[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

[TSUTAYA Announcement] "Boyfriend" won the first place in the glory of the most rented popular Korean drama ranking in 2020.

Park Bo-gum, who has captivated women with numerous works, and popular top actress Song Hye-kyo played a dream co- star.

Among the recent dramas produced before "Crash Landing on You", this is the most royal love story.

"I didn't see it right away. I wasn't sure what I was doing. My favorite Korean drama ranking changed I felt like I was watching a movie blockbuster",

"The healing effect of Park Bo-gum's smile is unusual, the word cute is natural. It's a royal road romance drama that is inevitable to get hooked on Park Bo-gum.

https://korea.kaigai-drama-board.com/posts/1657?p=8

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

10 Dishes And Drinks Often Featured In Korean Dramas

Ever envied your favourite K-Drama characters as they dug into delectable-looking dishes and drinks?
lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=44lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=67

The influence of Korean culture all over the world is intense, so much so that fans are inspired to try anything the actors and actresses eat and drink.

We take a look at some of the popular bites and beverages that often feature in K-Dramas.

IMG-20210430-132936.jpg

Equivalent to the expression "Netflix and chill", an invitation to eat ramyun in Korean dramas almost always have a double meaning. While there is a juicy message hidden in the scenes involving instant noodles, we can't discount the fact that eating ramyun is one of the biggest influences of Korean culture on many parts of the world, including Malaysia.

Unforgettable scenes include Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) and Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) in What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?, Gu Seung-jun (Kim Jung-hyun) and Seon Dan (Seo Ji-hy) in Crash Landing On You, and Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum) and Cha Soo-hyun (Song Hye-kyo) in Encounter. So, practise caution when answering someone who asks, "Do you want to eat ramyun?" unless you're ready for it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Remake boom of K-dramas is a testament to their brilliant storytelling

[An excerpt ]

K-dramas

have a wider audience than ever thanks to the success of global streaming platforms and a rising demand for diversified content.

According to data from the Korea Communications Commission, Korea's over-the-top (OTT) market grew by 23 percent in 2020 from the previous year.

A string of K-dramas have gotten or are getting foreign adaptions this year. In March, the Philippines started airing a remake of tvN's 2018 romantic drama "Encounter" starring top actors Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp%3fnewsIdx=309849

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo’s ‘Encounter’ is coming to Netflix!

“Encounter” starring Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo is finally coming to Netflix this July!

The streaming giant made the announcement through Facebook with stills from the series

“This is one ~Encounter~ I wouldn’t want to miss,” the caption read with a red heart. “Save the date, July 30!”

As of writing, the announcement has garnered over 14,000 reactions, 2,300 shares and 1,400 comments from excited fans.

IMG-20210713-103533.jpg

“One of the best [K-dramas] I’ve ever watched,” one wrote. “I wouldn’t mind watching this again. A very heart-touching drama!” said another.

Netflix describes the series as one that's about a “chance encounter overseas.”

“A woman with much to lose and a man with little to his name meet again as employer and employee,” the description read. — Franchesca Viernes/LA, GMA News

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/showbiz/chikaminute/795014/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-s-encounter-is-coming-to-netflix/story/

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

When Will Encounter KDrama Start Streaming On Netflix?

A sad yet beautiful love story portrayed by two blockbuster actors in South Korea. Encounter is a 2018 South Korean series that aired every Wednesday and Thursday on tvN at 9:30 PM KST. The series became one of the highest-rated Kdramas during its airing from November 28, 2018 until January 24, 2019. Encounter has a total of 16 episodes.

(...)

When Will Encounter KDrama Start Streaming On Netflix?

International fans can now be spoiled with yet another Kdrama streaming on Netflix. The famous Kdrama Encounter starred by Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo will now be available for online streaming on Netflix starting July 30!

https://epicstream.com/news/BeaMelisse Ibanez/When-Will-Encounter-KDrama-Start-Streaming-On-Netflix

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:winkx:

What are you watching on Netflix this week?

<Kingdom: Ashinjeon> and <Boyfriend> <Lawless Lawyer> <Touch the Truth>, etc.

A magical relationship <Boyfriend>

http://topclass.chosun.com/editor/cheditor_5/attach/20210730135906_yvzqdnzq.jpg

<Boyfriend> is the story of Cha Soo-hyun, who has never lived the life of his choosing, and Kim Jin-hyuk, a free and clear soul, by chance meeting and starting a thrilling romance. Su-hyeon, the daughter of a famous politician and hotel representative, cannot be freed from public interest, and meets Jin-hyeok by chance during a trip to Cuba. I thought it was a sweet departure from my travel destination, but was it my destiny to meet in the end? After returning to Korea, the two reunited as a hotel representative and a new employee, and they feel excited for each other. 

Song Hye-kyo as Cha Soo-hyeon and Park Bo-gum as Kim Jin-hyuk presented the exciting chemistry of a couple older and younger. Although the world does not welcome it, a heart-fluttering romance between two men and women is presented by a magical encounter.

http://topclass.chosun.com/mobile/daily/view.asp?idx=1241&Newsnumb=2021071241

:winkx:

• Like 4