[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

sugarplum892

If someone turned it into a RPG game, I would def play! I am now half way through the novel and oh boy, it is getting super good. The author Mao Ni is gifted in his witty humor and how he crafts his stories.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, stella77 said:

If someone turned it into a RPG game, I would def play! I am now half way through the novel and oh boy, it is getting super good. The author Mao Ni is gifted in his witty humor and how he crafts his stories.

I'm not a game person, but if this drama have a game I'm all in^^. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi everyone,

i’m new to this forum so forgive me if I’m not following the procedure very well, but I was wondering if anyone knows which chapter in the novel correlates with episode 46? Like now I can’t wait any longer and want to continue the story, from which chapter should I continue hahahaha

stay safe and healthy!

• Like 1

I decided to start this drama today as I am 3.5/4 of the way in the novel and waaaay after season 1. I just watched episode 1 and I can feel it is pretty authentic, funny, witty and goodness the cast director is awesome because the cast is so far spot on for their characters in the novel. What a strong start and little Fan Xian is a cutie and such a good actor too. I know that the show can’t adapt everything because the novel has tooooo much details and other side tidbits etc. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I decided to start this drama today as I am 3.5/4 of the way in the novel and waaaay after season 1. I just watched episode 1 and I can feel it is pretty authentic, funny, witty and goodness the cast director is awesome because the cast is so far spot on for their characters in the novel. What a strong start and little Fan Xian is a cutie and such a good actor too. I know that the show can’t adapt everything because the novel has tooooo much details and other side tidbits etc. 

You will like this show very much

i binge watched 4 days to complete the whole series ! Enjoy !!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, taekwang said:

You will like this show very much

i binge watched 4 days to complete the whole series ! Enjoy !!!!

Crazy!! LOL! But it is worth it yeah!!

5 hours ago, stella77 said:

Yeahhh welcome to the club!! I am confident that you will surely satisfied with the drama version! Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am now on episode 27 and the show has done so well re the casting, keeping the key characters authentic to the novel and great balance re humor and political games. The poem reciting battle was so well done and

Spoiler

Jang Gong Ju (Royal Princess) is truly as insane as in the novel. The only minor complaint is the decision to delay Chen Ping Ping in the show vs his role in the novel was from the beginning. This weaken the relationship between FX and CPP. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am now on episode 27 and the show has done so well re the casting, keeping the key characters authentic to the novel and great balance re humor and political games. The poem reciting battle was so well done and

Hide contents

Jang Gong Ju (Royal Princess) is truly as insane as in the novel. The only minor complaint is the decision to delay Chen Ping Ping in the show vs his role in the novel was from the beginning. This weaken the relationship between FX and CPP. 

Do continue watching all the way to the end. It’s funny, witty and the plots are very unexpected 

i enjoyed this show v v much

watched like 3x

and rewatched all the bts hundreds of times... 

my first time watching this male lead Zhang ruo yun in c drama

I hope they will film the next season soon :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 months later...

One of the best shows i've ever watched in my life. I regret watching it now though as i've to wait for 2 years now :(. Why didn't they make this show their priority and filmed all the seasons in one go. i'm sure it's the best project in all the peoples involved filmography. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

One of the best shows i've ever watched in my life. I regret watching it now though as i've to wait for 2 years now :(. Why didn't they make this show their priority and filmed all the seasons in one go. i'm sure it's the best project in all the peoples involved filmography. 

Fully fully agree with you

this show is just fantastic 

i rewatched it several times

i hope S2 will be filmed soon. It ended like that, making us so hung up right. Doesn’t do us justice at all 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, taekwang said:

Fully fully agree with you

this show is just fantastic 

i rewatched it several times

i hope S2 will be filmed soon. It ended like that, making us so hung up right. Doesn’t do us justice at all 

ML has 3 upcoming shows. So sad this will take forever to be released. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

ML has 3 upcoming shows. So sad this will take forever to be released. 

Zry? One currently shooting is Snow sword stride, and what others two?

48 minutes ago, Lynne said:

From tencent call announcement in August 02, JOL 2 production is confirmed. (poster on the right)

I think we can expect the drama to be out at least in 2022 if there's no delay... 

I am pessimistic it will out on 2022 though hiks..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, tothestars said:

Zry? One currently shooting is Snow sword stride, and what others two?

So he's done shooting Perfect Evidence and The Fated General?! I saw it in his MDL's page.

Do you mean it might not be released in 2022? :crymeme:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Seonhoyaa said:

So he's done shooting Perfect Evidence and The Fated General?! I saw it in his MDL's page.

Do you mean it's might not be released in 2022? :crymeme:

Hahaahha ic ic i thought two upcoming projects! Ok my bad, yes yes newest one perfect evidence and a long awaited fated general (same poor fate like the wolf hiks).

Hmmm the fastest one is 2022, but somehow i doubt it hmmm but hopefully yes!

After snow sword stride finish shooting in end of 2020, he might take a rest few months or weeks, playing with his daughter lol and in 2021 Q1 or Q2 start shooting JoL s2, so hopefully Q1 or Q2 2022 aired.

1 hour ago, Lynne said:

@tothestars LOL..... even if its longer at least we can be hopeful of a good quality drama... 

Yeap dont rush it, just gather the same team and make the best of it!

• Like 4

26th Magnolia Awards Congrats Wang Juan for Best Scriptwriter and Tian Yu for Best Supporting Actor!

s7sxfm0xozyo2ehx6gfb07r2.jpg

Tian Yu Awarding and Speech

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/164692178.html?weibo_id=4535402083389185

Screenshot-20200807-210946-Weibo-Intl.jp

Joy of Life Team

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/164692670.html?weibo_id=4535358630925064

Spoiler

Screenshot-20200807-211420-Weibo-Intl.jp

3fqcl8tk4rp4bux2fsengxcz2.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, Seonhoyaa said:

Because they contracted the writer (and he works alone iirc) for I think 6 projects, I don't know if separate season count as different projects either lol. But so far he's done 3, 4 if we count JoL s2. He likely started writing for JoL when it was airing. It's pretty on schedule at the moment. Half a year for script, half a year for pre-production (set, costume, actor scheduling especially), half a year filming, half a year post-production + getting NRTA + lining for airing. pre-production could overlap somewhat with script, and post production and stuff could take a year-ish.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, Seonhoyaa said:

Do you mean it's might not be released in 2022? 

Fated General was filmed before JoL s1 I think, Perfect Evidence was filmed last year. JoL s2 should be prioritised after Sword Snow Stride.

1 hour ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I think i can't move on. Is there a place where i can find all the BTS of the show?!  

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av45429190? slide the blue slider under the video to turn off the rolling comments, there's no subs though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3