[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

3063-DDC0-61-C3-46-D8-87-E4-D0-FEC812747

Luo Jin won Talented Male Actor of the Year (my loose translation) at the 2020 edition of “China TV Drama Awards” organised by Anhui Television.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4588697049367248

我记得我在10年前,是第一次到《国剧盛典》来,虽然中间因为工作的原因,有几年没来,但是我看到“国剧盛典”几个大字的时候,我依然会觉得特别亲切,特别的熟悉。所以我特别特别的感激《国剧盛典》以及安徽卫视能够这样的肯定我,以及那些可爱的观众们。还有就是想感谢我们的周群老师,余声老师,虽然你们现在没有在台上,我每年那个时候我都会听着她们的声音,走进我们《国剧盛典》的红毯,包括刚刚在下面的时候有很多工作人员,都是那些年能够看到的人,今天还在那儿为我们做着服务工作,因为有你们的努力,有安徽卫视的支持,我们的《国剧盛典》才能一年又一年精彩的举办下去,所以,希望《国剧盛典》能越来越好,也希望未来我可以带着更多好的角色和好的作品站在这个舞台上,谢谢大家!——2020《国剧盛典》

My translation:

I remember I first attended “China TV Drama Awards” 10 years ago. Although in between, there were a few years when I couldn’t attend due to work, when I see the words “China TV Drama Awards”, they still feel very close to heart, very familiar. Therefore, I am especially, especially grateful to “China TV Drama Awards and Anhui Television for giving me this recognition, as well as those adorable viewers. I also wish to thank Zhou Qun and Xu Sheng. Although both of you are presently not on stage, every year at that time, I would be hearing their voices as I walk onto the red carpet of “China TV Drama Awards”. Including many of the staff I saw just now when I was below, faces that I saw in previous years, still continuing to serve us today. It’s because of your hard work and the support of Anhui Television that our “China TV Drama Awards” can be held so brilliantly year after year. Hence, I hope “China TV Drama Awards” can keep getting better and also hope in the future, I can bring more great characters and great productions to this stage, thanks everyone!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Very Happy New Year to everyone, and a big thank you as always to @bluehibiscusfor the above post. I am really glad Luo Jin is getting the recognition I feel he really deserves. Thanks also of course for the translation, as I saw something like this on FB but could not quite work out what it was about! Hope everyone is well, best xx

• Like 2

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Like 1

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year! Thank you @PPB!

Thank you @bluehibiscusfor keeping us posted with the awards (this was for his work in "I will find you a better home" I think!), and the translation of the acceptance speech. It makes one realize what a humble person Luo Jin is, in how he acknowledges everyone's contribution to the creation of these dramas. Respect!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:13 PM, bluehibiscus said:

hope in the future, I can bring more great characters and great productions to this stage

What Luo Jin said is my hope too!

I am watching Luo Jin's new drama 江山如此多娇 (A Land So Rich In Beauty) on Mango TV, its pretty good! Up to episode 6 now, but no English subs at the moment. I am making up the dialog in my head, I will know how incorrect I am once the subs come out. Same thing happened with Royal Nirvana as well :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CDVK said:

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year! Thank you @PPB!

Thank you @bluehibiscusfor keeping us posted with the awards (this was for his work in "I will find you a better home" I think!), and the translation of the acceptance speech. It makes one realize what a humble person Luo Jin is, in how he acknowledges everyone's contribution to the creation of these dramas. Respect!

What Luo Jin said is my hope too!

I am watching Luo Jin's new drama 江山如此多娇 (A Land So Rich In Beauty) on Mango TV, its pretty good! Up to episode 6 now, but no English subs at the moment. I am making up the dialog in my head, I will know how incorrect I am once the subs come out. Same thing happened with Royal Nirvana as well :-)

Happy New Year @CDVK!

Four of his works (Royal Nirvana, Royal Nirvana Season 2, I Will Find You A Better Home, A Land So Rich In Beauty) are listed in the poster for his win so I think the award is for his overall performance in 2020.

Thanks for the heads up about A Land So Rich In Beauty. Just watched one episode of it and I think I need to read up on the hierarchy of the civil service in China to better appreciate the story.

• Like 2

I was pleasantly surprised to find 'A land so rich in beauty' on YouTube... So quick. However.... No subs! So yeah.... It'll be a bit of guesswork! 

(can I say I took my HSK 3 mock exam a couple of days ago and passed!! But I still find it hard to follow all dialogue) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PPB said:

I was pleasantly surprised to find 'A land so rich in beauty' on YouTube... So quick. However.... No subs! So yeah.... It'll be a bit of guesswork! 

(can I say I took my HSK 3 mock exam a couple of days ago and passed!! But I still find it hard to follow all dialogue) 

Great job passing your mock exam!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Great job passing your mock exam!

Thank you so much @bluehibiscus,

I did that so I could then start on hsk4, though that does seem very difficult.... I'll be reading the subtitles line by line, and it'll only take me a few hours to finish one episode! :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Happy New Year @CDVK!

Four of his works (Royal Nirvana, Royal Nirvana Season 2, I Will Find You A Better Home, A Land So Rich In Beauty) are listed in the poster for his win so I think the award is for his overall performance in 2020.

Thanks for the heads up about A Land So Rich In Beauty. Just watched one episode of it and I think I need to read up on the hierarchy of the civil service in China to better appreciate the story.

Thank you @bluehibiscus!

Each of Luo Jin's performance is great! - so it makes sense - but I think they only showed the images from "I will find you a better home" at the awards.

I was so happy to find you in the discussion forum for "A Land So Rich in Beauty" :-) 

Any guidance you can give to help us appreciate the drama better is our gain - but please don't feel like you have to. 

I think the FL acted with him before in "Beauties of the Emperor" and "Cosmetology High". I liked her performance on those. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:25 AM, PPB said:

Well done! I am not sure hat HSK 3  exams are, but I presume it has something to do with learning Chinese. I think in any language, there are many ways to express something that makes it hard to know all these forms of expressions until you use that language a lot! It took me a good 4+ years of Communicating in English almost exclusively before I could understand and express most forms. My Chinese language vocabulary is primitive - and I understand a couple of sentences (e.g. "Who are you?" - thanks Royal Nirvana). I do wish I could understand and enjoy the dialog more - may be one day!

I found the google translation of Baidu page helpful to get some idea of hat is going on.

helpful (https://baike.baidu.com, search for 江山如此多娇)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, CDVK said:

Thank you @bluehibiscus!

Each of Luo Jin's performance is great! - so it makes sense - but I think they only showed the images from "I will find you a better home" at the awards.

I was so happy to find you in the discussion forum for "A Land So Rich in Beauty" :-) 

Any guidance you can give to help us appreciate the drama better is our gain - but please don't feel like you have to. 

I think the FL acted with him before in "Beauties of the Emperor" and "Cosmetology High". I liked her performance on those. 

Well done! I am not sure hat HSK 3  exams are, but I presume it has something to do with learning Chinese. I think in any language, there are many ways to express something that makes it hard to know all these forms of expressions until you use that language a lot! It took me a good 4+ years of Communicating in English almost exclusively before I could understand and express most forms. My Chinese language vocabulary is primitive - and I understand a couple of sentences (e.g. "Who are you?" - thanks Royal Nirvana). I do wish I could understand and enjoy the dialog more - may be one day!

I found the google translation of Baidu page helpful to get some idea of hat is going on.

helpful (https://baike.baidu.com, search for 江山如此多娇)

Thank you so much @CDVK! the HSK exams are recognised by the Chinese Govt if you want to go to university or work there. They are run by the Confucius Institute, many people outside of China, when they study the Chinese language, take these exams...there are 6 levels I think, though they are very heavy on the characters.... which is why I'm not sure I'll be able to get to level 4, I forget everything...!:) 

I think a language needs to be heard a lot, and spoken a lot before one can really learn it... that's why Chinese dramas are so good!! What I always remember from RN is our CP answering the Emperor with "Chen.....mei you" ! I keep on saying that around the house...:lol: though the language in the historical dramas can be more archaic, people don't really say Chen anymore (your subject), or so my teacher tells me! Thanks for the link and the heads up about the thread for A land so rich in beauty, will be there shortly! I have not seen it yet as I've been busy, and I still don't understand everything in Chinese, so I get lazy and like the subtitles, but I'll get there eventually. It looks like an uplifting drama, I reckon Luo Jin got tired of dramas where he's in despair...:)

On 1/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, riri101 said:

has anyone watched the royal nirvana special series?? can anyone help explain on how wen xi's youngest brother becomes a prince and is considered as a brother to the CP? lol, totally lost with the plot

@riri101 I thought the same when I first saw it because the actors looked similar. But actually the young person with CP's child (future CP) planting the tree in the Crown Prince's forest is indeed the step brother of CP - her refers to himself as uncle to the child. He is the 6th prince who CP teaches in the earlier episodes, but is shown a little older too. Wenxi's brother is not in this scene. @bluehibiscusPlease feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CDVK said:

@riri101 I thought the same when I first saw it because the actors looked similar. But actually the young person with CP's child (future CP) planting the tree in the Crown Prince's forest is indeed the step brother of CP - her refers to himself as uncle to the child. He is the 6th prince who CP teaches in the earlier episodes, but is shown a little older too. Wenxi's brother is not in this scene. @bluehibiscusPlease feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)

@CDVK You’re correct :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On 12/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, DramaLover said:

Pretty good subtitles. I’m currently watching Ep 2. I was told the subs were provided by the TV channel that was broadcasting the show; not the Google garbage you get on YouTube. Upload has been fast. 3 episodes posted today. Better watch fast before they’re taken down.... 

@DramaLover Hey do you know if that site still exists? I absolutely love this show but the poor quality subtitles on all the major sites are absolutely terrible, forcing me to drop this show until I can find better subs. There is so much nuance and detail that gets lost with these google translations, its absolutely infuriating!

Edited by Platypus34

• 1 month later...

Anyone else loosing episodes on Amazon Prime? I went to watch it today and only 5 episodes were available. Not consecutive either... Just wondering if Amazon is cutting me off personally, or if the drama might be making moves to another platform (which would be great for better translations!)

3 hours ago, Fangsi said:

Anyone else loosing episodes on Amazon Prime? I went to watch it today and only 5 episodes were available. Not consecutive either... Just wondering if Amazon is cutting me off personally, or if the drama might be making moves to another platform (which would be great for better translations!)

I just checked my prime and now said this video is currently unavailable.  I'm in the state btw. Thank God i finished it a couple of months ago