Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

thanks for all the wonderful translators! 

the third image.. Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What is that??? Hahahaha hahaha. Please tell me this is some deranged fan creation? Ahh. So much joy. Hahaha. 

Now I kind of want to see a Russian Facebook type of photo manipulation of zhu yi long where he has a unicorn and wings or something. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe what motivated me to create this MV...I never thought I would attempt anything like this lol I am always fascinated by talented fans who can take two or more dramas and merge it together to create something amazing. To me, it is just too much work and too detailed oriented task to complete. So I always limit my mv making to just one drama...but I love ZYL in an ancient setting however I can't seem to like any of his co-stars in the ancient setting lol No offend to anyone... So I guess I searched my mind and one of my favorite actress who looks gorgeous in ancient setting and looks extremely nice with ZYL and decided Li Qin and ZYL would make a wonderful couple lol It will be a dream come true to have them both in an ancient drama...I was planning to create a 3 mins mv just to test the water with one of my favorite song but I over did it and turn it into a 7+ mins video lol Hope you all enjoy it! 

• Like 4

@TheRedDragon Thanks for accumulating and posting those links/photos for us! Really appreciate it! I just finished watching the whole fan meeting and loving each and every second of it. (For real, they made a joke of ZYL slowly wiping his hands so that he can stay longer and he said you will all fall asleep...Trust me, ZYL, we will be very much wide awake and staring at you lol) He is always so dutiful, patient and all smiley at these meetings and the host is pretty good in picking up quickly so there are no awkwardness or uncomfortable feeling for him.

I think he looks a bit meatier and not as skinny as before which looks great to me. To be honest, I didn't realize I miss him until I saw this fan meeting that I indeed miss him :joy:

He had such a hard time randomly choosing his fans for question/prize and I view that as a fact that he took this fan meeting very seriously and don't know how to choose lol 

He is sooo honest...when the host asked him whether the doll looks like him, he didn't respond because to be honest I don't think it looks like him much either lol

Another thing I really like about this fan meeting is that it is really a fan meeting, not too much in your face promotion of YK or his drama but really just focus on giving back to fans... It was pretty sweet that the drawing is in a soup dumpling's container and the drawing card is a soup dumpling card...

I think I can watch ZYL play with his phone all day lol It was pretty sweet of him to try to work the phone and finish the call even though it is not from the audience...and notice that he rubbed his hand on his pant before he did his hand print so seriously...I love his expression when they said his hand looks nice...he is like...I don't believe you... lol

That song is pretty good and motivating. ZYL has a very nice voice but it is a bit obvious that he is not a trained singer. From the way he sings...a bit too much force/strain on the higher notes, I think it is a similar habit for people who sing in karaoke? However, I think if he is interested in singing and take some professional lessons, he will be able to convey better. He really have a nice voice but he just lack the techniques. I remember from one of the bts in Phantacity, a singing teacher just gave him a pointer and it hugely improve the note he is trying to sing. If he have time in the future and is interested, I hope he can get some training since I think he likes music from all the instrument he can play...And I would love to hear him sing more :wub:   

• Like 6

I just want to say I am so happy that i found a blog on ZYL so i can fangirl in english. I finished watching Guardian 2 days ago and like everyone else, I am totally obsessed with ZYL-BY bromance in the drama. Now I understand why ZYL has gotten his big break this summer thru Guardian and the praises and hype for the drama from 镇魂女孩. I like BY too but Shen Wei gazes and subtle expressions are so on point that I am on my way to becoming a ZYL hardcore fan (in fact I already am). My Chinese is not fluent but I lurk on weibo more often now to dig more news and updates on ZYL. Still need to go through 43 pages to get to know more about him. LOL

• Like 7

Thanks for the warm welcome! @BreezeC ☺️

I have started posting more about ZYL on twitter now. BY is announced to be one of ten influential actors chosen for 2018 Sina Weibo in December   for 1 min short clip. I am super positive ZYL is one of them as well. His popularity and traffic are both at the top this yr. I hope we can see both ZYL and BY again. 

ZYL performances in 2018 for Letting You Float Like A Dream and Guardian. The clip is mainly on Guardian coz who can beat Xiao Wei :wub:

2018 TV Awards by Sina Weibo has uploaded 3 mins clip of Guardian - https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H42sUD1Xl?fid=1034:4309627504885767

There is also online voting for Best TV Series of 2018 and as expected Guardian is no.1 with almost 2.5 million votes. ZYL's other drama LYFLAD is at no.2. Even as his fan, i don't think LYFLAD deserves no.2 spot. :smirk:  But given that he has the most active fans right now, it's kinda expected. He definitely brings in the most traffic on weibo this year. I would say Ashes of Love deserve no.2 spot as it is also one of the popular dramas along with YanXi Palace. I finished Ashes of Love and became DengLun and YangZi fans, but Yanxi is dropped halfway. :D

A link to voting - https://m.weibo.cn/p/231219_3015_newartificial_1001

6bcd0792gy1fxof7odhy9j21930w4e81.jpg6bcd0792gy1fxof7q1bj3j21930w4e81.jpg6bcd0792gy1fxof7riyp6j21930w4e81.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

I am only at page 4 but I thought I would say hi :D Wahh, you share really interesting things and you seem knowledgeable. Sadly, I don't speak Mandarin but I do learn it, though really slowly. My brain gave up on studying a long time ago so every character and tone are real challanges. I will try to keep up with this thread but I admit, I don't want to get into any more fandoms and/or end up falling for ZYL. Hmm, maybe it is too late:wub: Anyway, nice to meet you, please take care of me:lol:

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, dzareth said:

@BreezeC, such tragic fate you have there :lol::lol:. So 5th time is the charm, huh? I think pretty much everyone who likes ZYL post-Guardian is due to that 'moment' when Shen Wei first met Zhao Yunlan :wub::wub:.

It's spot on me. That moment is one of my favourites in Guardian. I remember thinking "wow, that's really interesting, and omg he is a really good actor" and then the next scene with Bai Yu just sealed the deal..:wub:

I have 2 questions. 1, Do you guys happen to know if he is a method actor? 2, this Q might be random but do you know what is that bump on his -I think- left cheek? Bai Yu mistakenly called it a pimple but I'm sure it is not. 

@edushow he's not a method actor. But he's said he seems to be influenced by his roles while he is performing them since his family claims it takes him a couple of weeks to fully return to himself. 

It was a pimple. It was a really old one, sometimes it can happen that a pimple gets blocked and doesn't resolve. Then the doctors can try with hormone injections to get rid of it or if that doesn't work they can cut it out. His was cut out about a month ago. If you're brave there are videos on YouTube of some bigger ones getting removed by doctors. Anyway, that's why it was funny when some people said he had plastic surgery, because not only does he look exactly as he always has, if a person keeps a huge pimple on his face for a year because he's too busy to get it removed (really? How busy can you possibly be?) then he's definitely not bothered enough about his looks to get plastic surgery. And why would he, the gorgeous imp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@siobhanne What I noticed is, how different he behaves in different interviews. Sometimes he is shy, sometimes he is more outgoing, sometimes he is timid or has a little attitude so maybe he carries a part of his current drama's character with him. That's really interesting. Thanks!

Do you mean cyst? I love to watch cyst videos and I kinda guessed it was one but didn't dare to say without knowing if he had some other condition. The reason I asked is because if he doesn't go to a doc 1, it can get inflamed if it gets irritated like when they put make up on him or take it off 2, it will only get bigger and bigger as the pore gets filled with dead skin and oil so if you don't want a noticeable scar on your face, you need to got to a doc as soon as you can. So he got it removed? I am glad!

Yeah I don't think he got ps, I would be inclined to believe he got fillers but I've actually read the first 10 pages of this thread so far and in an interview he said he doesn't want to get botox to remove his wrinkles and laugh lines even though his fans advice him to do it. 

• Like 2

@edushow I don't know more about the anatomy of the pimple, just that it was about a year old. For clarity, I don't think his fans wanted him to get botox, they suggested he use face creams or serums or elixirs or such things to improve and preserve the health of his skin. And he told them that of course it's important to maintain his looks as an actor but he doesn't want to be too precious or perfect. Also, I should clarify that his fans don't think he had plastic surgery, it was just said as part of a defamatory.. battle against him. I personally don't think he's had fillers either, but then I know very little of plastic surgery. It just seems like you could still get him to look a bit sunken eyed if you get your angle right (wrong), as in his rookie days. But I'll stop dissecting his looks now, he is gorgeous. 

• Like 2