[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

Ohhhhhh...I love how they imply that Xiao Tan is pregnant in ep30. Just look at how suavely Cheng Cheng maneuvered and stop Xiao Tan from drinking and taking her into his embrace. And after that stopping her from drinking wine out of anger again by simply kissing her. That's really a pro and smooth move! I bet she did not even know that she's pregnant yet and he's been keeping the knowledge to himself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ellie Toh said:

Ohhhhhh...I love how they imply that Xiao Tan is pregnant. Just look at how suavely Cheng Cheng maneuvered and stop Xiao Tan from drinking and taking her into his embrace. And after that stopping her from drinking wine out of anger again by simply kissing her. That's really a pro and smooth move!

I really liked that scene too. And then how it moved right into the birth was great too. When 14th asked when she was going to give birth, I was expecting MLC to tell him to get out again lol. 

38 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

I really liked that scene too. And then how it moved right into the birth was great too. When 14th asked when she was going to give birth, I was expecting MLC to tell him to get out again lol. 

Seems that this Cheng Cheng does not lost his smooth touch. However, in comparison to before the merge, I feel that the Cheng Cheng now is much more sweet and endearing instead of seductive. The scene where he keep hugging her to soothe her temper and stop her from drinking is so very sweet.

Ps: I still want that rose tattoo! Dammit! Cheng Cheng, please get that tattoo and go topless for us. ^_^

3 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

I feel so sad for Mo Huai he never gets tan er he loves her so much 

Yes, he literally went crazy! Poor guy! I don't think he's inherently evil it's just because of love. I honestly don't care about Pan Er, I find no redeeming qualities about her because she still schemes about XT but I would be willing to watch if he has a new beginning with Tan Er.

I like it how Xiao Tan address herself as Mama instead of Royal Mother for Yu Er although she is now the Empress. I did not see Cheng Cheng address himself as Royal Father either. Does this mean Yu Er will call him Papa? I see 14th Prince still address him as 8th brother instead of Emperor.

31 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Yes, he literally went crazy! Poor guy! I don't think he's inherently evil it's just because of love. I honestly don't care about Pan Er, I find no redeeming qualities about her because she still schemes about XT but I would be willing to watch if he has a new beginning with Tan Er.

I want him to end up with Tan Er too. I hope he tries to suicide or something and then ended up in the modern world and meet the reborn Tan Er over there.

21 minutes ago, Ellie Toh said:

I like it how Xiao Tan address herself as Mama instead of Royal Mother for Yu Er although she is now the Empress. I did not see Cheng Cheng address himself as Royal Father either. Does this mean Yu Er will call him Papa? I see 14th Prince still address him as 8th brother instead of Emperor.

He seems to be a very modern emperor :) even XT still calls him Cheng Cheng. 

23 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

He seems to be a very modern emperor :) even XT still calls him Cheng Cheng. 

He's sweeter than ever now. If only he go and get the rose tattoo and gives a topless scene, now that would have been perfect. Whahaahaaa. Omg. I'm a goner. I think I have a rose tattoo fetish.

7 hours ago, monchoo said:

Season 2 has everyone improved in their acting. Especially MYH. He got me teary eyed for the scene him and the king and the last one when he gone mad. :bawling: Just wished the next script will give him a better ending.

In the original novel, I read from somewhere that XT found the way where she can travel back and forth future and past. Curious abt the S3 storyline.

And during the wedding night, XT asked for Liu shang's mask. Is she insinuating that LS will be also in S3???:scream:

She probably still has a crush on LS. LOLing at QXT, taking advantage of the fact that LS is also Cheng Cheng. Such a pervert. LMAO. Married to two handsome guys.

1 hour ago, selena32 said:

I felt bad for him.  I'd rather he die, like in S1, than him turn insane in S2. That's a cruel way to end a character.

OMG What x"D I missed the Demon King! I'm so glad he played General Wei even if he didn't play the same character. (:O OMG AT THE END) It would be nice if they bring back Liu Shang as a different character. Now all we're missing is that cousin from S1. That clip with Chen You Wei (LS) getting close to Liang Jie (XT) is so cute X"D hahaha! 

I feel so bad for Yi Huai Gege. Here's hoping they don't make him foolish and evil. The actor who played him mentioned in an interview how foolish his character was as everyone knew that that's XT and not TE. It's so funny how S1 they were so low budget they had to reuse some of the same cast for characters, but here's hoping in S3 they can reuse some cast as cameos. Praying all original main cast could be kept. 

Random, so while watching the last 2 episodes, who's the other guard aside from Yu Hao with 8th prince (when he merged and when he had the emperor's token)? So...technically there are 2 souls living in 8th prince's body since 8th prince suggest the old guy to  use life and death bond over MLC and 8th prince's soul..... 

Spoiler

OMG So we now know that it was Pan Er who told Tan Er that she should die so MYH could be saved.

The wedding night scene was hilarious when they keep throwing out things that were in the way. Maybe S3 cameo, MLC needs LS's mask again for cameos? lol 

I'm loving the upgraded Jing Xin hairstyle! I don't see that "shopping cart" scene that was mentioned or that kiss scene with TE hairstyle and modern MLC. O_O It'll be nice to see all the deleted scenes of S1 + 2. It's also a nice touch they brought back "love love love" song when XT gave birth! 

Did they just show a scene of the soul hunters in the modern world? O_O They were having a conversation that the true heir of the soul suppressing orb has been born and that they must report to their "boss". S3 continuation? Who's the boss? Yu'Er becomes the focus? Old guy mentioned the demon king and that he had to go back to magic realm. OMG this is so confusing near the end. 

How does everyone feel about the ending? =X I'm not as satisfied as I was watching S1 and wished they didn't cut out so many scenes. Like a poster mentioned the 4 episodes of political stuff with less XT in it could be cut off. Was hoping for more magic realm explanations, but they simply glossed over it. 

Spoiler

OMG who made this fanvid, haha Someone wrote in the comments that in the novel Mo Yi Feng and Qu Xiang Tan had some sort of relationship O_O? Someone who read the novel can clarify?

Why was I watching this?

XZL did mention that he wishes to be known or act different characters from Yue Qi or MLC. He's looking for more diverse roles which I think can heighten his career. I understand what he means, you wouldn't wanna be known as an actor just for one character but as an actor who can take on all type of roles.

25 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

XZL did mention that he wishes to be known or act different characters from Yue Qi or MLC. He's looking for more diverse roles which I think can heighten his career. I understand what he means, you wouldn't wanna be known as an actor just for one character but as an actor who can take on all type of roles.

One more season wouldn’t hurt him... or me... lol!  

Just read the comment from his agency a while ago. Was complaining the official EL rep that XZL wasn't informed that Chen you wei went to the same entertainment with Liang Jie. I couldn't click in and see what the official EL rep sed as I'm not the registered user. But I guess the chances of having XZL in S3 is a bit below 50% unless they really have a good offer to him. As we can all see, he didn't response or promote S2 anymore since the show begins. Many speculating that he was not in good terms with the EL's side. 

To me he's the 8th prince MLC and LJ is QXT. Nobody can ever replace these 2 main character. Anyone who slips into this shoe will sure get bashes. 

1 thg for sure is LJ will remain as QXT in S3. Let's hope there'll be no replacement for MLC and if there's one, let him be really really good!!! After all MLC is a very good male lead character whom anyone can easily like and love. XZL is good but it's also the character was beautifully and perfectly written.

It's good of him trying other characters as well since he's too young but just wished that he'll finished off the story of MLC beautifully. Idk about others but i saw the upcoming drama teasers of his show, and i found myself being so biased. Any lady leads beside him who isn't LJ, i find myself not interested at all in that drama.:scream: it's just like they are being bound by the contract!!!! Hahahahaha:D

4 minutes ago, monchoo said:

Just read the comment from his agency a while ago. Was complaining the official EL rep that XZL wasn't informed that Chen you wei went to the same entertainment with Liang Jie. I couldn't click in and see what the official EL rep sed as I'm not the registered user. But I guess the chances of having XZL in S3 is a bit below 50% unless they really have a good offer to him. As we can all see, he didn't response or promote S2 anymore since the show begins. Many speculating that he was not in good terms with the EL's side. 

To me he's the 8th prince MLC and LJ is QXT. Nobody can ever replace these 2 main character. Anyone who slips into this shoe will sure get bashes. 

1 thg for sure is LJ will remain as QXT in S3. Let's hope there'll be no replacement for MLC and if there's one, let him be really really good!!! After all MLC is a very good male lead character whom anyone can easily like and love. XZL is good but it's also the character was beautifully and perfectly written.

It's good of him trying other characters as well since he's too young but just wished that he'll finished off the story of MLC beautifully. Idk about others but i saw the upcoming drama teasers of his show, and i found myself being so biased. Any lady leads beside him who isn't LJ, i find myself not interested at all in that drama.:scream: it's just like they are being bound by the contract!!!! Hahahahaha:D

Are they referring to that show where LJ and CYW was invited as guests? I was under the impression that since XZL was filming at that time, he wasn't able to join, thus CYW.  I thought that since he is playing as the incognito 8th prince, he should also get a chance in promoting his character.

I just hope they fix whatever mess they are referring too. I agree with you, when you talk about EL, you will always remember them as the actors portraying the EL's characters.  It's not as if they are filming superman or batman. It's just one more season!

I honestly didn't watch any of his other works like I Cannot Hug You as an example and he's getting a lot of modern dramas which I never watch cause I know they will be long and boring lol. I'll probably watch Wen Tian Lu...but it seems like a generic plot like any other xianxia series. What's with all these stories based on Zhong Kui? I don't see the appeal. I hate the government with the SARFT but I hope they can kinda like filter away repetitive and boring plots. Instead of cutting airing episodes of historical based dramas, why not cut those modern dramas in half too.

S3 for TEL doesn't sound very promising to me as it's drifting further away from the original plot...I'm not interested in a child's future. We don't know if they can create a good character for the kid. I don't want him to be naive, spoiled or unfilial like typical ones we've seen.

6 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Are they referring to that show where LJ and CYW was invited as guests? I was under the impression that since XZL was filming at that time, he wasn't able to join, thus CYW.  I thought that since he is playing as the incognito 8th prince, he should also get a chance in promoting his character.

I just hope they fix whatever mess they are referring too. I agree with you, when you talk about EL, you will always remember them as the actors portraying the EL's characters.  It's not as if they are filming superman or batman. It's just one more season!

Truth! you know when a actor is forever associated with a character that nobody else can play them, like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, etc. Remember what happened to the movie version of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, it was lambasted because everybody hated Yang Yang in the role made famous by Mark Chao. Even though Yang Yang is a very handsome actor, people just saw Mark Chao as Ye Hua that's why the movie flopped. I think everybody feels the same if somebody else will play MLC. Xin Zhao Lin already played the role for 2 seasons, it's a mortal crime if somebody else will play him.

if it does happen and he breaks all our hearts for not signing on Season 3, they should just get new actors to play NEW CHARACTERS though I don't think it will be that successful.

26 minutes ago, monchoo said:

@crazyoverkdramaAre they referring to that show where LJ and CYW was invited as guests? (The beauty show programme with Big S and Lil S)

Yes, is that the one that created this mess? I was highly entertained watching that one, but I think they got insulted during that portion where LJ and CYW recreated the Sandwich Kiss. If they are referring to that, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe they thought that since XZL is the main character, they should have invited him, and not CYW.  Whatever it is, the director did say that XZL is getting way too much exposure and acclaim, when all of the casts are working hard too.

Well, who can blame XZL? Try portraying 2 roles in one drama, it's not that easy. Come to think of it too, he got so much screentime in S2 you'd think the season is made just for him.

Whatever it is, no one can ever replace his character.  If they do plan on making S3, they need someone who is more convincing than XZL. Or better yet, they should iron out whatever problem they are experiencing right now.

22 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Truth! you know when a actor is forever associated with a character that nobody else can play them, like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, etc. Remember what happened to the movie version of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, it was lambasted because everybody hated Yang Yang in the role made famous by Mark Chao. Even though Yang Yang is a very handsome actor, people just saw Mark Chao as Ye Hua that's why the movie flopped. I think everybody feels the same if somebody else will play MLC. Xin Zhao Lin already played the role for 2 seasons, it's a mortal crime if somebody else will play him.

if it does happen and he breaks all our hearts for not signing on Season 3, they should just get new actors to play NEW CHARACTERS though I don't think it will be that successful.

TMOPB movie was such a disaster, I gave up after 10 mins. They crammed all the eps in 1 movie with the actor portraying it so erratic in his actions that I gave up easily. I just hope they don't destroy EL's legacy by passing off one character or two as main leads. It'll cause a riot!

38 minutes ago, Renaro Kopique said:

I honestly didn't watch any of his other works like I Cannot Hug You as an example and he's getting a lot of modern dramas which I never watch cause I know they will be long and boring lol. I'll probably watch Wen Tian Lu...but it seems like a generic plot like any other xianxia series. What's with all these stories based on Zhong Kui? I don't see the appeal. I hate the government with the SARFT but I hope they can kinda like filter away repetitive and boring plots. Instead of cutting airing episodes of historical based dramas, why not cut those modern dramas in half too.

S3 for TEL doesn't sound very promising to me as it's drifting further away from the original plot...I'm not interested in a child's future. We don't know if they can create a good character for the kid. I don't want him to be naive, spoiled or unfilial like typical ones we've seen.

Me too! I honestly TRIED! But I cannot connect him to his character, and that is a bad sign as an actor.  I think that in order for him to move on is to finish what he started, that way people will have closure instead of leaving it in the air.  When I watched his modern drama, my mind is still associating him as MLC because I am currently watching EL, that's why I couldn't appreciate him in another role.  He needs to get closure fast or it'll affect his dramas.

Archived