[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Fengjiu was recovering in Bihai Cangling. BGG was also brought there to be with his mom. But during the epilogue (which was not in the books), it seemed that it was BGG's first time in Bihai Cangling. Or did I miss something?

Looks like they're returning to Bihai Cangling in that boat ride. BGG said DH's home is more beautiful than Jiuchongtian, so there's comparison? Maybe the family went and stayed for sometime in Qing Qiu then Jiuchongtian after FJ woke up and recovered in Bihai Cangling.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

@MayanEcho

Sorry bout that. Just read your reply. 

Here's what it says:

So I heard that Fans from Thailand and Vietnam got to see the last 4 episodes of drama a month ago. Any updates about it? Will they do the same for other countries

Woah, ain't that nice for them? Maybe somebody from Thailand or Vietnam can confirm if they did, and where did they view it - app or YT. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Woah, ain't that nice for them? Maybe somebody from Thailand or Vietnam can confirm if they did, and where did they view it - app or YT. 

It will be awesome if we can see the lost 4 episodes. :wub:  Here I am being hopeful

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

PB1 page 101

Upon seeking for the cause, Donghua found out it was
because the Deity clan had practiced all five commandments: no killing, no
stealing, no lusting, no lying, and no drinking. Because of such praise-
worthy morals, Heaven was touched and watched over the Deity clan.
That was why Donghua decided to choose the deities over the demons and
determined to devote his life from then on to saving others.”

No wonder Bai Gun Gun failed his history test. The DHDJ he know, definitely does not obey practice all five commandments!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 5/24/2020 at 5:58 PM, Megan said:

I’m just rewatching episode 35 and I want to make some random comments.

Dong Hua tries to turn Xiao Bai against Xiao Yan by suggesting he was the cause of their imprisonment, but instead she was focusing on how Xiao Yan defeated Dong Hua TWICE!!! LOL

Dong Hua initially says he isn’t interested in Jiheng because of her young age but that doesn’t make sense because he likes a very, very young Feng Jiu.

finally, Feng Jiu insists she isn’t the one to make the first move when she directly pulled Dong Hua in for a kiss the moment she wakes up lol

random fact: while Feng Jiu is not an experienced kisser, she is the first one to initiate a biting kiss in their relationship. Only for some reason, Dong Hua wants her to apologize for that.

The age thing, that was way DH quickly stopped that comment, when he realised FJ is even younger.

Biting kiss? To be fair, FJ fell and accidentally kiss/bite DH. So she didn't really initiated that. Plus, FJ memory was jumbled and she didn't remember DH training her.

I was slightly confused about DH questioning FJ's apology. I wonder if it was because DH didn't want her to be sorry about the physical contact they shared, so he kinda pushed her to admit that she wasn't sorry?

I liked how FJ took charge and initiated their official first kiss, even though she thought it was a dream. This girl is a go getter!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/24/2020 at 5:24 AM, MayanEcho said:

Well, we can all look at things differently. Nor do I think it's your comment I've happened to see. :) You don't make comments online like you're spoiling for blood spill, do you? :phew:

The INTJ in me would always look at every sides and play the devil's advocate to see the whole picture. 

So though I understand that JH is the major litmus test for DH and FJ, the other side of me will still see some manners and behaviours that I would not expect from her previous stature and age. Just as YH was a weakling betrayer despite this good intentions for BQ, or DH too desensitised not to think of FJ's feelings for denying her her winnings.

They have their flaws, but it's also what they say, or don't say. Su Jin and Ji Heng deliberately and purposely lied to undermine BQ and FJ. Su Jin said BQ came between her and YH when she became the concubine of Tianjun. (lol, what?) JH told FJ she's talking to her to inform her she won't share the fruit, after FJ begged for the half. Both did their own shares of scheming, under the guise of appearing to be weak (As per BQ in TMOPB).

A contrast to YH, whose words were supposedly to deflect, or to DH on what he thought as justified. YH's fears made him too agreeable to whatever Tianjun and others asked or expected, until it ended blinding BQ. DH's jealousy of XY and lack of satisfactory and credible answers from FJ on why she wanted the Saha fruit led him to give it to JH when she asked for it as means to be treated. 

DH's platinum hair didn't need any elaborate styling. He's elegant as is. He even effortlessly won the white hair pageant. :lol:

Totally agree with you! Please note  I don't hate JH. I even feel sorry for her at times. However, I can't turn a blind eye to JH's actions.

It's easy to say JH is part of fate to test DH and FJ, I accept that is the storyline. But reality is, JH took no ownership of her behaviour and how her actions caused so many negative consequences to others.

I do belive in fate and karma, so I believe we all need to be responsible and realise we have some control over our own future.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I was slightly confused about DH questioning FJ's apology. I wonder if it was because DH didn't want her to be sorry about the physical contacy they shared, so he kinda pushed her to admit that she wasn't sorry?

That, or DH was confused/surprised how that kiss felt for him. His eyes went round! Guess it's the first time his lip was bleeding not because of fighting someone. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That, or DH was confused/surprised how that kiss felt for him. His eyes went round! Guess it's the first time his lip was bleeding not because of fighting someone. :P

DH experienced many first with FJ! That scene was hot! 

Thinking back, he really made the most of it and increased the physical contact, as soon as he found out FJ loves him. 

I wished they published the Pillow Book in English version. 

@Ninky you should consider being a official translator and do the book justice! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

No wonder Bai Gun Gun failed his history test. The DHDJ he know, definitely does not obey practice all five commandments!

BGG confused because of the reasons for sure..but BGG didn't awared that all five commandments was entitled to everyone except his lord Father. DH doesn't have to follow the rules because he has entered oneness a single mindedness, practically he was Emotionless Desireless Loveless before he met FJB)

Moreso BGG have to witnesses his parents always consistently smooches each other:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I was slightly confused about DH questioning FJ's apology. I wonder if it was because DH didn't want her to be sorry about the physical contacy they shared, so he kinda pushed her to admit that she wasn't sorry?

I think It's because FJ acts like DH is just a nobody(atm).. heaven/QQ girls are different from bold demon girls, Even if the former ones deliberately touched DH's pinky they'll act shy and apologize to him as if it was an accident, no matter how attracted they are towards DH they wouldn't dare to offend the sole (former) emperor of universe coz of their one sided obsession.. whereas FJ not only kissed him (accidentally) but also bit his lip till he bleed and was abt to walk away as if he's her Junior who shouldn't offend QQ princess BFJ for her mishap & should respectfully maintain silence like a good little boy :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

DH experienced many first with FJ!

That scene hot! 

Thinking back, he really made the most of it and increased the physical contact, as soon as he found out FJ loves him. 

I wished they published the Pillow Book in English version. 

@Ninky you should consider being a official translator and do the book justice! 

Hear, hear!

If TQ wants her work officially released in English, she should consider hiring translators who are not only her writing fans, but truly understands the nuances of what's being originally meant in Mandarin.

Because please, not Toland again. Still not over the awful and cold Toland's version of The Sky Kingdom(TMOPB). :tears: 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

BGG confused because of the reasons for sure..but BGG didn't awared that all five commandments was entitled to everyone except his lord Father. DH doesn't have to follow the rules because he has entered oneness a single mindedness, practically he was Emotionless Desireless Loveless before he met FJB)

Moreso BGG have to witnesses his parents always consistently smooches each other:D

So young and BGG is already learning the valuable lessons on history vs reality, and power dynamics! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Hear, hear!

If TQ wants her work officially released in English, she should consider hiring translators who are not only her writing fans, but truly understands the nuances of what's being originally meant in Mandarin.

Because please, not Toland again. Still not over the awful and cold Toland's version of The Sky Kingdom(TMOPB). :tears: 

I am itching to contribute to TQ's wealth. Sigh, hopefully one day they will publish it in English and keep the Chinese art work.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I am itching to give TQ money. Sigh, hopefully one day they will publish it in English and keep the Chinese art work.

Toland failed to express the true tragedy that Bai Qian went through, even though it was a trial she needed to pass to become a  High Goddess. This is the price she had to pay. People can help you take the first trial to become a high immortal as it mainly consists of three heavenly lightning strikes, but the one to become a high god is unpredictable and more grueling so the only way to go through it unscathed is to ensure you have enough cultivation to handle it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

So young and BGG is already learning the valuable lessons on history vs reality, and power dynamics! 

What Tang Qi is trying to express through her one-shots was precisely that. What is written down in history could differ to the reality of what really happened. 

Some of the stuff in those records are probably putting Dong Hua on a pedestal and exhaulting him a lot more than Di Jun realises.

That's why he said that last sentence to his son in that particular One- Shot.

So correcting misconception through educating the teacher for the sake of the next generation isn't exactly a bad thing either. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hate or not, Aranya is the embodiment of the Biyinao royal family's biggest secret and biggest scandal.

What a family. Xiangli Que murdered his brother Xiangli Yi, Junou's father, to take his throne. He married the widow of his brother, Qing Hua, while still pregnant with Junou. Their first child Aranya, a princess, was thrown at the snake pit, and reared by snakes. Xiangli He, the eldest son, was disregarded after his father married Qing Hua. Youngest Changdi who ended insane coveted Aranya's husband Xi Ze, while Junou who's engaged had an affair and got pregnant with her writing teacher. 

Then there's Shen Ye, the clan archmage, who took the three other seasons, because the one he loved died fighting the other tribe, in a battle manipulated by Qing Hua, so that exiled Junou can return and take the throne meant for Xiangli He or Aranya.

Actually the true seed of evil was planted by Xiang Li Que. By murdering his own brother he put that seed of evil down, which then grew in Qing Hua. The woman loved Xiangli Yin and was totally heartbroken when he died (in the book, she told Aranya that Xiang Li Que left her in a fate worse than death when she was forced to marry Xiang Li Que to ensure the blood of Xiang Li Yin will take the throne).

And in the end, her child, Aranya paid for it dearly with her life. After Ju Nuo became Queen, she realises her mother was out of control and ganged up with her husband to imprison her in the inner palace. About 20 years after she was imprisoned, she went crazy as her conscious did not spare her. The full impact of what she did to Aranya haunted her. All she could utter in the end was Aranya's name. 

In buddhism, there is the "yin" (the reason for things) and the guo (the eventuality that happens due to the initial reason). Or in an easy to understand term - karma. 

In the end though, it was karma that got Xiang Li Que killed. He planted that seed so he will pay as a consequence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

The age thing, that was way DH quickly stopped that comment, when he realised FJ is even younger.

Biting kiss? To be fair, FJ fell and accidentally kiss/bite DH. So she didn't really initiated that. Plus, FJ memory was jumbled and she didn't remember DH training her.

I was slightly confused about DH questioning FJ's apology. I wonder if it was because DH didn't want her to be sorry about the physical contact they shared, so he kinda pushed her to admit that she wasn't sorry?

I liked how FJ took charge and initiated their official first kiss, even though she thought it was a dream. This girl is a go getter!

Actually it was really a true accident in the book. She fell right on top of Dong Hua in the book and felt something soft against her lips and just bit down, oops. 

He questioned the apology as his dark humour was once again at play. Poisonous tongue/dark humour is part of the Dong Hua package and is an inescapable personality trait. If you read the one shots and even the Ideal Father outtake, this part of him is always there. 

For example in Ideal Father, when he told Gun Gun comparing swordfighting skills between him and his mother, he is heaven and she is bottom of the sea. 

Another example is the one where they were talking about how he help drag up Qing Qiu's status after Bai Qian dragged it down by marrying Ye Hua.

Some of the older one-shots has him frequently making fun of Feng Jiu even after they were married or dissing her. It's part of his appeal. As Lian Song has mentioned before, one doesn't mind beating, the other doesn't mind tolerating it. 

• LOL 5