[Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류

0ly40

Episode 84 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 22.00 to Episode End)

Just a bunch of yakketi-yakking from CH who complains of a hurting back, and whines about SG's not asking HM for word of mouth help on their business, and then DM explaining what SG found from the cops about some random guy taking the biker's picture, etc.  Then CH going and sitting in between DM and JM, asking her to go for a set-up date with somebody, DM asking JM if it was okay, and the aunt continuing to hint that they both should be dating, etc. But DM is also giving hints to JM that she is indeed interested. She picks up the phone to check a text, saying "It must be IY. I should brag about going for a set-up date" (clearly for JM's ears). But the text is from YR - "This is SeonHwa. There is something to discuss on the IY matter. Like IY did back then, I too should help a friend in trouble. Come out".

DM meets YR, who tells her that she feels HM has good inkling on the fake pregnancy and the fake miscarriage. DM is shocked. YR thinks it is dangerous for IY to remain in that house. If caught, she may even be sent to jail for marriage fraud. DM thinks IY should leave now. YR: "Don't you know how IY is? She probably won't come out empty-handed. So I need your help". She thinks IY won't trust her. "Naturally," says DM (haha!). YR: "I know. But if IY gets caught, even I may get kicked out". She says she is closer to the family than IY is, so she can get IY what she wants and quietly get her out. YR: "The reason for her to join that family was an ultrasound drill matter, right?". Now DM decides to talk - "Right. The ultrasound drill was developed by Uncle, but right after Uncle passed away, Taeyeon was bringing that out. As JM was going to meet the owner of a phone that he found at Uncle's work shed, he got assaulted". (We see YR catching on quickly - as she probably didn't quite know of that phone matter). DM says that IY joined the family for solid evidence rather than just suspicions.

JH is in his room, and seems to be reaching some sharp conclusions, thinking to himself - "If my brother made a secret (slush) fund using the ultrasound drill, it is possible that CG could try to get rid of Uncle and JM, on his behalf". He gets a text from his private security guy that the cops have got a picture of the bike number plate from a witness. And there is no longer a tail on JM. DB comes in, asking JH to join for a drink.

IY asks YR in the upstairs library - "I heard you met DM?". YR: "I knew it. So fast!". IY: "Has Mother sensed it?". YR: "No, she actually knows everything". IY slumps to a chair. YR says that HM sat her down at her office earlier. She was so scared she could die. IY: "How far does she know?". YR: "Everything from the start". She asked DB for the hospital and found out from there. YR had to tell that she acted unawares only because IY begged her. And she told HM that JH knows too. YR: "Before DB finds out, you need to leave from here. There is no time". IY says she knows that. But she needs just a little more time. Just a little. YR says she should leave for now. She can get IY whatever she wants from the family. YR: "The one who stole the ultrasound drill must be the criminal behind Uncle's death and JM's incident, right?". IY asks how she knew of this. YR doesn't answer but says - "Who is it that you're suspecting?  I will help you get out. Tell me everything you know... The only one you can trust in this house is me. I have done everything for your sake. You won't trust me?".  Then YR says, "Plus, there is one person I suspect". IY: "Who is it?". YR: "I told you before, you know". IY: "Is it perhaps...", and she is interrupted by DB bringing the bottle in and asking, "what are you both doing here?" [End of Episode] 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 85 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.00)

YR tells DB that she and IY were only talking about IY's trip to the showroom with HM earlier today. YR and IY go away, leaving DB to wonder what they were really talking about.

Back in her room, IY thinks to herself - "if the criminal is DB, then the one who had the folder phone was DB. If SeonHwa was the first saved number on the folder phone, how come she told me this?" She sits down to tells herself in her mind - "Kim In Yeong, get a grip on yourself. You cannot trust anybody".

JH asks DB why he handed over the online showroom plan to him, and DB says it was because he thought JH would be better with it; no other reason. JH says that DB doesn't have to take anything to have changed just because he is not a real brother - "you rose to your position on your own abilities". DB then asks about SJ's family. JH says he is trying to help them. He has sent private security for JM. But JH thinks the earlier assault and the hit-and-run now are not accidents but were done deliberately by somebody. DB says nothing.

HM recalls IY saying it was tough for her to be alone after her mom and dad died, then remembers JH asking her not to conceal anything even if it is tough for her to tell him, and then DB telling her that BS and JH would be disappointed if they were to know that "she was like that" (probably more like "what you did" but not quite, as I said earlier).

Maid Nam tells YR ad HM in the kitchen that IY had left for work early in the morning, after YR tells HM that IY may not have got up yet.

JH calls the private guard, who updates him that nobody is following JM. The tail gas been totally pulled back. JH asks the guy to continue for a few more days.

IY calls SG to talk about the store opening, and SG tells her about meeting the Foundation CEO (HM), and getting a call from the cops when they met. IY asks who called first to meet. SG says that it was HM, who wanted to talk about JM. IY asks for the time of the meeting. After lunch, says HM. After the call, IY thinks, "She immediately met my mom after meeting me. Why would she?". She recalls HM asking her what kind of a woman her mom was and saying the popular wisdom that "a guy should first look at the mother in law to know of his bride".

IY goes to YR, who is on the phone with BS talking about going to eat with him and JH. She asks YR if she wasn't suspecting DB, in what she said last night in the upstairs library. She wants to know if YR knows anything. YR says she heard only yesterday, from DM, that the ultrasound drill was from SJ, and also about JM's assault incident. Then she can only think of DB who might have done it, perhaps to become the successor during the time when JH was away. (This was a bit surprising to me, and it must be some sort of a complicated game from YR in which she first makes IY think of YR to only have JH's interests in mind, and no connection to DB. But YR may have also screwed up, not knowing the importance of the folder phone's connection to her - which IY brings up right away)

Now IY tells YR that the one who asked her to call the folder phone owner at that time, was JM. YR: "I already said I don't remember". IY tells her that it was when JM was going to meet the folder phone owner that he got assaulted. She considers that person to be the one who did that to SJ and JM. IY: "If DB was the criminal, why would that phone have your number as the 1st number stored?". YR: "Who knows... It was before I joined the company, so DB wouldn't know my mobile number". IY: "Really?". YR says nothing more, and leaves, saying she has to meet BS.

Mr. Jeon tells DB that JH doesn't seem to be giving up. DB says he expected that. DB: "I told you... that it was all Director Kim's doing". He repeats to Mr. Jeon that all responsibility on the ultrasound drill was on Director Kim. DB: "If somebody has to have responsibility, shouldn't it naturally be Dir Kim?". He wants no traces to come back to him. And Director Kim himself comes in, asking to go for lunch, as Mr. Jeon is looking very uncomfortable with the whole game. They walk out and run into BS, JH and YR.  Mr. Kim says they should all have lunch together sometime.

Episode 85 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.30 to 22:00)

A usual one-minute time-filler scene with CH and SG talking about their food business. Nothing serious.

HM is in her car, near SG's house, watching SG and JM waking. She is worrying about what DB would do if he hears of IY's identity and fake pregnancy. She thinks - "It would be dangerous to IY. Before DB finds out, she has to be sent out somehow".

IY is waiting in JH's office and tells him about the cops having a witness to the hit-and-run on JM, even before answering his "have you eaten lunch?" question. He says he knows it already, as he got a report from the private guard. IY: "Then, do you know who is getting JM followed?". JH says he is not fully sure (which we know is mostly a lie). IY: "That means you do know of somebody, right?". He says he will make it more sure before telling her. As she is about to plead with him, she gets a call from HM saying, "I need to talk to you quietly. Meet me at my office". IY tells JH that HM knows of the fake pregnancy. JH is concerned on what she can do. She says she will admit her fault, beg, and do whatever it takes to get past this. He asks if that would work. She says she has to try, whether it works or not, and leaves.

IY kneels down in front of HM and says, "I did wrong, Mother". HM: "So what was the wrong you did?". IY: "Lying that I was pregnant. Then lying again about losing the baby, to not get caught. It was all my wrongs". HM: "Why did you do that?" IY: "I love DB. I wanted to be with him". HM: "To lie and make use of the heart of the one you love. That is no love. It is clearly fraud. You came to our house, pressuring us with a fake pregnancy. If you really loved DB, what was the need to cheat him? DB being man from a rich family, you did it, wanting a good life, right? Was it because he is the first son in the Taeyeon Group that you trapped him ? How can anybody do this? After you cheated DB just for your comfort, what can you do about the pain of deceit you inflicted on him? Did you even have a thought about the father who was so sincere to you?". IY says sorry again, but HM continues to unload on her. IY then says she was continuously feeling sorry to HM and BS., which only yields more tongue-lashing. IY: "I liked you Mother and Father so much that I couldn't say anything, for fear being kicked out". HM: "You like us, you say?"... She doesn't even know what to say.

HM take a deep breath and asks if that is really all there is. IY acts like that is all. She got greedy, knowing that DB was the first son of the Taeyeon family. IY: "As one who doesn't even have parents, I know I shouldn't have looked so high. As DB liked me, I thought that just managing to get the parents approval was enough, so I deceived DB with a fake pregnancy. If DB stopped loving me, he would abandon me, I feared. So I wanted to have him, even if it's in this way". (of course, HM knows that the orphan part of this is all a lie, as we know!). HM: "No need to talk much. You know the mistakes you made, so you leave on your own, quietly. Don't tell anybody, and disappear right away!". Now IY holds HM's legs and begs for forgiveness. She will live her life just like HM wants, but just forgive her just this once. IY just yells at her - "why are you doing this to us?", blah blah... IY says she will tell everything to DB when it's time.

Now HM asks if it's money that she wants. She calls her "in Yeong ah" in  a conciliatory tone and says she can give IY whatever she wants if she leaves. Fine if she wants to go abroad without DB's knowing it. She will take care of her for as long as she wants. "Leave! For God's sake, leave from our house". (At this point IY is a bit puzzled too, about HM's reaction - as we can see).  HM: "If DB finds out, I can't guarantee what he will do! So, please, leave quietly". IY keeps begging and crying.

JH calls IY but she isn't picking up the phone.

We get a welcome respite from all the serious stuff, with an aunt scene. CH's back and legs are hurting after being on her feet all day for the shop opening. SG asks if her mouth isn't hurting (haha). CH herself agrees that the mouth never gets tired. CH complains that nothing came from the Foundation madam for the opening, even after seeing SG with more talk of helping JM. But SG's meeting with HM is news to JM. He gets very upset and yells at his mom for even meeting HM about him. He will study with his own money. SG is sad, and DM is  no happy that JM over-reacted and yelled at his mom.

Episode 85 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 22.00 to Episode End)

The P&D team members are wondering where IY went. JH comes out and says she went to a subcontractor meeting. Mr. Jo wonders why she wouldn't tell that to him but directly go to JH. He gets into his "Jospatch" act, suspecting that there is something going on between JH and IY. The other two don't agree. In comes YR, asking if JH and IY both left together. Mr. Jo said IY was gone and JH just left. She can catch him if she goes down now. YR leaves before he could finish it, and Mr Jo goes, "something smells" though the other two feel no such olfactory sense now. YR goes down to the parking garage and sees JH leaving in a hurry. She gets into her car to follow him.

SG is in the courtyard, looking sad about JM's outburst. CH comes and cajoles her to go in, to end the mom-son friction. And IY looks through the gate at the family inside the living room.

IY comes to the Taeyeon house, looks at the house with tears in her eyes, and turns back to go away.

JH is looking everywhere for IY.

IY calls SG from a park bench near the house. She can hear from SG's voice that she was crying, and asks her why she did. SG doesn't tell her why. She just misses IY and her dad. IY says the usual things like she wants her mom to live with her. She wants to lean on SG, and can't do without her. SG wants her to marry and live with her own kids. IY says she won't get married. SG tells her about how great married life is, like she had with SJ and the two kids. She talks about how nice the dad was. But she hates him. She would rather he was less nice, but would live a long life. IY agrees and tears up - "yes, he should've lived a long life". Mom asks the daughter to come back soon, and the daughter says she will. 

They hang up, and IY is crying buckets when she hears JH say, "Why did you come all the way here, only to sit here, unable to go in?". He says he came there after thinking of where she would want to go most, to be able to cry. JH: "Leave it to me, and you go back to your mom". She can only weakly shake her head to say no. JH: "Please, stop it right here" IY: "I can't do that. Please don't worry about me, and don't come looking for me. Please be like you don't know any woman like me". She tries to leave and is pulled back and hugged. JH: "How can be like I don't know? Just the thought of you makes me worry to death. I am sorry, for leaving you to become like this. I am really sorry. Because I love you". IY can only close her eyes and be lost in the comfort of his protective hug. [End of Episode]

Episode 86 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 11.30)

YR, who had followed JH, watches JH hugging YR from her, has fire in her eyes, and just leaves, all mad.

YR and JH sit on a park bench and have a chat. She wished it was all a nightmare and wanted to die, earlier. JH wants her to leave it all to him to handle and go back to her mom. He tells her that it was a wrong path right from the start on this. She knows it, but had no other choice, she says. JH: "What are you going to do?". IY: "Mother still doesn't seems to know who I am". JH thinks HM is not the problem here. She asks if he is suspecting DB. He is sure that CG was behind JM's getting followed, but it is still not sure who the person behind CG was. She tells him that it is clear that DB was behind Director Kim in the ultrasound drill matter. The one who met her dad at the Yangpyeong work shed would also more probably be DB than Director Kim. Now JH asks if she is suspecting DB, but she says she has to find clear evidence on that. JH again asks her to leave it to him, but she says whether she handles it or not, she has to clear up the ill-fated relationship with DB that was of her own making.

YR asks HM what she is going to do about IY. HM says she is going to let her leave quietly. YR asks if it isn't better to tell DB, but HM says they can't. She can't say what he will do. She also tells YR that she was badly disappointed in her too. She warns her of not disappointing her anymore.

CH sees SG unable to sleep, and asks her to stop worrying about IY. If SG is so worried, why not make a trip to Namhae, she asks.

JH brings IY home. She says she will anyway be leaving from the house, so she would actually feel better to get hated by HM for now. He waits, as she goes into the house.

Inside the house, IY tells HM that she will tell DB the truth. HM: "So, if he says fine, you will just stay?". She tells IY to not tell him, because he will not let it go, knowing his nature. IY asks for a bit more time, but HM says no. Leave right away.  And JH comes in. HM asks IY to talk to her privately, but JH asks IY to go up, and says that he knows about her being tired from all the work.

Upstairs, DB tells IY that he was worried when she didn't call all day, and she apologizes. JH comes up. DB asks if they got back together. IY says no, and DB says yes. Then JH corrects himself that he saw her in front of the house and so they came in together.  DB goes with IY to her room, and asks her not to work too hard. She wants to rest, and he wants one hug. Once again she stops him from hugging her. He leaves, pretty annoyed, back to his room.

JH is still standing in the upstairs lobby just like that. YR comes out of her room and asks him to have a chat. They go outside, and she tells him that she knew about IY's being the woman he had in his past. He asks her how she knew. She tells him that it would be unusual only if she were not going to know it. She knew that the Yangpyeing woman was all he had in his mind all along.  And she always saw how he was looking at IY. The kind of look YR had never got from him. How would she not figure it out? BS, HM and DB do not know yet, and only she knows. He tells her that he had not intended to hide it. He also knew only recently. She says she knew that too, as she had confirmed it with IY herself. IY has told her that it was all in the past and that the relationship itself was nothing much then. So she was going to act unawares and give them time. But she had just followed JH, seeing him take off from work in a hurry. YR: "From what I see, there is no way you two are over".

Episode 86 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 11.30 to 21:00)

HM is up late at night, thinking. BS gets up and asks her what is wrong. She just says she is thinking of this and that. She will tell him later. (He seem to be getting a clear sense that something is up).

IY is about to leave, telling BS and HM that she has to go for some site work early. HM says coldly that she shouldn't be leaving without even having breakfast. Then JH comes down and they leave after he says that he needs IY to go with him to a briefing at a partner firm for which the chief designer is needed.

YR is mad to see them leave together, and goes back up to tell DB that those two left together. She complains that they are "openly sticking to each other now". DB asks her to watch her words. They are just working together. YR: "But you look more upset than me. Isn't that right?". She asks him to move IY to another office or whatever, and somehow stop IY from sticking close to JH. "Because it really bothers me," she says.

At the office garage, IY thanks JH. He tells her that the temporary arrangement (between her and HM, I think) won't continue for too long. She says she knows that. He asks tenderly if she got any sleep. Like he said last night, she shouldn't do dangerous things by herself from now on. She worries if he and HM will be fine. He doesn't want her to worry about him.

JM apologizes to his mom for getting mad at her last night. She says she is the one sorry, for not doing enough for him. But she wants him to stop doing his temp work, graduate soon, and start working to take some load off IY.

On the way to work, JM tells DM that his mom was crying and that he should be doing more than he is. DM asks him not to feel that he caused anything. He was a victim in all this. He agrees not to blame himself. Then DM sees the private guard from JH, gets scared and runs off with JM.

Mr. Jo gets a text from we-know-who and leaves from the office with the usual rest room excuse. Ms. Ha wonders if he isn't acting funny. IY gets a text from DM.  She goes to the stairwell and calls DM to let her know that it was the private guard sent by JH.

DB asks Mr. Jo about how all the heavy work is going in the P&D office, and then about how JH and the chief designer were doing. Mr. Jo thinks that they seem to have got very close again after the Hanbit issues got fixed. He even suspects a workplace romance. Even his fiancee YR had worried that those two left work together and ran after him yesterday!...  Now DB is really worried.

Maid Nam asks HM if she is okay and confirms that she doesn't need to go to the hospital. She then thanks her for the help on her sister's farm real estate matter in the US.  HM says she didn't do anything, and asks her to thank YR.  Maid Nam then starts saying, "but, you know..." and then decided against telling HM what she thought of saying. (Clearly she has some clue on YR's grandma story, and we hear something in the Ep 87 preview at the end too. Yes! Finally!!)

In her office, YR has her thinking cap on, and she asks herself the question that JH and IY should be asking - "why is HM asking that this shouldn't be told to DB?"

@jayakris Thank you for your recaps! I am up to date on the episodes and can't wait to see your translation on part 2 of the latest one.

All I have to say about that is YR is really something else and her actions will only result in IY and JH sticking together. She is so envious of IY that she isn't thinking clearly and acting desperately to get her out of the way. No spoilers but if she thinks her action at the end of the episode will help then she's in for a huge surprise because this will only make JH fight harder to have IY by his side.

As for HM, I am so glad for the clarification in the recap concerning her worries about what DB could potentially do to IY when he finds out about her lies. I was under the impression that she wanted IY out of the house  only because she was trying to prevent that the secret of her father's death from being exposed but it seems like she is genuinely concerned for IY's safety. Which begs the question...what exactly happened to IY's father and what does HM know about it? Was she a witness and did she cover up the crime? Whatever happens from now on, things are not looking good for that family and the secrets may end up destroying them. I only worry about JH who may or may not have regained his eyesight because of IY's father... something tells me the truth will crush him. 

It's quite funny to watch HM's acceptance of YR regardless of the fake pregnancy incident. She has no idea both potential DILs pulled a con on the family even if it was for different reasons. She may collapse when she discovers YR's true identity and her partnership with DB.

Episode 86 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 21.00 to Episode End)

HM comes to JH's office. She wants to know if JH knew about the IY matter.  Isn't that why he seemed to help her out yesterday and this morning? JH just says sorry. HM: "Don't you even think of your brother?". JH says it is to avoid a shock to DB that he is doing this. HM doesn't agree. She thinks it will only be a bigger shock if the fake pregnancy comes out. It is better for her to leave urgently, in her view. JH then asks her to give IY some time. HM: "Time for what?" JH: "For her to patch up". HM: "She said this?... that she needs time?". JH says that she started this, so she should fix it herself. She thinks that's the courtesy she needs to show DB. HM is against it. Knowing the things IY has done, she can't tell what other lies she would tell DB to con him, if she is given time. JH says she won't do that. HM: "Look at that! She has brought even you to her side". She says she hates IY. She hates her guts. She doesn't want JH to speak for IY. It's not anything that JH to step up for. HM says she will handle this. He should just act unawares. She leaves after saying bye to the staff and to an IY who comes in right then and says a "hello".

HM texts IY to come out for a chat outside. HM: "You cheated DB. Then YR. Now you're on to JH too? Do you need to do this to everybody who likes and trusts you?". IY: "I am sorry". HM: "If you are sorry, just leave. It's hell for us to even see each other, right? You are cheating the whole family, lying all day. You do things you shouldn't, and make me do what I shouldn't either. So just leave, forget everything and just live your life. I'll give you whatever you need". IY: "Please give me a bit more time". HM: "Time for what?". IY: "I need to wrap up by myself the issue I created". HM: "What on earth do you need to wrap up?". IY: "I have to confess the truth to DB and beg for forgiveness". HM: "So then, if HM forgives you, you can just stay?". IY: "No. I will be leaving". IY: "Don't do that. We can't say what DB will start on". She wants IY to not talk about the pregnancy or anything at all, and just leave quietly. HM leaves, saying she will take it as IY will be doing so.

JM tells DM that the guy wearing a black suit was even at his school. He asks if DM is sure that he was sent by IY. He thinks it must be costing her a lot of money to send somebody. (So, DM had told JM that it was IY who sent the guy! I swear, I have never seen a drama where as many lies were made. I mean, a big majority of dialogs are simply flat out lies!!). Anyway, now DM does tell him that the guy was sent by JH whom JM had met earlier. JM is puzzled why a Taeyeon guy wold do that. DM says she doesn't know, but that he is trustworthy, as per IY. He was somebody who had become blind around the time when JM's dad died. DM: "She says we should trust him, so I guess we should. So let's trust him and wait".  And the aunt comes in to do more of match-making, asking DM about what day would be good for the blind-date she wants DM to go on. DM tells, more for JM to hear, that she is fine with any day that the aunt sets up.

CH finds SG packing a bag, saying she will be going to Namhae tomorrow, after making the side-dishes in the morning. She wants CH to handle the store and keep it quiet from DM and JM. The aunt also wants to go, but knows that SG won't take her. (More confusion coming! To what address is she going, we wonder?)

YR and JH are at a cafe. JH: "I'm not planning on anything with JH. Please believe me and wait". YR asks what she should wait anymore for. JH says that IY is not in a good situation now. YR: "Worse than mine, when I have to see the man I love to only be having his eyes on her?". She says she waited all along thinking they would both end it, as she is his brother's woman. She trusted them and held things in. She knows that even his asking her to go to US with him was because he was finding it hard to stand seeing IY with DB. So she waited for his mind to change and come to her. But this is really painful for her, to see them together all the time at work and at home. Painful like her heart is being pried out. IY: "But I guess this is rather fortunate. I can just tell Mother about the past you both have, and things can be settled fast". JH says that things will get more complicated if HM were to know. He says they will break up, so he just wants some time. YR says she thinks she has given JH more than enough time. She too won't take it anymore.

DB finds JH in the upstairs library and asks if something is worrying him. JH says no. DB: "Something is worrying me though". He asks JH for a favor. He wants IY to be transferred to the overseas projects office. He talks about the office rumors about JH nd IY, which JH says he didn't know about. DB says he hates hearing the rumors. JH doesn't say anything.

IY is reading a book, and YR asks where JH is. IY: "Why do you ask me about that?". YR: "I thought you would know for sure". IY gets upset and tries to leave, and YR holds her back. YR: "What is the reason for you to remain in this house? Perhaps it's not because of your dad but JH?". Now IY just goes to her room without saying anything. And YR seems to have decided that she has finally had it.

YR goes to HM, who asks what it is that YR said she wanted to talk about quietly. YR: "There's something that I could not tell you before. I was not deliberately trying to conceal it. I thought it won't be just JH and me, but everybody, who would have a hard time if I were to tell you. So I thought I'd just hold it in by myself".  HM: "What is the issue?". YR: "There was a woman that JH liked when he was at the Yangpyeong villa".  HM: "A woman? What is this you're saying?". YR: "That too, they were very close. The woman JH  was in love with... was In Yeong". HM: "What?? Is that true?" [End of Episode]

5 hours ago, tinatrix236 said:

It's quite funny to watch HM's acceptance of YR regardless of the fake pregnancy incident. She has no idea both potential DILs pulled a con on the family even if it was for different reasons. She may collapse when she discovers YR's true identity and her partnership with DB.

Yeah, she is going to keel over and die, when she hears of an even bigger scam (that too with no honorable reasons, and just money in mind) that YR has pulled.

The way the drama has sequenced the drip-drip-drip nature of the revelations has been masterful.  I don't know if there has ever been a drama with such a complicated set of lies and scams.  We saw way back, some 30-40 episodes ago, the thing with Maid Nam's sister in the US, and now, just at the right time, it seems that they are about to start off the revelations on YR. How sweet, that it seems to be IY who gets wind of it from Maid Nam (based on the Ep 87 preview).  I would love to see IY using that piece of info to put a choke-hold on YR and make her squirm!   Let us see how this transpires.

Thanks for the continued recaps @jayakris.

What a foolish thing YR did out of jealousy. At least with no one knowing of the past relationship of IY and JH she could have still had this man sacrifice and marry her perhaps out of guilt. As it stands now that she allowed her emotions and jealousy to run out and told something she should have kept to herself she in my opinion has just messed herself up in getting JH.  What she does not get is JH is not going to allow IY to be hurt and IY will not let JH be hurt. She has taken away the boundary that kept them from being together with her jealousy.

What reason did she think to tell that IY and JH were an item at the villa would do for her. Pushing JH to let go of IY and forcing IY out is only going to make her own dirt come out eventually. IY has no reason to withhold who YR once was and what she did. Her spitefulness will only lead to DB learning of what IY did  to him the wrong way. Not that any way he heard it he would take it well. I have never seen a more needy man and he is not going to take it well that IY tricked him and that there was no baby but also that JH and IY use to be an item. DB is already jealous of JH so finding out that the woman he loved was once with the younger brother and loved by her is going to blow up.

@tinatrix236

I am unsure if HM was the one to cause the man to collapse or was a witness to what caused him to collapsed or if she did something that ensure that the man's eyes ended up with JH but she is definitely hiding something and scared of what DB could do to IY. That shows me that she may have seen DB kill or harm someone. Not sure if it was JS or JH but she knows what he is capable of for her to be so concerned.

IY should have just told the woman why she came into that house and not pretended it was to trick DB because of wealth. Perhaps learning that she was investigating what happened to her father, her brother and that drill would have had HM be a bit more understanding and help her but now YR has gone in to further add fire to a complicated situation. I am truly hoping that who YR really is and what her real intention was towards JH gets revealed soon. Mostly I want JH to tell her H E L L no to a wedding even out of guilt of filial petty to his family. YR went the route to out his past relationship with IY so the price she pays is for her to not get what she was plotting for. Sure we saw that IY and JH still love one another but both where trying to walk away from one another after they found evidence and she just messed that up for herself. JH will for sure want to protect IY at all cost now.

Argh!!!  No episode was aired today, as former president Lee Myung Bak was being questioned over corruption charges and MBC went into news coverage mode.  Man, Korea is a country of dramas in real life too.  I believe this makes every living Korean president to have ended up being convicted, charged or caught in corruption inquiries.  One ex president committed suicide by jumping off a cliff.  I mean, prosecutors doing press conferences and chaebol chairmen being brought on wheel chairs to court, etc, are a regular sight in the news programs on KBS and MBC, not just in Kdramas.

@jayakris Thanx for your constant translation to this lengthy drama. It looks like it would end in two weeks time, if it is as scheduled a 100 episodes drama. Does not seem to imply any result from Im Young digging..? JH got some clues as to the culprits and it seemed to point towards those close to him. Wonder if he will revealed to IY when the truth surfaced ..? Very unlikely since, he too gained from IY father's death. Their love will have an abrupt end by the look of it. As you said it, there are too many layers of lies spinning in this drama, layers of it. Who will get trap in the web of lies first ...? IY or YR ...? DB and HM will follow like dominos effect, I feel.

Btw, the lead is Seo Do Young right ..? I just realised that he was the guy who made Spring Waltz famous. Or rather he rose to stardom from this drama. He sang Flowers, a very heart breaking song, the OST of Spring Waltz. I have seen him in a few daily drama actually, just realised that he is not young, in his late 30s. 

4 hours ago, shebagirl said:

@jayakris Thanx for your constant translation to this lengthy drama. It looks like it would end in two weeks time, if it is as scheduled a 100 episodes drama.

I think it is cheduled for 120 episides, so we have about 6 weeks to go, as far as I know,.

Unfortunately, as I had warned a while ago, I have to travel abroad for the next two weeks.  No idea if I will have internet connection to be able to watch the next 10-12 episodes and give recaps (I think internet isn't free at the houses I expect to be staying in at my native place in India).  But I will try my best.  Sorry about that.  Otherwise, I hope to catch up as fast as possible from April 1st onward and hopefully be caught by the last 10 episodes or so.

Just a couple of items on what Maid Nam has found, in Ep 86 and 87 

Spoiler

Maid Nam's sister wanted to thank the grandma for help in suggesting the real estate agency and asked them for contacts. It is a Diana Kwon, who us known in the Korean expat community since the 70s. But she has a 40 year old daughter and a 9 year old grandson, from her enquiries with others. No granddaughter by the name YR. Maid Nam only tells IY about this, to do further checks.

IY got Maid Nam to photograph the call record on YR's phone by calling YR out when Maid Nam went to her office to thank her for the help for the US sister. This stuff is about to get serious, as IY seems to connect that earlier conversation by YR in the stairwell with DB, where she acted like it was a phone call.

Okay,  looks like I can do 3-4 episodes during my trip abroad.  Here goes...

Episode 87 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 12:00)

YR tells HM that the woman JH was in love with, was IY. He found it only a while ago, on that day he came home drunk. YR thinks that was why he thought of leaving to the USA with YR. HM is shocked, and YR has a smile on her face as he walks out of the room, thinking to herself - "Good job, Yu Ran. You possess nothing, so you're only doing this for survival".

DB tells IY that he has asked JH to transfer her to the overseas projects office. She looks not too happy though she smiles and says she wanted to finish the apartment work, etc. He says somebody else can do it... "If you have no other reason, that is", he says as he walks out.

BS finds HM unable to sleep at night and walking out. He knows that something is up.  She thinks to herself - "It could be anybody else in the world, but you and IY is not a possibility. No way".

Maid Nam brings the bitter pregnancy tonic, but agrees to help out IY by not telling HM that she didn't drink it.  She sits down and asks for IY's help in something.  Her sister in the US wanted to thank YR's grandma for help in suggesting a California real estate agency, and so asked the agency for her contacts. But the grandma turns out to not have any grand-daughters but only a 40 year old daughter and a 7 year old grand son. The old lady is a Ms. Diana Kwon who has been prominent in the Korean expat community since the 70s as a real estate mogul, so there cannot be another one that YR is talking about. Maid Nam doesn't know if she should tell HM or not. IY said it could be unfair to YR to do that without further evidence, so she agrees to find out more for Maid Nam.

IY goes to YR and tries to find out if YR's grandma has any other family. She is curious if such family wouldn't object to YR being adopted as a grand-daughter, especially on property inheritance etc. She says she is just wondering if it isn't good for JH to know such details. YR says there is no issue, but gets annoyed at IY about her worrying about JH. IY says she is only worried about YR. Anyway, IY finds out nothing new here.

DB sees HM giving IY sharp glares as he leaves for work with IY. HM then tries to talk to JH, but he just leaves, saying YR seems to be unwell.

Just as the P&D team is whining about more work being put on them by the bonbujang (HQ chief operations officer), the bonbujang (DB) comes in. Mr. Jo changes his tune and thanks him for the opportunity. DB wants to take the team out for a lunch.  An uncomfortable lunch follows. Nothing serious here, so I will skip the details of the conversations.  DB does get  sense that the team looks at JH and DB as a pair of some sort.

Episode 87 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 12.00 to 23:00)

YR tells HM that she found out about IY and JH from when she happened to read the letters that JH had written for her. She plays the victim card, and HM is all sympathetic. She tells HM about feeling sad, and about the office rumors. HM asks her to take off to the U.S. with JH; so YR got what she wanted.

YR tells DB that HM wants her to go with JH to the U.S. DB is puzzled about why HM is doing it, considering the dad's condition. He doesn't think JH will agree, but YR thinks he will, if HM insists. She asks DB to trust her, but he is quite suspicious of it all.

IY sees YR coming out of DB's office. YR tells IY also that she is leaving for the US just as HM has asked her to. IY asks, "with Junhui ssi?" (like "Mr. Junhui"), and YR smirks at her not saying "brother-in-law". She says sarcastically that this was all thanks to IY.

DB is looking out the window, hears IY's footsteps, and thinks it is YR again. He asks "what is it, again? anything more to say?" in straight casual talk that he is not supposed to do with his sister-in-law. IY asks, "were you talking to me?" and DB explains it away like he thought it was some employee. IY can clearly see that DB and YR are close acquaintances, unlike what everybody thinks. IY gives him some online shopping file and looks at him suspiciously.  She goes out and recalls what Maid Nam said, and also the incident of YR saying to somebody in the stairwell (which IY was led to believe was a phone chat) - "if this goes on, we may get caught too" (where IY had noticed the use of the "we"). Now her suspicions are strengthening, as her face shows.

The motorbike guy who hit JM seems to be a school student who is a bit of a miscreant, as JM and SG finds out at the police station. His mother begs SG to let her misbehaving son go.  JH's private security guy also confirms to him that it seems to be just a school student who slipped and fell on JM.  That makes JH wonder - "so it was not CG's doing?"

CH whines that SG settled for some small money with that guy's mom. SG says she is leaving for Namhae and leaves. She texts IY that she is taking a taxi to Namhae. IY calls and tells her not to come. SG says she just needs the address. Then IY has to say that she is again in Seoul. She is not sure if she can come home, due to work. She will try to, depending on how the work situation is. SG goes back home.

Episode 87 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 23:00 to Episode End)

YR asks JH to go with her to the U.S. for just one year, because HM thinks that JH is in a riskier situation, than BS with his illness. JH asks what she means, and she says she has told everything to HM about JH and IY. JH gets upset that she didn't wait like he had asked, but she asks if anything will change in the way he looks at IY, just because of her waiting more. He says he cannot go right now to USA, and he isn't gong to go later either. YR tells him that he will have to go if he cares for IY, because HM won't sit idle after knowing everything about IY. If she makes a move, DB will end up knowing and so will BS, she says. JH says that this is why he asked her to wait. JH: "You don't trust me?". YR: "Right. I don't trust. I may trust you but not the romance in you. Because I'm the same too".

JH tells HM that he won't go to US. HM asks if it's because of IY, but JH says it has nothing to do with IY. She asks him to just go, whether it has to do with IY or not, as it is better for them both anyway. Then he tells HM that he met IY when he had decided to kill himself and was on his way to doing it. It was IY who made him want to live. He even hated getting his eyesight back after the surgery, as he couldn't see her. He says he has no plans with IY. He just wanted to help her, that's all. HM offers to do it on his behalf. She doesn't want DB to know, so JH should leave. JH asks what HM plans to do. She says she will help in whatever IY decides - whether it is to tell DB or whatever else. JH says he still doesn't want to leave, because of BS' illness. His illness isn't going to get much worse in a year, she says. If he is that really worried of BS, he should help settle the IY problem first. He can't lose both the sons because of IY.  Anyway IY won't live in that house long, so he should leave now and help wrap this up. JH doesn't have an answer (but doesn't seem like he is going to do what she wants).

HM tells BS that IY has to be sent out, and tells him of the fake pregnancy and miscarriage. HM is shocked, and looks troubled/angry.

JH texts IY to meet him in the upstairs library, and goes there. He finds DB sitting and reading there.  DB asks him to have a chat with him, but JH says he is tired and will do that later. DB gets suspicious, and comes out. He finds IY leaving from her room, saying she needs something from the convenience store. He offers to accompany her but she says there's no need. DB checks JH's room and doesn't find him there.

JH tells IY that YR now knows of their Yangpyeong story. Plus, she has told HM too. Just as she is worried like hell to hear that, DB calls her. He asks where she is. At the store, says IY. He asks if he should go over there to join her. She says she bought everything and will be back soon. DB says "In Yeong... I love you", and we see him standing and watching JH and IY talking, from a distance. [End of Episode]

Archived