[Drama 2018] Matrimonial Chaos / The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼

0ly40

47 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

OMG! Ya'll the show is actually going there. A mess, a god dang mess!! I love it. Bring on the chaos (are they playing wife swamp now!?!??? HOW COULD THOSE TWO DO THAT TO THOSE TWO!!!) . 

I saw the preview and I was like OMG!!!! :scream: Ha ha...

I'll wait tomorrow to watch today's episode, too much work tonight. Bummer. It's going to be interesting to see. Is it the same in the Japanese version? I don't want spoilers but just curious if that same thing happens...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the Japanese original and Korea is mixing and matching, changing things up, and adding things. I honestly don't know how it's going to end even though I've seen the original. Granted Japanese original was only 11 episodes and now Korea is having to stretch 11 episodes of content into 16 so they have added a lot (the background characters) but the core story and dynamics are still there. 

I like some of the changes (I love how Lee El and Son Seok Goo are playing their characters here (or how they are written) more so than the original. Go Ayano owns my heart, but here I feel we get more emotions, more feelings from the two than in the original. I also like some of the changes made to Seok Moo (the original husband and his feelings are...yeah LOL). I don't like other changes because there was some female bonding I really enjoyed and just little bits of Yoo Young/Hwi Roo I wish hadn't been changed.  I'll spoiler you this

in the original all that you see in the preview does take place. Not saying anymore than that LOL

I don't think there was a new episode tonight. I believe the ep was delayed. Is this drama pre-produced? The ratings are pretty bad (which I expected since this drama isn't the typical kdrama flare. I feel it should have went to TvN or JTBc) and I would hate for KBS to reduce episode count or have writers change the story to try and draw in viewers. I hope it's pre-produced and done so that what is done is done. 

I love this show. The story, character, and everything about this drama so far is really interesting and just makes you think about a lot of things 

And about the latest episode omg.. and the preview for next episode.... Hwiroo crying as she said her lines... So heart breaking

If they dont screw the rest of the episode, this will be a miseang-tier drama imo

So I just finished watching episode 11 in time for tomorrow!

I won't say much here but I am a bit late to the party, but HR and JH kissing?! What?! They meet randomly at the supermarket and then they are making out like crazy?! I can totally understand SM and YY (and I actually thought it was nicely done and portrayed) but HR and JH?! Ha ha ha... I am really curious to see how that happened!...

Looking forward to tomorrow :)

I have not been following this drama since started. But I saw a small clip yesterday at youtube and it was chapter 16 when she confronts the husband and his cheating. OMG it was just heartbroken, I did not see entirely the first episodes I don't think I have the courage to but I really want to see how the drama would end. A lot of diferent ideas came into mind, but what I really want is the cheaters to have a sad end and the  exs to have a better life. I don't see it as a partners swipe like the ex end together it would be more than crazy and I don't think their relationship is still there for it. They seem to be good as friends and listen to one another but as a couple I don't know...they are still hurt and kind of living in a different path..their wounds are still fresh and would need more time to heal. Specially the ex wife she I would like to have a much comfortable and lovly life. 

56 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

OMG, is that what i think it is? the ending? omg i hope not..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOdJJmKPCuQ

I saw it too..is he going to die...is she pregnant..??..

In the description it says there is 3 more episodes, tomorrow  and next week. But if he dies...how sad the end would be...for her it is still a sad situation and more if she is pregnant. 

Hello guys! I'm new to this, but I'm going to put here my thoughts. 

@roli no, he is not going to die, he will be injured but nothing more than that. At least is what the preview says. Because I thought that he was dead as well :blink:

Episode 12 was nerve-racking... for me I was so mad with SM and YY because they're making an emotional bonding, while the other two were trying to "get their spouses back". At this point I just want to Hwi Roo be happy. And I don't think it's going to be with SM. I actually want her to be with the publisher guy, but who knows?! She likes SM a lot to change her mind like that.  

Holy spoilers! @nohamahamoud2002 could you please put your spoiler under the spoiler tag. You can do it like this [ /spoiler] spoikergoeshere [ /spoiler] without the spaces. As someone who has seen the original I’m not sure it’ll end the same here. Things have been changed and Im not sure what I know to be, will be. I can see one couple getting back together and one staying apart. But I need to watch these weeks eps with subs to know. Will post thoughts later. Happy watching everyone. 

I feel bad for Jang Hyun. These last two episodes he's been killing me with his emotions and the reveals about him. None of what occurred in this week's episodes excuses any of his action/behaviors towards Yoo Young. Cheating is cheating and it is bad and wrong. But, wow does his aloofness, weirdness, his randomness and just his emotions all make so much sense now. No wonder he wanted to help that bullied gossiped about first love (she reached out her hand and he had since learned not to reject such pleas), no wonder he took her rejection so hard and it was so traumatic for him. His not being able to get close, destroying his own happiness....it clicks now. Too bad its too little, too late now with Yoo Young.

I believe he is sincere in how sorry he is. I believe he's learned and grown from this and will never ever be who he was again. I'm happy he seems to have grown or be growing from this. I want him to let Yoo  Young go. I want him to be a part of his child's life and be it's father, but that doesn't mean he and Yoo Young have to be married  or living together. They can co-parent and he can still very much be a part of his child's life without the whole "Love and Marriage". I want him to not give up and fight to be his child's father because no matter how many women he cheated on her with, Yoo Young cannot take that right from him.

I'm mad at Yoo Young. No, I still love her But, I'm also in awe and confused by her. Is it possible to switch feelings off just like that? Has she really switched her feelings off or is it a  very fragile act? In ep 11 when she sees Jang Hyun walking, for a blink and you'll miss it second, the corner of her lips turn up. For the briefest of seconds the sight of him brings a smile, she lit up. Then she remembers herself, remembers the situation, remembers she's suppose to hate him, and the smile never gets to fully form and she turns to avoid him (bless Lee El's acting because her face lights up and then goes dark and. blank again justlikethat). Then she's asking Seok Moo to a motel, but then she can't kiss him. She gets teary as he finally agrees to break up (wishing her the best marriage) and then it's like nothing this ep. I keep wondering, does she truly no longer care for this man and is over him? Or does she want to not care about this man and wants to be over him because she does not want to be like her mom? 

Whatever it is, she has no right to keep Jang Hyun from his child. She can choose to not get back together with Jang Hyun (I honestly can't see them getting back together). She can choose to really be broken up, over and done, pack all your things (that one duffle bag is/was not all) divide things 50/50 and be gone. That's fine, but she can't keep him from his child. So long as he wasn't abusive, and wouldn't be a danger to her or their child (which he wouldn't) he has a right to be involved. I know she's broken hearted and hurt by how he did her (which is fine) and how it all ended, but he's still the baby's father and he has rights. I was hurt when she was all "I can't show the sonogram to strangers" (my jaw hit the floor). Whaaaaat...it's his child too!

Again she doesn't have to take him back, marry him, or live together, but she and he can co-parent and both be involved in their child's life, without all that. Like, get over your hurt feelings and mom up! He wants to be a part of his child's life, let him be a part. Raising a baby isn't easy (or cheap). If someone is going to help you pay bills, change diapers, feed, cloth, play, teach, celebrate and love your child, do it! Especially if it's their child too and they haven't given you any reason to believe they would be damaging to the child and their life and growth. Having been a bad spouse (and other than cheating he wasn't bad) doesn't mean they'll be a bad parent. She does't want to fall for his suicide mom and bad first love stories, that's fine. But why is she keeping him from his child? 

Hwi Roo and Seok Moo continue to frustrate with their lack of communication to one another! Everyone and their grandmother can see they still love and want to be with one another. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles (if he were alive, rest his soul) can see they love one another and should/would be back together. The two tell/show to everyone (EVERYONE) expect one another, how much they still love and care....Grandmother needs to do them both a favor and lock them in a room together and refuse to let them out, unless they talk and are honest about their feelings for one another!!!

Did the show drop the lesbian sister storyline they were hinting at!?!?!!! I knew KBS wouldn't have the courage to follow through :( I can't wait for next week. The ending with out broken hearted men singing was hilarious. The preview looks so sad though. Cleared house, written confessions, and "I don't love you anymore." 

On 11/21/2018 at 4:56 AM, MrsSoJiSub said:

I'm mad at Yoo Young. No, I still love her But, I'm also in awe and confused by her.

I am also confused by her. I like how I am confused about her but when she said that she could not show the sonogram to strangers, I lost it! She said it in such a cold way, it drove me crazy!

But... I think she is just putting that cold front because, I think, in the end she does not know what else to do. The whole weak/strong dichotomy thing was at the center this week. I gathered that YY appears strong but is actually weak; and the only way for her to counter her weakness is to shut JH out completely.

What I envision: them being cordial to one another as YY accepts for JH to be there for the child, thus having a sort of open ending. Them not being back together but pointing to the fact that they might go back together (or not) in the future.

I was scared about the spouses swap (as shown last week in the preview), but it was actually really nicely done. Not too dramatic or over the top.

Others things I liked:

- How HR had to show YY, in the supermarket mind you, how she had kissed JH. That was hilarious!

- HR's sister moving in with SM's sister! Which shows that despite the divorce, HR and SM are connected through family, what they thought they did not form at first.

- The guys singing at the karaoke and above all, the fact that they only sang break-up songs sung by women!!!! Interesting choice ;) The men are really the romantic ones in this show.

- SM still being so clumsy with his feelings and how to express himself. He felt awkward this week and I liked it.

I also wonder about the sister's lesbian love line... I really hope they are going to keep it open!!

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Matrimonial Chaos / The Best Divorce, 최고의 이혼

I can’t believe how underrated this drama is. This is undoubtedly the best drama of the year for me. Very heartwarming and has a very good message not only for couples but also for those who are single.

The cast are perfect- I have always loved Cha Tae Hyun and his top notch acting but man, Bae Doo Na had me on this one. How can I relate to a married-turned-divorced woman when I’ve always been single? It’s because of her natural yet great acting. And the supporting actors and actresses did just as well. I can’t even imagine anyone else playing Yoo Young or Jang Hyun or Halmeoni or even the parents! It just shows, nothing beats a drama by seasoned actors who care less about their looks and more about the portrayal of their characters. 

I wish for more shows like this in the future!

Archived