[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

So far I'm counting the following people in the palace/court who (up to now) know of Wenxi's real ID: The 5th prince, Lady Jiang, ... Li Ming'an? But there's no way Du Shilang also knows of this, right? I need to go back to earlier episodes, I feel like I've seen him speaking with Wenxi.

PS. I think it's cute that 5th Prince addresses Wenxi as jiejie :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, caranita said:

So far I'm counting the following people in the palace/court who (up to now) know of Wenxi's real ID: The 5th prince, Lady Jiang, ... Li Ming'an? But there's no way Du Shilang also knows of this, right? I need to go back to earlier episodes, I feel like I've seen him speaking with Wenxi.

PS. I think it's cute that 5th Prince addresses Wenxi as jiejie :)

5th Prince is younger than Wenxi. 

I think I’ve found out the answer to one of my early questions — the reason why Wexi removed her veil at the temple, allowing 5th Prince to see her face. It is disrespectful to conceal one’s face in front of the Buddha.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

Rewatching the previews, I think my initial assumption that CP was asking Zhang Luzheng to go to the new Chancellor was wrong.  CP seemed to be daring him to go to someone (I’m guessing the Emperor) and that if he did, he wouldn’t get the position of Chancellor.

• Insightful 1

3 hours ago, caranita said:

As always, thank you very much for the summaries! You know, I'm actually quite surprised with Lady Chen's actions.

Reveal hidden contents

So she's also jealous of the Crown Princess? I've always thought she had a thing for Gu Feng'en, not the CP.

I sort of knew because they mentioned

Spoiler

she admired the CP in the making-of special about the various ways of showing respect in the drama. I agree her scenes with Feng En were sending out mixed signals.

• Like 1

Her resentment of CP wife and WX was a big surprise to me too. Like everyone else, I tot she was smitten with FengEn. Maybe she’s just possessive of her Master whom she’s grew up together with. And CP never developed that kind of warmth or closeness with her?

• Like 1

From the previews, WX is wearing civilian clothes and palace uniform in different scenes. I’m so darn curious. Anyone can share what previews are hinting; or what’s next in the novel?

Also, earlier comments talk of her being a prostitute. Was that said in the previews. I’m watching the subs in Amazon Prime, but definitely losing the nuances in the translations. 

5 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Who killed?

Reveal hidden contents

Crown princess? Any tots?

our FL suffers too much, how much more she has to suffer:bawling:

CP loved his wife after all and he beat up and put our FL in jail.too much

i can’t even bring myself to watch the latest episodes bcoz of Wenxi. Just watching bits and pieces in YT give me heartache, even though  I’m preparing myself to watch with known spoilers, I can’t seem to do.

do u guys think 5th prince is up to something? Will he become a villain later?

Spoiler

I suspect it’s the biscuit because that’s the only food that both CPrincess and 6th Prince ate. Prince Qi’s wife is the biggest suspect since she bore a grudge after death of her father LBZ. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwinata said:

Hide contents

I suspect it’s the biscuit because that’s the only food that both CPrincess and 6th Prince ate. Prince Qi’s wife is the biggest suspect since she bore a grudge after death of her father LBZ. 

Yes, and it was suggested a similar incident happened last time in the same place. I suspect it may be related to CP’s sister’s death.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

From the previews, WX is wearing civilian clothes and palace uniform in different scenes. I’m so darn curious. Anyone can share what previews are hinting; or what’s next in the novel?

Also, earlier comments talk of her being a prostitute. Was that said in the previews. I’m watching the subs in Amazon Prime, but definitely losing the nuances in the translations. 

There is nothing about prostitutes in the dialogue and I have never seen anyone sentenced to prostitution because they broke the law in Cdramas. With the society heavily influenced by Confucian values, I would imagine such a punishment wouldn’t be considered ethical at the time and they have many options for punishment such as imprisonment, beheading, hard labour, exile, etc.

I will try to do a translation but the previews are cut in such a cryptic way that I get more clues from the title of the previews than the scenes shown.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Preview Ep 36-39

Zhao: Your Majesty, you might as well kill me. Why are you humiliating me like this?

Wenxi: Has Shangshu thought about who would stand to benefit the most from such a carefully executed plan to poison the Crown Princess?

Jiang: Are these (gesturing with her hand) the idea of the acting monarch?

Emperor: Get those people to leave immediately.

CP: Dian Shuai, please wait a bit.

Emperor: It is a monarch’s decree.

CP: The acting monarch’s decree is equivalent to a monarch’s decree.

Zhang: Who was the one who instigated you!

Emperor: Isn’t it obvious?

CP: If the investigations yielded findings, no matter who they involve, this time I don’t wish to feel resentment.

Emperor: Why have you got up when you are still unwell?

Emperor: The moment the results don’t suit you, you start to feel resentment again?

Shaoyun: Brother-in-law, come quickly to save her.... move aside.

CP: Get out!

Zhang: Your Highness, this person, you can’t take her away!

CP: Enter the palace now and tell him I took this person away. See if he will still give you the Chancellor position.

Emperor: Crown Prince, for the sake of a woman, are you really going to disobey your father and your elders?

CP: Your Majesty has said before that the system and feelings are two different things.

Emperor: Looks like you have learnt well since I appointed you acting monarch.

CP: This is the first time you have praised me since I became acting monarch.

Wenxi: That place sounds scarier than the Department of Punishment.

CP: Yes, it’s eerie and completely devoid of light. How can Xiao Gui Ting compare to Yan Jun Dian?

Wenxi: Then I might as well jump into the pond again.

CP: Go ahead. This time I will stand on a bridge and slowly admire the way you sink to the bottom.

Dian Shuai: Your Highness, please let go.

CP: When you get out, I want to see with my own eyes how you sink to the bottom so without my permission, you are not allowed to die.

Qi: As a subordinate official, how dare you speak indiscriminately!

Qi: I have a vacant position in my residence. I know it is asking a man of your talents to settle for less but in future...

@DramaLover She does not appear in civilian clothes in these previews, only prison wear and her uniform.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Preview Ep 36-39

Zhao: Your Majesty, you might as well kill me. Why are you humiliating me like this?

Wenxi: Has Shangshu thought about who would stand to benefit the most from such a carefully executed plan to poison the Crown Princess?

Jiang: Are these (gesturing with her hand) the idea of the acting monarch?

Emperor: Get those people to leave immediately.

CP: Dian Shuai, please wait a bit.

Emperor: It is a monarch’s decree.

CP: The acting monarch’s decree is equivalent to a monarch’s decree.

Zhang: Who was the one who instigated you!

Emperor: Isn’t it obvious?

CP: If the investigations yielded findings, no matter who they involve, this time I don’t wish to feel resentment.

Emperor: Why have you got up when you are still unwell?

Emperor: The moment the results don’t suit you, you start to feel resentment again?

Shaoyun: Brother-in-law, come quickly to save her.... move aside.

CP: Get out!

Zhang: Your Highness, this person, you can’t take her away!

CP: Enter the palace now and tell him I took this person away. See if he will still give you the Chancellor position.

Emperor: Crown Prince, for the sake of a woman, are you really going to disobey your father and your elders?

CP: Your Majesty has said before that the system and feelings are two different things.

Emperor: Looks like you have learnt well since I appointed you acting monarch.

CP: This is the first time you have praised me since I became acting monarch.

Wenxi: That place sounds scarier than the Department of Punishment

CP: Yes, it’s eerie and completely devoid of light. How can Xiao Gui Ting compare to Yan Jun Dian?

Wenxi: Then I might as well jump into the pond again.

CP: Go ahead. This time I will stand on a bridge and slowly admire the way you sink to the bottom.

Dian Shuai: Your Highness, please let go.

CP: When you get out, I want to see with my own eyes how you sink to the bottom so without my permission, you are not allowed to die.

Qi: As a subordinate official, how dare you speak indiscriminately!

Qi: I have a vacant position in my residence. I know it is asking a man of your talents to settle for less but in future...

@DramaLover She does not appear in civilian clothes in these previews, only prison wear and her uniform.

Thank you, @bluehibiscus!!

I wonder which place is WX being sent to (that’s scarier than the Dept of Punishment).

After the intensity of Episodes 32-35, I’m so ready for some sweet moments between our leads (.......even if they are served bittersweet.)

Oh please Drama Gods.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, caranita said:
1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

Preview Ep 36-39

Thank you for the translation! So we can expect CP finally recognizes WX and their relationship restarts somewhere in these episodes, as I see a scene of them holding hands :wub:

how is CP gonna make it up to her? Will he have the guts to face her after what he did? He seemed happy with his wife and seem devastated when he lost her and the baby.he doesn’t deserve FL

all the people who protect him either die or have miserable ending.

At this point I’m not so fond to give my FL to him. At least she can go to her baby brother and be happy or she can become more powerful and take revenge on these asswh@***s

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

@bluehibiscus, I’m getting previews mixed up with the OST. 

I’m currently in love with the OST “Willing to have your heart”. I was so shocked when my Chinese workmate told me that it was a MALE singer!!

@bluehibiscus, In the MV, there’s a scene of WX snatching her pouch from CP. And later, giving it to ZhaoYun. Also at some point, CP is also in attendant uniform. Maybe this is after he is decrowned?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

@bluehibiscus, I’m getting previews mixed up with the OST. 

I’m currently in love with the OST “Willing to have your heart”. I was so shocked when my Chinese workmate told me that it was a MALE singer!!

I love this song very much too. The title is from the adage, “愿得一心人,白首不相离” which means willing to have the heart of my beloved and grow old together. Yes, the male singer has a voice that sounds female.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1