[Drama 2018] Switch: Change the World, 스위치 - 세상을 바꿔라

0ly40

7 hours ago, chatterbox22 said:

They get along really well from the start. True, he managed to trick her in museum but she was kinda prepared for his actions. She installed  a tracking device in his smartphone so that he couldn't escape if something happened. She is well aware of the fact that he is a con artist. But she also knows he is very smart. I really like their interactions. They are so natural. I am looking forward to tomorrow's episodes. Hope there will be lots of action. 

Same here I’m so excited for tomorrow and this is becoming one of my fav shows! I agree too that they both have great chemistry and it was from the start. What’s interesting is that as a con artist he always refused to pretend to be a prosecutor until HR. Now of course with the possibility of the baddie being involved in his dads death(? Refer to paragraph below) he will continue posing as prosecutor.

Omg so here’s the thing (just ad an epiphany as I was writing this out). Ive been wondering if the dad died (in DCs flashback as a kid when ‘grizzlie’ is hurting his dad). And we see an identical looking man complimenting Hrs mother. It’s easy to think that it’s always DCs dad, especially cause he always exhibits the con artist swag. But what if end DCs dads twin brother aka uncle and also the father of real prosecutor which is why they look alike?  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, armpitsupermaniac said:

I'm new to K-Dramas and Switch is only my 3rd Legal/Courtroom drama. Just one question based on an observation -

In many of these Legal Dramas, it always seems that if there is a female lead who is a lawyer/prosecutor, she is always styled in very mannish clothing - oversize man-tailored suites, plain hair styling cut either in a blunt bob or as here with Ha Ra, a very boy-ish short hairstyle.

Is this just a stereotype of working women in South Korea? It just strikes me a strange that you have these attractive female leads and then they are portrayed as very plain and serious, always dressing and styling to look less feminine.

have watched too many dramas and would say no. her short bob and mannish clothing is more a reflecting of current trends as well as her own personality. there have been lawyers in other dramas who were much more feminine in their dressing. that said, lawyers are portrayed as smart because it is tough to get in. they have to pass a national bar exam which can be tough to crack.

came to know about Lee Tai Young through another discussion thread in soompi ages back and would like to share about this incredible woman for those who don't know. the first woman lawyer and judge in Korea was Lee Tai Young and she was instrumental in establishing the family law system and certain key family law reform. she was a wife and mother of four when she was in law school and sat for the exam! she had her fourth child during the second year of law school.. it was her husband who encouraged her to apply and pursue her dream when seoul university first opened its doors to women. what is incredible is that for YEARS, she was literally the only woman in the legal system till more women started to study law.....

for reading: excerpt from book "encylopedia of women social reformers";

excerpt from book: women in the world's legal professions

a short version from a blog: https://coolchicksfromhistory.tumblr.com/post/143794947587/lee-tai-young-1914-1988-art-by-cathy-s

the google doodle: lee-tai-youngs-101st-birthday-4758285655

https://www.google.com/doodles/lee-tai-youngs-101st-birthday

to hear her voice, read the response section to receiving this award: http://rmaward.asia/awardees/lee-tai-young/

• Thanks 3

@AlexandraReid 

thanks for your post Jang Keun Suk photos from Dispatch. Dispatch often posts nice pics of Jang Keun Suk. :)

Two girls are reporters of SBS, they have a mission from the Editor giving snacks to Jang Keun Suk and Han Ye Ri

41322548232_40dc59f1ac.jpg

40470511915_3a6b7b0684.jpg

cre: naver

• Like 6

[News] Jang Keun Suk's new series debuts at No. 2 on weekly TV chart
SEOUL, April 11 (Yonhap) -- SBS' new Wednesday-Thursday TV series starring actor Jang Keun-suk made a strong debut at No. 2 on the weekly TV ratings chart, data showed Wednesday.

"Switch - Change the World," which premiered March 28 and promised to report social irregularities with dramatic twists, earned a score of 240.1 on the Content Power Index (CPI) for March 26-April 1.

A lot of attention was given to the drama as it is likely to be the last work by the actor, who is hugely popular in Asia, before he serves his mandatory military service. All able-bodied Korean men are required to serve in the military for about two years. Details of Jang's enrollment have yet to be determined.

fb659db45f777ce410a3ef1e284e132e.jpg

During a media event last month, the actor said he would try to show his best performance yet in the show.

"I feel a heavy responsibility for the series. ... Doing the double role is a new challenge for me. I will show my best performance so that people can naturally associate me with the two characters," he said.

Although the series' fast development and large scale is captivating, viewers say the role change is a recurring and all-too-familiar element in Korean dramas. And a loop or two seems to be missed in the story development as to why the crook Sa Do-chan, the spitting image of a prosecutor named Paik Jun-su who falls into a coma after an unknown person deliberately crashes a car into Sa, decides to take the job of the good guy.

1cb3e673730d0634d0db991a642396a1.jpg

Meanwhile, the top spot is taken by the last episode of MBC's variety show "Infinite Challenge," with 278.7. The 13-year-old show aired its finale March 31.

The index, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, trending on social media sites and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, was not included in the survey.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2018/04/11/0701000000AEN20180411002200315.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

@kata48 Thank you so much for the photos :D Jang Keun Suk looks great in that leather jacket. I wonder what Sa Do Chan is up to. 

I also look forward to see "Switch" tonight, so excited.

Sa Do Chan and Oh Ha ra will have next targets. 

I see many Korea News about "Switch" from yesterday to morning. Really no time to read all. :)

• Like 3