[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

Another solid episode. 

Spoiler

As expected, it looks like prince yeonryung will die next episode as indicated in the teaser. I guess that will be the big catalyst for yeoning to really fight. This episode made it sound like they just ignored gyeongjong but he is there, haha, I think it's just that everyone knows he not only is sterile, but also sickly in general so they realize he won't last long anyways. In addition to yeonryung's death, I think we can look forward to a stronger yeoji after han jeongsuk's [eventual] death.  

Also, there's been a bit of complaint about how chohong speaks to yeoning informally, but I kind of love how unapologetic she is? She didn't meet him as a prince, and still doesn't talk to him as such(as unrealistic as that is, the drama itself is fictional people!). She also doesn't back down to seo-ssi(feel sorry for her though, the reasons are endless, really). But yeah, her character screams impending-doom-before-drama's-end. 

There's also park hoon who will eventually join the gang- so much story to tell; this makes me confident that the drama will keep its momentum afloat till the end. (as much as i love super long dramas- I may be one of the few, lol- the lack of dragging is a good thing about a 24-episode epic sageuk, as opposed to 50+ 1-hr episodes)

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to add: 

Spoiler

LOVED the scene where geum/yeoning joined in on the game. Seriously, this scene gave me chills, almost a preview of what was to come. Honestly, this drama is reminding me of the reasons why I do like this writer when she gets it right. Dare I say, this could be her best drama after yi san(impossible to beat that one tbh). 

The ratings aren't high thus far but mon-tue is by far the toughest timeslot of all the dramas- wed-thur has 4 dramas that overlap, while mon-tue has a whopping 5. Though haechi has all the signs of ridiculously high ratings, it makes sense the ratings are only at 5-6- aside from the sheer number of competition, the crowned clown is also a sageuk and has already built momentum, with only a few episodes left. It's been a while since I've seen a public broadcast drama on primetime(weekday evenings) with +20% potential, and haechi is it. Hope more people start watching through word-of-mouth. 

There's been opinion that sbs should've aired this after the last empress on wed-thur, but the upcoming dramas by other stations at that timeslot seem more formidable so I think it wouldn't make much difference in that aspect. 

I really liked the episode 3, as we saw glimpses of the future team. The prince YN is now put in a difficult situation, in order to help his brother YR, he needs to betray his new friends. The mistress of the Prime Minister has realized that Noron has already abandoned prince MP/YT.

YR has to die soon because that way, YT has a new chance to become the future king. Yet, since Noron abandoned YT, MJH will be forced to support the prince YN.

after 4 eps, i think all is set to things be more interesting and sinister.

Spoiler

milpoong in the preview really scared me

@spark101

i loved this scene too. it was so funny and  the way she came , like "i'm going with him you stay". and then Yeo Jin. he was speechless.

i'm so found of Cho hong. she barely have scenes but when appears she just steals. so i'm hoping, even afraid of, that she'ss stay alive. mb joining him, befriend Yeo Jin. anyway, a lot to dream.

Spoiler

what i want is to see more of Yeo Jin (Go Ara). what i realized is that Yeongjo admired her (idk with is that the right word). but something about some glares (nothing romantic, just he admires her ambition) at the game when she said she wanted to be a official and she won. then he became king and nominated her Chief of Commissioner. she is respected by him. and he trusts her.

i'm glad the writer didnt try to make some misuderstood last long than one scene. i think now we are going to see more of them growing trust an friendship. romance (i'm not a hater, rs) probably will be subtle, if the writer dont changes. 

i have complains, to be honest, at the beggining. but now seeing more closely how Yeo Jin works, and we are only starting the drama, i was just exagerating, hope so.

Some of the things that I do not like in a sageuk is the power struggle that will then lead to the betrayal etc. However this is something that one has to expect when it comes to politics.  I wonder how Prince YN going to handle the situation.  It is clear that he didn't expect that part of a deal.  What will be his strategy to overcome it?   This is what I'm interested in at the moment.

Credit to the owner

3 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

This girl said so simply, that she will follow prince Yeoning

in the exile. I like it.

And then clueless YJ completely innocently asked  YG to

have a drink together. :D

Even YG was speechless.

Yes, that part is quite funny.  YJ really didn't know what the other women might be thinking when she said  that... ha ha...  I'm interested to know about her background especially when she is in a way accepted as one of the boys (men).

After reading your guys' comments, am already excited to watch the episodes tomorrow after eps 7/8 is subbed, haven't seen eps 5/6 yet because I want to watch it all at once^^. Glad to know that the story is going smoothly. Regarding the rating, right, The Crowned Clown still is the leading since it's already built its momentum, I actually love that one too.

I guess all three characters will each experience a loss, that scene of YJ standing in the rain, someone said Inspector Han will die?...(oh no, such a great guy), then YeoNing also in the rain, as @Yongzura's posted crying, and Mon Soo screaming and crying, not sure of Dal Moon though, haven't seen one from the teasers. 

Okay, more thoughts. Whew, that was a heavy episode. 

Spoiler

Man, the sequence of deaths were done so well. Hats off to director lee yong suk. And kim yi young has really outdone herself with this drama. That 상위복(announcing the king's death on the roof with the robe) scene was incredible. And oh, what a juicy preview. The events of this episode really set off the trigger. It'll be fun to see next week how geum and yeoji settle their misunderstandings?/conflict and work together with the gang. 

Kind of frustrating from an uber fan of this drama to see the ratings so low(seriously, it fell again??), but I guess it's expected - 5 dramas competing at the same time, two dramas near the end of their run so of course, people are seeing those out(crowned clown and jo deul ho), and oh yeah, forgot to mention there's a variety show that airs at the same time too. So no less than 6 shows total competing, with none of them below 3%. Seriously, I will be very surprised if the numbers don't go up eventually. As good as the other shows are, haechi honestly just has the pace and thrill for big ratings. 

i haven't watched today's eps yet, but i'm little confused. i'll put under spoiler. apologizes first if this sounds repetitive.

and thank's for any enlightenment!

Spoiler

so since Gyeonjong cant have a heir, they ( i dont remember if is noron or soron) want to put Prince Yeonryung as a next king. but he died young and now Yeongjo will try to reclaim the throne. it's something like this?

idk if it's clear. i got a little confused after read the dramabeans recap. also, i my head got puzzle with Gyonjong and Yeoryung.

21 minutes ago, mari_may said:

i haven't watched today's eps yet, but i'm little confused. i'll put under spoiler. apologizes first if this sounds repetitive.

and thank's for any enlightenment!

Hide contents

so since Gyeonjong cant have a heir, they ( i dont remember if is noron or soron) want to put Prince Yeonryung as a next king. but he died young and now Yeongjo will try to reclaim the throne. it's something like this?

idk if it's clear. i got a little confused after read the dramabeans recap. also, i my head got puzzle with Gyonjong and Yeoryung.

Pretty much. Well, I'll divide it by history and what happens in the drama:

Spoiler

so in history, there's not much on yeonryung. He dies at like, 20 years old, done. Yeongjo was said to be very intelligent and self-disciplined, a genius if you will. The soron faction opposed yeongjo. the noron supported him, hoping to make him their puppet. Yeongjo did not end up a puppet king and was an effective ruler, even if the noron did have political power. 

In the drama, yeonryung does not want to side with the noron. So it looks like the soron were backing him. So now, I imagine since yeonryung is dead and milpoong is crazy/incompetent/etc, minister min and co. will try to use yeongjo(someone's gotta be on the throne, after all, and gyeongjong, sukjong's successor, has no son of his own) and oppress yeongjo to gain political power. 

Hope that clears things up. Again, we'll have to see just what exactly min's plan is now. Looks like they were planning to use milpoong as their puppet originally, but they've all but deemed him too incompetent and unstable, so. 

I see...so the ratings fell again, no wonder TCC hit its double digit number rating and the highest thus far from last night's episode. As long as it doesn't fell too low, I believe it has the potential to rise, TCC has 3 eps left so we'll see how Haechi's rating will rise then. I hope it continues the pace till then.

So it seems Geum and Yeoji has a misunderstanding, I was wondering why that preview shows them fighting, with Yeoji wearing a mask. Can't wait!

Archived