Quantcast
gentlelily12

Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

1 hour ago, cheeriekwan said:

I m jealous that the Iqiyi fanmeet event for William Chan is so grand today as compared to our LGX. I know the reason being WC is a VIP ambassador of Iqiyi but still feel sad cos the 2 events is just within a day.

I still cant figure out how to attach image from my mobile cos there is no copy and paste.:blink:

If the image is saved on your phone, you have to upload it to photobucket or some site like the one @cenching gave in a post on page 5, the rest of the direction she gave in a post on page 8.   As to the size of the fanmeet, look on the bright side.  LGX is not that comfortable with the swooning girls yet.  Give him some time to get cured of his shyness before throwing such a big crowd at him :D.

• Like 2

So it's not really a fanmeeting, but a game release event. No wonder I found it weird with the whole "fanmeeting" concept, it's just not LGX's style at all.:D Anyway, it's good he had some time spent with his fans. Now I wonder which kind of event can make him show up again. Also, should we have a round of applause for his teleport from Shanghai to Beijing? 

@gentlelily12 I remember you once asked what his studio name is. Sorry, things happened, I didn't have a chance to answer your question till now. It's 久亿梦工作室 which takes after his LOL nickname 九亿少女的梦 (dream of 900 million girls). B)

On 18/8/2017 at 7:02 PM, Nina Bina said:

Reading everyone's translation of his fanmeet I can't help but think...he doesn't do well with these type of events. He obviously is reluctant or nervous to give an answer if he could hardly look at a fan. 

As for his answer to the kiss scenes, this is the shot to kill any rumors of any potential between him and ZLY. Fair. This will give him the chance to move on and let shippers know he told them so. 

All in all, LGX is definitely not a people person so I think he does come off awkward at times. Although he jokes a lot, I think if you had his humor you would understand him a lot more if not you will question him and confuse yourself. Lol. 

I totally agree with you. Besides, have you finished watching the "Baby let me go" show? Which moments do you like most? I can't help laughing out loud every time I watch the most surprisingly exciting birthday ever episode. 

Cre: LGX VNFC (I find that they have many cute clips. Should we just write as credit part or should we ask for their permission to post them here?)

@yueyyo off-topic question: how many languages do you know? Just curious. So far, it's English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese. WOW, that's admirable. :o 

@The_Joker I find he's suitable for comedy genre. But at this time he still has to play various types of role to get more experiences. Actually, 29 years old is still young for a movie actor. I just hope he won't go down the road of idol dramas with repetitive roles. So far 2 dramas like God of War and Princess Agents are enough for me. They really pushed me to my limit. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

Actually, 29 years old is still young for a movie actor. One doesn't wake up after one night and act as well as Tony Leung Chiu Wai. LOL. I just hope he won't go down the road of idol dramas with repetitive roles. So far 2 dramas like God of War and Princess Agents are enough for me. They really pushed me to my limit. 

Me too looking forward to LGX taking on non idol drama.

Off topic. I have Huang Xuan in mind that is coming close to Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Waiting so hard for the release of Tribes and Empires.

• Like 3

@matchamacchiato I watched almost all the episodes from the beginning till LGX left the show. I think he was on 12 episodes right? not completely sure because at one point the video up-loader made it seem choppy, plus I can't read Chinese so I only followed the numbers on the video lol.Not sure if I watch every episode in order still. I had loads of memorable moments. I love his relationship with the little girl with the long hair, clearly she was his favorite, he would carry her, comfort her when she was mad and he even kissed her!! This girl is luckier then most of his costars! LOL. I love the camp episode most, watching LGX waking up in the morning, screaming is pretty hilarious! He has a very...high pitch scream XD. LGX is very good with the kids and he knows how to discipline them. At times, you see how chill he is in real life, he likes laying around a lot on the sofa XD. He will be a good father in the future.

• Like 3

On 17/8/2017 at 6:24 PM, ikigai said:

Sun Wukong is an iconic character in Chinese culture so it's not easy for actors to make it their own. Being recognized for his portrayal of the Monkey King certainly proves his versatility in various roles. 

So Commander Chen died in one of those hot balloon. It is a blink-and-you-miss-it moment. I was baffled because he disappeared just like Chu Qian's sisters 彡(-_-;)彡

Well, that's one of the reasons I don't really like that movie. They tried to cast every famous name they can touch but let their character died unremarkably. I was like :blink: :blink: when Zhang Hanyu's character died. 

@cheeriekwan I like Huang Xuan's features too. I've watched Tribes and Empires trailer. It's beautifully crafted and the CGI stuffs look stunning compared to other dramas, even reach the level of a fantasy movie. But it's too long, 80 episodes, I don't think they can achieve that good CGI all along to the end. Honestly, I always think CGI is a massive blackhole of Chinese cinema. Look at what they advertised of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms the Movie, and what they actually sold us. Besides, am I the only one has a feeling that Shawn Dou's character plot is exactly the same of YX's?

@Nina Bina Read your comment makes a flood of memories come back. LGX clearly didn't do well at first, he's so clumsy and even mean to the kids at some beginning parts, due to his first experience taking care of them. But he got to know them thoroughly to the point that he can guess what their wishes were. The little girl you mentioned is called Xue'er, she was the most mature among the babies. Maybe that's why he can reason with her at first. I love their interaction the most. 

18221631_1358564127552934_62313997784770 

Spoiler

18485762_1365336716875675_82870222968883

18447058_1365336846875662_23318892631369

18342381_1365336936875653_39533977986378

Cre as tagged.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

@cheeriekwan I like Huang Xuan's features too. I've watched Tribes and Empires trailer. It's beautifully crafted and the CGI stuffs look stunning compared to other dramas, even reach the level of a fantasy movie. But it's too long, 80 episodes, I don't think they can achieve that good CGI all along to the end. Honestly, I always thought CGI was a massive blackhole of Chinese cinema. Look at what they advertised of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms the Movie, and what they actually sold us. Besides, am I the only one has a feeling that Shawn Dou's character plot is exactly the same of YX's?

I dont think SD's character will turn evil. Not sure abt HX cos he is a half human. Haha...again on Hunan cant guess much.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nina Bina said:

@matchamacchiato I watched almost all the episodes from the beginning till LGX left the show. I think he was on 12 episodes right? not completely sure because at one point the video up-loader made it seem choppy, plus I can't read Chinese so I only followed the numbers on the video lol.Not sure if I watch every episode in order still. I had loads of memorable moments. I love his relationship with the little girl with the long hair, clearly she was his favorite, he would carry her, comfort her when she was mad and he even kissed her!! This girl is luckier then most of his costars! LOL. I love the camp episode most, watching LGX waking up in the morning, screaming is pretty hilarious! He has a very...high pitch scream XD. LGX is very good with the kids and he knows how to discipline them. At times, you see how chill he is in real life, he likes laying around a lot on the sofa XD. He will be a good father in the future.

U should watch episod 7 n 8 they went to fukuoka by luxury cruise hahaa ... i wonder that chubby girl that cried at 1st episod after LGX said ur mom doesnt want u anymore didnt appear anymore at 3rd episod ?

• Like 3

@matchamacchiato you are too kind.  I am fluent in Vietnamese because that's where my parents are from. Fluent in English because my parents immigrated to English-speaking country, learned Spanish because I got hooked to Spanish-speaking drama and since I took French in school it was not hard to learn Spanish.  I don't write much in Spanish but read and understand perfectly spoken Spanish as along as not too much colloquialism is used.  I can understand written French and Italian but the listening I still have to work on since they speak kind of fast and use a lot of slang.  Same with German but not as extensive of a vocabulary.  Learned Hindi but forgot a lot after not watching Bollywood movies for while now.  Can still recognize some of the Hindi writing but forgot most of it.  Started on Arabic but haven't found many movie to inspire and use as tool to help me to learn more.  Kind of got bogged down on the writing too so that slowed down the learning process.  I need multiple methods to learn.  If the writing is hard it tends to pose a problem  in how fast I can progress which is the case with Mandarin.  But I hope that will change since There's a lot more resources available now on the web and at the local library.  What can I say, language learning is a hobby.  I feel like knowing a language is gaining a new sense because you can understand what is written on a sign when you see it in the movie and I enjoy watching movies and international dramas.  Besides, it lessens the guilt of spending so much time on those activities if you learn something potentially useful while wasting so much time, especially if a drama ends the way PA ended :D. Sorry for the long exposition.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

Well, that's one of the reasons I don't really like that movie. They tried to cast every famous name they can touch but let their character died unremarkably. I was like :blink: :blink: when Zhang Hanyu's character died. 

@cheeriekwan I like Huang Xuan's features too. I've watched Tribes and Empires trailer. It's beautifully crafted and the CGI stuffs look stunning compared to other dramas, even reach the level of a fantasy movie. But it's too long, 80 episodes, I don't think they can achieve that good CGI all along to the end. Honestly, I always thought CGI was a massive blackhole of Chinese cinema. Look at what they advertised of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms the Movie, and what they actually sold us. Besides, am I the only one has a feeling that Shawn Dou's character plot is exactly the same of YX's?

I too think the overuse of CGI has taken away from the Chinese cinema.  I can't explain it but it seems they use too much of it and it starts to look like a video game instead of a cinematic work of art.  It definitely takes away from the acting and the presentation of the plot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

I too think the overuse of CGI has taken away from the Chinese cinema.  I can't explain it but it seems they use too much of it and it starts to look like a video game instead of a cinematic work of art.  It definitely takes away from the acting and the presentation of the plot.

Yes agreed with the overuse of CGI in drama nowadays. I usually take a break in between ancient dramas with some modern dramas. Will get sick watching in a row.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

@matchamacchiato you are too kind.  I am fluent in Vietnamese because that's where my parents are from. Fluent in English because my parents immigrated to English-speaking country, learned Spanish because I got hooked to Spanish-speaking drama and since I took French in school it was not hard to learn Spanish.  I don't write much in Spanish but read and understand perfectly spoken Spanish as along as not too much colloquialism is used.  I can understand written French and Italian but the listening I still have to work on since they speak kind of fast and use a lot of slang.  Same with German but not as extensive of a vocabulary.  Learned Hindi but forgot a lot after not watching Bollywood movies for while now.  Can still recognize some of the Hindi writing but forgot most of it.  Started on Arabic but haven't found many movie to inspire and use as tool to help me to learn more.  Kind of got bogged down on the writing too so that slowed down the learning process.  I need multiple methods to learn.  If the writing is hard it tends to pose a problem  in how fast I can progress which is the case with Mandarin.  But I hope that will change since There's a lot more resources available now on the web and at the local library.  What can I say, language learning is a hobby.  I feel like knowing a language is gaining a new sense because you can understand what is written on a sign when you see it in the movie and I enjoy watching movies and international dramas.  Besides, it lessens the guilt of spending so much time on those activities if you learn something potentially useful while wasting so much time, especially if a drama ends the way PA ended :D. Sorry for the long exposition.

Thanks for your reply. I feel inspired reading this. I wish I can can learn more languages in the future. 

12 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

Yes, some Chinese fantasy movies are actually look like video games, such as League of Gods. Maybe that old fashioned part of me, but I prefer when Chinese cinema revolved around artistic movies like those of Zhang Yi Mou, Wong War Kai, or Peter Chan, and many more directors. Too bad they'll never create movies with nostalgia feelings like that nowadays.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

U should watch episod 7 n 8 they went to fukuoka by luxury cruise hahaa ... i wonder that chubby girl that cried at 1st episod after LGX said ur mom doesnt want u anymore didnt appear anymore at 3rd episod ?

Yeah, I wonder abt her too. She appeared in 4th ep. I feel she's homesick, uncomfortable and hasn't got along with other kids at some parts. The luxury cruise part is hilarious too, especially when they asked who spent all the money. LOL. I know LGX, I'm never worried that he spent too much money for fun. Also, in the Wunan trip, when they asked him to buy anything he could with the given money at the market, I knew he could never win the mission. It's just out of his character. LOL.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

Yeah, I wonder abt her too. She appeared in 4th ep. I feel she's homesick, uncomfortable and hasn't got along with other kids at some parts. The luxury cruise part is hilarious too, especially when they asked who spent all the money. LOL. I know LGX, I'm never worried that he spent too much money for fun. Also, in the Wunan trip, when they asked him to buy anything he could with the given money at the market, I knew he could never win the mission. It's just out of his character. LOL.

yeah so funny that part he keep on playing vendor machine hahaha ... i found he is so tricky at fukuoka when their mission is searching for ramen shop at mall ... he ask the others to walking straight first meanwhile he already seeing rickshaw behinds him hahaha .. love that girl XUE ER and Jackson so cutie ... also when his bday he have to make himself a bday cake lol :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

Sorry this is out of topic 

Girls do u still remember the scholarship man in Princess Agent?

That because of saving him CQ later get poisoned by MengFeng needle

That guy is married today :D

http://overseas.weico.cc/share/5350456.html?weibo_id=4142438107058869

Saw that but i cant recognise him. Only noticed elvis han next to him :)

• Like 2

Just now, cheeriekwan said:

Saw that but i cant recognise him. Only noticed elvis han next to him :)

yeah only saw it at PA weibo just now lol ...yeah just knew he is elvis han bestfriend

• Like 2