[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Hi, yes, I've heard about it, but haven't watched it yet.  It might be worth looking at, though stories of Emperors, Crown Princes, and their conflicts, often have much in common. In RN's case, it was more about HOW they made the story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PPB said:

Hi, yes, I've heard about it, but haven't watched it yet.  It might be worth looking at, though stories of Emperors, Crown Princes, and their conflicts, often have much in common. In RN's case, it was more about HOW they made the story. 

The original screenwriter of Royal Nirvana rewrote the plot e.g. the exam cheating incident because a former friend allegedly plagiarised her original script in another drama so I don’t think it’s that common.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:22 AM, bluehibiscus said:

The original screenwriter of Royal Nirvana rewrote the plot e.g. the exam cheating incident because a former friend allegedly plagiarised her original script in another drama so I don’t think it’s that common.

yes, I heard there are a lot of problems with plagiarism in Chinese dramas. My comment was perhaps far too general; what I meant was, now that I have watched many historical dramas, it seems to me that the themes are often very similar... I'm watching Nirvana in Fire 2 atm, and here, for ex, there is also the issue of a perceived 'balancing' of power as Prime Minister Xun sees it. The Changlin house and army are too close to the Emperor, and the Crown Prince side is under-represented (if I understood that correctly). Hence his attempt to rectify this, as inaccurate as his analysis may be. In Royal Nirvana, the Emperor is constantly balancing the two sides (Crown Prince Luo Jin, and first born Prince from former concubine, now Empress). This kind of thing seems to play out in a number of dramas, albeit each time with slightly different details. So unless the plot is really, really similar, then it's hard to say if it's plagiarism or not. However, I haven't watched Who Rules the World, so can't really say in this case. It was just a general point about what people call 'tropes' that appear constantly in these dramas. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sharing some news related to Royal Nirvana:

Several BGM used in Royal Nirvana have appeared in a number of other dramas, including the recent “A Dream of Splendor” and “Love Between Fairy and Devil”, to the dismay of Royal Nirvana’s diehard fans.

It seems someone had got hold of the script and distributed it without permission and the novelist/scriptwriter is in the process of suing the person.

• Unamused 2

On 8/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Sharing some news related to Royal Nirvana:

Several BGM used in Royal Nirvana have appeared in a number of other dramas, including the recent “A Dream of Splendor” and “Love Between Fairy and Devil”, to the dismay of Royal Nirvana’s diehard fans.

It seems someone had got hold of the script and distributed it without permission and the novelist/scriptwriter is in the process of suing the person.

I just finished watching A Dream of Splendour. I wonder which bit it was...

I noticed, a while back, that in The Legend of Xiao Chuo, in ep 1, the first section of the music was absolutely identical to RN... (we may have discussed this I think?) Such a shame, especially since there are so, so many talented artists of every kind in China. 

• Like 1

Hey All, randomly watching episodes, like I do, and I don’t think I ever knew what the letter CP gives to WX, to give to Minister Zhang in Ep24, says? And then why she doesn’t ever give it to him? It’s not translated, so if anyone could advise, I’d appreciate it :)

11 hours ago, PPB said:

I noticed, a while back, that in The Legend of Xiao Chuo, in ep 1, the first section of the music was absolutely identical to RN... (we may have discussed this I think?) Such a shame, especially since there are so, so many talented artists of every kind in China. 

A dream of splendor is my next drama,  I’ll definitely be watching for it! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2022 at 4:00 AM, Fangsi said:

Hey All, randomly watching episodes, like I do, and I don’t think I ever knew what the letter CP gives to WX, to give to Minister Zhang in Ep24, says? And then why she doesn’t ever give it to him? It’s not translated, so if anyone could advise, I’d appreciate it :)

A dream of splendor is my next drama,  I’ll definitely be watching for it! :)

CP wrote that Lu Zhongcheng and his son could be in danger and that it was best for Minister Zhang to get there swiftly to protect them, investigate and apprehend the culprits. She later explained that it was not because she wanted to harm Lu Zhongcheng but that as they were out of danger by the time she arrived, she decided there was no need to hand over the letter. She wanted to keep it because she once had a crush on CP.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:03 PM, PPB said:

The music in Legend of Xiao Chuo had one part that’s greatly similar. For the other cases, it should be licensed use from A Kun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

CP wrote that Lu Zhongcheng and his son could be in danger and that it was best for Minister Zhang to get there swiftly to protect them, investigate and apprehend the culprits. She later explained that it was not because she wanted to harm Lu Zhongcheng but that as they were out of danger by the time she arrived, she decided there was no need to hand over the letter. She wanted to keep it because she once had a crush on CP.

@bluehibiscus Thx so much! I had always assumed her telling him she wanted it as a keepsake, was just a lie to cover her actual intentions. But now that I know what the letter says, I really can’t think of what else she could have had in mind :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:40 AM, bluehibiscus said:

@PPBLuo Jin’s historical drama with Huang Zhichong will be airing on 11 Nov.

Hi @bluehibiscusthanks for the heads up. I saw some photos, but didn't know when it would air. Will look at it, it's been a while since Luo Jin has done anything. If you're watching it, let me know what it's like. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 10:40 PM, bluehibiscus said:

@PPBLuo Jin’s historical drama with Huang Zhichong will be airing on 11 Nov.

Happy New Year! I actually really liked this drama, which was a surprise because there’s no romance, just a lot of river governance. But damn, these 2 actors have some complicated relationships throughout the multiverse! Here’s hoping for a trilogy :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 12:31 AM, bluehibiscus said:

Hi everyone, hope all is well. Recently, more people around me are getting covid but life is still fairly normal.

Hey @bluehibiscus! Doin alright. I hope you continue to stay safe. Have you found any dramas that are on the RN level? I havnt, but I continue the search :)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 5:31 AM, bluehibiscus said:

Hi everyone, hope all is well. Recently, more people around me are getting covid but life is still fairly normal.

Hi! Good to hear from you! All good here. Where we are, covid, while still around, is no longer a big deal, so I'm grateful for that. 

What are you watching at present? Take care and keep well! 

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Fangsi said:

Another drama has stolen Royal Nirvana’s music! Legend of Anle. When I hear it, I wonder why I’m watching this and not RN :)

I'm so glad you mentioned that, I was watching it too, and I thought...surely this cannot be from Royal Nirvana, can it..? It sounded very familiar.. is there copyright, do they ask permission? It's a beautiful, haunting piece of music...

1 hour ago, PPB said:

I'm so glad you mentioned that, I was watching it too, and I thought...surely this cannot be from Royal Nirvana, can it..? It sounded very familiar.. is there copyright, do they ask permission? It's a beautiful, haunting piece of music...

I think RN did not ask/pay for exclusive rights to some of the music so they can be licensed to other drama by the composer.

• Like 1