[Drama 2018-2019] God’s Quiz 5: Reboot 신의 퀴즈 5

jeijei

I miss this series already :((

52 minutes ago, cayenne15 said:

oh right, I forgot about that. They were 1st in the timeslot for non-cable... but i think RDH expected 5% as they promised to dance to Sistar's Touch My Body if they do hit that mark haha... 

Season 6 or not, it's all fine by me~ Many fans are petitioning for one, so let see what OCN and the casts think about it ^_^

About rating of this drama, i think 2% is high enough for OCN.. even the guest cant surpass 5% the highest was 3 or 4% if im not wrong..  i only know Voice that surpasses 5%.. but god quiz rating is stable around 2% and the lowest was 1,9% (first ep) .. I thought their rating was good compared than priests, priest rating at first was 2% but keep on droping to 1,4%.. so i think rating is not the problem here.. 

They start this drama when no one interested on watching OCN , but the series keep going because they have loyal fans that always waiting for new season.. 

imo, the chance of season 6 itself is low.. bcz how this season ended, with epilogue where our 4 main cast in originial season gather together .. for me its like conclusion  that this series has ended..  but i hope im wrong and they will make season 6.. bcz im addicted to this series.. 

and if they make season 6, i hope RDH and YJH will accept the offer once again.. its not god quiz without them.. just like season 3, theres empty space bcz det.kang was not there.. but tbh im affraid one of them or both turndown the offer, like how Janghyuk turndown the offer for Voice season 2.. 

I think i remember someone mentioning the cake in wrapup party, the cakes was from DC GodQuiz or DC godquiz Reboot , under det.kang and dr.han picture they write thanks for the hardwork.. and in Other part they write waiting is over, see you again next year ! 

And i dont know why, our RDH and YJH is really underated , only in this series they become the lead actor and actress, in other drama RDH always be second and YJh take small part of the drama , kinda upset with the fact that no one gave them the chance to be lead in other drama.. 

wondering if our RDH and YJH leading a romcom drama , thats gonna be fun to watch.. 

Anyway i wish theres season 6 of this series..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with you @IeJ 2+% rating consider high..since it the second time ocn introduces late drama..i think RDH mention 5% cause he close friend with KJW so of course he want to pass him:D but QOG totally had their own loyal fan from all over the world.

and yup if RDH and YJH were offer romance comedy/melo together their chemistry could shine more...cause even i hate it i cant denied the charm of quiz of god because of the series focus on the crime and love interst and human side is like their flavours of the series:kiss_wink: 

If this was focus more on romance im sure we see every morning scene or when han ji won enter the bed after all the conclusion he made(cause we see kang kyung hee always sleep first) 

so yeah lets pray for some writer offer them both as lead in romantic comedy 

or maybe just be real in real life 

7 hours ago, IeJ said:

I miss this series already :((

About rating of this drama, i think 2% is high enough for OCN.. even the guest cant surpass 5% the highest was 3 or 4% if im not wrong..  i only know Voice that surpasses 5%.. but god quiz rating is stable around 2% and the lowest was 1,9% (first ep) .. I thought their rating was good compared than priests, priest rating at first was 2% but keep on droping to 1,4%.. so i think rating is not the problem here.. 

They start this drama when no one interested on watching OCN , but the series keep going because they have loyal fans that always waiting for new season.. 

imo, the chance of season 6 itself is low.. bcz how this season ended, with epilogue where our 4 main cast in originial season gather together .. for me its like conclusion  that this series has ended..  but i hope im wrong and they will make season 6.. bcz im addicted to this series.. 

and if they make season 6, i hope RDH and YJH will accept the offer once again.. its not god quiz without them.. just like season 3, theres empty space bcz det.kang was not there.. but tbh im affraid one of them or both turndown the offer, like how Janghyuk turndown the offer for Voice season 2.. 

I think i remember someone mentioning the cake in wrapup party, the cakes was from DC GodQuiz or DC godquiz Reboot , under det.kang and dr.han picture they write thanks for the hardwork.. and in Other part they write waiting is over, see you again next year ! 

And i dont know why, our RDH and YJH is really underated , only in this series they become the lead actor and actress, in other drama RDH always be second and YJh take small part of the drama , kinda upset with the fact that no one gave them the chance to be lead in other drama.. 

wondering if our RDH and YJH leading a romcom drama , thats gonna be fun to watch.. 

Anyway i wish theres season 6 of this series..

thanks for bringing the ratings up, i think i myself was too eager to see a 5% haha. 

i really hope i'm wrong too with the epilogue... like the end HJW said if only there's one adult that stood by the children, and then he linked to JYS being the one that led them and fought for the truth (or sth like that) and having another one (MSA) that would continue JYS's legacy. Probably reading too much into this, but this is a small tiny glimpse of hope that a season 6 could appear with a different dynamic. Hopefully RDH and YJH will agree with us fans that they need to be there. I remember getting so excited when I finally saw YJH confirmed to be in season 5 as that was one of my worry..

I know... both of them deserve so much more... It's the 2nd work of RDH after his enlistment.. so i think he'll work his way up from here on. As for YJH... she has gotten more attention and interest for this season so I hope more directors and writers notice her :P

54 minutes ago, Sorary said:

so yeah lets pray for some writer offer them both as lead in romantic comedy 

preach haha. YJH needs to stop taking on characters that people would dislike (Run Jang Mi, Radio Romance). I won't object to the fact that she's good at it though, but someone give her a romantic, likeable character! 

59 minutes ago, Sorary said:

or maybe just be real in real life 

hahahaha. that's gonna be so cute... if that happens i might just freak out :sweatingbullets:

3 hours ago, cayenne15 said:

thanks for bringing the ratings up, i think i myself was too eager to see a 5% haha. 

i really hope i'm wrong too with the epilogue... like the end HJW said if only there's one adult that stood by the children, and then he linked to JYS being the one that led them and fought for the truth (or sth like that) and having another one (MSA) that would continue JYS's legacy. Probably reading too much into this, but this is a small tiny glimpse of hope that a season 6 could appear with a different dynamic. Hopefully RDH and YJH will agree with us fans that they need to be there. I remember getting so excited when I finally saw YJH confirmed to be in season 5 as that was one of my worry..

I know... both of them deserve so much more... It's the 2nd work of RDH after his enlistment.. so i think he'll work his way up from here on. As for YJH... she has gotten more attention and interest for this season so I hope more directors and writers notice her :P

It just my guess here but how Voice can have high rating beside the story is good, its have big name like janghyuk .. and scene stealer kim jaewook ..  i dont think lee hana other work being hits like voice.. 

and voice airing when people already know OCN Channel, but if you compare to cable tv like TVN , OCN is still need a hardwork from rating side .. but they are under same company i think CJ ent..

from the start RDH mention 5% i know it would be hard .. 

they could be agree or they could think that they already gave the best to this drama.. just like the reason janghyuk turndown the offer for voice 2.. because he thought he already did the best for his role in season 1.. 

RDH already confirm for new drama with kim dong wook, but YJH i hear nothing about her.. but as i know YJH always take drama after drama, even small part , second lead .. she doesnt rest too long after drama finished..

and agree with you YJH need to take a lovable character once in a will.. 

But who knows from a hateable character people will notice her.. like LeeYuri she has been noticed since playing hateable character in jangbori..

6 hours ago, IeJ said:

they could be agree or they could think that they already gave the best to this drama.. just like the reason janghyuk turndown the offer for voice 2.. because he thought he already did the best for his role in season 1.. 

yeah.. i was sad when JH turned down the offer. he really did fulfill his role in season 1, and it'll be nice if he can cameo (somehow) in season 3. can't wait for ocn's announcement. 

i do think another reason for RDH to turn a new season down would be the burden on his brain memorizing everything haha... he really outdid himself this season, from memorizing chemical formulae to english and mathematical equations. props to RDH, major props. 

7 hours ago, IeJ said:

RDH already confirm for new drama with kim dong wook, but YJH i hear nothing about her.. but as i know YJH always take drama after drama, even small part , second lead .. she doesnt rest too long after drama finished..

and agree with you YJH need to take a lovable character once in a will.. 

But who knows from a hateable character people will notice her.. like LeeYuri she has been noticed since playing hateable character in jangbori..

YJH will be taking a (hopefully not small) supporting role in SBS's new February drama Hot Blooded Priest. It's written by the writer of GQ Season 1-4 and directed by the director of Whisper, people who YJH has worked with. From the teaser it looks like a comedy so I'm quite looking forward to watching it, and it would be nice to see what the writer has up his sleeve this time - I loved GQ and Good Doctor. 

6 hours ago, cayenne15 said:

YJH will be taking a (hopefully not small) supporting role in SBS's new February drama Hot Blooded Priest. It's written by the writer of GQ Season 1-4 and directed by the director of Whisper, people who YJH has worked with. From the teaser it looks like a comedy so I'm quite looking forward to watching it, and it would be nice to see what the writer has up his sleeve this time - I loved GQ and Good Doctor. 

Really? I dont even know that she has been cast to this series, looking for the cast that already confirm i think YJH will take small part again or cameo .. they already announce the 3 main cast , and based from asian wiki YJH names is not listed as cast yet.. 

and based from the synopsis i think its not comedy but rather chrime and thriller. Since the main cast work as detective , prosecutors and priest.. 

but from the teaser maybe it contain some comedy.. 

and as i know park jae bum writernim only write medical crime script so far, except good manager.. 

but we will see .. i hope her names listed as cast soon..

13 hours ago, IeJ said:

Really? I dont even know that she has been cast to this series, looking for the cast that already confirm i think YJH will take small part again or cameo .. they already announce the 3 main cast , and based from asian wiki YJH names is not listed as cast yet.. 

and based from the synopsis i think its not comedy but rather chrime and thriller. Since the main cast work as detective , prosecutors and priest.. 

but from the teaser maybe it contain some comedy.. 

and as i know park jae bum writernim only write medical crime script so far, except good manager.. 

but we will see .. i hope her names listed as cast soon..

I found out about that on her profile on her company's website.. and her role is listed on NamuWiki(Korean) as well. I don't understand much Korean, but her role is a psychologist/psychiatrist. [https://namu.wiki/w/열혈사제]

It's gonna air soon, so probably someone will update the full cast on asianwiki and wikipedia in the next few weeks. 

So many priest related dramas coming out recently haha. 

9 hours ago, cayenne15 said:

I found out about that on her profile on her company's website.. and her role is listed on NamuWiki(Korean) as well. I don't understand much Korean, but her role is a psychologist/psychiatrist. [https://namu.wiki/w/열혈사제]

It's gonna air soon, so probably someone will update the full cast on asianwiki and wikipedia in the next few weeks. 

So many priest related dramas coming out recently haha. 

Ahh i see thx you for the link chingu.. 

so she will playing the role of Bae Hee Jung, director of mental health / psychiatrist, who gave treatment to tsunami victims ( i dont know its right or not bcz i also didn't understand much about korean language) .. 

absolutely gonna watch this, i have a high expectation for Park Jae Bum writernim ..

yea you right, after the guest i think theres some priest and exorcism drama.. but its fun to watch bcz kinda bored with melo or romcom .. 

anyway i really like to keep in contact with all of you here, to talk about drama or anything.. since GQ has ended this forum will be so quiet.. 

DM me on instagram @khj27_ or let me know how to keep in contact with you guys 

i hope this thread never died...i always love the series and it will forever be one of my favourite..:wub:

And it also my wish they both of them were offer as lead in drama series focus on romance maybe like kbs 7pm kst so that lots of people can see their talents...

And i just saw article about production cost and voice among the high cost production so that could be a reason why in term of promotion etc...the only promotion of Quiz of god only on their channel and thriler house...some comment i saw (international mostly) were shocked and dont know the series had been renew 

and thanks for the info about next project of RDH and YJH totally appreciate it so much

On 1/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, Darrkn3ss said:

I’m just going to keep praying that their are going to say yes a season 6. I don’t things doing a drama now would  stop them from coming back for season 6. Because I feel like God Quizz is a good end of the year drama kinda of thing. 

Recently RDH did an interview in Korea and he talked about GQ. (I translated the interview mainly on GoogleTranslate and Papago, so what I type may be lost in bad translation and understanding - I really need to learn more Korean haha)

The interviewer said something like season 6 seems like a closed ending (with JYS resigning and HanKang proposal), and RDH replied that HJW should be dead in Season 2 but somehow he came back from the dead in S3. Therefore, he said it's not impossible for a renewal as GQ is a drama where the story can progress (unlike other dramas where if it's the end it's the end). But for now he says he really doesnt want to meet HJW again haha. He has gotten more grey hairs because of HJW... But he will consider in the future if the fans still want to see more of HJW and GQ. He also said there is no point in objecting reprising HJW now, as he tells himself after the end of every season that he will not do it again, never again but ends up agreeing to film it anyways. So he'll just go with the flow of how it will turn out, but he's happy now and will be happy whether S5 is the last season or not. 

Poor him, what he needs is a long break haha.

As for HanKang getting married, RDH himself wants it to happen. But he said just imagining him wearing a tuxedo and YJH wearing a wedding dress doesn't seem to fit the direction of the drama and the ending. therefore he said the proposal scene is a nice, good ending alternative to the wedding. During the filming of the proposal RDH was trembling from nervousness and YJH cried. The line "thank you for being with me all these 10 years, it must be hard" made both of them cry... as they never told each other (as in RDH and YJH, not HanKang) this throughout the filming of the drama even though both of their roles are extremely difficult. so telling each other that although scripted really felt like RDH himself comforting YJH and vice versa. 

and to RDH-YJH shippers: Apparently there is a dating scandal involving both of them (i don't see any in naver though) and RDH is happy to have rumours with her. He said when would a chance to be embroiled in a dating scandal with a beautiful girl(YJH) happen to him.. however he said the scandal would be natural since they have worked with each other as lovers for a full 10 years. but he did say that both of them got closer after the filming of S5. 

I hope Google, Papago and I did not mistranslate anything, and I guess it's nice to see RDH's thoughts on the future of GQ. I hope someone interviews YJH soon - it'll be nice to compare both perspectives. As for now -- time to move on and pray that Korean fans show enough longing and response to garner a renewal.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, cayenne15 said:

Recently RDH did an interview in Korea and he talked about GQ. (I translated the interview mainly on GoogleTranslate and Papago, so what I type may be lost in bad translation and understanding - I really need to learn more Korean haha)

The interviewer said something like season 6 seems like a closed ending (with JYS resigning and HanKang proposal), and RDH replied that HJW should be dead in Season 2 but somehow he came back from the dead in S3. Therefore, he said it's not impossible for a renewal as GQ is a drama where the story can progress (unlike other dramas where if it's the end it's the end). But for now he says he really doesnt want to meet HJW again haha. He has gotten more grey hairs because of HJW... But he will consider in the future if the fans still want to see more of HJW and GQ. He also said there is no point in objecting reprising HJW now, as he tells himself after the end of every season that he will not do it again, never again but ends up agreeing to film it anyways. So he'll just go with the flow of how it will turn out, but he's happy now and will be happy whether S5 is the last season or not. 

Poor him, what he needs is a long break haha.

As for HanKang getting married, RDH himself wants it to happen. But he said just imagining him wearing a tuxedo and YJH wearing a wedding dress doesn't seem to fit the direction of the drama and the ending. therefore he said the proposal scene is a nice, good ending alternative to the wedding. During the filming of the proposal RDH was trembling from nervousness and YJH cried. The line "thank you for being with me all these 10 years, it must be hard" made both of them cry... as they never told each other (as in RDH and YJH, not HanKang) this throughout the filming of the drama even though both of their roles are extremely difficult. so telling each other that although scripted really felt like RDH himself comforting YJH and vice versa. 

and to RDH-YJH shippers: Apparently there is a dating scandal involving both of them (i don't see any in naver though) and RDH is happy to have rumours with her. He said when would a chance to be embroiled in a dating scandal with a beautiful girl(YJH) happen to him.. however he said the scandal would be natural since they have worked with each other as lovers for a full 10 years. but he did say that both of them got closer after the filming of S5. 

I hope Google, Papago and I did not mistranslate anything, and I guess it's nice to see RDH's thoughts on the future of GQ. I hope someone interviews YJH soon - it'll be nice to compare both perspectives. As for now -- time to move on and pray that Korean fans show enough longing and response to garner a renewal.:rolleyes:

Wow thank you so much for translating! Its so nice to hear RDH's thoughts! I wish the dating rumours are true haha. And glad he is not closed to season 6.....would love to have a season 6. Dr HJW is one of the best characters ever created! And indeed, the weird proposal scene is befitting our eccentric couple. Dr Jo can become like Prof Jang's role!!! 

I’m totally psyched and going to go pray extra hard for a renewal. And I’m okay with them skipping a wedding but detective Kang better be pregnant or already have given birth by the time they come back if ever hahaha. We are okay to wait for them. 

Finally back from my travels... still recovering from jet lag and general travel fatigue. But I wanted to add a few final words about this wonderful show.

What a great series this has been and I hope it's not the end  of our favourite doctor-detective pairing even if Chief Jo is moving on. IMO the writing on this show has always been compelling and this 5th installment was no different. Of course the leads are fine actors and the way JW and KH interact/bicker like a loving married couple is always a delight. I wish more K dramas had writing of this level. The different levels of villainy shown here was very well presented. Multiple tiers of baddies with various agendas wieding commensurate power were more than a match for our genius doctor and the plucky detective. Like all previous seasons, the show crosses in and out of scifi territory with various forms of genetic engineering and now JW even has his own AI database at his beck and call. Mother apparently has a very odd way of showing maternal love. 

In a show populated mainly by villains, CEO Seo was undoubtedly at the top of this pernicious food chain with her endless list of evil deeds. She was evil personified in terms of how she stooped to everything unethical and immoral to arrive at her present position. I suppose the usual psychological labels apply in her case and murder to cover up her sins was the least of it. Hyun Sang Pil who seemed to be on a mindless killing spree was in the end portrayed as the violent avenging angel who eventually won our hearts because he had the smarts, the stamina and the courage to stand up to the power of Big Pharma. Dr Kwak Hyuk Min was a minor player in the scheme of things and a pawn... his own lustful ambition became his undoing. He did make his choices but he really was in over his head. He wanted to play in the big leagues, thought himself in control of the stakes but showed himself to be nothing more than a puppet in the hands of others far more resourceful and desperate. Once upon a time there was a much more humble man behind all the bravado but success got to his head and he forgot where he came from and what medicine is really about.

HSP's life was a tragedy the day he entered the welfare centre. In another time and place, he would have found a better place for himself but he chose revenge and as is usually the case, it consumed him completely. When I think of what someone of his intelligence could have achieved, yeah... what a waste.

I loved the humorous ending. I knew "trouble" was afoot when JW took forever to get his proposal together. Hah. :lol: Not sure why he was so nervous when one would have thought that the answer from the other party would have been obvious seeing how the subject has already been broached a couple of times during the series. But it's undoubtedly an ending that is very much in the spirit of the GQ franchise and the OTP that has survived all the hazards of their respective occupations.

• 3 weeks later...

finish the drama in 3 days, all the cases are so good and the main case is also interesting, each case has the twist to draw viewers in. I love how they choose the title of each case, especially the "Only one" of the last 2 episodes.

i watch season 5 without watching the previous seasons so i was somehow confusing at the first episode, definitely go watch all the previous seasons of Gods Quiz.

the highlight of the drama for me is Hyun Sang-pil. He is ruthless in his revenge but kind-hearted towards his dongsaengs Taejoon-Seungbin and good people (the way he says he is thankful to Dr Jo who is in coma or buys kittens on the street). I bawl my eyes out in the last ep because of the revenge trio :( Kim Jae-won nailed this role. 1st time seeing him play villains role, he is famous for his angel smile so i dont know that smile can be this maniac and evil hehe.

The cast's acting is great. I find Ryu Deok-hwan height is cute hehe but at the same time he can be so charismatic. Havent watched the previous seasons so dont really know about Han-Kang couple relationship progress but they have great chemistry. Also the way they talk formally with each other (he calls her "Kang huyngsa-nim" and she calls him "Han seonsaeng-nim). The proposal scene is so cute tooo.

however, there're details that writer nim dont explain well, like why Hanjoo CEO who has MAO-A deficiency dont have serotine and bla bla (i dont remember exactly the name) in his blood and dont have any violent reports for over 30 years? did they find the cure for this disease (not completely cure but partly)? And also HSP's illness, what is it, did it resulted from the experiment when he was in Bokjeon?

But overall, the drama is really worth-watching, i love all the cast, look forward to season 6!

Archived