[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Eternal Love 2 双世宠妃2

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Me too! I honestly TRIED! But I cannot connect him to his character, and that is a bad sign as an actor.  I think that in order for him to move on is to finish what he started, that way people will have closure instead of leaving it in the air.  When I watched his modern drama, my mind is still associating him as MLC because I am currently watching EL, that's why I couldn't appreciate him in another role.  He needs to get closure fast or it'll affect his dramas.

Yes, I think those other works and characterisations are a weak. I mean I watched The Eternal Love after Princess Agents but I never thought of him as Yue Qi. His new drama Wen Tian Lu is another unrequited love story where the female lead has 3 identities or something...smh. Considering China's entertainment industry it will be hard for him to find a new role as his next breakthrough. We got to see him as a cold hearted guy, a warm loving sunshine, anti-social etc. Maybe a villainous role? I don't need romance stories that much, mystery and adventure sounds good as well like Tientsin Mystic

I noticed that he likes to imitate Liang Jie's role as XT, someone mentioned that they could swap bodies in S3. Idk, maybe he should find something with gender bender.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep 29 Recap

Spoiler

Episode 29

Continuing from last episode’s discussion between Liu Qian Shui and the 8th Prince. The 8th Prince recalled that Liu Qian Shui had a magical spell of the life and death contract making him and MLC connected through spirit just like being one person. He wondered if there was a way to have a magical technique similar to that and use him to host MLC’s spirit.

Liu Qian Shui warned the 8th Prince that if this fails, he also won’t be able to save any of them. The Prince was resolute to his decision, it was better to try this than die here. The Qian Kun Seal was handed over and the spiritual transfer of MLC to the Prince began.

MLC and the 8th Prince met each other spiritually, they accepted each other as one and merged each other’s spirit together successfully. The awoke man sitting before Yu Hao and Liu Qian Shui claimed that he was the 8th Prince, the Mo Lian Cheng from the past and also the present.

-----

XT blamed herself for the cause of Qu Tan Er’s death, if she didn’t appear none of these things would've happened. JX comforted XT that this was not her fault at all, Tan Er jumped into the lake before XT’s appearance and Qu Pan Er’s death was for MYH’s sake.

MYH walked in and ordered to have his Tan Er’s original hairstyle to come back as it was her favourite. XT stood up and asked if he was crazy, she for the last time claimed that she was not Tan Er. MYH slapped her in the face that instant and told her not to say that she wasn’t Tan Er. MYH threatened XT with JX’s death again so he could force the hairstyle and clothing he wanted on his Tan Er. XT became obedient and sat down but MYH tried to force sweet desserts onto XT leading JX to push him aside. JX told MYH to wake up from reality and stop deceiving himself. She begged him to return to the gentle Prince that her Miss once knew, the guy that could sacrifice himself for her. Out of anger, JX was sent to prison and was reunited next to the 14th Prince’s prison cell.

XT continuously refused to try the headpiece and outfit for the Empress Coronation but was once again threatened with the death of the Empress Dowager, 14th Prince and JX.

-----

Liu Qian Shui helped the 14th Prince and JX escape from prison and sent them to Hidden Star. He found XT and asked her to steal the Imperial Commanding Token and wait until the Empress Coronation was over for things to make a change.

----

The 14th Prince used a hidden path in the Palace to reach the Empress Dowager’s chamber. He was envious that his Grandfather only told MLC about this. The Empress Dowager explained that the death of the late Emperor was due to MYH overtaking the Palace, forcing his father to abdicate the throne through writing a decree but the late Emperor instead drank poisoned tea. She showed 14th Prince evidence of the the late Emperor’s last will.

----

XT tried on her crowning dress, she was sorry to MLC that she had to use her seductive techniques again. Before she thought of anything, MYH directly told her that his Tan Er wouldn’t do what she was thinking. Her only method now was to provoke him which she did, grabbing onto his clothes and told him that his Tan Er wouldn’t love him being like this. She swiftly shook her hands down and grabbed the Imperial Commanding Token hanging around MYH’s waist.

----

As night came, Liu Qian Shui entered the Emperor’s imperial study and played around. He sat on the Emperor's seat, drank tea with an appalled face, and bit onto the Imperial Commanding Token to test its worth. He was indeed proud of his clan leader who’s quick witted and clever. After noticing the decree on the table, he swapped it and left.

As he came back to Hidden Star with such a great mood, Liu Qian Shui reported his success. MLC began to plan his infiltration of the Palace and immediately took action after everything was finalised.

----

The day of the Empress Coronation began. XT walked along many paths in deep thoughts believed that MLC would appear as a knight in shining armor riding a white horse, save her then hold her in his arms taking her away.

The crowning began, the eunuch began to read the decree. XT was praised non-stop, until MYH’s part was read he was publicly announced for patricide, overtaking the throne, faked the edict which resulted in a big crime.

Confusion took place amongst everyone, MYH checked the scroll and confirmed everyone that it was swapped by someone with ulterior motives. At this moment the Empress Dowager who was dressed as an eunuch stepped out along with MLC and 14th Prince following behind. She announced that the letter in her hand was the real will that was left behind and had 14th Prince display it to the ministers. MYH finally admitted his wrongdoings, but was satisfied as he finally got his Tan Er. He gave all the ministers one last chance, he promised that he would promote them. Just as he said that, a soldier ran in to report that the entire Palace was surrounded. MYH then realised that the token around his waist was gone, he knew that he was in a dead end went speechless. The Empress Dowager ordered everyone to be dismissed along with her since everything has been cleared. This situation left only Yun Ying, MYH, XT and MLC at the scene.

I hope, if anything, he’ll reprise the role for his fan base. Especially if this is the last season, he should just finish it off. It’s really hard to see the role of MLC going to anyone else. He looks like a guy that cares about his fans, right? *grasping at all straws* lol 

If the main leads don’t come back, they should just do a time jump and make the story about their son. Other than all of the scenes that make up the open ending for season 3, I think they did a good job with a closed, happy ending for XT and Cheng Cheng. 

3 minutes ago, selena32 said:

Thanks so much @Renaro Kopique for the recaps. Im sorry if I missed it, but what happened to 9th prince Jing Kang?! 

Gen Wei surrounded the palace, so by the word of mouth, he surrendered and was captured. No last glimpse of him though .^_^

Sorry, I kinda got lazy in the last episode lol and the complications are getting harder for me to understand so don't really trust what I've written.

Episode 30 Recap

Spoiler

Episode 30

MYH grabbed his sword and flew forward having a 1v1 with MLC (internal power battle). MYH began to lose after a few exchanges, Yun Ying entered the fight to assist but was miserably knocked out by MLC’s internal strength. Back to 1v1 again, MYH lost his sword and took a blow. Being easily defeated like that, MYH summoned the power of the Soul Suppressing Orb, worried XT ran over and blocked MYH from utilising this power. However, this action lead Qu Tan Er to be summoned. She called for MYH and told him that she never thought they would meet each other again, she found out that they had no fate together, and foresaw that he died for the throne. The only way to prevent his death was to offer her body for a person from a different world. She then bid him farewell and will meet him in their next life.

MYH was in disbelief, he expressed that there was no use having the throne if Tan Er was not there. He began to laugh and continuously repeated that he only wants to be together with Tan Er and left the scene with Yun Ying.

This left with only XT MLC at the scene, the two reunited and hugged each other. MLC who was filled with happiness showed signs of being cheeky and said that he was not Cheng Cheng. She claimed that she knows who’s who by their looking at their eyes, she took off his robe but did not find the tattooed rose on his chest. MLC asked if she loves MLC, she agreed and he told her that if she close her eyes her Cheng Cheng will appear. Seeing her so devoted, MLC went forward for a kiss but XT was taken back and pushed him away immediately. MLC then admitted that he and the 8th Prince merged as one. He will no longer disappear and will be by her side for a lifetime. XT who was glad leapt onto MLC for a kiss.

----

Marriage preparations began as the maids one by one brought carried items to set up the altar and the ceremony. JX lead XT who is covered by the wedding veil along the path towards MLC as flower petals were thrown into the air. The couple did the traditional wedding ritual by bowing to the heavens, the parents then towards one another. Steward Zhou announced that consummation comes next but XT took of her veil and refused! Everybody was in disbelief by the situation. XT called for Liu Qian Shui to quickly read their modern marriage vows. After MLC agreed to his vows, it was time to read it for XT but she brushed it off and said no matter what she agrees.They were then announced husband and wife, exchanged rings, and then was allowed to kiss. The Empress Dowager was dumbfounded after she heard that. She asked MLC if he wanted everyone here to witness this. He responded that not only the people here but also the entire world to witness this to let everyone know that XT is his woman. The couple went for their romantic kiss.

All the single ladies were invited to the Snow House for the bouquet. JX caught the bouquet, both XT and MLC hinted at JX and 14th Prince for their news.

----

XT sat on the bed patiently for MLC to come in. MLc walked in, he picked up the stick to lift XT’s veil but she stopped it with a piece of jade. She asked him what was the difference between in the bed chamber from before and now. MLC knelt down, lifted her veil and said that this time he won’t leave half way. XT was furious and said “In the name of the moon I shall punish you!” MLC moved forward and kissed her. He told her her that difference was that no matter in what time and space, what is of the present, or how the future will be, or anything else they both will love each other eternally. Either it be Empress or Princess Consort, it will only be her Qu Xiao Tan. The consummation between the two then began.

----

The 14th Prince professed his love to JX through a sky lantern. He claimed that he was not scared of anything but her because he’s scared of his wife which lead JX to shy away. JX then asked if knew the difference between him and a monkey. She explained that monkeys are in mountains but he’s in her heart.

----

MYH was left unattended in his own world talking to Tan Er.

----

XT asked Liu Qian Shui if he could predict the future but sadly not. AS XT was about to chug down wine, MLC swiftly came and spun her into his arms to stop her. Liu Qian Shui and MLC discussed that XT may not be the real owner of the Soul Suppressing Orb this time.

----

The next scene, XT gives birth to a Prince.

----

The Soul Hunters appear and found that the sky was strange. Knowing that the owner of the Soul Suppressing Orb had changed to the Prince, they went decided to gather more information and report this to their master.

----

-Time-skip-

Many toys and items were laid in front of Yu Er (baby) but in the end he took the Soul Wandering Flute. MLC and Liu Qian SHui alone discussed about the Soul Suppressing Orb. Liu Qian Shui guessed that because XT did not unlock the Orb in the box, the Orb itself found a new home which is Yu Er. He said the need needs to return to Xuan Ling and use the force the the Orb and his fellow elders to suppress the Demon King. The baby has a mysterious force in it where it will be hunted by others

----

MLC, XT, JX and 14th Prince together played cards. General Wei who’s now promoted as some sort of minister (?) seeked for an audience but was invited to play cards together. He refused and took at look that Yu Er playing on the side. He sat down beside Yu Er and praised that this kid was such a lovely Prince. The moment he laid his hand on the kid's, he seemed to have been possessed or awakened. His eyes turned amber for a second and an inner voice spoke “This is the child I’m looking for.”

[Note: The actor of Wei Zong Heng was the Demon King in S1. So there’s some sort of correlation here.]

MLC came from behind, Wei Zong Heng stood up and asked for forgiveness of not looking after the Prince properly. MLC picked up Yu Er and brought him away. The moment MLC left, Wei Zong Heng seemed unpossessed again in confusion.

----

XT asked MLC to find her the largest boat in Dong Yue because she needs it to store all valuables and bring it home. She explained that they came here through the lake that they found themselves at in Dong Yue. So this area is the way back home.

MLC brought XT into his arms and told her that when he’s Emperor she is Empress, when he’s Prince she is Princess Consort. No matter when and where, who they become, he will definitely find her, love her, marry her thousands and thousands of times, for eternity they will never separate. The episode then ends with a passionate kiss.

2 hours ago, selena32 said:

Thanks so much @Renaro Kopique for the recaps. Im sorry if I missed it, but what happened to 9th prince Jing Kang?! 

I literally never saw him again since Ep 28:sweat_smile:he was ordered to go capture MLC and stuff but yea I didn't notice till you mentioned that.

2 hours ago, selena32 said:

Just like any extra, came too quickly, and left without a trace....

1 hour ago, Renaro Kopique said:

Sorry, I kinda got lazy in the last episode lol and the complications are getting harder for me to understand so don't really trust what I've written.

Episode 30 Recap

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 30

MYH grabbed his sword and flew forward having a 1v1 with MLC (internal power battle). MYH began to lose after a few exchanges, Yun Ying entered the fight to assist but was miserably knocked out by MLC’s internal strength. Back to 1v1 again, MYH lost his sword and took a blow. Being easily defeated like that, MYH summoned the power of the Soul Suppressing Orb, worried XT ran over and blocked MYH from utilising this power. However, this action lead Qu Tan Er to be summoned. She called for MYH and told him that she never thought they would meet each other again, she found out that they had no fate together, and foresaw that he died for the throne. The only way to prevent his death was to offer her body for a person from a different world. She then bid him farewell and will meet him in their next life.

MYH was in disbelief, he expressed that there was no use having the throne if Tan Er was not there. He began to laugh and continuously repeated that he only wants to be together with Tan Er and left the scene with Yun Ying.

This left with only XT MLC at the scene, the two reunited and hugged each other. MLC who was filled with happiness showed signs of being cheeky and said that he was not Cheng Cheng. She claimed that she knows who’s who by their looking at their eyes, she took off his robe but did not find the tattooed rose on his chest. MLC asked if she loves MLC, she agreed and he told her that he if close her eyes her Cheng Cheng will appear. Seeing her so devoted, MLC went forward for a kiss but XT was taken back and pushed him away immediately. MLC then admitted that he and the 8th Prince merged as one. He will no longer disappear and will be by her side for a lifetime. XT who was glad leapt onto MLC for a kiss.

----

Marriage preparations began as the maids one by one brought carried items to set up the altar and the ceremony. JX lead XT who is covered by the wedding veil along the path towards MLC as flower petals were thrown into the air. The couple did the traditional wedding ritual by bowing to the heavens, the parents then towards one another. Steward Zhou announced that consummation comes next but XT took of her veil and refused! Everybody was in disbelief by the situation. XT called for Liu Qian Shui to quickly read their modern marriage vows. After MLC agreed to his vows, it was time to read it for XT but she brushed it off and said no matter what she agrees.They were then announced husband and wife, exchanged rings, and then was allowed to kiss. The Empress Dowager was dumbfounded after she heard that. She asked MLC if he wanted everyone here to witness this. He responded that not only the people here but also the entire world to witness this to let everyone know that XT is his woman. The couple went for their romantic kiss.

All the single ladies were invited to the Snow House for the bouquet. JX caught the bouquet, both XT and MLC hinted at JX and 14th Prince for their news.

----

XT sat on the bed patiently for MLC to come in. MLc walked in, he picked up the stick to lift XT’s veil but she stopped it with a piece of jade. She asked him what was the difference between in the bed chamber from before and now. MLC knelt down, lifted her veil and said that this time he won’t leave half way. XT was furious and said “In the name of the moon I shall punish you!” MLC moved forward and kissed her. He told her her that difference was that no matter in what time and space, what is of the present, or how the future will be, or anything else they both will love each other eternally. Either it be Empress or Princess Consort, it will only be her Qu Xiao Tan. The consummation between the two then began.

----

The 14th Prince professed his love to JX through a sky lantern. He claimed that he was not scared of anything but her because he’s scared of his wife which lead JX to shy away. JX then asked if knew the difference between him and a monkey. She explained that monkeys are in mountains but he’s in her heart.

----

MYH was left unattended in his own world talking to Tan Er.

----

XT asked Liu Qian Shui if he could predict the future but sadly not. AS XT was about to chug down wine, MLC swiftly came and spun her into his arms to stop her. Liu Qian Shui and MLC discussed that XT may not be the real owner of the Soul Suppressing Orb this time.

----

The next scene, XT gives birth to a Prince.

----

The Soul Hunters appear and found that the sky was strange. Knowing that the owner of the Soul Suppressing Orb had changed to the Prince, they went decided to gather more information and report this to their master.

----

-Time-skip-

Many toys and items were laid in front of Yu Er (baby) but in the end he took the Soul Wandering Flute. MLC and Liu Qian SHui alone discussed about the Soul Suppressing Orb. Liu Qian Shui guessed that because XT did not unlock the Orb in the box, the Orb itself found a new home which is Yu Er. He said the need needs to return to Xuan Ling and use the force the the Orb and his fellow elders to suppress the Demon King. The baby has a mysterious force in it where it will be hunted by others

----

MLC, XT, JX and 14th Prince together played cards. General Wei who’s now promoted as some sort of minister (?) seeked for an audience but was invited to play cards together. He refused and took at look that Yu Er playing on the side. He sat down beside Yu Er and praised that this kid was such a lovely Prince. The moment he laid his hand on the kid's, he seemed to have been possessed or awakened. His eyes turned amber for a second and an inner voice spoke “This is the child I’m looking for.”

[Note: The actor of Wei Zong Heng was the Demon King in S1. So there’s some sort of correlation here.]

MLC came from behind, Wei Zong Heng stood up and asked for forgiveness of not looking after the Prince properly. MLC picked up Yu Er and brought him away. The moment MLC left, Wei Zong Heng seemed unpossessed again in confusion.

----

XT asked MLC to find her the largest boat in Dong Yue because she needs it to store all valuables and bring it home. She explained that they came here through the lake that they found themselves at in Dong Yue. So this area is the way back home.

MLC brought XT into his arms and told her that when he’s Emperor she is Empress, when he’s Prince she is Princess Consort. No matter when and where, who they become, he will definitely find her, love her, marry her thousands and thousands of times, for eternity they will never separate. The episode then ends with a passionate kiss.

I literally never saw him again since Ep 28:sweat_smile:he was ordered to go capture MLC and stuff but yea I didn't notice till you mentioned that.

Thank you for the recap! At least we don't have to guess what they are saying anymore. LOL. Recapers are life-savers to us!

4 hours ago, Ellie Toh said:

Try watching Thai drama: Jao Sao Jorm Yom.

Super romantic with seductive husband onboard.

Thanks! Will do! Hopefully it will lessen the withrawal symptoms. I'm planning on re-watching S1 and S2 again.  I just hope they release news about S3 soon and end our misery.

22 minutes ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Thanks! Will do! Hopefully it will lessen the withrawal symptoms. I'm planning on re-watching S1 and S2 again.  I just hope they release news about S3 soon and end our misery.

Try not to get too addicted to this one if you  watch it. I kept rewatching this one too. Lolssss. Handsome, seductive husband is my weakness. Lolsss

1 hour ago, crazyoverkdrama said:

Does anyone know when they plan on starting the filming? If it’s early 2019 then they should be announcing it anytime now. 

They announced s2 last November and then started filming in March. 

4 hours ago, golinda27 said:

Does anyone know when they plan on starting the filming? If it’s early 2019 then they should be announcing it anytime now. 

They announced s2 last November and then started filming in March. 

No news yet... Come to think of it, i remember one of us posted the news here, but the poster is that of S2 but instead of II, it was III. Are they trolling us??

Maybe there are plans already, but the actors are not yet fixed. Usually when they do sequels, they have a plot already, right? It's the actors that just need to confirm. My gosh, the suspense is real!

Just now, crazyoverkdrama said:

No news yet... Come to think of it, i remember one of us posted the news here, but the poster is that of S2 but instead of II, it was III. Are they trolling us??

Maybe there are plans already, but the actors are not yet fixed. Usually when they do sequels, they have a plot already, right? It's the actors that just need to confirm. My gosh, the suspense is real!

I know that it’s just a drama but not knowing is giving me anxiety! I want their story to continue with XZL and LJ. 

On 12/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, monchoo said:

Just read the comment from his agency a while ago. Was complaining the official EL rep that XZL wasn't informed that Chen you wei went to the same entertainment with Liang Jie. I couldn't click in and see what the official EL rep sed as I'm not the registered user. But I guess the chances of having XZL in S3 is a bit below 50% unless they really have a good offer to him. As we can all see, he didn't response or promote S2 anymore since the show begins. Many speculating that he was not in good terms with the EL's side.

I recall reading somewhere (can't recall source) that the original plan was for XZL to lead a team (I wonder who would be in that team though, Crown Prince and Crown Princess?) to go Taiwan and LJ to lead a team to Malaysia, but the Taiwan side cancelled last min, so XZL went for other stuff instead.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:02 AM, Yui. said:

Random, so while watching the last 2 episodes, who's the other guard aside from Yu Hao with 8th prince

That's General Wei's assistant.

2 hours ago, Ellie Toh said:

Tsk...I think I will need to watch S1 and S2 again. I haven't got enough.

Topless Cheng Cheng in next season, please!

I was thinking, if they made CYW as MLC, he needs to do some serious body-building, fast!  He's so skinny in S2. 

Also, if they made YY as part of the cast, let's hope he's Yu Er, and not MLC. 

4 minutes ago, golinda27 said:

I know that it’s just a drama but not knowing is giving me anxiety! I want their story to continue with XZL and LJ. 

I know, right?? We need closure! Like, what happens after knowing that Yu Er is the new owner? I don't think that MLC and QXT will just stand aside and watch what will happen next. Especially MLC. He's the only one who has knowledge of Xuan Ling, since this XT doesn't have an inkling of XL.  I think he will have a hand again in the fate of his son. 

5 hours ago, Renaro Kopique said:

S1's director went for this drama in which people said if you like TEL you might like this one as well. I'm not sure what it's about though. It probably won't be out till late next year.

好色千金 - Hao Se Qian Jin

https://www.weibo.com/u/6382809608?is_hot=1#_rnd1543917105295

xXsWrFI.jpg

tN5pyRy.jpg

Spoiler

Ehh?? Another time travel from present to past drama? Has almost the same plot like EL too. I hope it's good, will give it a try. 

EL has set a standard so high, i think nothing will ever beat it.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:09 AM, Ellie Toh said:

I think yes, they kinda have 2 kids now. I mean...I did come across someone saying that Cheng Cheng said this when Xiao Tan asked where is their son when she finally remembered everything "We are in the past Dongyue, so Yu Er is not here. Why don't we give Yu Er a brother or a sister instead?"

Not sure if this is an official source of something, but I personally think it is believable that Yu Er is their first child and this baby Prince is their second?

This nonsense make no sense lol I feel like they need to truly come to terms with planing. They need to decide if we are in an alternate past or in they went to the past.  Because going to the past should actually negate everything that we know from season 1. While being an alternate past just means that the two dimension are riding along each other I'm not as psyche for season 3 as Iwas for season 2 with all this confusion.

Archived