Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

3 hours ago, nonski said:

@Jillia thanks for your insightful post as well as for the rest of the Extra Squad.

Sorry to cut you post short... re this, I read earlier from this thread that he might be the writer tho it was not elaborated and I dunno how it will all add up.

@jeonghyang you naughty naughty dongsaeng!

Sorry haven't been around for two weeks, been sick and swamped with work.  I will try to be around this finale week.

I hope you're better now and work isn't too stressful, chingu! :D

Yeah that was a theory from DCGall. Many Knetizens thought Kyung's brother could be the writer. But the plot never pointed to it afterwards. He just aware and knows a lot more than he let the viewer or even his brother know. He is actually kinda creepy. I'm sure we will find out what role he played in "Trumpet Creeper".

The Drama:

fcbf5f9d57640be531b4ba8433e385a36bbc7557fe18d214f25f381e9d4d427842410395676d01ad

Spoiler

e261e7843bfc494e9cf05b1e856a7f91105be976d04f7fe0c0cbd4d95e23d52e0dd58be62310cfa1

49cc78ed6233afa43dbea29165472e13bb7a87f0a0fc5b436fecb3dd9a95eb375c9add2ec2d4f678

Credit: liveasbutterflies

Me:

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Posted Images

I'm curious though when it comes to Dan Oh there is a lot mystery going on. First of all, why suddenly her heart would act up in a bad way as soon as she is near Ha Ru? I read a theory that would actually support that the shadow is controlled by the writer as well that if things don't go the way they're supposed to on stage it will continue in the shadow. So even though Dan Oh was fine on stage, after Ha Ru changed the stage, in the shadow her heart would go off. If the writer still controls the shadow is this her/his way of keeping Dan Oh away from Ha Ru?

But the other thing I've been thinking about why Dan Oh doesn't remember anything at all in regards of "Trumpet Creeper"? Ha Ru of course can see the past, so he was bound to remember his role in that manhwa. But also he came across the hole with scenes from the past which possibly triggered his memories to come back.

With Jinmichae we don't know exactly how he came into this world and if he became aware just like Ha Ru by finding "Trumpet Creeper" and maybe finding the blackhole as well. But there is at least a similar pattern with Kyung. He found "Trumpet Creeper" but only put the pieces slowly and partly wrongly together until he saw the hole and the scene from the sageuk manhwa in there. This triggered the memory in the hospital after he removed the mask. So for Ha Ru and Kyung at least that's part of the reason why they remember "Trumpet Creeper" and Dan Oh doesn't.

We remember that Dan Oh as well saw the blackhole on the bridge (so did Jinmichae - did he, unlike Dan Oh, see something in there?) but unlike Ha Ru and later Kyung she didn't see a scene from "Trumpet Creeper" in there to trigger her memories.

So maybe the reason for that is she actually died on stage in "Trumpet Creeper" and she came back with a clean cut and as a "new" character without any memories left - not even in the back of her mind. I think Ha Ru was wondering if like him she had this familiar feeling while being at the historical place at the summer camp and at the pond. And when she said "This place seems familiar" Ha Ru was almost hopeful. And maybe somewhere very deep inside of her she still has something left from back then because she then said "I was a princess". I mean she wasn't and she could've just said that because what girl wouldn't say "princess" when hearing "sageuk"?

But anyways, I think another reason why Dan Oh doesn't remember, not even after Kyung gave her those burned comic pieces, it's because of her personality. She has a very different attitude towards not only "Secret" but "Trumpet Creeper" as well. You would think she would be interested in knowing how the two stories are connected and how her and Ha Ru are connected throughout at least two manhwas. Or even wonder if they had a happy ending, since Ha Ru told her he was something like a prince (I think at this point he didn't know his role in "Trumpet Creeper" exactly) and Dan Oh was something like a princess. But she doesn't wonder at all. Some might think she is passive and uncaring. But actually she got a lot to deal with in her current setup with her disease. I also think she is sensitive enough to notice how the memories from the sageuk manhwa torment Ha Ru, even though he isn't saying it. But most importantly, Dan Oh rather sticks to the present which can still be changed, therefore her fate is still something that can changed as well, and not to the past which has already ended and can't be changed. Hence why she keeps telling Ha Ru that what happens in "Trumpet Creeper" doesn't matter because they're in "Secret" now and together there. If she would cling to a past where she died how would she be able to believe in a happy ending for herself in "Secret"? If she would remember what happened would it feel like she is losing to the writer AGAIN in the current manhwa?

We know Dan Oh wants to live and she is torn between begging the writer to live and smiling at everyone while still being worried. I think by not remembering and giving back those pieces to Kyung, she is protecting herself from losing hope. To see those pieces and those lines which are the exact lines in "Secret" was already worrying her a lot.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
10 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

Maybe Dohwa's brother is tired of wearing mundane doctor clothes on stage so he wears flamboyant clothes in shadow,when he goes out with his friends for dinner and clubs and such! lol

Oh I love that. :D Just like Sae Mi actually likes Soo Chul in the shadows but has to like blank canvas Nam Joo. :lol: I love the idea the character have all little details going on in the shadow.

Talking of fashion though... Do Hwa in a turtleneck sweater is a thing tbh. :wub:

1573914360.gif

Credit: DCGall

• Like 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

But Rowoon is just a living art. He made that flowery suit to be that sexy on him. Gosh... his handsomeness radiates in all directions. :love: Also have we talked about how gorgeous he is in that white coat before! Next reunion with HY, doctor drama yes. 

yes, he is just too gorgeous. hard to take your eyes off of him

• Like 6

In the end scene of last episode where Dan oh is walking away from Haru to some friends. they to not look like her usual friends... I really wonder what her set up is now and who those student are to her.  :blink:

• Like 4

It makes me really wonder though if there are any more characters who even if they're not aware feel something is always off as soon as the stage ends. 

@stargazer187

I adore how they all get along so well behind the scenes. They're super relaxed. But I'm also glad Kim Hye Yoon isn't reading any comments on the internet. We all know how knetizens can be like. It's better for actors to stay away from the internet prior, while and after filming a drama or movie. :lol:

@dairymilks

Unfortunately I can't recommend you any since I haven't read any DanHaRu fanfictions. I know there are some on AO3 as far as I know. :D

• Like 4

@dairymilks @stargazer187

There is a fanfcition section on Soompi but I would recommend looking in other fanfiction archives. Because it's much easier to look for fanfictions there than it is here.

However this would be the Soompi section:

https://forums.soompi.com/forum/7-fanfix/

And here is the AO3 archive which has some EY fanfictions to offer:

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/어쩌다 발견한 하루 | Extraordinary You (TV)/works

I believe @Calligrapher has been writing some fanfiction there. :) 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@Jillia ah.. your post is much faster than mine. :lol: I'm not good at writing but I love to read. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yup. Knets can be so scary. There are many cases where idols or celebs who gets depression because of malicious comments which keep flooding and attacking them. I know not all of them, but well online bully is happening every where. 

I feel bad that some of people sometimes bash on the actress when they dislike the character or when they find something against their bias or some sort of that. 

But many kfans approve KHY because of her acting skill. She gets more loves and deserves of it. 

Look at the last slide, where's HR???

Rowoon wasn't present during the recent filming because he went to Manila for a concert with SF9. :)

• Like 4

@stargazer187 @dairymilks

I wouldn't give so much about those photos tbh. They are not filming the scenes in the order they're edited together for the episodes. However I think this might be the end for "Secret" manhwa. But still... I think Rowoon though had to attend a performance with SF9. I wonder though why they would schedule it for the last days of filming instead of pushing it back a little.

I'm worried though because:

Spoiler

even though I didn't watch many drama this year I heard of some which wear good but got ruined in the last episode. So even though I believe they can't really ruin it, there is a tiny chance it could happen and it gives me anxiety. :lol: 

Plus Ha Ru's speech about should Dan Oh be his ending he would be fine as well, got me like:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

But they would be pretty dumb to end it with Dan Oh and Kyung being happy together. THAT would be fantasy. LMAO

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

@Jillia I'm feeling pretty anxious about the ending as well. I don't expect them to answer all our questions, but I hope they won't be too vague about it. I don't want them to leave it all up to interpretation.

So far, we're curious about the following:

1. How did Haru enter Secret? 

2. Does the writer also have control over the shadow? 

3. How did BK's brother know that death in the shadow will lead to loss of self-awareness? 

4. Who was responsible for Su Hyang's death?

5. What happened to TC!Haru and TC!Kyung after Dan Oh died?

6. What is the significance of the trumpet creeper in Secret?

7. What is the Secret in the manhwa?

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year