[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] If Paris is Not Happy 如若巴黎不快乐

sugarplum892

On 10/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

@themarchioness   Didn't want you to think I had left you just been really busy but I am still watching!!!  I Love it still!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like someone is having a baby:w00t: it's getting even better

Glad to hear you're still watching @USAFarmgirl, and I know!!  

Spoiler

I haven't reached those episodes yet (if all goes well, I'll watch tonight the episode that picks up right after he fireman carries her out of Duo Duo's apartment and takes her back to his place -- whatever episode number that is).  But I have been taking a peek at the new episodes as they get updated so I know she'll find out she's pregnant, concoct a scheme with JB in order to leave TZY, and etc. 

The minute I found out MJ was pregnant though, I wished that the drama would not then make her lose the baby (in an effort to up the drama factor, as if this drama needed more drama) and then I saw she had a miscarriage scare (and I think in the episodes that got uploaded yesterday she even considered aborting the baby?).  I'm hopeful those all mean that she will keep the baby to the end.  

The OTP is so heart-tugging, but the back-and-forth is wearying on my soul.  I feel as exhausted as they must surely also feel.  :P 

@TRAN Welcome to the thread!  It's nice to see someone else here.  :D  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42002488_243775896296566_318508544779231images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1cB39ZbohREyOsDc9K5M

There is something so beautiful about this OTP even when surrounded by so much pain...

@themarchioness  @TRAN @leah8 @Leila Essalih I really can't understand why more people are not here it's so worth watching...

Spoiler

I honestly saw without subs of course her sitting there with pills I kept thinking I sure hope those are not what I think they are and  also that would be hard knowing she aborted their child.  I don't believe that's something he could recover from and to be honest I am not sure I could either.  Killing an innocent life no matter what's going on or what reason one might have nope I don't think even she believes he would forgive that...

I had to take a break from watching because the Mom and JJ were getting on my nerves.

I swear with every episode JJ loses a few marbles, to the point where I wonder if he'll just be completely off his rockers by the end of the drama.  The only side benefit to all this is that MJ sees him for what he is exactly, a manipulator, and isn't persisting in her naivete.  Sometimes dramas do that and, when they do, it drives me nutters.  Here, at least she isn't going along with him out of some misplaced, innocent trust; rather, it's because she feels she hasn't a choice.  Small comforts, I know.  But I take what I can get!  :P

As for TJY's mom . . . sigh.  I really dislike these types of Drama Moms.  They make my brain hurt.  And the hypocrisy!  When she found out TJY and MJ had secretly married and accused TJY of being "selfish," I actually had to turn the screen off for a little bit, I was that angry.  I just thought it wax extremely rich coming off the heels of that scene where she basically begged TJY to sacrifice himself and his happiness, to marry a woman he doesn't love, all in the name of saving the family company.  And why must the company be saved?  Because it's the only thing that props her up and gives her comfort, as it serves as notice and a reminder to all (including herself) that she's her husband's legal wife.  I mean, that's just . . . *rolls eyes*  pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.

I find it really irritating whenever JJ suggests to his grandfather that, if it hadn't been for him (the grandfather), he (JJ) wouldn't have lost the one love of his life.  I mean, he presumes MJ was ever interested in him.  She wasn't.  She only ever saw him as a friend!  It's like his grandfather once told him: even if he had shown up that day, she still wouldn't have been his.  MJ's heart was already connected to TZY's.  Ugh.  I wish JJ would stop being so delusional.

In other non-ranty news, I decided to delve into the background of the actress playing YJB's adopted sister (I forget what her name is in this drama).  She was Xiao Dai in H2H and I remembered from looking up her filmography previously that she was also in another drama of ZH's before.  With three dramas connected to ZH, I wondered if she was an actress under his studio, and she is.  Pretty much from the year she joined his studio, she's been in every single one of his projects!  Haha. 

"If Paris is Downcast" seems to be a special project for ZH's studio though because not only her, every actor/actress in his studio is in this drama!  That includes his best friend (the one that's dating, sorta, Duo Duo), that random friend of MJ and DD's who dies, and . . . wait for it: YJB!  :D 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUn1o49MoWO6Ijypb3uCF40641123_2163088330684386_61197449869905images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1gsCAyUhQLWD0xbmkBQw

Sometimes it's not what two people receive from each other as much as it is what two people are willing to sacrifice for one another.  Even their own happiness if need be.  The longer I watch this drama the more I realize that love does not live within a box it cannot be understood or explained as if simple.  For love doesn't have to make sense to be real nor can it be easily removed no matter how hard one tries...

Love is deeply rooted and this story is too.

Mistakes & misunderstandings, that lead to giving in and fooling yourself into believing you can just let go. Not so, not when it lives and breathes within you.  Even in protecting by surrendering what matters to you most.  Love is never that simple after all.  It cannot be forgotten or erased, bought or sold, guilted or forced.

For it is the greatest and strongest force there is, that beats within every human heart...

:heart:

Spoiler

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] If Paris is Not Happy 如若巴黎不快乐

Archived