[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

I'm not sure what level is above "fever pitch", but we're getting there!!  There is a lot of drum beating, going to war like music in this episode.  MS is not holding back.

After getting the news about the fake doctor, Jenny goes to MS.  She had questioned shady Mom about it, but of course, Mom denies any wrongdoing.  Jenny told ES she was going to meet with MS prior to them going to ES's house, so later ES joined the conversation with MS.   Jenny is getting an earful, and both Jenny and ES are in total shock.  I can hardly wait for subs!!

MS doesn't seem to be doing well physically.  I'm worried as the preview shows him getting blood work done at the hospital.

Funny how Jenny is getting more information about her shady Mom than the so-called investigators that are supposed to be finding the Black Rose.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shady mom is so evil, it actually makes me sick. What kind of person exploits, abuses, manipulates and controls an innocent child that's not even theirs to begin with? What does shady mom want? How many more people does she have to hurt before someone finally puts her in jail? And her brother? The fact that's he's gonna be commissioner... disgusting. As for the statute of limitations... no need to worry about that chingus. MS and karma will deal with shady mom excellently.

On a lighter note, SA and DJ have gotten married and it was their perfect wedding. Small and with their family. KS, that crazy but hilarious Mr. Sherlock, came over and gave SA some flowers then congratulated the newlywed couple. How sweet! ME loves her new mom and grandma. The whole family is happy.

Looks like a storm is coming. MS is not afraid of shady mom and will do everything in his power to bring her down! Jenny found out from KI that Dr. Yoon was fake and is still out there. It seems like she knows about the book... does she? Jenny tells ES about it but is keeping something from him... the pickpocket was shady mom. I still wanna know more about this Black Rose. What did she do? Jenny asks her about Dr. Yoon and the sessions, but shady mom being shady mom, she just denies it all, in the preview. Jenny, in this episode, does have it on her mind. The truth will come to light, and Ms. Ji will no longer be bullied or tormented. She sleepwalked, thinking of her daughter. I feel so bad for her...

Again, things are heating up even more. We've got 40 something episodes left till the end, and I've never stuck with a 120-episode drama this long, so things are going at a nice pace. I feel like YM is gonna be more of a serious character soon enough, rather than comic relief. Same thing with EJ.

Correction.... the USB info of illegal money transactions actually came from some employees inside the hotel.  MS is dealt a real blow, and tells his asst. to have the personnel Dept. discipline them.  Also, to contact the legal team and find out what repercussions they might face, worst case scenario.  

MS is a wealth of information about Jenny's treatment and she is getting quite an education.  The pickpocket life of crime is at the center of suppressing her memories, so now ES knows of the shady past.  Let's hope he starts talking to DJ and Sherlock and getting the ball rolling here.  When asked why MS is so fixated on Jenny's well-being, his answer is that they both share a similar experience (probably parent separation).

Oh god. Shady mom is despicable! Now she's gaslighting and manipulating Jenny! It's like she's obsessed with her. Jenny even used to self-harm, and because, shady mom didn't even try to get her help, she just erased Jenny's memories with hypnosis. MS has a lot to say about Jenny's past, and is willing to tell her everything. I can see Jenny retaliating against her mom soon.

Ms. Ji wasn't sleepwalking, she still has that mental problem from her car accident. She went into some kind of daze and just zoned out. The family is oblivious. SA and DJ are adorable, they're so sweet to each other and their family. They'll live a happy life.

Shady mom found a draft of MS's book. She is not happy and wants him gone. Praying that MS survives and lives at the end! Looks like shady mom is gonna take stuff into her own hands!

Jenny's head is finally working right and she's starting to connect the pieces. Things are clicking into place. I recommend not going to shady mom... Keep it up, and you'll discover the truth very soon. Let the revenge begin!

Published on 5 Sep 2019
[Shady Mom in Law EP77|수상한 장모 77회] 손우혁(안만수)은 지금의 신다은(제니 한)을 지키는 것이 우선이라는 박진우(오은석)에 지키지 못하면 옛날로 돌아갈 것이라 경고한다.

I read this under YouTube clip I posted 

Using Google translate, MS warns ES to protect Jenny from now on, if he doesn't want him to interfere to protect her himself, like the old times

Another clip and comment
Spoiler

Shady Mom in Law EP77|수상한 장모 77회] 김혜선(왕수진)은 가족에 대한 그리움을 언급하는 손우혁(안만수)에게 아무런 눈치도 채지 못하고 가만있지 않겠다며 선전포고를 한다

Kim Hye-sun (Wang Soo-jin) declares propaganda that she will not remain silent without notice to Son Woo-hyuk (Ahn Man soo), who mentions longing for his family. (Google translate ), (ps: Mrs Wang is referring to the USB)

Short description 

[선전포고] 김혜선, 전혀 눈치 못 채는 손우혁 ‘가족 이야기’ 

[Promotional Declaration] Kim Hye-sun, Son Woo-Hyuk 'Family Story' (Mrs Wang and MS "family story")

it seems MS will talk about his family for the first time, if I get it right

preview

Spoiler

11 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The actress? 

Calm down, I'm pretty sure it's a habit :joy:

I am remembering now why I would fast forward her in other shows... I’m sensitive to irritating sounds.

ooh, looks like Ms Ji’s subconscious mind is making a connection and that is why her sleepwalking is coming back.

and how the heck has Shady Mom forgotten giving birth? 

should we have a bet on whether jenny and eun seok's wedding will actually happen in a week as they are planning? eun seok jokingly says they should have gotten married at the same of time of song ah and dong joo and jenny says "what could happen in a week?" kekekek... makes me think that some bombs are going to go off and could delay the wedding yet again.

does anyone else thin that eun seok has lost it a bit in his desperation to get married to jenny? man soo actually warns him that at some point eun seok will have to pay for loving jenny but eun seok is acting like a version of naive jenny. is that happens when you are in love? you take on the character of your partner? so because jenny is naive, he also becomes naive? LOL. and this was the same eun seok who was insistent in the beginning of the drama that shady mom was dangerous and kept asking jenny to be alert. now, he just wants to pretend the past doesn't exist and would rather not stir up the past. he doesn't even think how bizarre it is that jenny has no memories.

aunt and eun ji raised the stakes where they told jenny that shady mom has to apologize for the hair pulling and the couple must spend the weekends visiting grandpa. eun seok is in some desperate bid to protect jenny and keeps tsking. you would think that aunt and eun ji were being unreasonable when they were actually polite considering.

23 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

This is not good :(

I hope he doesn't die at the end :bawling:

hope so too. unlike some villains where there is no out other than death, man soo can be written in many ways. hopefully we will get a great ending for him that we enjoy. am wondering how kyung in living alone in the annex is going to play. part of me wonders if man soo will need some sort of cave to hide and so kyung in becomes his confidant and hides him. that would be interesting no?

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hope so too. unlike some villains where there is no out other than death, man soo can be written in many ways. hopefully we will get a great ending for him that we enjoy. am wondering how kyung in living alone in the annex is going to play. part of me wonders if man soo will need some sort of cave to hide and so kyung in becomes his confidant and hides him. that would be interesting no?

I  like your imagination :D  I already like MS and Kyung In together.

actually MS isn't a typical villain, he isn't clinging to Jenny, but he is willing to accept her marriage to ES as long as she is safe. To him she suffered from Shady Mom that's why he pities her, but really I think he will move on, after exposing shady mom.

I hope he won't die, because for now he is not committing crimes like villains of other dailies  (my famous example Namjun in Left-handed wife :D ) so no need to kill him. I just feel that his grandfather is adoptive, not biological, because his real dad seemed quite poor. 

as for criminal activities, it is rather related to his mom, his uncle,  and I suspect his grandfather too. 

I don't know when he will tell Shady Mom she is his mother 

@Lmangla I think ES as a character is going flat, frankly. MS, on the other hand, has gone from flat to interesting pretty early on, and has kept developing.  He is determined, and Shady Mom is being so slow!

Why is the comment thread so quiet when so much interesting stuff is happening? Jenny is waking up, the aunt and EJ may have been angry, but they weren’t unreasonable since an apology was in order, and the grandpa is old and attached to ES. In fact, I was surprised at the aunt. I thought she would want ES out of the house for good. 

And Ae Young is making sure the baby survives and that the aunt will know. Ae Young’s facial expressions were so funny, though, and the way she defected YM was masterful. And everyone in his family except his mother is suspicious of Young Man. And I’ve already commented on Ji’s subsconcious recognition of Kyung Ah.

11 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

And Ae Young is making sure the baby survives and that the aunt will know. Ae Young’s facial expressions were so funny, though, and the way she defected YM was masterful. And everyone in his family except his mother is suspicious of Young Man.

kekeke.... she is growing on me in how she masterfully manipulates yong man into doing her bidding. she is actually clever in a funny way and it looks like he needs someone like her to keep him on his toes and actually do some work.

13 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Why is the comment thread so quiet when so much interesting stuff is happening? Jenny is waking up, the aunt and EJ may have been angry, but they weren’t unreasonable since an apology was in order, and the grandpa is old and attached to ES. In fact, I was surprised at the aunt. I thought she would want ES out of the house for good. 

on some level, aunt seems to care for him even if yong man is her first priority. if yong man isn't in the picture, then it is easy for her to show some affection for eun seok and she is actually quite protective of him. and despite her overwhelming blindness when it comes to yong man, with eun seok, she has been very practical and astute when it comes to dealing with jenny. she is right in demanding an apology because shady mom would otherwise take advantage and go berserk. it is a way of reminding shady mom that eun seok is not alone and will not be taken advantage of so easily. (even if he is acting like the biggest idiot of all time at the moment)...

23 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

actually MS isn't a typical villain, he isn't clinging to Jenny, but he is willing to accept her marriage to ES as long as she is safe. To him she suffered from Shady Mom that's why he pities her, but really I think he will move on, after exposing shady mom.

I hope he won't die, because for now he is not committing crimes like villains of other dailies  (my famous example Namjun in Left-handed wife :D ) so no need to kill him. I just feel that his grandfather is adoptive, not biological, because his real dad seemed quite poor. 

yea I feel like there is no need to kill him off especially as he is interesting and he hasn't done any crime. first we need jenny to find the truth and also for him to confront shady mom and then to see the reactions from shady mom. so even if there is another attempt, think he will survive for now.

MS stated at the end that he is not afraid of the USB that shady Mom has.  She's convinced that it would be devastating to him, but actually what he has on shady Mom is plea deal material.  What he could offer to prosecutors is worth a lot.  He admitted to shady Mom that he was looking for a family, but now that plan is out the window, so he must move on to Plan B.

My goodness, how naive is Eun Suk?  He's turned into a wimp that is so lovestruck that he cannot see the potential dangers, even after hearing all that from MS.  And poor Jenny.... I feel so bad for her.  Such a mentally abusive childhood and then going in to greet the sharks at ES's house.  :(

Now MS says he's giving shady Mom a week to reveal the truth about Jenny and Mrs. Ji.  I hope it's not too late as Mrs. Ji is becoming more and more distraught.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

MS stated at the end that he is not afraid of the USB that shady Mom has.  She's convinced that it would be devastating to him, but actually what he has on shady Mom is plea deal material.  What he could offer to prosecutors is worth a lot.  He admitted to shady Mom that he was looking for a family, but now that plan is out the window, so he must move on to Plan B.

found it interesting that he was looking for a family and yet he was very cautious. so his father's words and death really struck a chord in that he wasn't going to approach her and immediately reveal who he was. he waited to get to know her and grew disgusted with her as time went on. so if he met her when he was 20, is he 30 years old now?

Archived