[Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류

0ly40

Episode 101 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 12:15 to 21:00)

We see a little squabble between the aunt and DM about who can use that clothes-drying thingy. CH asks if she isn't doing it because she is jealous of CH dating that loser dude. DM tells CH that she can date him to her heart's content, and continues the clothes fight. That is broken up by SG who asks DM to dry her stuff later, and not fight with the aunt. SG asks CH why she isn't picking up the calls from the real estate agent who wants to send people interested in renting the house after SG and party move out. CH is sad about them moving out, of course.

BS asks his attorney to drop the plan to separate out Taeyeon Retail. The lawyer wants to know what to do about the rest of the company shares. BS gives him what he wrote down as a will, and asks him to read and formalize it. The lawyer asks why he is dong it now, and BS just says that he is getting old. He wants all this kept quiet.

DB gets a text from CG that Lawyer hwang was in BS' office. He goes and intercepts the lawyer, asking him to have some tea. DB wants to know what BS told him, and he tells DB that BS is dropping the plan on releasing Taeyeon Retail. BS also asked him to stop all the work he started on the shares and inheritance (but he doesn't tell DB about the will). Atty Hwang asks if something happened that changed BS' mind. DB says he doesn't know. The lawyer looks quite unfriendly as he speaks. As he gets up to leave, DB asks if he still goes to that health club (to threaten him with the info DB has, about his second woman). The lawyer tells him that he has already talked to his wife and kids about it, so there will be no use if DB tries to do anything on that!... So DB knows now, that he no longer has that lawyer on his side.  He needs some comfort talk, picks up his phone, stops, and says, "this is when I really needed Chae Yu Ran".

DB goes to HM and asks if she told JH about YR. HM: "What did you expect me to tell? That his brother was once dating her?"... DB claims that he really never dated YR. He says it was only one-way love from her. Plus, he knows that she really does love JH.  HM: "No. I won't trust anybody now".  DB: "Me too? You won't trust the son who lived with you for over 30 years?".  HM asks why he wanted to send JH away to the U.S... DB: "For the same reason as you. I love JH, you know. I was scared of him finding out the truth on where his eyes came from. Plus, there was his romance with IY too, no?  JH and IY... Neither will be able to handle that". HM asks him also to completely break it off with IY. DB: "IY still suspects me. Until that suspicion is gone, which may be never, I cannot drop IY". He asks HM to keep the YR matter a secret from JH and BS.  He doesn't want to disappoint them anymore. He puts on his poor son act. "Mother, you cannot discard me. I have nobody but you!"  (So he gets his way, for now)

YR meets DB and asks why he called. Their contract was over, she thought.  He says it is fine for her to come back. She asks how she can do that when HM knows of her past with DB. He says he meant returning to work, and not to the house. He says BS and JH still don't know about them both. He thinks he has got HM to agree to not talk about her to them. After all HM is the one who placed her by JH's side. YR says, "that is really cruel, isn't it?".  DB: "For now we need to start with our survival, right?".  He says she should restart working with BS. YR: "What if we are caught?". DB: "Well, we should win the war before we are caught!".  He continues, "As long as you do it right, you should be able to continue with JH and BS". She says that it makes no sense, and he says, "well, I told you. As long as you do it right!"

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 101 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21:00 to Episode End)

YR again follows through on what DB asked. She goes to BS and "does it right" with a masterful job of acting to make an old man melt. She apologizes and says that she didn't plan to lie initially. At that time, as she had told them of her parents to have died, she thought HM and BS would be disappointed, and so she ended up saying she was the grand-daughter of Diana Gwon, who was the woman she worked for in the USA. Ms. Gwon actually did consider her like a real grand-daughter, she says. But she was only a maid at Ms. Gwon's house.  She goes on and on, about how great HM, JH and BS were, etc, blah blah. She was going to just go back to the US but came in now, thinking it was only right to say goodbye to him before that. She is sorry for having done this to him, when he is already having a hard time. And she felt she should at least finish the work she was doing. She looks at him like a lost child, saying, "but I couldn't decide what I should do".  (The man melts, of course!)

DB sees JH and IY coming out of the elevator, and wants to talk to IY. She says she and JH have a meeting to go to. When DB insists, she asks JH if there is time. He leaves them to talk.  DB takes her outside and asks her to stop working. She says she is resigning, and is only staying till a replacement comes in. But he wants her to stop working now, as he had talked to her mother about marrying her, just as planned before. She has given her approval, says DB.  IY says that it is still not possible, even if her mother has approved it. She has done too much wrong to BS and HM that she can't face them again. DB: "What if I were to lose every everything?  If I were to live without seeing JH and my parents, just for you, can we do it?". IY doesn't know what to say, and CG sees them talking.

YR calls JH. She felt he might be worried about her, she says. She says she is fine. She asks if he could bring the bag with her remaining stuff, to her.

Later Maid Nam tells HM that JH had come home and taken away the bag with YR's stuff.

DB gets a call from YR, saying she "has thrown the ground bait, and is going into the next phase". DB says that they both can no longer pull back. If they hope to survive, they will have to to do whatever it takes and be successful. She asks him not to worry, as she gets ready to meet JH, who runs into the restaurant where she is waiting.

With Eagles' "Sad Cafe" playing in the background, YR says sorry to JH for worrying him. She returns the necklace JH had given to her. He says it was a birthday present, which she should keep. YR: "You gave this to a woman called Chae Yu Ran. Not to me. I don't deserve to have it". There is also a necklace from HM in the box, and she wants him to return it to her. JH apologizes for how HM was to her. YR tells him that she told the truth (so she claims!) to BS today. He wasn't angry and was understanding. She is worried though. She was always by his side, helping him, and not letting the news on his illness get out. She worries if the secretary or somebody could do that now. JH says CG might help. YR hopes to get an opportunity in the future to talk it over with HM too.  Then she continues, "This is where it was. When you proposed to me here, I shouldn't have accepted it. But you were so warm, I couldn't refuse. I am sorry". (She is again doing a masterful job of pulling a man's heartstrings with her sad woman act!).

CG comes to DB's office. He wanted to know of something - "What do you plan to do with Ms. Kim In Yeong?... She is Kim Jae Min's sister".  DB: "I know that". CG: "Was it coincidence? Or was she deliberately approaching you?" (I believe he is talking about how DB and YR met first). DB doesn't answer, and CG just says that he was worried.  DB: "I will handle IY. You can't touch IY, even by chance".  CG says fine.

DM and IY walk and talk. DM says there was a call from somebody to see the house, as they will be vacating it. IY says SG wants to go away from Seoul. She isn't so sure of it. DM asks if IY really has no plans to go to Jeju like DM wants. IY says they will decide later. Nothing serious in this chat.  They walk into the house and gets a shock, as DB is sitting there and eating.

DB says he came over just like that, as he didn't want to call "Mother" ahead and stress her out. He asks SG for more food, as it is all really tasty. [End of Episode]

On 4/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, jayakris said:

Episode 101 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21:00 to Episode End)

YR again follows through on what DB asked. She goes to BS and "does it right" with a masterful job of acting to make an old man melt. She apologizes and says that she didn't plan to lie initially. At that time, as she had told them of her parents to have died, she thought HM and BS would be disappointed, and so she ended up saying she was the grand-daughter of Diana Gwon, who was the woman she worked for in the USA. Ms. Gwon actually did consider her like a real grand-daughter, she says. But she was only a maid at Ms. Gwon's house.  She goes on and on, about how great HM, JH and BS were, etc, blah blah. She was going to just go back to the US but came in now, thinking it was only right to say goodbye to him before that. She is sorry for having done this to him, when he is already having a hard time. And she felt she should at least finish the work she was doing. She looks at him like a lost child, saying, "but I couldn't decide what I should do".  (The man melts, of course!)

DB sees JH and IY coming out of the elevator, and wants to talk to IY. She says she and JH have a meeting to go to. When DB insists, she asks JH if there is time. He leaves them to talk.  DB takes her outside and asks her to stop working. She says she is resigning, and is only staying till a replacement comes in. But he wants her to stop working now, as he had talked to her mother about marrying her, just as planned before. She has given her approval, says DB.  IY says that it is still not possible, even if her mother has approved it. She has done too much wrong to BS and HM that she can't face them again. DB: "What if I were to lose every everything?  If I were to live without seeing JH and my parents, just for you, can we do it?". IY doesn't know what to say, and CG sees them talking.

YR calls JH. She felt he might be worried about her, she says. She says she is fine. She asks if he could bring the bag with her remaining stuff, to her.

Later Maid Nam tells HM that JH had come home and taken away the bag with YR's stuff.

DB gets a call from YR, saying she "has thrown the ground bait, and is going into the next phase". DB says that they both can no longer pull back. If they hope to survive, they will have to to do whatever it takes and be successful. She asks him not to worry, as she gets ready to meet JH, who runs into the restaurant where she is waiting.

With Eagles' "Sad Cafe" playing in the background, YR says sorry to JH for worrying him. She returns the necklace JH had given to her. He says it was a birthday present, which she should keep. YR: "You gave this to a woman called Chae Yu Ran. Not to me. I don't deserve to have it". There is also a necklace from HM in the box, and she wants him to return it to her. JH apologizes for how HM was to her. YR tells him that she told the truth (so she claims!) to BS today. He wasn't angry and was understanding. She is worried though. She was always by his side, helping him, and not letting the news on his illness get out. She worries if the secretary or somebody could do that now. JH says CG might help. YR hopes to get an opportunity in the future to talk it over with HM too.  Then she continues, "This is where it was. When you proposed to me here, I shouldn't have accepted it. But you were so warm, I couldn't refuse. I am sorry". (She is again doing a masterful job of pulling a man's heartstrings with her sad woman act!).

CG comes to DB's office. He wanted to know of something - "What do you plan to do with Ms. Kim In Yeong?... She is Kim Jae Min's sister".  DB: "I know that". CG: "Was it coincidence? Or was she deliberately approaching you?" (I believe he is talking about how DB and YR met first). DB doesn't answer, and CG just says that he was worried.  DB: "I will handle IY. You can't touch IY, even by chance".  CG says fine.

DM and IY walk and talk. DM says there was a call from somebody to see the house, as they will be vacating it. IY says SG wants to go away from Seoul. She isn't so sure of it. DM asks if IY really has no plans to go to Jeju like DM wants. IY says they will decide later. Nothing serious in this chat.  They walk into the house and gets a shock, as DB is sitting there and eating.

DB says he came over just like that, as he didn't want to call "Mother" ahead and stress her out. He asks SG for more food, as it is all really tasty. [End of Episode]

Hello Jayakris,

Is it possible that you continue to recap this drama for us??. We certainly need your help because we do not understand Korean language but we love this drama very much. The drama is in very exciting finale episodes: we are waiting to see all BAD people get  punished. Can you please help. We really appreciate.

Thanks @jayakris for continuing the recaps.. 

I took a break from this drama since I can not stand DB and his gall. HE tried to kill JH but then he dares to use the shock of JH learning that his eyes came from JS to try to keep him from IY and making him pay for the crimes he has committed. It is not JH's fault his eyes came from JS. That is something evil that he and HM did. It is a shame that they have done wrong in this manner and are pushing guilt on JH.  In my opinion JS thought highly of JH so if anyone had to get his eyes then I doubt he would have been upset over JH getting them. I think the same will be said about his family once everything settles down later. Until then I see JH struggling with that knowledge that he got the man's eyes after his death.

HM should be ashamed of herself. She got eyes for her son in the worst possible way. Instead of being sorry to those people and trying to make it up to them for what happened she is trying to keep her son from the woman he loves all because of what they did. I look forward to IY and her mom finding out the truth and letting HM and DB have it. 

From the glances I have got from the raw episodes. JH realizes that DB may have been the one who pushed him hurting his eyes and DB has told him that he got those eyes from JS. 

Looks Like HM went to the police with what she knows. IY may have found out about what happened to her father and that JH has his eyes maybe and DB's plots are failing. 

Preview for the episode above shows BS saying something to YR that makes her go off. I guess they have found out about what she was really doing for DB. The police come for DB and IY's mom is at the house having found out what happened to her husband and is letting them have  it. 

I guess this drama will end this week at 120 eps so they are tying up loose ends well. I just wished this had been the one that they subbed. 

Will there be a drama following this? Does anyone know? I have not found any information on the next drama for this time slot. 

Is episode 119 the last one for this drama ..? @jayakris I need you to translate this latest episode. I feel the confrontation between DB and the family driver was the crucial part that explained the misunderstanding within the Kang family Both cried and after the revelations, DB was brought to justice.

Felt sad that IY could not end up with JH ... what did she tell him at the bench...? 

Please can someone just translate.  Thank you. 

OST part 20:

final episode clips

Spoiler

On 26/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, shebagirl said:

Is episode 119 the last one for this drama ..? @jayakris I need you to translate this latest episode. I feel the confrontation between DB and the family driver was the crucial part that explained the misunderstanding within the Kang family Both cried and after the revelations, DB was brought to justice.

Felt sad that IY could not end up with JH ... what did she tell him at the bench...? 

Please can someone just translate.  Thank you. 

The dramas had 119 episodes @shebagirl.

Many thanks @jayakris for the time you invest on the translations of the episodes.

This drama won't have a replace in its time slot.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류
  • 2 months later...

This drama ended its run a few months back. Apparently it wasn't popular here because there were no subtitles. I wanted to watch it but could only find the raw version and the recaps in this thread was until episode 101, so frustrating but i managed to catch the english subbed version when it was aired recently over OHK. Well this is for  @shebagirl or anyone here who missed it.

About the confrontation between driver Jang and DB : At the end of episode 118 Jang asked DB if he was the one who pushed JH off the cliff. Initially DB denied he was the one but later admitted it. DB was devastated after finding out he wasn't the biological son of KBS but the murderer PDS and became envious of JH. At the beginning of episode119 MrJang confessed to DB that PDS wasn't a murderer and that it was him who killed someone name Director Kim. PDS later took the blame. 

On 4/27/2018 at 1:35 AM, shebagirl said:

IY told JH that YR had given him an USB with the evidence of DB's crimes. She explained to JH that she will be giving DB the USB. IY wants to give DB a chance to redeem himself and seek forgiveness. IY also told JH not to regret seeing the world again. She said that her father had signed the pledge to donate his cornea when he was taking care of JH at Yangpyeong. She told him that her father would be happy to know that JH is doing well and happy. 

I guess that IY and JH may end up together after sometime have passed. 

It seems that KBS only just found out that it was Jang who killed Director Kim. He admitted to YM that all this while he saw PDS in DB and that was probably why DB didn't see him as a real father. I guess that is why he was reluctant to hand over the reins to DB because he doubted him. 

It was a good ending overall and the best revenge drama i have seen so far. 

@imgreatgal After 'Reverse' ... I took a rest away from Kdrama. Was busy too preparing for an event, and just before I left for uk I happened to glance the drama 'Backflow' with the new name of 'Reverse'. Was away for more than a month, and when I look into Ohk again, it was in the last 12 episodes. I managed to hear what was said by Jang to make DB go into repent mode.Thank you for highlighting and thinking of me regarding the matter. 

The voiceover by IY sort of give us hope that she would like to reconcile with JH once she can first forgive herself. She did not only solved the mystery to her father's death, she opened a pandora box in the Kang family. She was also dishonest and conniving to the family to achieve her goals. 

However, the ending implied that they still asking about each other, and that gave hope of a reunion. I feel that each should just go their separate ways, since 'the damage been done'.

Archived