[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks @Ninky :)

The direct translation is quite fine actually. Hmm, if I knew Mandarin, I will translate it as you've mentioned, or something like, "Having to live with your father reminds me everyday of whom I have lost and what could have been. Aranya, I am still breathing, but I have lost my life long time ago."

It wouldn’t be this mild. In fact she said “living on is no better than being dead” or the other 2 ways I have already translated it as.  In chinese its “生不如死”。

She was being honest because she had already willed Aranya’s death. It did not matter if Aranya knew the truth at that point in time.

Xiang Li Que reaped what he sowed by murdering his own blood brother. He died as he also paid the ultimate price. But Xiang Li He, Xiang Li Aranya and his youngest daughter all suffered from his bad karma.

Even Qing Hua herself paid a heavy price for what she had done. So what goes around will come around!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, in the BOOK (not the drama) in the bathtub scene, do you think Dong Hua would have let Feng Jiu be with Chen Ye? He was described as tired and let Feng Jiu go.

He was also contemplating killing Shen Ye in the book when he was in the tub. The book scene is more risque as well. She was wearing thinner clothes to sleep as it was quite warm. 

So when she fell in, her clothes became see through and she was sitting on his lap inside the tub. You can feel the sexual tension quite acutely in the book. :naughty:

The important thing about this scene is she openly admitted to liking him and no one else. 

So unsurprisingly, he staked his claim on her that very night! Headache BEGONE!!!! 

He does things with precision and speed. Right after they got back to nine heavens he quickly registered their marriage with Nu Wa leaving no room for anyone else to stake a claim.  Tsk tsk!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

56 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It wouldn’t be this mild. In fact she said “living on is no better than being dead” or the other 2 ways I have already translated it as.  In chinese its “生不如死”。

She was being honest because she had already willed Aranya’s death. It did not matter if Aranya knew the truth at that point in time.

Xiang Li Que reaped what he sowed by murdering his own blood brother. He died as he also paid the ultimate price. But Xiang Li He, Xiang Li Aranya and his youngest daughter all suffered from his bad karma.

Even Qing Hua herself paid a heavy price for what she had done. So what goes around will come around!

I remember Reba mentioning that the prison scene of Aranya and Qing Hua was heartbreaking for her. Sadly it didn't make the final cut. IMO, it could have been one of the immortalised ELOD scenes due to the dialogue, if it's the same or similar to the original text.

One man's desire to have what his brother have has led to ruining an entire family. It's always sad to see karma at work when the innocents pay.

I kind of feel bad too for Aranya's loyal servants. It's not mentioned in the book, but it's likely that they've lost their lives either when it was found out that she was rescued from prison, or after her death was confirmed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 1

42 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He does things with precision and speed. Right after they got back to nine heavens he quickly registered their marriage with Nu Wa leaving no room for anyone else to stake a claim.  Tsk tsk!

He witnessed himself how appealing wifey is. Meng Shao for example didn't even see her face in the book when he sat with her in the palanquin, yet he loved her for decades. He heard that Cangyi commissioned FJ's portrait even if she destroyed his palace. 

Then there's XY with whom he had plenty of jealous streaks even if he wasn't into FJ. :joy:

There's really no other way to "calm" him but to marry her right here and then!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

55 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I remember Reba mentioning that the prison scene of Aranya and Qing Hua was heartbreaking for her. Sadly it didn't make the final cut. IMO, it could have been one of the immortalised ELOD scenes due to the dialogue, if it's the same or similar to the original text.

One man's desire to have what his brother have has led to ruining an entire family. It's always sad to see karma at work when the innocents pay.

I kind of feel bad too for Aranya's loyal servants. It's not mentioned in the book, but it's likely that they've lost their lives either when it was found out that she was rescued from prison, or after her death was confirmed.

That is why ENVY is so poisonous. See how it could poison the entire family, causing chaos? Jealousy and envy are two separate things. Envy is truly a root of many evils. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He witnessed himself how appealing wifey is. Meng Shao for example didn't even see her face in the book when he sat with her in the palanquin, yet he loved her for decades. He heard that Cangyi commissioned FJ's portrait even if she destroyed his palace. 

Then there's XY with whom he had plenty of jealous streaks even if he wasn't into FJ. :joy:

There's really no other way to "calm" him but to marry her right here and then!

And he is actually taking responsibility for his actions anyway as they already had ahem relations haha. :naughty: .

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

And he is actually taking responsibility for his actions anyway as they already had ahem relations haha. :naughty: .

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

Yep, he has to make it official since in essence she is his, and he made her his. :naughty:

Can't resist to mock DH a little on how hasty he was in registering his marriage to FJ. :lol: In the adaptation Ep27, he was so amused, yet his face changed after he said to sleeping FJ that no wonder Bai Yi is anxiously looking for a good man to be her husband. His smile disappeared as he stared at her forehead. He disliked that thought of FJ married to her family's choice. He doesn't know it yet but for the first time in forever, our weirdo grandpa is jealous! :joy: 

...He bent down to see her dozing away on the white crystal table and couldn’t help but chuckle. How could she be cast under her own magic without knowing a thing? She was probably the only one in the entire world. Who could blame her father Bai Yi for doing everything he could to find her a capable husband.(PB1, p87)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

That is why ENVY is so poisonous. See how it could poison the entire family, causing chaos? Jealousy and envy are two separate things. Envy is truly a root of many evils. 

In real life itself, we can see that happening. Actually, a little envy is fine if it motivates to improve yourself or do better. But when it's too much and out of control, disaster is waiting around the corner. Envy isn't called a capital sin for nothing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yep, he has to make it official since in essence she is his, and he made her his. :naughty:

Can't resist to mock DH a little on how hasty he was in registering his marriage to FJ. :lol: In the adaptation Ep27, he was so amused, yet his face changed after he said to sleeping FJ that no wonder Bai Yi is anxiously looking for a good man to be her husband. His smile disappeared as he stared at her forehead. He disliked that thought of FJ married to her family's choice. He doesn't know it yet but for the first time in forever, our weirdo grandpa is jealous! :joy: 

...He bent down to see her dozing away on the white crystal table and couldn’t help but chuckle. How could she be cast under her own magic without knowing a thing? She was probably the only one in the entire world. Who could blame her father Bai Yi for doing everything he could to find her a capable husband.(PB1, p87)

As fate would have it, said husband is the man himself hahahaha. That tickles

me a lot till this day! :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

As fate would have it, said husband is the man himself hahahaha. That tickles

me a lot till this day! :blush:

Heaven's "joke" on him. :blush:

But gah, so delicate really the fate they had, as the very next day, FJ with XY was trapped in Fanyin Valley. DH had to wait half a year before seeing her again.

Though he gave her the Tiancang cave to keep her safe, for 6mo he was also likely torturing himself of thoughts on whether there are more admirers to contend with. Maybe even wonder if the books about FJ got all the details about her. :lol:

This was just the "interesting" stage. :joy:

So apart from the gossip that reached the valley, the soonest that he could, DH planted more ideas to Fuzi that he and FJ Jiuge are an item. :naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

But gah, so delicate really the fate they had, as the very next day, FJ with XY was trapped in Fanyin Valley. DH had to wait half a year before seeing her again.

Though he gave her the Tiancang cave to keep her safe, he's also likely torturing himself of thoughts on whether there are more admirers to contend with. :lol: So apart from the gossip that reached the valley, the soonest that he could, he planted more ideas to Fuzi that he and FJ Jiuge are an item. :naughty:

I love how he implied "it" to Fuzi. You can see Fuzi's startled yet amazed facial expression :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Omigosh this chibi drawing of the little fam is soooo cute :love:Donghua seems to be a master of everything including sewing and doing hair.

PS I don't remember if this picture has been posted before XD

• Like 2
  • Love 5

28 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Omigosh this chibi drawing of the little fam is soooo cute :love:Donghua seems to be a master of everything including sewing and doing hair.

PS I don't remember if this picture has been posted before XD

Aww, so cute! I think that's the Twitter user who's creating these cutie chibies! :love: 

She...is exhausted. So he has to do it for her. Hahaha! :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

She heard her master answered earnestly but equally vaguely: “Oh, there's really nothing between Xize and I. You needn't test me. Perhaps he left because he felt he had disturbed our enjoyment of tea and scenery. Or do you think having more people would liven the mood? If you prefer something livelier, I can call him to come back.”
Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.

What do you think Dong Hua’s reaction was to Feng Jiu’s declaration. This is kind of vague

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Though he gave her the Tiancang cave to keep her safe...

I always wondered, how come the Tiancang cage didn't work in Aranya's dream? Is is because they are in a dream or that DH lost 90% of his cultivation?

6 hours ago, Megan said:

She heard her master answered earnestly but equally vaguely: “Oh, there's really nothing between Xize and I. You needn't test me. Perhaps he left because he felt he had disturbed our enjoyment of tea and scenery. Or do you think having more people would liven the mood? If you prefer something livelier, I can call him to come back.”
Chacha saw His Lordship's back slightly pause and felt in that moment he was going to erupt. But in just a flash, he had disappeared from their sight.

What do you think Dong Hua’s reaction was to Feng Jiu’s declaration. This is kind of vague

DH was trying to keep calm.

I imagine he was hurt and sad, hearing FJ downplay their relationship, even though he put in so much effort. DH was also angry and jealous. He probably wanted to confront FJ and kill SY at the same time. Instead, he kept it together and left to think things through.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I always wondered, how come the Tiancang cage didn't work in Aranya's dream? Is is because they are in a dream or that DH lost 90% of his cultivation?

I think so, yes, they have to abide with the rules to enter the dream, then there's also DH's reduced cultivation. They've to be almost like mortals. The Tiancang cave also doesn't simultaneously follow FJ as she moves. It couldn't follow her fast enough that's why she was trapped.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2020 at 4:36 AM, Ninky said:

We all know in the 3L3W universe Xiao

Yan never got together with Ji Heng. So Ji Heng will be so sad and lonely. Anyway that’s the karma she earned so it is what she deserved.

Xiao Yan will go with someone who deserves him ie Hua Lou :). Those two siblings are lonely in the netherworld. They need company :).

I read somewhere that the siblings take turn to sleep and look after the netherworld. Does that mean their future spouse will go through years of separations, while they are in deep sleep?