[Drama 2018-2019] Move Over, Fate /Get Out of the Way, Fate, 비켜라 운명아

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No a whole lot of unexpected developments in today's episode.  Quite a good portion was on JinA and very little on SeungJu.   JA's sleazy "FIL" seems to be swindling them big time.  Her family is in $200K debt.   When NJ sympathizes with her on the fraud marriage and offers to help, at the hospital, JA makes it clear that she knows it is all just talk.  She is just "worn out" about everything; about him too.   That seemed to hurt NJ but he doesn't show it.  Looks like the woman has decided that she has to go away and become successful.  So, I guess this is all setting up the reasoning (and excuses) for why she may become success-driven and turn nasty down the line.  The JA actress is doing a fine job of acting so far.

By the way, it doesn't look like these two have really dated.  When she asks why he would take trouble, he said, "we are friends, you know.  Best friends".  That may be why he didn't remember her hair color or height at the airport :)

The lawyer tells NJ that the old chairman saw the news of NJ saving a heart attack patient and thought he looked just like his lost son (he showed NJ a picture also) and that is why he wants NJ to be the caregiver.  The lawyer also said that he will have to accompany the chairman to the company and keep things covered up, about his having Alzheimer's.   When JN asked, the lawyer immediately remitted an advance of $10K.  I think NJ already sent that money to JA.

At the restaurant, SJ tells SW earlier that she was doing fashion design and not majoring in Piano abroad like her father thinks (and SW's mother too), so it should be kept a secret.  I'm not sure why fashion design is worse than piano!  When SW dropped her at home, he wanted her to go with him later to an indie-brand fashion event.  Then he said he enjoyed picking her up and that she was "fresh".  Awkward word! ... That made her think - "huh? fresh? Am I like some fish or something?"  LOL.

SJ's dad is single now, and she asks him if he is dating, as his clothes had a jasmine perfume smell... and he says no (but we see in the preview that he does have a woman now).    SJ asks her dad how he could force one of his subcontractor guys to pick her up, and the dad tells her that it is actually his own firm that is like a subcontractor firm.  He tells her that SW is the heir to the Hyun Kang group.  He did fashion in Italy at the Marangoni Institute and then got an MBA from USA too.  The Marangoni part seemed to impress SJ.

==========================

The preview blurb for tomorrow's E3 at the drama site's  preview page (see the preview video there) -

3부.  수희(김혜리)는 안회장(남일우)이 치매라는 소문을 듣고, 남진(박윤재)을 불러 꿍꿍이를 캐보려 한다. 승주(서효림)는 만석(홍요섭)의 저녁 초대 자리에서 연실(유지연)을 만나고 경악하는데...

translation:

On hearing the rumor that Chairman Ahn has dementia, SuHui calls NJ to try to find out what the secret plan is.  SJ is shocked to meet YeonSil (Yu Jiyeon) at the dinner with ManSeok (Hong Yoseob)

14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yeah that good point to consider maybe that why the son wouldn’t be be aware of his family .

Could be the second lead be his half brother and his mom step mother and his dad legal wife  No no that would be crazy to consider don’t u think :P

me and u we gonna write our drama lol:D

@Ameera Ali  I'm pretty good on preditions but with this one it's really to early to start guessing.. But I still go with the theory she hsd something to do with it.. I have yet to watch todays episode and off to do so.. I lnow subs not up but I can still pretty much understand whats going on without subs..   

13 hours ago, girrlit said:

the mains are interesting so far

Tho I am not fully sold on the drama yet.

But did laugh at the birth secret straight up, and the role reversal of the male lead being the poor and cheerful one.

@girrlit  One can hope.. Normally in the description they would mention birth secret.. And yet I was all happy because everyone one would know who they're parents are..:) Which make me wonder is YJ mom his real mom..  :unsure: It would be nice to see YJ challemge Seoul being his own man and make it.. While the cousin still depend on connections and end up with nothing because he never really tried to estabilish anything on his own nor ventured out on his own..  

So far I really like the lead character.  A very pleasant guy, and the actor seems to have a natural and effortless style of acting too.  Haven't seen enough of the lead lady yet, but she seems to be a fun character.  Though she is into fashion, and is sassy, she also seems to be fairly grounded, seeing how she wanted to have hot soup at a simple Korean restaurant in today's episode.  Just doesn't give the vibe of a lead who has significant past baggage to deal with.

Meanwhile, the drama started in first place with a pretty high rating of 17.3 on AGB Nielsen.

54 minutes ago, jayakris said:

So far I really like the lead character.  A very pleasant guy, and the actor seems to have a natural and effortless style of acting too.  Haven't seen enough of the lead lady yet, but she seems to be a fun character.  Though she is into fashion, and is sassy, she also seems to be fairly grounded, seeing how she wanted to have hot soup at a simple Korean restaurant in today's episode.  Just doesn't give the vibe of a lead who has significant past baggage to deal with.

Meanwhile, the drama started in first place with a pretty high rating of 17.3 on AGB Nielsen.

Agreed liking the leads alot here. 

I like the angle of him being the caregiver and secretary, its obvious he is going to be groom to be the successor, this is a pretty unique way of doing it.

Hello @jayakris  There was enough in this episode to comment on.. So I'll just fill in my opinon with your comment:

4 hours ago, jayakris said:

No a whole lot of unexpected developments in today's episode.  Quite a good portion was on JinA and very little on SeungJu.   JA's sleazy "FIL" seems to be swindling them big time.  Her family is in $200K debt.   When NJ sympathizes with her on the fraud marriage and offers to help, at the hospital, JA makes it clear that she knows it is all just talk.  She is just "worn out" about everything; about him too.   That seemed to hurt NJ but he doesn't show it.  Looks like the woman has decided that she has to go away and become successful.  So, I guess this is all setting up the reasoning (and excuses) for why she may become success-driven and turn nasty down the line.  The JA actress is doing a fine job of acting so far.

Now I jiust find this unbelivable.. It seems that the tantrum throwing oversizes idiot father has been set up and praying on the weak in that small community for years..  How dare he suggest if she sleeps with the lolipop sucker and have a son he would give them the supermarket in town and ut the house in her name.. He sure knows how to sugarcoat crap and Jin-A mom fell for it hook line and sinker all she sees is living large off her daughter and don't care what her daughter looks like and what she has to go through being seen with the overgrown 2 yr old..  If she runs you can't blame her I would to if I was her if dad had to go to jail for fraud he would have to go he'll get out eventually..:tounge_wink:

By the way, it doesn't look like these two have really dated.  When she asks why he would take trouble, he said, "we are friends, you know.  Best friends".  That may be why he didn't remember her hair color or height at the airport :)

I was suprised to find out that they're not dating.. Looks like he has always taken care of her since young and he feels it's a sense of duty.. I some how thinks she ueses him.. It's okay to call your bestfriend once in a while to pick you up from the airport but from NYJ mom she does it everytime she comes home and yet she say's she sick of them all including him.. I think she's just stringing him along.. I bet she uses the 10 grand he sent her to haul you know what..

The lawyer tells NJ that the old chairman saw the news of NJ saving a heart attack patient and thought he looked just like his lost son (he showed NJ a picture also) and that is why he wants NJ to be the caregiver.  The lawyer also said that he will have to accompany the chairman to the company and keep things covered up, about his having Alzheimer's.   When JN asked, the lawyer immediately remitted an advance of $10K.  I think NJ already sent that money to JA.

The old chairman has a well thought out plan for YNJ.. He plans to make him his successor by taking him to work with him three days a week.. So by making NJ a caregiver he's killing like two birds with one stone getting to spend time with his G/son and with the lawyer knowing everything about NJ nobody can go against his wishes once he past.. Which leads me to the Aunt.. Now it's said that NJ disappeared before his parents past away.. Now I'm beginning to think she's involved in more ways then one.. I'm at the question of how did he end up with the lady now he's calling mom.. Did the Aunt promise her money every month if she keeps him did Aunt take NJ and abandon him some where.. I have to say  whats really going on here.. I hope her or son don't finds out who NJ really is before anything happens to G/pa.. But if she did have something to do with all of this what a witch her greed knows no bounds and were going to have to watch out for her evil..   The actress playing the role if the Aunt is really good at playing these type of character she'll have everyone hating her.. I bet the son isn't two steps behind his mom evilness 

At the restaurant, SJ tells SW earlier that she was doing fashion design and not majoring in Piano abroad like her father thinks (and SW's mother too), so it should be kept a secret.  I'm not sure why fashion design is worse than piano!  When SW dropped her at home, he wanted her to go with him later to an indie-brand fashion event.  Then he said he enjoyed picking her up and that she was "fresh".  Awkward word! ... That made her think - "huh? fresh? Am I like some fish or something?"  LOL.

I can see how her and NJ becomes and item.. He's hardworking drivenby passion and she is upright and straight forward and driven also. Our seconds leads will hookup to try and stop them from hooking up..  Jin-A will want to become and iten because NJ is from and elite background and help her succeed in life plus payoff her debt..

SJ's dad is single now, and she asks him if he is dating, as his clothes had a jasmine perfume smell... and he says no (but we see in the preview that he does have a woman now).    SJ asks her dad how he could force one of his subcontractor guys to pick her up, and the dad tells her that it is actually his own firm that is like a subcontractor firm.  He tells her that SW is the heir to the Hyun Kang group.  He did fashion in Italy at the Marangoni Institute and then got an MBA from USA too.  The Marangoni part seemed to empress SJ.

Wait til dad finds out there's more then one successor to that company..

In the mean time tantrum throwing father will be after NJ mom setting her up..

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Its really disgusting how the mom sold her daughter like some piece of meat ughhhhh

@dramaninja    All because she's tired of having callouses on her handd and feel she shoud live off her daughter and she don't care how people look at her.. If that's not selfish I don;' know what is

33 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Gosh. It never crossed my mind the Jin ah  could be yang nam Jin best friend !:D

@Ameera Ali  Nome of us ever thought that

I like Nam Jin it's refreshing to see a male lead this time and he doesn't seem to have a typical "lead attitude" like a pushover or dumb, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows what he wants and stands for it. The actor is also good with his acting, it's my first time to see him.

I like Hyo Rim playing a non villain role this time. It also suits her :)

I'm very interested to see how the love story between the 2 main leads develop.

3 minutes ago, mamanijared said:

I like Nam Jin it's refreshing to see a male lead this time and he doesn't seem to have a typical "lead attitude" like a pushover or dumb, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows what he wants and stands for it. The actor is also good with his acting, it's my first time to see him.

I like Hyo Rim playing a non villain role this time. It also suits her :)

I'm very interested to see how the love story between the 2 main leads develop.

Yep I like him alot as well hsi weakness is his best friend though but he wont let anyone talk down to him!

13 hours ago, jayakris said:

JA's sleazy "FIL" seems to be swindling them big time.  Her family is in $200K debt.  

I made a typo there.  It is $100K debt.  I guess our man expects to work for 10 months and make that money (assuming the old chairman does not kick the bucket too soon)  :) .. At least that is what he thinks now.  He has only promised JA to pay a portion of the debt by working 6 months though.

By the way, I find the Kdrama writers to be very creative in coming up with scams and con schemes.  They must be spending a lot of time studying scams.  This time it is a simple scheme of the sleazy guy lending JA's parents money saying that they could show some small land as guarantee, and then getting them to sell that land (by introducing some outsiders who were buying land there).  The borrower is committing fraud there, with the lender telling them it is fine.  But now that he can report them for fraud, the parents have no option but to dance to his tune.  Effortless scam. Normally you cannot sell the land that is collateral for a loan, as the lending institution like a bank would place a lien on it. I don't know how it works in Korea, but I guess if the lender simply did not file the forms needed to enforce the lien, so as to prevent the guarantee property from being sold, then this can happen.  Hmm... I am not into real-estate and business con-games, so I don't know if these are all common scams though.

14 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Nome of us ever thought that

Poor guy stuck in friend zone by the women He like  that worse nightmare it’s gonna take him a lot of time to forget her so no romance for awhile then :tears:  

In Kdrama what there problem with players couldn’t they  make him Casanova then changed him to cute guys :D

9 hours ago, jayakris said:

I made a typo there.  It is $100K debt.  I guess our man expects to work for 10 months and make that money (assuming the old chairman does not kick the bucket too soon)  :) .. At least that is what he thinks now.  He has only promised JA to pay a portion of the debt by working 6 months though.

By the way, I find the Kdrama writers to be very creative in coming up with scams and con schemes.  They must be spending a lot of time studying scams.  This time it is a simple scheme of the sleazy guy lending JA's parents money saying that they could show some small land as guarantee, and then getting them to sell that land (by introducing some outsiders who were buying land there).  The borrower is committing fraud there, with the lender telling them it is fine.  But now that he can report them for fraud, the parents have no option but to dance to his tune.  Effortless scam. Normally you cannot sell the land that is collateral for a loan, as the lending institution like a bank would place a lien on it. I don't know how it works in Korea, but I guess if the lender simply did not file the forms needed to enforce the lien, so as to prevent the guarantee property from being sold, then this can happen.  Hmm... I am not into real-estate and business con-games, so I don't know if these are all common scams though.

@jayakris   This was a set up from the get go.. Sleazy Lolipop boy set this up from the beginning.. It's no telling how many sleepless night his son threw a tantrum about Dad promising him to marry her.. All his father had to do is pay somebody to come along as buyers..  the old crook as been praying on her family to make a slip to reel mom in and he caught her tail.. Granted he also prob been whispering on her ear about all the wonderful things they could have if JN marries his son..  The more I think about it it was mom doing that got her into this mess.. Think about it how is it that these so called people was only interested in looking at the land but end up spending money to buy it I tell you the sleaz bag dad set this up..

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Poor guy stuck in friend zone by the women He like  that worse nightmare it’s gonna take him a lot of time to forget her so no romance for awhile then :tears:  

In Kdrama what there problem with players couldn’t they  make him Casanova then changed  to cute guys :D

@Ameera Ali  I still think she had been using him all along even if they were friends.. It's no way she didn't know he has some kinds of feelings for her.. What I want to know is where and how she got money to even leave that place in the first place considering they seems to be in debt for years.. Wait have NJ being paying for her to go to school in another country all these years..?

Well another slow day on the 3 note.. (ep3)

It seems the so called Aunt is only a daughter in-law.. She's not calling G/pa Abujji she's calling him Abbunim.. Big difference.. She tried to throw her weight around with NJ but he didn't budge.. 

Her son is even worst he just goes behind G/pa back and do what he likes because he knows the old man is old and thinks no one can take his place well suprise..

Seems that HR dad is setting her up to married off to him so he could marry some golddigger.. Dad whines worst then and 6yr old..

Well waiting for subs 

1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

JA’s is having a meltdown. Her whole life is collasped and i think she feels she is on her own .

waiting for eng sub :D

@Ameera Ali  Could you blame her listening to her mom go all goo goo over material stuff after selling her out like that.. Mom wants the riches so bad she should have divorced and marry lolipop boy herself.. She could have divorced and found sioomebody else if she was tired of living like that.. She must not beaware lots of woman her age divorce and starts over again.. She's only in her late fourties early fifties.

30 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Could you blame her listening to her mom go all goo goo over material stuff after selling her out like that.. Mom wants the riches so bad she should have divorced and marry lolipop boy herself.. She could have divorced and found sioomebody else if she was tired of living like that.. She must not beaware lots of woman her age divorce and starts over again.. She's only in her late fourties early fifties.

JA’s need to count her blessing Imagine if her mother sell her to the dad not the son . My advice to her start reaching for bottle no one can stand father in law like him . Buy ur mom hand cream so she can stop selling people for money .

7-BAA93-CA-D6-D9-4-B89-B621-76-D26837-D4

What she need more 

Even the husband start to wear suit for her :D

If she waiting for love she miss her chance:sweatingbullets:

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

JA’s need to count her blessing Imagine if her mother sell her to the dad not the son . My advice to her start reaching for bottle no one can stand father in law like him 

What she need more 

Even the husband start to wear suit for her :D

If she waiting for love she miss her chance:sweatingbullets:

@Ameera Ali  Lolipop boy may clean up well be all and all he is what he is.. And overgrown kid..  Now if she had sense she should have told dad to null the divorce with the son and she'll marry him.. She'll have access to all he have she could have sent lolipop boy off to one of those special needs school that could have taught him to live independent and they would have gotten him a job and she could be living high on the hog..  This would have taught her mom a lesson for selling her out like that.. It so many ways she could have made her and sleazy plan backfire in they face until it's not funny.. Sleazy Dad wouldn't have turned down the offer of being married to a young girl like her..

FIL showed her his true colors he basically told her that she's trap.. If she thinks about it while she's crept away at night she would have stop in the next town and filed for a divorce and kept it pushing.. Just how big do she thinks Seoul is before she's found.. With the 10 grand she got from NJ she should be heading to the airport.. I like that she threw her cell phone in the ocean .. She's making sure her mom NJ and lolipop boy can contact her..

I have a feeling Lolipop boy will turnout to be more broghter then he's portraying himself to be    

43 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I still think she had been using him all along even if they were friends.. It's no way she didn't know he has some kinds of feelings for her.. What I want to know is where and how she got money to even leave that place in the first place considering they seems to be in debt for years.. Wait have NJ being paying for her to go to school in another country all these years..?

100% he would have been her support network emotionally for sure that way she was leaving him on the side if she didn’t get better than him.

Archived