Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

@matchamacchiato, thank you and i have actually updated LGX's profile page with his studio name info supplied by you.   I am also in the process of updating his endorsements so far but the info seems scattered about .  I know he's endorsing HLA, Mens Uno, Elizabeth Arden China and recently with ZLY in Xstep. Would you possibly hv additional info on his brand endorsements btw?  Trying to equip the profile page with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.

credit as tagged

I think he has a role now for Iqiyi as announced on 18/8. For anime. 

6 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Since he is not used to ppl praising him, most of his fans posted funny photos or his favorite statement 'i hate you' :)

You're a gem @cheeriekwan.  I like how he's so liberal minded especially at the Uno-Men event when fans teased him abt not working out lol.  He's just a cool and simple guy.

7 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

I think he has a role now for Iqiyi as announced on 18/8. For anime. 

Yes, LGX was recently added as a sponsor to promoto iQIYI perhaps due to overwhelming ratings of PA (and ZLY is their VIP sponsor right?). I actually wish to know what special privlleges a normal versus VIP sponsor have and mean. Wonder if PA being the highest viewed rating drama will that mean we may get to see LGX and ZLY winning awards end of this year?  Its end Aug so hopefully no new drama would surpass PA for this dream to come true right?

He's promoting the anime section?  Being a gamer himself its not surprising lol.

20 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Yes, LGX was recently added as a sponsor to promoto iQIYI perhaps due to overwhelming ratings of PA (and ZLY is their VIP sponsor right?). I actually wish to know what special privlleges a normal versus VIP sponsor have and mean. Wonder if PA being the highest viewed rating drama will that mean we may get to see LGX and ZLY winning awards end of this year?  Its end Aug so hopefully no new drama would surpass PA for this dream to come true right?

He's promoting the anime section?  Being a gamer himself its not surprising lol.

He was then asked what is his fav anime character. He refused to answer so that his fans wont get to buy it for him. 

My guess PA and the casts stand a good chance for popularity awards like Journey of Flowers in 2015.

12 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

He was then asked what is his fav anime character. He refused to answer so that his fans wont get to buy it for him. 

My guess PA and the casts stand a good chance for popularity awards like Journey of Flowers in 2015.

I like how he's so playful when interacting with his fans. Its a nice exchange of feelings.  Great to know there's a high chance LGX-ZLY will be on the same stage end of this year.

1 hour ago, cheeriekwan said:

@gentlelily12 

What are all these? What exactly am I like in your eyes?

Since he is not used to ppl praising him, most of his fans posted funny photos or his favorite statement 'i hate you' :)

Like it or not, your famous! At least more so recently. Lol LGX is a simple person I can see why he is overwhelmed by the praises and fan stalks.

1 hour ago, gentlelily12 said:

@matchamacchiato, thank you and i have actually updated LGX's profile page with his studio name info supplied by you.   I am also in the process of updating his endorsements so far but the info seems scattered about .  I know he's endorsing HLA, Mens Uno, Elizabeth Arden China and recently with ZLY in Xstep. Would you possibly hv additional info on his brand endorsements btw?  Trying to equip the profile page with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.

credit as tagged

As I read on weibo, his company is 林更新工作室. @matchamacchiato - hope you can confirm this.

21 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Ms google translated it as "Lin updated studio" lol.

Lol ...actually his given name 'Gengxin' really meant updated or newer. Google translate is not wrong :D Thats y ppl teased him whenever he has NEW gf.

It shd read Lin Gengxin Studio.

28 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Lol ...actually his given name 'Gengxin' really meant updated or newer. Google translate is not wrong :D Thats y ppl teased him whenever he has NEW gf.

It shd read Lin Gengxin Studio.

I really like the sound of "Lin Gengxin Studio".  Btw his name shd be spelt as Lin Gengxin or Lin Geng Xin?  Or Ling GengXin?

I read somewhere that his name also has some feng shui connectiivty as it would cause him to always seek newer things.  And as you say,  some say thats why he's always changing gfs (i am just skeptical abt him being a playboy though).

7 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

I really like the sound of "Lin Gengxin Studio".  Btw his name shd be spelt as Lin Gengxin or Lin Geng Xin?  Or Ling GengXin?

I read somewhere that his name also has some feng shui connectiivty as it would cause him to always seek newer things.  And as you say,  some say thats why he's always changing gfs (i am just skeptical abt him being a playboy though).

I think is Lin Ken Xin haha his Ken is more .... Xin is Singapore Xin 

I have yet to watch this drama...probably won't since I can't feel any chemistry between Yoona and LGX no matter how hard I try but damn!! This has to be my favorite picture of LGX! His face is flawless. His features are so beautiful, I am mesmerized. That stare he's got going on!!! *deep breath. He looks like he jumped out of  a video game he probably plays! :lol: 

IMG_8762_zpstzpwxrk0.jpgl

Just now, Melda Hung said:

I think is Lin Ken Xin haha his Ken is more .... Xin is Singapore Xin 

Am not good with chinese so not really sure lol, @Melda Hung.  Anyway, I thought Lin is his family surname.  Gengxin meaning newer.  I like how traditional chinese names connote certain virtues or characteristics that one hopes his/her child will exhibit which explains why the character used is very important.  

11 minutes ago, Nina Bina said:

I have yet to watch this drama...probably won't since I can't feel any chemistry between Yoona and LGX no matter how hard I try but damn!! This has to be my favorite picture of LGX! His face is flawless. His features are so beautiful, I am mesmerized. That stare he's got going on!!! *deep breath. He looks like he jumped out of  a video game he probably plays! :lol: 

l

@Nina Bina, so true.  I love LGX in God of War but its also true i cant feel any connection between the leads. It was quite hard to watch till the last episode really (unless you FF).

Spoiler

He needed an actress who could compliment his astounding acting skills imo.

Spoiler

Credit to @Melda Hung for the following Gifs from PA.  Thank you so much for always bringing us LGX goodies.

I am so in love with his YWY looking at this Gifs @Melda Hung.  I am reminded by his YWY trying to hide his feelings by being aloof and cold toward XE lol:

005xzJyxly1fio901qnybg30go09eqvd.gif

This is the best one, look at his expressive eyes, its between aloof and sexy:

005xzJyxly1fio8yum4yeg30go09eqv7.gif

005xzJyxly1fio8z115ywg30go09enpe.gif

005xzJyxly1fio8zgarrzg30go09ex6u.gif

credit as tagged

32 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Am not good with chinese so not really sure lol, @Melda Hung.  Anyway, I thought Lin is his family surname.  Gengxin meaning newer.  I like how traditional chinese names connote certain virtues or characteristics that one hopes his/her child will exhibit which explains why the character used is very important.  

Yeah Lin is his surname same like rubby lin ... jimy lin ... their surname is the same ... some dialect read it Lim ... hokkianese dialect we read it Lim

14 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Credit to @Melda Hung for the following Gifs from PA.  Thank you so much for always bringing us LGX goodies.

I am so in love with his YWY looking at this Gifs @Melda Hung.  I am reminded by his YWY trying to hide his feelings by being aloof and cold toward XE lol:

005xzJyxly1fio901qnybg30go09eqvd.gif

This is the best one, look at his expressive eyes, its between aloof and sexy:

005xzJyxly1fio8yum4yeg30go09eqv7.gif

005xzJyxly1fio8z115ywg30go09enpe.gif

005xzJyxly1fio8zgarrzg30go09ex6u.gif

credit as tagged

Thnks to post the pic coz im using handphone cant copy image add haha 

18 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

@Nina Bina, so true.  I love LGX in God of War but its also true i cant feel any connection between the leads. It was quite hard to watch till the last episode really (unless you FF).

Hide contents

He needed an actress who could compliment his astounding acting skills imo.

Hide contents

Yeah at god of war just focus seeing  his martial art :wub:  its cool

Archived