Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

7 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

Yeah Lin is his surname same like rubby lin ... jimy lin ... their surname is the same ... some dialect read it Lim ... hokkianese dialect we read it Lim

Thnks to post the pic coz im using handphone cant copy image add haha 

Yeah at god of war just focus seeing  his martial art :wub:  its cool

your welcome and i guessed as much @Melda Hung

Add:  I think his fighting scenes were nice to watch because he knows martials arts right @Melda Hung?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gentlelily12 said:

I really like the sound of "Lin Gengxin Studio".  Btw his name shd be spelt as Lin Gengxin or Lin Geng Xin?  Or Ling GengXin?

It is up to individual whether they like it joint or split. Lin is the surname/family name. Gengxin is the given name. Lin Gengxin is pronounced in Mandarin.

I read somewhere that his name also has some feng shui connectiivty as it would cause him to always seek newer things.  And as you say,  some say thats why he's always changing gfs (i am just skeptical abt him being a playboy though).

Not familiar with fengshui. Xin means new. When Geng+Xin put together in word, it means newer. :lol:

59 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

your welcome and i guessed as much @Melda Hung

Add:  I think his fighting scenes were nice to watch because he knows martials arts right @Melda Hung?

He might be trained before coz he always starring in martial arts drama ... i see bts PA that even YQ etc all had trained before and ride horse lesson haha 

http://overseas.weico.cc/share/5406555.html?weibo_id=4142913300705056

Another Fan meeting pics

http://overseas.weico.cc/share/5406706.html?weibo_id=4142912424298204

So handsome :wub:

16 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

@matchamacchiato, thank you and i have actually updated LGX's profile page with his studio name info supplied by you.   I am also in the process of updating his endorsements so far but the info seems scattered about .  I know he's endorsing HLA, Mens Uno, Elizabeth Arden China and recently with ZLY in Xstep. Would you possibly hv additional info on his brand endorsements btw?  Trying to equip the profile page with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.

That's all I can come up with too, and the Iqiyi that @cheeriekwan has mentioned.

I believe every character in Chinese name has a meaning. Such as 林 (Forest) is a common Chinese surname, 更 (change), 新 (new). So his whole name means "change for brand new".

林更新工作室 is the name of his weibo's office account. Together with his personal account, those are two trustworthy sources for his new activities. Other weibo accounts, even those including his name, are all fan accounts.

Another thing about the profile on the 1st page. His Chinese zodiac should be Rabbit, not Dragon. When it comes to Chinese zodiac signs, we use birthday in the lunar calendar. His lunar birthday is 26 December, Year of Rabbit. People usually confuse because his birthday in the Georgian calendar fell in 1988 (generally believed Year of Dragon).

An interesting scene about LGX's zodiac sign in "Baby let me go" show:

Spoiler

In ep 4, Xue'er said that her zodiac sign was rabbit, that's why she loved carrots. LGX immediately said he didn't like carrots at all. Xue'er then asked which his zodiac sign was. So he couldn't say his sign is rabbit because she would be taken aback and realized people of rabbit sign didn't have to like carrots. Instead, he replied that his zodiac sign was fish, which is of course not one of 12 zodiac signs. However, fish is considered as "trick", as in "fishy". So by saying that, he implied that he's telling lies to her. 

14 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

I believe every character in Chinese name has a meaning. Such as 林 (Forest) is a common Chinese surname, 更 (change), 新 (new). So his whole name means "change for brand new".

林更新工作室 is the name of his weibo's office account. Together with his personal account, those are two trustworthy sources for his new activities. Other weibo accounts, even those including his name, are all fan accounts.

Another thing about the profile on the 1st page. His Chinese zodiac should be Rabbit, not Dragon. When it comes to Chinese zodiac signs, we use birthday in the lunar calendar. His lunar birthday is 26 December, Year of Rabbit. People usually confuse because his birthday in the Georgian calendar fell in 1988 (generally believed Year of Dragon).

Reveal hidden contents

In ep 4, Xue'er said that her zodiac sign was rabbit, that's why she loved carrots. LGX immediately said he didn't like carrots at all. Xue'er then asked which his zodiac sign was. So he couldn't say his sign is rabbit because she would be taken aback and realized people of rabbit sign didn't necessarily like carrots. Instead, he replied that his zodiac sign was fish, which is of course not one of 12 zodiac signs. However, fish is considered as "trick", as in "fishy". So by saying that, he implied that he's telling lies to her. 

Yeah he was born in rabbit year ... people who born that year 1988  till 16 feb still under rabbit year ... his name also unique lol  .. lin change new everydays :lol: 

33 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

That's all I can come up with too, and the Iqiyi that @cheeriekwan has mentioned.

Hide contents

In ep 4, Xue'er said that her zodiac sign was rabbit, that's why she loved carrots. LGX immediately said he didn't like carrots at all. Xue'er then asked which his zodiac sign was. So he couldn't say his sign is rabbit because she would be taken aback and realized people of rabbit sign didn't necessarily like carrots. Instead, he replied that his zodiac sign was fish, which is of course not one of 12 zodiac signs. However, fish is considered as "trick", as in "fishy". So by saying that, he implied that he's telling lies to her. 

Great pc of info. Thanks @matchamacchiato

Believe it or not, I dropped God of war after watching 1st ep. I'm simply unable to accept how the production company turned such a good-concept drama into a ridiculous idol drama like that. Maybe because I'm a fan of Three Kingdoms the novel, and Zhao Zi Long is my most favorite character there. Let's just say I boycotted it. B) However, I admitted that LGX looked so handsome there. Like this:

1808_957395761003108_4088803980782858379

credit as tagged.

Today, I miss the 14th prince, for no specific reason. Have you all watched Scarlet heart? I think the Korean remake is much more popular in soompi forum. I've watched both, but Ji Soo's performance can't really get into my heart the way LGX's 14th prince did. Here's the mv I found, it includes big spoiler indeed.

Spoiler

I stopped at episode 10 for ZZL, still trying to go back when i have time. Just need a closure.

For BBJX, I watched it in beteeen PA as i missed him so much when there is no new release of PA during weekends. But it turned out to be so good that I now ranked it on par with Nirvana on Fire. Am totally impressed with LGX given that being his 1st drama. I will watch this whenever i need a dose.

47 minutes ago, matchamacchiato said:

Believe it or not, I dropped God of war after watching 1st ep. I'm simply unable to accept how the production company turned such a good-concept drama into a ridiculous idol drama like that. Maybe because I'm a fan of Three Kingdoms the novel, and Zhao Zi Long is my most favorite character there. Let's just say I boycotted it. B) However, I admitted that LGX looked so handsome there. Like this:

1808_957395761003108_4088803980782858379

credit as tagged.

Today, I miss the 14th prince, for no specific reason. Have you all watched Scarlet heart? I think the Korean remake is much more popular in soompi forum. I've watched both, but Ji Soo's performance can't really get into my heart the way LGX's 14th prince did. Here's the mv I found, it includes big spoiler indeed.

Reveal hidden contents

he looks so young n handsome in Zhao Zhi Long love his hair style there bit younger than in YWY ....

7 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

I stopped at episode 10 for ZZL, still trying to go back when i have time. Just need a closure.

For BBJX, I watched it in beteeen PA as i missed him so much when there is no new release of PA during weekends. But it turned out to be so good that I now ranked it on par with Nirvana on Fire. Am totally impressed with LGX given that being his 1st drama. I will watch this whenever i need a dose.

Is BBJX good? I havent watched it lol

1 hour ago, matchamacchiato said:

Hide contents

Just realised we both posted cut mv of them in different songs. 

I only watched c version but my friend watched both versions and preferred the original c version. 

16 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Just realised we both posted cut mv of them in different songs. 

I only watched c version but my friend watched both versions and preferred the original c version. 

I always watch the uncut version when it comes to Chinese drama. Dont know why, maybe due to my habit. Lol. Actually, I prefer the song "Three inches of heaven" (Yan Yi Dan) to "The persistent thought" (Hu Ge). The OST and BGM of Scarlet heart are really excellent, everything is on point. There's another good song named "Season of waiting" performed by Liu Shi Shi. 

Talk about Scarlet heart, I reminded a tumblr post said "In US UK entertainment, whenever a book is made into live action movie, everyone bashes it. But looked at Chinese counterpart, they made not only a live action, but also a sequel, a Korean remake, the 2 leads getting married and inviting the author to their wedding with other actors doing bridemaids and best men. Scarlet heart is a legend." It's so true. 

By the way, I also reminded that LGX couldn't make it to Liu Shi Shi and Nicky Wu's wedding due to his conflict with Tangren. He shared Yuan Hong's weibo post and congratulated them online instead. Oh my poor heart. 

1 hour ago, matchamacchiato said:

I prefer 3 inches to heaven too as it is more touching. It nails right thru my heart. I do not have many 5 stars drama (my own record ranking) and Scarlet Heart is one of them. 

I only got to know LGX in PA and now catching up with his shows and news. Sad to know that he couldnt join the rest of the casts to Nicky and Cecilia's wedding.

Archived