[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 hours ago, triplesung said:

Fengjiu was recovering in Bihai Cangling. BGG was also brought there to be with his mom. But during the epilogue (which was not in the books), it seemed that it was BGG's first time in Bihai Cangling. Or did I miss something?

In the drama, the location of recovery was changed to Holy Blue Sea.

However, In the book, Xie Gu Chou took him to Nine Heavens, back to Tai Chen Palace to return him to his father, since mommy dearest is out of commission. That's why he left the boy inside the door and left. He wanted this to be really private between Father and Son.

So the entire Ideal Father outtake (this is not an epilogue but an outtake) was set in Tai Chen Palace. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Anyone know where to see it?

This is a mistake I believe. No international version thus far has been 60 episodes. Viki for the longest time showed it as 60 before amending it to 56. So  no uncut version yet.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Looks like they're returning to Bihai Cangling in that boat ride. BGG said DH's home is more beautiful than Jiuchongtian, so there's comparison? Maybe the family went and stayed for sometime in Qing Qiu then Jiuchongtian after FJ woke up and recovered in Bihai Cangling.

I replied about this. But I would like to reiterate something. In the book, the epilogue that has Lian Song, Si Ming, Cheng Yu, Zhe Yan and Xiao Yan together happened in Tai Chen Palace. Xie Gu Chou in fact brought the boy back to Tai Chen Palace to meet his father for the first time. 

According to Tang Qi FAQs, after she woke up, their primary residence is Tai Chen where they will stay at least 4-5 months in a year (as she likes to be near Bai Qian who lives in Xi Wu palace), and will spend at least 3-4 months in Qing Qiu and the remainder of the year at the Holy Blue Sea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Totally agree with you! Please note  I don't hate JH. I even feel sorry for her at times. However, I can't turn a blind eye to JH's actions.

It's easy to say JH is part of fate to test DH and FJ, I accept that is the storyline. But reality is, JH took no ownership of her behaviour and how her actions caused so many negative consequences to others.

I do belive in fate and karma, so I believe we all need to be responsible and realise we have some control over our own future.

Just like all other people, she did pay a price for her actions. She is never to step foot outside the southern realm for the rest of her lifetime and this is forever, they live indefinitely. And when Shao Wan wakes, she is never going to let her live it down either. Don't forget she and Dong Hua were BFFs.

And I really would NOT get into Shao Wan's bad books.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

(in the book, she told Aranya that Xiang Li Que left her in a fate worse than death when she was forced to marry Xiang Li Que to ensure the blood of Xiang Li Yin will take the throne).

Hmm, I don't think I remember reading this part in the translated version. Though there's a part like this in the prison that she tells Aranya:

She gave her a glance and continued: “Did you just lament your father's sentimentalism and ultimate defeat by the word 'love'? Your father was frighteningly treacherous. I had rather die than live, but the only thing I could do was sticking by his side. But what about you? While you are intelligent, you are far inferior to your father in these matters. Chen Ye was merely trifling with you, but he had made you think it was true love and brought you down to this wretchedness. Isn't this also losing to the word 'love'?” (PB2, pp286-287)

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

In buddhism, there is the "yin" (the reason for things) and the guo (the eventuality that happens due to the initial reason). Or in an easy to understand term - karma. 

In the end though, it was karma that got Xiang Li Que killed. He planted that seed so he will pay as a consequence.

True that. I'd also like to point out that karma striking back doesn't necessarily have to happen to the same person, but will affect that person. In case of Xiangli Que, his children paid the price as it's still Junou who succeeded him.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually it was really a true accident in the book. She fell right on top of Dong Hua in the book and felt something soft against her lips and just bit down, oops. 

It would have been more hilarious if that scene was the same as the book. Ali was really dismayed, hahaha! LS would have had to chase after Ali running and crying off that he's not yet ready to be an uncle. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just like all other people, she did pay a price for her actions. She is never to step foot outside the southern realm for the rest of her lifetime and this is forever, they live indefinitely. And when Shao Wan wakes, she is never going to let her live it down either. Don't forget she and Dong Hua were BFFs.

And I really would NOT get into Shao Wan's bad books.

For some reason I can picture Shao Wan telling Ji Heng to drop Xiao Yan because he's Xie Hua Lou's. :sweatingbullets: SW is frank enough to admit submitting to BFF's fists, so she mincing words will be like DH's "What's that? Never heard of it."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Lady.Nimue said:

Hey guys! It's been a while since I watched the series and my brother is watching it currently. He's currently in the mortal realm arc and he's loving the General so far. ahahahahaah

Ye Qingti? He's one of the favourite ELOD babies. :) Happy watching for your brother! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, in the BOOK (not the drama) in the bathtub scene, do you think Dong Hua would have let Feng Jiu be with Chen Ye? He was described as tired and let Feng Jiu go.

Probably but he might still stalk her and talk her out of that relationship :joy:

• LOL 2

46 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, in the BOOK (not the drama) in the bathtub scene, do you think Dong Hua would have let Feng Jiu be with Chen Ye? He was described as tired and let Feng Jiu go.

He might say he's letting go, but he's Xi Ze there and she's his wife in Aranya's dream. :lol: DH being DH, he'll take any chances that he can turn to his advantages to keep FJ. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

Probably but he might still stalk her and talk her out of that relationship :joy:

Take the easy way out: turn Shen Ye into a handkerchief and keep with him until she forgets who's Shen Ye. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I don't think I remember reading this part in the translated version. Though there's a part like this in the prison that she tells Aranya:

She gave her a glance and continued: “Did you just lament your father's sentimentalism and ultimate defeat by the word 'love'? Your father was frighteningly treacherous. I had rather die than live, but the only thing I could do was sticking by his side. But what about you? While you are intelligent, you are far inferior to your father in these matters. Chen Ye was merely trifling with you, but he had made you think it was true love and brought you down to this wretchedness. Isn't this also losing to the word 'love'?” (PB2, pp286-287)

True that. I'd also like to point out that karma striking back doesn't necessarily have to happen to the same person, but will affect that person. In case of Xiangli Que, his children paid the price as it's still Junou who succeeded him.

In the chinese version, Qing Hua did say to Aranya that Xiang Li Que made her feel like “she is dead while she is still living” (thats a direct translation) but to put it into english context, it means she felt that she is suffering from a fate worse than death. 

This is why I always say chinese to english translation is not easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

My honest opinion was Dong Hua would rather kill Shen Ye than let Feng Jiu go.

So the answer to your question is no, he will not give her up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

For some reason I can picture Shao Wan telling Ji Heng to drop Xiao Yan because he's Xie Hua Lou's. :sweatingbullets: SW is frank enough to admit submitting to BFF's fists, so she mincing words will be like DH's "What's that? Never heard of it."

We all know in the 3L3W universe Xiao

Yan never got together with Ji Heng. So Ji Heng will be so sad and lonely. Anyway that’s the karma she earned so it is what she deserved.

Xiao Yan will go with someone who deserves him ie Hua Lou :). Those two siblings are lonely in the netherworld. They need company :).

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

37 minutes ago, Ninky said:

In the chinese version, Qing Hua did say to Aranya that Xiang Li Que made her feel like “she is dead while she is still living” (thats a direct translation) but to put it into english context, it means she felt that she is suffering from a fate worse than death. 

This is why I always say chinese to english translation is not easy.

Thanks @Ninky :)

The direct translation is quite fine actually. Hmm, if I knew Mandarin, I will translate it as you've mentioned, or something like, "Having to live with your father reminds me everyday of whom I have lost and what could have been. Aranya, I am still breathing, but I have lost my life long time ago."

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

We all know in the 3L3W universe Xiao

Yan never got together with Ji Heng. So Ji Heng will be so sad and lonely. Anyway that’s the karma she earned so it is what she deserved.

Xiao Yan will go with someone who deserves him ie Hua Lou :). Those two siblings are lonely in the netherworld. They need company :).

Xie Guchou will have a permanent verbal sparring partner. :lol: Or they'll get along  well later on, since they've FJ as common friend.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

My honest opinion was Dong Hua would rather kill Shen Ye than let Feng Jiu go.

So the answer to your question is no, he will not give her up.

DH did say he will never let her go after knowing what FJ did for him.

We can definitely say, anybody who goes in between himself and FJ will disappear into nothingness

• Like 3
  • LOL 2