[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Hi @Ninky, are you saying you got the book from kinokuniya? And they deliver it online? I’m so excited now :lol:.

I did buy it on the australian online store. It is located in Sydney but I had to get it delivered as I live in Melbourne. This store can also be found in many asian countries. Though I checked online, I think it's now out of print, no stock atm. You might get lucky if you are in other countries with the store.

Singapore  store has more variety. They also have the latest edition of the Pillow Book and the comic books for the entire TMOPB story. Try ebay as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I did buy it on the australian online store. It is located in Sydney but I had to get it delivered as I live in Melbourne. This store can also be found in many asian countries.

I live in Sydney so the location is just perfect for me. Whereabout it is? 
I tried to search “tangqi” on kinokuniya site can came out with nothing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I live in Sydney so the location is just perfect for me. Whereabout it is? 
I tried to search “tangqi” on kinokuniya site can came out with nothing. 

You have to search with chinese text unfortunately which I can do on both phone and ipad but not on my pc.

I searched on the store for you, it's out of stock. I can't find it on the singapore store either. Likely out of print as I got it some years back. Try ebay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Im back! Lol not really ive just been silently following the forum without commenting. It took me a long time to get over Eternal love of dream but now I've moved my obsession to Lotus step and Bodhi fate.

I really recommend everyone to try reading the google translated ver of lotus step. Some things I didnt get but some things i did. So far I didnt realise how emotionally detached lian song is before he meets cheng yu. I feel the rest of the movies and books portray him as this carefree playful guy but after reading him its like hes a completely different person. Also, spoilers but cheng yu is definitely not some side character, her character is/was/will be a ancient powerful god who is most likely related to Donghua as a sister. Which is funny especially with all these god daughter in law jokes coming up in pillow book. 

Also, loved the shao wan references in the lotus step. You can feel the strong relationship between her and past chengyu. I feel shao wans character is not as hot headed as we think she is from the first chapter in BF. We later learn it was her idea and initiative to save the mortals at the gate and willingly and knowingly sacrificed herself for them. What a sweetheart. Of course, past chengyu couldnt let her friend take it on herself and with her psychic powers predicted that this is shaowans calamity and it was inevitable for to feather this way. I found it very interesting during this dream/flashback moyuan is mentioned alot, where CY basically says to SW that there is no way moyuan would let her go and how SW should think of how moyuan would take this and SW basically says he should deal with it because this is her fate.

SW and MY definitely have some deeprooted connections together. I think just from the way tang qi describes thdir relationship in a nostalgic/one true love/ longing way . In TMOPB, alot people misunderstood in the novel moyuans reaction to BQ and YH as being jealous or missing his chance but he clearly sees them a similarity in them like him and SW. The part where SW's brother visits MY to tell him that he dreamt of SW crying and MY reaction when he gets told that like him, SW can probably resurrect says A LOT of how he felt. Even the most clueless person in love BQ could recognize his reaction was probably because of a "heartbreak".

This is getting super juicy, i feel like lotus step is going super deep with this story. The blossoming romance between CY and LS is beautiful but so bittersweet because of CY being a mortal(for now) and LS trying to resist the temptation as he is a god and will never be able to realistically marry someone who would die in a couple of years. I cant wait for the next volume!!

Hi.. welcome back .. it's been awhile..by the way how is your lovely parents .. Dongfeng?:D

I'm sure Lotus Step is a great story since the Author is TQ..I can't wait for the proper translations tho..

Just like @SilverDawn said...inducing headache when read it with Google Auto translated.

So I will wait patiently for our Amazing Teams to do the translations.

I think I remember one lines by Google Auto translated.. something like..

"Shinhanlua the tallest building in Beijing"

and I was thinking .."wow apparently Beijing already exists in ancient times era"

PS: I'm guite please with my forbearance .. ELOD's drama( it took Two yrs to aired) and This Forum( practically I lives here):lol: teach me about great patience and training on how to endured the misery yet excitedly in order to wait for something good.:D

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

The reveal towards the close of chapter 24 is a shocker. I finished reading all the Chinese chapters so now i am prepared to keep translating along with our other translators weeeeee!!!

Try to hold onto spoilers for now!!!

After roughly read LS...I thought I read something about Red Lotus ..CY primordial spirit?

PS: I am already excited :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

XY grew up lacking mother's love, That's why Feng Jiu felt sorry for him and mothered him a lot out of kindness. 

Xiao Yan fights better than Nie Chu Yin although they are about the same age. Let's not forget that now know that his teacher was Xie Hua Lou who isn't a bad martial artist herself. She is the white Lord of the Underworld.

It is clearer in the Chinese Version how Feng Jiu really felt about xiao yan.

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

Love FJ and YCW friendships.. they're like a twin siblings..

Did Zi Lan ( TMOPB'S Kunlun's disciple) really YCW's twin brother?.

PB1 page 252/253 (Xiao Yan pov) I amused by these part of YCW.

As for Donghua and Fengjiu – the first time he met her, he had thought she
was Donghua's lover, but he paid little attention to her outer beauty then.
Afterward when he had noticed her beauty and found out she was the
queen of Qingqiu and that she had no relation to Donghua, he hadn't given much thought whether they were compatible or not. Now in hindsight,
they did look well-matched when they were together. This was a
delightful discovery to him.

A frigid wind passed by. Xiao Yan suddenly remembered he had been
bad-mouthing Donghua all this time in front of Fengjiu. He thought and
thought of ways to change Donghua's image in Fengjiu's eyes. He sat until
morning when he eventually caught pneumonia, but still couldn't think of
anything.
The next morning, Fengjiu came to find him on her own to ask
for his help on how to deal with Donghua. Lying splayed on his sickbed
with runny snots, Yan Chiwu thanked the heavens.

• LOL 4

38 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

"Shinhanlua the tallest building in Beijing"

and I was thinking .."wow apparently Beijing already exists in ancient times era"

As far as history says, Beijing (Peking) is one of the ancient cities of China, and was once an area of cradle of civilization. :) Mortal Arc of Lotus Steps would touch imperial royalties and their traditions/activities during that period. 

What LS does in mortal realm will show he's truly half-raised by DH. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Brave! I tried 2 chapters and it was headache inducing. :lol: I'm seriously considering giving it another go though. From what I heard so far it's very promising! TQ will keep us hooked for several more years.

would you tell me where to find the book ? thanks before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

This was from the special edition pictorial book I have. You can buy a copy of this large format book in Books Kinokuniya. I got mine from the sydney online store and got it delivered. If anyone is in Australia.

There is a special edition pillow book picture book?!!!

cool! I already have the pillow book picture book, but I didn’t know there was a special edition...I hope it is still available after COVID... what is it called in Chinese plz?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Did Zi Lan ( TMOPB'S Kunlun's disciple) really YCW's twin brother?.

Hahaha yes Zi Lan (16th disciple) is YCW's older twin :joy:

YCW is too cute, without him FJ's life in Fanyin Valley would have been pure boredom.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, chsaf said:

YCW is too cute, without him FJ's life in Fanyin Valley would have been pure boredom.

Especially since Jiheng preferred to ignore him. Thankfully he has a good Friend in Meng Shao

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As far as history says, Beijing (Peking) is one of the ancient cities of China, and was once an area of cradle of civilization. :) Mortal Arc of Lotus Steps would touch imperial royalties and their traditions/activities during that period. 

What LS does in mortal realm will show he's truly half-raised by DH. 

Beijing was a Ming Chinese capital. It was the Han Chinese Ming emperors that built the Purple Forbidden City. This was later taken over by the tartar Manchurians when they invaded and took over China is 1644. They forced males to shave half their heads and wear a queue as a hairdo as a symbol of their enslavement (history isn’t pretty for China). Han Chinese men do not cut their hair and wear it in a top knot as a sign of filial piety. 

Han Chinese also wear their clothes the way the people in tmopb/elod dramas wear them, cross over garments. The mandarin collar was introduced by the Manchus.

The ancient capitals are literally located right in the middle of China (hence its old reference name 中原 Zhong Yuan, meaning “middle country”) around the Yangtze Basin.

Xi-an, old name Chang-an, was the capital of Chinese civilisation at its peak during the Great Tang Dynasty.  

During the ancient Qin era, the capital was in Xian Yang. So the capital has moved about a few times in the course of 3,000 years more or less.

Lotus Step mortal arc is set in the Great Xi Dynasty, which is fictional but would be similar to the warring states era before the Qin King united China.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, chsaf said:

So.. it's true then.

Yes , YCW is cute..I always entertained by the way he walk ..so funny.

The way he held his brush like he is holding a spear :D in episode 28 on mark 31:28 - 32:41( this scene is when he helps FJ to make a copy of the books to presented it to their teacher Master Ji Han?)

• LOL 2

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

So.. it's true then.

Yes , YCW is cute..I always entertained by the way he walk ..so funny.

The way he held his brush like he is holding a spear :D in episode 28 on mark 31:28 - 32:41( this scene is when he helps FJ to make a copy of the books to presented it to their teacher Master Ji Han?)

In the show only though. Zi lan did not exist in tmopb book. It was a made up character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

There is a special edition pillow book picture book?!!!

cool! I already have the pillow book picture book, but I didn’t know there was a special edition...I hope it is still available after COVID... what is it called in Chinese plz?

It looks like this:

BIG Book in the far right.

LAJRRMu.jpg

Unfortunately I searched for it in kinokuniya sg and au stores, none available atm. @Megan you probably have it? The orange one was TMOPB picture book. The purple on white one is PB

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It looks like this:

LAJRRMu.jpg

Unfortunately I searched for it in kinokuniya sg and au stores, none available atm.

I already have that big book on the far right. But what makes it special edition (Aka, different from the other big picture books?)

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

I already have that big book on the far right. But what makes it special edition (Aka, different from the other big picture books?)

The one we have is special ed. The rest are the actual books and those are not special eds

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It looks like this:

LAJRRMu.jpg

Unfortunately I searched for it in kinokuniya sg and au stores, none available atm. @Megan you probably have it? The orange one was TMOPB picture book. The purple on white one is PB

It’s a shame, can’t find anything or ebay, marketplace or gumtree. Lol. 
Is the book coming with a cd too?