[Drama 2018] I'm a mother too, 나도 엄마야

0ly40

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the direction the drama is taking:w00t:. Let them both heal from their old wounds and start fresh. And Omg  the wife gave birth before and the child was put up for adoption. This is getting interesting. I'm gonna bet the first child will end up interacting with JY:mellow:considering the fact that she is thinking of helping other children according to the preview. Wait until the current husband and his family finds out the truth. They will be kicking her out.

@lu09 Yeah did not see that coming with KS having a baby before. I see the younger son tracking JY down eventually. They will probably end up together. Kind of a neat story line developing. There are no real villains so far. Everyone has their own baggage they bring. I’m thinking the big company the family owns will crumble before this drama is over. We are still very early in this story.

@lu09 @rolisrntex ~ am curious about how old the kid that kyung shin gave up would be.. if she was married for about 14 years when the surrogacy happened and now we have a 4 year time jump? and she would have met her hubby sometime after the adoption... so maybe 18 or 19? or perhaps a little older like 21? wondering if we will also get to see the boyfriend that dumped kyung shin at that stage... but it was certainly a nice twist!

I was wondering the same thing:huh:. I believe the kid would be in his last year of high school if we go with the theory of her being married to the current husband for 18 years. The child would probably be under 20 years old in korean age system. I hope the child shows up and causes problems for her:sweatingbullets:. The ex-boyfriend in every drama shows up lol:joy:. The wife has too many skeletons in her closet. 

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

Finally mother and son met each other:w00t::w00t::w00t:. Beautiful, I had tears in my eyes. 

Yep interesting development!!!! I believe the younger son and Ji Young will start dating before long and pieces will start to be stitched together. Funny that KS sees her BIL as a threat to her husband’s future. I said earlier that if I was the old man I would rather leave the company to the younger son because he has guts. Looks like that may be the trajectory we are headed on. However, I feel the younger brother may keep going on his own path outside the family business.

On 6/26/2018 at 1:00 AM, tulip06 said:

I may have to drop this show. I really do not like Ji Young, nor the attitude that people are taking towards Kyung Sh8n who was in an abusive in laws situation.

Ji Young may have threatened suicide but I feel she is heaps better than KS.  KS didn't want the child too once she thought he was deformed.  He would be something that her MIL can use against her, not something she can use to gain advantage in that family.  Yes, her MIL is abusive to her but isn't she to the rest of the world?  She treats JY even worst than how her MIL treats her.  

And I have not forgotten that she killed two persons - JY's husband and her unborn child.  Her only concern was to save her own butt.  She has moved on with her life with hardly a thought to what she did.  The mention of the place where the accident occurred instead brings up memories of her husband with another woman (and the affair really is in her mind!).  She has no business lecturing anyone about the value of human life, taking responsibility for their actions, etc.  

13 hours ago, fanofr said:

Ji Young may have threatened suicide but I feel she is heaps better than KS.  KS didn't want the child too once she thought he was deformed.  He would be something that her MIL can use against her, not something she can use to gain advantage in that family. 

I never picked up the Ji Young suicide vibe. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I just remember her saying if the baby is taken away she didn't think she could live. Well she has moved on a bit. However, you can tell the pain of losing Soon Ju is still there. 

About KS...

To KS the child is an insurance policy nothing more. She doesn't love the child as much as the rest of the family does. She thought having the child would insulate her from being kicked out of the family and secure her husband's future in the family business. She did it out of greed. You can clearly see now the family's money and her ability to enjoy it is her only concern.

I'm trying to figure out the look on Ji Young's face when she saw the drawing she did in the coffee shop on Sang Hyuk's desk at the end of 29.

18 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I never picked up the Ji Young suicide vibe. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I just remember her saying if the baby is taken away she didn't think she could live. Well she has moved on a bit. However, you can tell the pain of losing Soon Ju is still there. 

About KS...

To KS the child is an insurance policy nothing more. She doesn't love the child as much as the rest of the family does. She thought having the child would insulate her from being kicked out of the family and secure her husband's future in the family business. She did it out of greed. You can clearly see now the family's money and her ability to enjoy it is her only concern.

I'm trying to figure out the look on Ji Young's face when she saw the drawing she did in the coffee shop on Sang Hyuk's desk at the end of 29.

KS has some issues. Whatever happened to her when she was pregnant before scarred her. Like you, I do not see any motherly affection for the boy. He is just a tool for her to use against that family thinking she will end up with everything later. From my view she will only get worse. Especially when the child starts really talking about the teacher and future aunt. We can already see that the boy has some type of memory of JY. Based on her smell and her sweet nature. Its only a matter of time before the child really starts craving that sweet motherly care he gets from his teacher. 

KS never spends time with this child and he is always doing something outside (school, karate, etc) or with the nanny until dinner time when she tries to act like a mom and gets him ready for bed where she pumps him about what he did and who he saw during the day. 

KS seems to want to make sure that the younger brother does not come back and get anything. What she fails to see is that her brother in law does not want any part of the company of her husband and father in law are involved in. He has no thought to come back (although I wonder if something will happen to the husband and father in law later and he has to come back to help the company) or compete with his brother for the inheritance. Every conversation with her husband is about her wanting to keep him from having a relationship with his brother and have  him to feud with his brother over money and the man is not going to do it (at least for now). 

What I hope to see later is the husband does truly cheat on her with the professor he was with the night she caused hte accident that killed JY's husband and unborn child. Her actions keep pushing the man away and I can not see that he stil loves her the same anymore. Eventually KS will learn that the surrogate/Teacher/Future sister in law that she mistreated turns out to be the woman she caused the death of her husband and baby. When she does find that out she will be afraid and even more crazy then she already is scared someone will find out the truth of what she did. I see her going to jail for what she did when someone finally ties her to it. The sad part is if KS had not been so hateful and evil to JY and showed real remorse and said she was scared of owning up to what she did JY maybe would not send her to jail but KS is only going to do awful things to JY when she learns who the brother is dating and her son has contact with and it will only hurt her later when the truth comes out about what she did and hid.

There is no doubt she will not get to keep that child or her husband (hopefully he does not die). I see the man needing a divorce from her but right now it wont happen because she uses the child as a bargaining tool. I am waiting on him to get a clue and divorce her realizing being rich and from a good family he can take that child from her (we see Rich families doing all the time in these things.. KS had it happen to her before so why have they not thought of this now?) but knowing how nuts KS is she would just run and take the child and hide. 

16 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

We can already see that the boy has some type of memory of JY. Based on her smell and her sweet nature. Its only a matter of time before the child really starts craving that sweet motherly care he gets from his teacher.

Further evidenced in 30 when he remarked that he likes the sound of her heartbeat and sang the song she used to sing to him when she carried him in her womb and cared for him as a newborn. These two are gravitating to each other demonstrating the unbreakable bond between a mother and her child. True KS and her husband provided the egg and sperm but Ji Young gave him life and even saved it when those two wanted to abandon him.

I like the time spent at the beginning of episode 30 spent reconnecting Sang Hyuk and Ji Young. Both of them have suffered in the past. Sang Hyuk with his unfaithful wife and disownment by his father and Ji Young with the tragic death of her husband and child. Also add on to the fact that she had Soon Ju snatched away from her. They both have scars that will heal from their relationship.   

This drama is starting to get interesting and I am looking forward to see how things shake out. I also believe all of KS's dirty laundry will be revealed at some point and everything she schemed to grab will be snatched away.

@Ldy Gmerm  she does have issues no? like you, it makes me think that it has to do with her previous relationship. she seems to see love as a weakness? or a liability? she does not seem to even understand the concept of brotherly/sibling love. she thinks of everyone as competition and frets that the younger brother has some big agenda by giving the child iron man costume. so her basic inability to trust, feel or believe anyone can be good prevents her bonding with her own child. the husband surprisingly is a good man and he loves his son. he wants to play baseball and take his child out for lunch. so the bond between them is stronger. he also recognizes that his child needs people and can't be isolated. so perhaps when he finds out ji young and gets over the initial shock, can see him reaching out or letting her be a part of the child's life because he thinks of the child's welfare. hope that he doesn't get killed off -- the child deserved to have a parent that loves him.

and on another note, am happy to see that the doctor is probably getting her own love line with that absent minded genius doctor on the other floor? he is kind of randomly funny. hahahaha...  was thinking it will be some sort of typical triangle with her falling for the younger brother but looks like that won't be the case? hope so.  though I do wonder what the story will be with the younger brother's sperm as it is still in storage. will there be some other child that comes out it???

is anyone surprised that younger brother's wife is somewhat still in the story. thought with the divorce, she would be written out. and she has become even more temperamental and still wants that building. hmmm, will she sue him or something?...

and for those celebrating your birthday in july...

On 7/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, rolisrntex said:

Further evidenced in 30 when he remarked that he likes the sound of her heartbeat and sang the song she used to sing to him when she carried him in her womb and cared for him as a newborn. These two are gravitating to each other demonstrating the unbreakable bond between a mother and her child. True KS and her husband provided the egg and sperm but Ji Young gave him life and even saved it when those two wanted to abandon him.

I like the time spent at the beginning of episode 30 spent reconnecting Sang Hyuk and Ji Young. Both of them have suffered in the past. Sang Hyuk with his unfaithful wife and disownment by his father and Ji Young with the tragic death of her husband and child. Also add on to the fact that she had Soon Ju snatched away from her. They both have scars that will heal from their relationship.   

This drama is starting to get interesting and I am looking forward to see how things shake out. I also believe all of KS's dirty laundry will be revealed at some point and everything she schemed to grab will be snatched away.

I feel for Ji Young and Sang Hyuk they are really going to suffer in this love that is budding between them. Like you they have suffered in the past and deserve to find love again. The problem is the people around them are going to cause a huge issue over a fated meet that brought them together. It will be hard for them when the finally realize who the other is. For Ji Young I see her trying to break it off from Sang Hyuk and for him I see him shocked at Ji Young being the surrogate that he head about. 

What upsets me the most is Ji Young was a victim here.  Ji Young did everything to make sure that child was loved and wanted before she gave birth. Yet that woman has painted her in a bad light. I feel that when Sang Hyunk finds out he will be floored but in the end he will realize it was just fate and that Ji Young did not have any bad intentions. What I would like to see is something like what happened in the drama " Here Comes Love" (a really good drama) where the lead found out the connection of the woman he fell in love with , with his brother in law but after he worked through it he still stood by her and fought to be with her. So Hopefully Sang Hyunk will do the same this time. I think the biggest obstacle is going to be his previous relationship. His parents where against in and he ended up divorced. He will have to want to take the chance again and believe things will be different in this relationship. For Ji Young given how she was treated I have to see if the love she has for Sang Hyuk and for the baby will help her to move on and embrace the new love and fight even when she learns who Sang Hyuk is connected to. 

KS prolly will not have her dirty laundry aired into way, way almost at the end. OF course her mini plots will be exposed early I hope. For her she can't sit still and will end up ruining her marriage and harming others. As soon as she realizes that Ji Young is Ms. Wendy the kindergarten teacher she will try to get her fired or remove the boy. But given her mental state I can see her trying to get rid of Ji Young anyway she can once she realizes that Ji Young was the woman in the car she ran off the road and killed her husband and child. Fear is a great motivator to do bad things. The threat of Ji Young becoming her sister in law and able to tell the truth about what KS did concerning that child and learning that Ji Young's husband and baby died because of KS is going to get her to do more and more bad things to save herself. 

On 7/11/2018 at 3:09 AM, Lmangla said:

@Ldy Gmerm  she does have issues no? like you, it makes me think that it has to do with her previous relationship. she seems to see love as a weakness? or a liability? she does not seem to even understand the concept of brotherly/sibling love. she thinks of everyone as competition and frets that the younger brother has some big agenda by giving the child iron man costume. so her basic inability to trust, feel or believe anyone can be good prevents her bonding with her own child. the husband surprisingly is a good man and he loves his son. he wants to play baseball and take his child out for lunch. so the bond between them is stronger. he also recognizes that his child needs people and can't be isolated. so perhaps when he finds out ji young and gets over the initial shock, can see him reaching out or letting her be a part of the child's life because he thinks of the child's welfare. hope that he doesn't get killed off -- the child deserved to have a parent that loves him.

and on another note, am happy to see that the doctor is probably getting her own love line with that absent minded genius doctor on the other floor? he is kind of randomly funny. hahahaha...  was thinking it will be some sort of typical triangle with her falling for the younger brother but looks like that won't be the case? hope so.  though I do wonder what the story will be with the younger brother's sperm as it is still in storage. will there be some other child that comes out it???

I think KS was affected by how she was treated in the past. She was thrown away like trash and her child taken. Her mother in law treats her awfully but that is no excuse to do the things she has done. If she was so unhappy as a daughter in law of that family she should have sought divorce and got alimony or a settlement. 

From the recent episodes the mother in law admits that her mother in law treated her the same way so its a vicious cycle but I bet if Ji Young makes it in later I can't see her treating Ji Young like it or Ji Young taking it.  KS's main issue is she wants to be seen as someone that is not mistreated or trash. Unfortunately trying to destroy the bond of brothers and keep the younger brother from his family all for the sake of inheritance is not the way to go. Also being so mean to little Tony who is an innocent child and told she was trying to keep him from seeing his uncle is not the way. I was happy that her husband told her not to lay a hand on that boy again. I do not see love for this child from her and I put it to the things you mentioned above but also because she never created a bond with this child either through carrying it or afterwards. KS expects the child to love her and want her because she is suppose to be his mom but she is going to be shown that it is not going to work like that. Once Ji Young is learned to be Ms. Wendy the woman is going to start being jealous that her son prefers the surrogate over her. 

I hope no one uses Sang Hyuk's sperm. I am not all that happy with that doctor friend of Sang Hyuk I think she is unscrupulous and will use his sperm in some of his patients if she can get away with it. The recent conversation with the absentminded doctor shows that she is willing to help the patient conceive no matter what regardless of the laws in place currently. This is why I think at some point she may cross the line and use Sang Hyuk's sperm if she remembers it is still there. 

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone surprised that younger brother's wife is somewhat still in the story. thought with the divorce, she would be written out. and she has become even more temperamental and still wants that building. hmmm, will she sue him or something?...

I was hoping she would disappear as well but what I see is her having a conflict with Ji Young's Cousin who is the make up artist. I also see her trying to get back with Sang Hyuk if she learns he is dating someone. The woman is very selfish and egotistical.  The nerve of her to ask for a building when she did not help the man when he lost everything! All she is there for is to be a pest. I can see her remembering that sperm is in that place as well and trying to have that doctor use it. 

One of the worst characters for me is that doctor friend. I can't stand her because she runs her mouth telling Sang Hyuk's business to everyone. What kind of friend is she? He has told her things in confidence and she can't wait to tell his brother, his sister in law and anyone else who asks here. At what point does she not get that the sister in law is not a good person and she should not be telling Sang Hyuk's business to anyone? I can see her face now when she learns he is dating someone and its Ji Young who use to be the surrogate. 

Who will be the first one to assume that Ji Young targeted Sang Hyunk because of his connection to the child? Also given tonight's episode what will the brother do now that he sees Ji Young is Ms Wendy? Will he say something and make her realize who he is meaning she will realize who little Tony is? Or will he keep quiet about it since his son likes her so much and Ji Young seems to not know who the child is?

Archived