follow their activity and understand their bias, you see through them.

so don't take these things to heart :))

with many fans of older members including kjk fans, there is a neat division between old members and new members. i don't see it that way may be because RM has been one of my favorite shows, but not the only show. kjk has done other shows and made other friends too. finally, what matters is not how long you have known someone, what matters is how soon you connect. in the case of jsm, because of her personality, feel she has connected with the members including kjk in a way most new members couldn't have. i feel the force of her magnetic personality and that is why kjk and jsm becoming so close this soon makes sense to me :))

• Like 7

Hi everyone! I have been reading this forum for a while and I just can't hold it in any longer, the discussions here are so mature and calm. 

I started watching Running man when the new members joined on a whim. I read a few articles about the new members who would be joining and decided to give it a try and then got hooked by the beautiful chaos that goes on.

Somin was my favourite, she has such an infectious smile and such great positive energy. A little happy pill. 

Kim jong kook was actually somebody I misunderstood. But then I went back and watched all the old episodes and also mud and I realised what sort of person he actually is. 

At first, it was clear that the two weren't as close and comfortable with each other which is understandable because they have such different personalities.

Even though it's been close to two years, their relationship recently has progressed so quickly. There's such an undeniably stark difference in their interactions from the episode they reveal somin asked kjk out for coffee.

Whatever the relationship between the two, they have such good chemistry and balance each other out. I will support them separately and together as long as they're happy 

• Like 6
  • Love 1