[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

On 4/1/2018 at 11:43 PM, larus said:

It is suspect that the husband will be the one who recomends her. Are they plotting together? Is the child really dead? I don`t know how they will play the friendship between women in this drama (I really want to see that), but I hope there will be not another Ms Perfect/ Perfect Wife. Give us something different. Hope they don`t make the "nanny" a phycho who has the plan to be in Yoon Jin`s shoes and the husband is the clueless one. Give us a good mystery.

I hope we get an original story/mystery, it would be a waste of the actors' talent. I too want to have KSY's character to have us guessing where she is coming from. I want writer-nim to keep us guessing throughout the show too. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I hope we get an original story/mystery, it would be a waste of the actors' talent. I too want to have KSY's character to have us guessing where she is coming from. I want writer-nim to keep us guessing throughout the show too. 

I won`t get hopes too high but I do want a good mystery. Let`s not guess the plot from the beginning but in the same time, the resolution has to make sense. I wish to see a good character development as well.  It is hard to write a good drama. :D

I don`t know why they delay writing about the drama in the media. The other investigative drama who starts in the same week, have released the first script reading pictures.

April 9, 2018

‘Secret Mother’ looks at Korea’s intense education scene

Upcoming SBS drama series “Secret Mother” will focus on the overheated education system in Korea, starring Kim So-yeon and Song Yoon-ah as the main leads. 

Kim is to take the role of a Kim Lisa, a mysterious person overseeing student’s academic endeavors. She takes care of students’ schedules, goals and scores, like a mother would. The production team referred to her as an “academic surrogate mother.” 

On the left, Kim So-yeon (J,Wide-Company) and Song Yoon-ah (Snowball Entertainment)

Song will play an ex-psychiatrist who is committed to her family. She hires Kim to ensure her child’s admission to a prestigious university. 

The TV drama is set around “Gangnam mothers,” referring to the parents who are notoriously dedicated to sending their children to prestigious universities, to the point of micromanaging them.

The first episode of the new Saturday-Sunday series will air in May.

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

APRIL 9 2018

Kim So-Yeon cast in SBS drama series “Secret Mother”

Secret_Mother-CS2-111.jpg

Kim So-Yeon is now cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Secret Mother” co-starring Song Yoon-A. In the drama series, Kim So-Yeon will play co-lead character Lisa Kim. Her job is to help students enter prestigious universities. She is hired by Kim Yoon-Jin (Song Yoon-A).

“Secret Mother” first airs May 12, 2018 in South Korea (drama series will air Saturdays after the conclusion of “Good Witch.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-so-yeon-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-secret-mother

On 4/3/2018 at 10:38 PM, larus said:

We know that the drama had a script reading. And there is other confirmations for the cast but why they promote so little in the media? No new information about the drama. We don`t even know how many episodes this drama has.

So far they released information about the good guys.

If Kim Yoon Jin has doubts about her daughter's death it is possible that her daughter to be alive. Who has an interest to kidnap a child and make her mother think she is dead? Not to mentioned that the father is the chief of police. The key point to figure out the plot for me is the other two characters. I want the  informations for Kim Soyeon and Kim Tae Woo`s characters. I know they will use ambigious description and  they give us just the tip of the aisberg for their description but I still want to read them. They will be my badies in this show?

If there wasn`t the mention that the women will form a deep friendship (hope they mean that and not one of them pretending to be a friend) I almost have guessed the plot. Now, I wonder... They did a good job making the mystery work.:lol:

I'm really not good in writing..so, i can't reply much. 

But keep on sharing your thoughts.. it is fun to read ^^

Maybe they will fully promote the drama in mid of this month?

They probably have to get all things organized first such as confirmation of KSY's agency (after she signed with Jwide, then only the agency able to liaise with the production company and also able to promote her for this drama). The script reading session (Ep 1 & 2 on 31st March) and also they have to shoot for a drama poster. 

4 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

I'm really not good in writing..so, i can't reply much. 

But keep on sharing your thoughts.. it is fun to read ^^

Maybe they will fully promote the drama in mid of this month?

They probably have to get all things organized first such as confirmation of KSY's agency (after she signed with Jwide, then only the agency able to liaise with the production company and also able to promote her for this drama). The script reading session (Ep 1 & 2 on 31st March) and also they have to shoot for a drama poster. 

I think you are doing fine writing. I am not good at English but I am sure others forgive my mistakes. They know what I wanted to say. :) Please share your thoughts too. It is not fun talking to myself. :lol:

I am curious if Soyeon was at the script reading. I think she was but they officially announced her long after that day. It is a little strange situation. Her old agency announced that she receive the offer. She agreed with the production team to take the role but she did not had an agency to negotiate the contract. She prepared for the role but after Jwide  has finalized the contract there was an official confirmation.

They will promote this month. Hope they will announce Kim Tae Woo (who is with J Wide Company too), and other supporting cast. They had the first script readings and they will release the pictures. It is good that they start filming. The broadcast airing is coming soon. In the meantime, they will shoot the poster. They are busy.

5 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

Actress Song Yoona already started the filming.

Interesting picture. I see that she is wearing a doctor suit. Maybe it is a scene from the past. If they will show these scenes, I wonder if they the mystery is linkled with the past. Let see if Lisa Kim connects with that past as well. 

A little more information about Kim SoYeon`s character, Lisa Kim.

http://news20.busan.com/controller/newsController.jsp?newsId=20180409000104

Kim So Yeon confirmed starring in SBS's "Secret Mother"
In the drama, Kim So Yeon plays Lisa Kim who is "Surrogate Mother for Entrance Examination". Lisa Kim gives a feeling of infinite trust with a sincere impression that comes from a calm and straight image. It is the envy of the mothers that anyone who tries her hand treads an elite course. What is more, it is fresh material that we have never seen before, and the actor Kim So-yeon stands at the center, and the expectation of Lisa Kim that she will show is getting higher.
'Secret Mother' is a Womance Mystery Thriller drama that depicts the story of a mysterious surrogate mother whom entering the home of a woman who has kept a secret about her child's death.
In particular, it is a work that is drawing attention as it features a new word "Surrogate Mother for Entrance Examination" which means "A surrogate mother who is responsible for other children's college admission based on the experience of enrolling them in a prestigious school." ⠀⠀⠀⠀
Meanwhile, "Secret Mother" is going to broadcast for the first time in May following "Good Witch" (Translation sourse 
@wooyeonxoxo

Actor Kim Tae-woo confirmed his appearance as the main character of SBS New Weekend special drama 'Secret Mother'.

30000598674_700.jpg

He plays Han Jae-yola gentle man who has good interpersonal relationship with a good image that gives a favorable impression to anyone but when he meets the criminal, he turns 180 different. Han Jae Yol is  Kim Yoon-jin` husband ( Song Yoona) and a police officer, who was promoted quickly.

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009033045

http://news.mtn.co.kr/newscenter/news_viewer.mtn?gidx=2018041012585972173

Someone named Su Yeon Park uploaded a picture with Song Yoona after filming for Secret Mother.

Her comment:  Just finish shooting Secret Mother with Song Yoon A senior❤ I'm a big fan of songyoona for a long time, although there are not much scenes that we are shooting together, wish I can shoot with u again in the near future.

Translation songyoonamylove

I want to see more behind the scene pictures or stills from filming.

From the description of Kim Tae Woo`s character it looks like he will be a good guy. On the other hand, the brief description of Lisa Kim (Kim So yeon) as someone who "gives a feeling of infinite trust with a sincere impression that comes from a calm and straight image" could be either way. She is calm and very professional but she is suspicious or mysterious. We all know what all this mean in kdramas. A perfect image it is always not what it seams. I`m personally interested in this new term of "academic surrogate mother" and how this job will be portrayed in this drama. I know that Koreans put much effort to get their children to a good university. I understand that. But why not hire a private teacher to help them study? Why the need to control every aspect of the learning process? After the episode in Queen of Mystery 2 about such boarding schools, a spooky place came through my mind and I don`t think of something positive. I am curious how it will be in this drama.

Kim So Yeon, Song Yoon Ah, Song Jae Rim, And Kim Tae Woo Confirmed To Appear In New SBS Drama

Kim-So-Yeon-Song-Yoon-Ah-Song-Jae-Rim-Ki

The cast of upcoming SBS drama “Secret Mother” (working title) has been finalized!

Previously, Kim So Yeon, Song Yoon Ah, Song Jae Rim, and Kim Tae Woo had been in talks to appear in the drama, and all four of them have confirmed their appearance as of April 10.

The mystery-thriller drama revolves around a friendship that forms when a mysterious surrogate mother enters the house of a woman who has been hiding a secret about her child’s death.

Kim So Yeon will play Lisa Kim, a surrogate mother to children studying abroad in the United States and living in her homestay. Her character has a calm and upright image and is an icon of maternal passion and conviction.  She is the object of envy for mothers as any child who is taken care by her is guaranteed to walk the path of an elite. This will be her first drama after getting married to Lee Sang Woo last June and changing agencies from Namoo Actors to J Wide-Company.

Song Yoon Ah will take the role of a former doctor turned full-time housewife and mother named Kim Yoon Jin. Despite her elegant and sophisticated appearance, she is a sociable character who is able to befriend anyone. She is devoted to her family, especially to her son, in order to forget the guilt about the death of her daughter.

The actress commented, “I’m honored and happy to participate in a good production. I will do my best with the director, writer, staff, and my co-stars in order to create a good drama that will meet the viewers’ expectations.”

Song Jae Rim will be playing Ha Jung Hwan, a simple and honest homicide detective who acts first and thinks later. He is the only character who believes in Kim Yoon Jin’s doubts about her daughter’s death and helps her find the truth behind it. Song Jae Rim will also be starring in JTBC’s “Clean With Passion For Now” (literal title) in April.

Kim Tae Woo will take the role of Han Jae Yeol, the husband of Kim Yoon Jin and a police chief who graduated from the police academy with honors. Han Jae Yeol is a gentleman who makes a favorable impression on others with his kind eyes, but when he meets criminals, he changes completely. Kim Tae Woo is currently starring in “Mystery Queen 2.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/10/kim-yeon-song-yoon-ah-song-jae-rim-kim-tae-woo-confirmed-appear-new-sbs-drama/

On the 10th, SBS entertainment information program `One Night of TV Entertainment ', was broadcast an interview with actress Song Yoon-a, who shot her clothes brand pictures. Song Yoon-a, who still impressed with herbeauty on this day, was revealed to be shooting brightly in the rainy weather the SBS weekend drama "Secret Mother". 

Song Yoon - a says "I prefer clothes that are really comfortable when I do not have a shot" . Song's fashion also attracted attention. Song Yoon-a showed items such as linen jackets, dresses, and print blouses that were good to wear this summer. In addition, the question about the feeling of returning to the drama, she said that she will work hard and make a contribution to a good drama. 

89560187.1.png

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20180411/89560192/1

A Naver blogger  said that he/she was fortunate enough to see the scene of the drama shooting. It was the scene that we already had pictures form an outdoor scene between Song Yoona and another actress.

20180410_123353.jpg?type=w966

20180410_141348.jpg?type=w966

He blurred the faces of the actors, saying that the scene was not released yet and did not want to spoil the content the shooting. :lol:

There is a short video too.

https://blog.naver.com/miraerichest/221249814920

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim So-yeon and Kim Tae-woo Complete the Main Cast of "Secret Mother"

miniminiphoto961627.jpg By Vasia Orion on 2018/04/10 at 16:58 PST

2018/04/10 | 469 views | Permalink

photo964036.jpg

We have the final two casting confirmations for "Secret Mother", with Kim So-yeon and Kim Tae-woo having accepted their previously offered roles. Everyone looks suspicious, and plenty seem to have secrets, so join me in taking a swing at the hidden truths of this womance mystery thriller about a college admissions caretaker entering the home of a woman who holds the secret to her child's death.

Kim So-yeon plays Lisa Kim, the college admissions caretaker. She is known as a sincere person with a calm and refined demeanor, and she is hailed as an icon of maternal devotion and conviction for the students whose admission to foreign colleges she is in charge of. She is basically the kind everyone would swear by, and the kind they wholeheartedly trust.

Being the relentlessly suspicious person that I am, and given that this is a mystery series, the description of hardworking Lisa here seems all manner of shady to me. The image she projects is so very perfect, and all the talk of "maternal devotion" is a bit on the creepy side, considering she handles strangers for hire. Since this is a womance, I'm not assuming the worst for now, however.

On the other hand, hello, husband dearest! The information we have on Kim Tae-woo's character, Han Jae-yeol, is largely the same as previously released. He is an elite of the police force, and the youngest to climb through the ranks after graduating. He is liked by everyone due to his captivating demeanor and apparent kindness, and he has good interpersonal relationships, but he changes completely when facing criminals.

More https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-so-yeon-and-kim-tae-woo-complete-the-main-cast-of-secret-mother-117488.html

Another picture from filming.

The person who originally uploaded the picture commented "What`s happening to them"

Official poster? (a bit LQ)

IwxcPNH.jpg

Spoiler

Daum 

2czZrwB.jpg

Naver

Ub8CvgV.jpg

Spoiler

A fan update with KSY.

#I'm a KimSoYeon's fan starting today

Couldn't find the original source:

A mom of the child actress update a picture of her daughter with SYN. 

2 hours ago, dsgam95 said:

Hope Tomorrow we have first trailer or teaser release after good witch episodes air as we heard they alreay shoot for that on 11th as well as waiting for some script reading pics :lol:

Yeah, it is time for SBS to release some information about the drama. Other shows that will be broadcast in June or even July, released their first script reading already. They relase information about the supporting cas too. Hopefully we have some shooting pictures from fans otherwise we would not know for sure if this drama will air in May or not. :wink:

Welcome to Soompi and Secret Mother thread! :tongue:

3 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

Who knows? I saw the poster in Naver page but I don`t not for sure if it is an official poster.

I am curious who is the young boy in the pictures with Kim So Yeon. I thought Lisa Kim is taking care of teenagers, students who want to go to universities. But maybe she is really a nanny for children of all ages. :)

Other pictures from filming

Song Yoona

20180413_143939.jpg?type=w2

20180413_143624.jpg?type=w2

more https://blog.naver.com/formesy/221252209803

Hello! I wanted to join this thread along side with my dear friend @_sofie_ It's amazing you guys are already filling here with information about the drama!

I can't wait for this drama to air! I will do my best to post gifs and HQ pictures when drama starts airing!

Fighting everyone!

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, _sofie_ said:

3 hours ago, larus said:

Who knows? I saw the poster in Naver page but I don`t not for sure if it is an official poster.

I think that is the logo/temporary poster. For drama's like this they first upload a logo poster because drama poster shooting/editing is not done yet. Logo matches with the scripts so i think it's official temporary poster ~

21 hours ago, magicmione said:

I can't wait for this drama to air! I will do my best to post gifs and HQ pictures when drama starts airing!

Thanks. Looking forward to watch the gifs.

Another supporting actor is uploading a picture. I don`t know who he is. I think he will play a cop.I hope you continue, guys, that way we`ll know the whole cast by the time the drama will start.

Today, 15th April, it`s actor Kim Tae Woo`s birthday. Happy Bithday! Stay healthy!

(Google translation)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO #KIMTAEWOO
Kim Tae-woo Congratulations on the actor's birthday
# Full of laughter! # Full of happiness! # Full of fun! Have a day
-
Oh! Do you know that?
Kim Tae-woo actor is scheduled to shine in May with SBS new weekend drama # secret mother
Slender physique + Intelligent appearance = Elite police #
Expectations and interests are love
:heart:!

His management company, J Wide congratulated him and in the same time promoted him and his new drama, Secret Mother. Slender physique + Intelligent appearance = Elite police !!!:wub: I`ve been waiting for this since his cameo in OCN Black I can`t wait to see how the writer will develope his character. I`ll surely enjoy watching him. :tongue:

Archived