[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

15 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Congrats my friend, you have reach the No Rules Level :joy: i think your Life Object is Ever Night Novel hahahahaah, the one you always keep on rubbing n touch :joy:

Hahahahhaa. You got me lost at rubbing! Hahahahhaa. And yeah, I think I have reach the No Boundaries level of cultivation now! Hahahahhaa. 

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

There are a couple more that is quite nice.....but it involved some reincarnation too....which i find nice....

The other one I was really interested too is the Princess Agent. I've watched the whole 1st season and as you all know, I love strong female character so this one got me hooked. I was disappointed because until now, there still no Season 2. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha yea i guess we are living in the modern world so having a strong female character kind of make us able to link with it...

Exactly. No more vulnerable female lead who can't do anything but be slapped and cried. Lol those were the old times. HahahA

• LOL 2

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

however seeing them sometimes does make me appreciate my life better and that i'm not living in that period any more where woman are treated like trash

You have a point. Basically, seeing all this historical drama made us realized how lucky we are for not  born during this period where life status is a must. Where slaves and treated inhumanely and killing people is just for fun.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thartie said:

Hahahahhaa. You got me lost at rubbing! Hahahahhaa. And yeah, I think I have reach the No Boundaries level of cultivation now! Hahahahhaa. 

The other one I was really interested too is the Princess Agent. I've watched the whole 1st season and as you all know, I love strong female character so this one got me hooked. I was disappointed because until now, there still no Season 2. 

"Rubbing" the gadget LOL aka scroll down scroll up #justLeaveIt LOL

I also have watched Princess Agent, beautiful story and casts but awful in middle-to-end plot which dragged low paced plot in the middle, rushed in the end and end up with clif hanger, and no s2 sigh.

Yes i also like strong female character that can survive in any kind of situation. That is why i like SS, she is a strong girl although she can not martial or cultivation.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

"Rubbing" the gadget LOL aka scroll down scroll up #justLeaveIt LOL

I also have watched Princess Agent, beautiful story and casts but awful in middle-to-end plot which dragged low paced plot in the middle, rushed in the end and end up with clif hanger, and no s2 sigh.

Yes i also like strong female character that can survive in any kind of situation. That is why i like SS, she is a strong girl although she can not martial or cultivation.

Yeah, thats what i thought. I did rubb ( scroll up and down ) my gadget! Lol Although, she can't Martial but she cultivate Buddha together with NQ. Oppps, spoiler alert. Lol. And yeah. She doesn't need to martial nor cultivate because her power of beyond limit. She can just flick her pinky finger and the whole EN world will turn into ashes. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i actually love the way she stood her ground with NingQue most of the times....while she knew that NingQue did most for her....and he take care and cant live without her....however she will not nego on the ground of letting another person in between the two of them....either ...he take only him and leave the rest alone or he can have them and not her at the same times....

Yes, agreed, she fight and stood for her thought, opinion and her man, she know what best for her self and of course for NQ, because she know him for life. That is what a strong woman is, like a wise person said, "behind a succesful man, there is a wise woman", she is SS.

7 minutes ago, thartie said:

Although, she can't Martial but she cultivate Buddha together with NQ. Oppps, spoiler alert. Lol. And yeah. She doesn't need to martial nor cultivate because her power of beyond limit. She can just flick her pinky finger and the whole EN world will turn into ashes. 

Ah hahahaah yeah in S2, ok spoiler alert LOL.

Ok i just imagine Thanos when you said SS can just flick her pinky finger and the world turn into ashes :joy: #myBad

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Yes, agreed, she fight and stood for her thought, opinion and her man, she know what best for her self and of course for NQ, because she know him for life. That is what a strong woman is, like a wise person said, "behind a succesful man, there is a wise woman", she is SS.

Ah hahahaah yeah in S2, ok spoiler alert LOL.

Ok i just imagine Thanos when you said SS can just flick her pinky finger and the world turn into ashes :joy: #myBad

Hahahhaa. You and me are meant to be. Lol! And yeah, Thanos, isn't his character was also adapted in the game Fortnite? Lol 

15 hours ago, n3bula said:

@Snow Guardian it is a shame that they play dirty to promote actors/actress. That kind of promotion has a negative effect on me. I'll end up disliking the character. Plus I think the actors should not allow that to happen. If you're talented there is no need for that. Oh well it is what it is. 

Yes those are horrible comments. SYR is charming, talented and pretty. She shines on her own. That NQ is a smart boy he chose the best girl :)

It is bad the companies play dirty this way but these dodgy dealings are done behind the scenes by people higher up the food chain. To be fair to the actors most of them do not have any control in situations like this so I try not to blame them too much as aggraating as it is.

3 hours ago, carbonara said:

speaking from the drama only, SS despite being highly intelligent just seems a bit naive and acts like a kid, she even says she doesn't like to think. on top of that she looks like a kid too  (of course i know that she/they are ~16/17/18). people probably find her boring because her personality is a bit lacking. SYR is much more cute in the behind the scenes vidso :wub: imo YHY is probably the most interesting of the 3, because of everything going on around her.

I don' think people find Sang Sang boring.  Sang Sang is very popular in despite how poorly the drama treated her character. One of the reasons so many fans are upset is because of the lack of screen time given to her character when she should be the most important person in the drama after NQ.  More character development would be great but that can't happen if the drama is barely giving her screen time or lines.  YHY is  a great character because she is so cold, ruthless, focused, she sort of respects NQ but also looks down on him. Disappointing this screenwriter can't just let YHY be an interesting and cool female counterpart to NQ like the book instead of creating a dumb crush on him too :rolleyes:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

i actually love the way she stood her ground with NingQue most of the times....while she knew that NingQue did most for her....and he take care and cant live without her....however she will not nego on the ground of letting another person in between the two of them....either ...he take only him and leave the rest alone or he can have them and not her at the same times....

This is why I admire SS. She doesn't give in to a man. She respects herself and gives him freedom to decide. Even though she doesnt do martial arts she is still powerful on her own. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

This is why I admire SS. She doesn't give in to a man. She respects herself and gives him freedom to decide. Even though she doesnt do martial arts she is still powerful on her own. 

A true respect for a fine lady. Oppressive but not possessive. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I don' think people find Sang Sang boring.  Sang Sang is very popular in despite how poorly the drama treated her character. One of the reasons so many fans are upset is because of the lack of screen time given to her character when she should be the most important person in the drama after NQ.  More character development would be great but that can't happen if the drama is barely giving her screen time or lines.  YHY is  a great character because she is so cold, ruthless, focused, she sort of respects NQ but also looks down on him. Disappointing this screenwriter can't just let YHY be an interesting and cool female counterpart to NQ like the book instead of creating a dumb crush on him too :rolleyes:

The lack of screentime and minimal dialogue is detrimental to her overall character development/growth but even w/ these shortcomings, which is at the fault of the writer, I adore SS. She's a well defined character, if not more so, has more personality than NQ. NQ's characterization irks me. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, n3bula said:

@epinklyn @Snow Guardian

Well she must be special to him if he treats her differently. I hope they continue being friends and perhaps act in another drama together. 

I want eng subs for Time teaches me to love. I did see in a fan video that SYR gets some kissing scenes. I was like SS what are you doing? :joy:

I am currently watching About Is  Love while waiting for Time Teaches Me To Love eng sub:lol: I am not prepared yet to see her kissing another man:joy:

8 hours ago, toninha said:

He looks like one of those kids that likes the girl but it's not very good with words so he thinks being naughty it's the way to get her attention lol

Well said, comrade. I also think the same thing:P

He always trying to get her attention by bullying her. Just like those high school students, lols. I believe SYR (SS) has left a deep mark in his mind/heart. Because EN was his first role as male lead and since he likes to read the novel very much and interested with NQ's character, so SS would definitely imprinted in his heart deeply. Just like our first love:D

8 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yes his butt, bcause my height is most likely the same like SYR 150ish cm, so i can only reach his butt :cry:, i will buy that Fu Zi long wood to hit him :joy:

HAHAHAHA:joy: I am imagining you holding a stick, running towards him and trying to reach him but only to his butt!!!!:joy::joy: standing on the chair and pull his ears is much better. 

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

I loved that she was so uncompromising about it too.  Sensible Sang Sang was even making sure to save money for herself in case anything happened.  Ms Sang Sang was not about be out there with empty pockets!

9 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

The lack of screentime and minimal dialogue is detrimental to her overall character development/growth but even w/ these shortcomings, which is at the fault of the writer, I adore SS. She's a well defined character, if not more so, has more personality than NQ. NQ's characterization irks me. 

Exactly.  It says a lot about the appeal of SS character and SYR's acting that SS is still so loved despite the weak writing in the drama.  I know what you mean about NQ. I think he is an interesting if not always likeable character on paper but I found the drama writing for him was very flat.  The drama never gave much of a feeling of character growth.  Despite everything that happened to him in the drama NQ felt like the same person at the beginning though to the end of the drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, raziela said:

I loved that she was so uncompromising about it too.  Sensible Sang Sang was even making sure to save money for herself in case anything happened.  Ms Sang Sang was not about be out there with empty pockets!

Exactly.  It says a lot about the appeal of SS character and SYR's acting that SS is still so loved despite the weak writing in the drama.  I know what you mean about NQ. I think he is an interesting if not always likeable character on paper but I found the drama writing for him was very flat.  The drama never gave much of a feeling of character growth.  Despite everything that happened to him in the drama NQ felt like the same person at the beginning though to the end of the drama.

I agree. SS character is loveable even without much screen time. SYR gets credit for doing and excellent job with what she was given. 

I hope that s2 does a much better job in character growth and development for our leads SS/NQ. After all s2 is all about them two. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, raziela said:

Usually when characters undergo some sort tribulation/trials, the experiences changes/mold the character to have a different peception not only about themselves but towards other characters. NQ just didnt get the proper development he needed, which shouldve happen during the wasteland arc and somewhat early on before he left, especially in his relation to SS.

I dont dislike his character but Im not fond of him either. He sounds more shameless/ruthless in the webnovel, but reading snippets about it here, his development in the book makes him more likable & appealing. I like morally gray/imperfect characters but it's important to show growth in the process.

There's this slight/odd inconsistency in characterization for NQ in the drama. I agree, he comes off as rather flat, mainly because his character growth is stagnant over the course of the drama. 

• Like 6

If the auntie dares to make a big change in the drama and out of the book contexts in s2, what is the different with a thief?? meaning, she steals other people's work/ideas by taking them in pieces and then modify the author's actual intentions, meanings, and interpretations of his works and put them into her owns work.

I dont think the auntie dares to ignore SS's characters and her roles this time (if we think logically). Otherwise, Mao Ni would throw a grenade into her house if that's true:joy: anyway, season 2 story is almost about them. I cant wait to see YHY and the Academy's people in actions!!:D

(Just my humble thoughts).

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

HAHAHAHA:joy: I am imagining you holding a stick, running towards him and trying to reach him but only to his butt!!!!:joy::joy: standing on the chair and pull his ears is much better. 

And i will end up just like SYR, being chased with more miserable condition :joy:

4324849721544419-weibo-1-1.gif

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

And i will end up just like SYR, being chased with more miserable condition :joy:

@epinklyn   THIS IS TOO MUCH. What you have done to me. 

My heart failed me! Now I want to ship them more than friends again!!:joy:

Yeah, he will surely chase you like how he chased SYR, perhaps with a big whole cake in his hand:joy::joy:

• LOL 5