[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Currently watching this:

https://mydramalist.com/31385-put-your-head-on-my-shoulder

I tried watching Under The Power but can't continue because of the male lead's dubbing.

Moved onto Wuxin 3 and can't get over the plot, Wuxin 1 is still the best. Finally settled with Put Your Head on My Shoulder.

Thank you! I will check it out :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Regarding her roles, I don't think anyone wants her in revenge and villain roles more than she herself does. Visit her interviews. She just doesn't get a say or choice. There's no smoke without a fire, and this is what her fans mean when they want her to leave the agency.

Regarding Chang Ge Xing

Spoiler

All the actors are victims of a stupid decision the production company made. There are people upset about the age gap because it doesn't fit the character profile, but the main problem is the fact that all cast members including the previous male lead ChuXiao (partook in auditions and script reading) were already having sword practice at the filming location, the current ML was never part of the production, but due to some contract termination issues with his agency, they cut off the male lead and called Wu Lei to "Take Over". This is the problem : there were no auditions or anything, poor boy didn't even get to pack properly. Now Reba fans feel everything is already going wrong this early, ChuXiao fans feel their fave lost a job unfairly, and poor Wu Lei probably has to read the script as they're shooting/practicing.

The production team really messed up and it makes one wonder what they'll do to such a beautiful story. I'm assuming they had no time to start a new audition but it's not a strong enough excuse and it's only normal that people are upset.

This is just what I observed, it isn't just a blind hate game going on.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Currently watching this:

https://mydramalist.com/31385-put-your-head-on-my-shoulder

I tried watching Under The Power but can't continue because of the male lead's dubbing.

Moved onto Wuxin 3 and can't get over the plot, Wuxin 1 is still the best. Finally settled with Put Your Head on My Shoulder.

I actually started with Under The Power before ELOD started and paused when it did lol. I'm now continuing it and trying other dramas while also rewatching ELoD. I try really hard not to compare but the male leads keep getting on my nerves- Dijun Syndrome :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Wu lei was born on 1999

chuxiao was born on 1994

why are the ML getting so young? Or is it because i’m old already? :sweat_smile: Can’t even have a crush on them without feeling like cradle snatcher. 

Thank god for vengo. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe the artist fan culture there is different. We can't also tell what her agency or management wants when it comes to her image and packaging. Still, Reba can't stay young forever nor she should be identified only in innocent or sweet roles. I haven't really checked all her other works, but I'd like to see her in a role similar to Gillian Anderson in X-files.

She’s quite badass in the king’s woman. I love her portrayal. Her performance is better than in ELOD. Chemistry with Vin Zhang is explosive

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

DH on cloud riding trip from Chang Sa to Shanghai 

I always find it creepy how the fans keep following and filming their idols when they are at the airport. I feel like they are invading the idols' personal space.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, They Sick said:

She’s quite badass in the king’s woman. I love her portrayal. Her performance is better than in ELOD. Chemistry with Vin Zhang is explosive

Thanks for the recommendation. I just might see this series as well. Meantime, back to books, and I might finally actually watch GOT. Hahaha. That, or Chernobyl. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Getting ready for Novoland Season 3? :joy:

(sorry, had to quote it)

This is one of DH's best still, IMO. For those who want to check this scene, it's in ep34. ;)

With your recommendation, I'd definitely watch Chernobyl. :)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

With your recommendation, I'd definitely watch Chernobyl. :)

I know the real story but nuclear physics has never been my strongest subject. In ep. 5 all is explained very well, however, so it filled the gaps. And also very good acting.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Spoiler

She's impressive in KW but the ending is terrible..i haven't finished watched it I stop at about two more remaining episode because not only she was miscarriage she also died..she Fu****g died in the hand of her lover.. i know the ending was gut wrenching (my mistake for read some of the fan's comment).. her chemistry with ZBB was really good ..but still I felt nothing compared to her chemistry with Vengo-IMHO- Dongfeng's staring at each other, delicately tenderly caressing each other is really amazingly special..but yea..KW's kissing scenes was kind of rough hot and quite forceful ..I catogarise it not "in love" type of love  but more to "in-lust" types of love.. I love Reba and ZBB performances in it..but i hate the storyline.. totally not a fan of Sad Ending.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

I know the real story but nuclear physics has never been my strongest subject. In ep. 5 all is explained very well, however, so it filled the gaps. And also very good acting.

Chernobyl is a textbook case. Anytime nuclear disaster is discussed, that incident will always be touched. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:
  Hide contents

..but still I felt nothing compared to her chemistry with Vengo-IMHO- Dongfeng's staring at each other, delicately tenderly caressing each other is really amazingly special...

totally not a fan of Sad Ending.

I agree! Their kisses in ELOD are tender but they give you the 'feels' :love:.  That's why I like ELOD.   Give me all the heartaches but still a happy ending. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:
  Hide contents

She's impressive in KW but the ending is terrible..i haven't finished watched it I stop at about two more remaining episode because not only she was miscarriage she also died..she Fu****g died in the hand of her lover.. i know the ending was gut wrenching (my mistake for read some of the fan's comment).. her chemistry with ZBB was really good ..but still I felt nothing compared to her chemistry with Vengo-IMHO- Dongfeng's staring at each other, delicately tenderly caressing each other is really amazingly special..but yea..KW's kissing scenes was kind of rough hot and quite forceful ..I catogarise it not "in love" type of love  but more to "in-lust" types of love.. I love Reba and ZBB performances in it..but i hate the storyline.. totally not a fan of Sad Ending.

Spoiler

Ouch, I don't like unhappy endings as well, especially the no way to be fixed anymore kind. Felt that way with Princess Agents series since it ended halfway the actual story. Thanks for the heads up :)

About V and R, it's their eyes and how they look at each other. Sometimes, there's no need for words, their eyes are enough.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

38 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:
  Hide contents

King’s woman is based on a book. She died in the book. No way around it. Besides anyone around Qin Wang won’t end well. Was still a good show even if it was not HE. Not all books have HE either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2